TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP
When my husband and kids tried this soup, they all had to have seconds. Now they're happy anytime I put it on the table. Sometimes I include cooked, crumbled bacon and serve it with mozzarella cheese. -Christina Addison, Blanchester, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 18 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrots; cook and stir until crisp-tender, 5-6 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Add the tomatoes, broth, sugar, basil and bay leaf. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables are tender, 6-7 hours., Stir in tortellini. Cook, covered, on high 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low; stir in cream until heated through. Discard bay leaf. Serve with Parmesan cheese and basil. Freeze option: Before stirring in half-and-half, cool soup and freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add half-and-half as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 23mg cholesterol, Sodium 569mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP
A rich creamy tomato soup with some tortellini to fill your tummy. Serve with some hot garlic bread! I just combined a few of my favorites from other recipes and added some parmesan it was a hit. Hope you enjoy it too!
Provided by DianeNJ
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till soft.
- Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended.
- Add chicken broth and stir in tomato paste till blended.
- Simmer for 20 minutes
- Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
- Add tortellini and cook till tender (at least 15 minutes).
TOMATO-BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP
- Over medium heat cook garlic in oil until fragrant.
- Stir in broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for 3 minutes longer.
SUE'S SPICY TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI
A friend remarked about a similar baked tortellini dish at a restaurant, so I wanted to try re-creating it for her at home. My stovetop version makes it weeknight easy. -Cynthia Gerken, Naples, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain., Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken, 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; saute until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan. , In the same pan, add onion, habanero pepper, garlic and the remaining Italian seasoning and oil; reduce heat to medium. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in cream; bring to a boil. Add tortellini, chicken and cheese; heat through. Top with basil to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 488 calories, Fat 31g fat (17g saturated fat), Cholesterol 126mg cholesterol, Sodium 575mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
More about "tomato basil tortellini soup recipes"
AMAZING TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - LAUREN'S LATEST
5/5 (2)Total Time 36 minsCategory DinnerCalories 332 per serving
- In large pot, cook garlic in olive oil 1 minute or until fragrant. Pour in tomatoes, broth, sugar and spices.
- Bring to boil, reduce to simmer. Simmer gently for 20-30 minutes or until flavorful. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 5 minutes before serving, pour in tortellini and stir. Once tortellini are puffed, soft and floating, they are done and you are ready to serve.
TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - THE COOKIN CHICKS
4/5 (9)Category Main Course, SoupServings 8Calories 295 per serving
TOMATO WITH BASIL SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP - BAKER BY NATURE
PROGRESSO TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH TORTELLINI RECIPES
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP WITH SPINACH
CREAMY TOMATO PARMESAN TORTELLINI SOUP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP | FOODIECRUSH.COM
SLOW COOKER CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH TORTELLINI
TOMATO BASIL CHICKEN TORTELLINI SOUP RECIPE - SWEET CS DESIGNS
TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP - JO COOKS
TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP — TO SALT & SEE
RECIPE: TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP | KITCHN
CAMPBELL'S TOMATO SOUP WITH TORTELLINI - COOKING WITH …
SLOW COOKER CREAMY TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP
TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
TORTELLINI AND FIRE ROASTED TOMATO SOUP - INQUIRING CHEF
30 MINUTE TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP (VIDEO) - LIFE AS A STRAWBERRY
TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - SCHWAN'S
TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH CHEESE TORTELLINI - IOWA GIRL EATS
TOMATO BASIL SPINACH TORTELLINI SOUP - THE IDEA ROOM
TORTELLINI & BASIL & TOMATO CAN PROGRESSIVE SOUP RECIPE
TOMATO AND BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - FETTY'S FOOD BLOG
TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP - SPEND WITH PENNIES
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - THAT SPICY CHICK
ONE POT TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - REAL MOM KITCHEN - PASTA
CROCKPOT TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP | CREME DE LA CRUMB
TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP RECIPE WITH BASIL PESTO - SOME THE WISER
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH TORTELLINI - FOR THE LOVE OF GOURMET
CREAMY TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
ONE-POT TOMATO AND BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - GAL ON A MISSION
RECIPE OF SPEEDY TORTELLINI TOMATO SOUP - WWW.VERBIERGPS.COM
CREAMY TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP - EASY PEASY MEALS
TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH CORNBREAD CROUTONS RECIPE
SLOW COOKER TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
EASY BUTTERNUT, TOMATO & TORTELLINI SOUP RECIPE | KETO
SLOW COOKER TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH TORTELLINI - RACHEL COOKS®
CREAMY TOMATO TORTELLINI SOUP WITH SPINACH - CAFE DELITES
TOMATO BASIL SOUP WITH TORTELLINI - TWO HEALTHY KITCHENS
TOMATO BASIL CREAMY TORTELLINI - GARDEN IN THE KITCHEN
ONE-POT TOMATO BASIL TORTELLINI SOUP | 12 TOMATOES
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #soups-stews #pasta #kid-friendly #low-fat #stocks #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-carb #healthy-2 #toddler-friendly #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #ravioli-tortellini #taste-mood
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook tortellini soup with tomatoes?Form the base of the soup: Add the fire roasted tomatoes, tomato soup, milk, basil and chicken broth to pot, stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add half and half and tortellini to soup pot, stir and cook for another 5 or 6 minutes more or until tortellini is cooked.
How to cook tortellini pasta?In a Dutch oven or soup pot heat the olive oil. Add chopped onions and cook until onion is soft and translucent. Add the fire roasted tomatoes, tomato soup, milk, basil and chicken broth to pot, stir and simmer for 5 minutes. Add half and half and tortellini to soup pot, stir and cook for another 5 or 6 minutes more or until tortellini is cooked.
What do you add to tomato soup to make it creamy?Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till soft. Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended. Add chicken broth and stir in tomato paste till blended. Add light cream and parmesan cheese.
How do you make tomato soup from canned tomatoes?Coat soup pan with olive oil. Add onion and garlic and saute till soft. Add canned diced tomatoes, basil, tomato soup and two cans milk. Stir till blended.