TOMATO SALAD WITH TURKISH TAHINI DRESSING
If tomatoes are unavailable, use this popular Turkish dressing with steamed vegetables or a green salad.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, salads and dressings
Yield Serves four to six (the recipe makes about 2/3 cup dressing)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a platter.
- Mix together the tahini, water and lemon juice. Combine the garlic with 1/4 teaspoon salt in a mortar and pestle, and mash to a paste. Stir into the tahini mixture. Add the cumin, then salt and pepper (or Aleppo pepper) to taste. Thin out with water if the dressing is too thick to pour. Drizzle over the sliced tomatoes, sprinkle on the parsley and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 90, UnsaturatedFat 5 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 6 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 334 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
EASY GREEK PASTA SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- Cook pasta as directed on box. Meanwhile, in large bowl, stir together seasoning mix (from salad box), oil, tahini, lemon juice and water.
- Drain pasta; rinse with cold water. Shake to drain well.
- Add drained pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, arugula and chick peas to tahini dressing mixture. Measure out and reserve 2 tablespoons feta cheese. Add remaining feta cheese to pasta; toss to combine. Sprinkle with reserved feta cheese. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 340, Carbohydrate 33 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Fat 3 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 9 g, SaturatedFat 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 550 mg, Sugar 5 g, TransFat 0 g
TASTEFUL TAHINI SALAD DRESSING
I hate mayo, but I love hummus and tahini. People are always asking for the recipe. The tahini gives it a Middle Eastern feel and the lemon, garlic, and ginger flavors really give it a kick! Easy to make, just needs a blender or a food processor. Experiment by adding a bit more lemon or a bit less garlic, or adding ground mint. Works well on anything, especially on simple salads.
Provided by Matt Sandler
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Blend the tahini, olive oil, water, tamari, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, and black pepper together in a blender until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 108.5 calories, Carbohydrate 2.3 g, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 1.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 258.3 mg, Sugar 0.2 g
TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI SAUCE (MIDDLE EAST, PALESTINE)
This is a nice side dish during Ramadan that is normally eaten with pita or flat bread. It is a refreshin twist to a regular salad!
Provided by Palis Favorites
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash and dice tomatoes. You can leave the skin on the cucumber if you prefer, it adds a little color and crunch. Dice the cucumber as well.
- Mix the tahini with garlic, lemon juice,salt, and pepper. You can add a little water to make a thick sauce.
- Add the tahini mix with the tomatoes and cucumbers and mix well.
- Pour olive oil over salad and garnish with dried mint.
CUCUMBER TOMATO TAHINI SALAD
- For the dressing, make my lime tahini sauce recipe by blending tahini paste, lime juice, water, kosher salt together, then stir in a good cup of parsley. You can do this one night ahead of time and save it covered in the fridge. (If the tahini sauce becomes thicker as it sits in the fridge, you can stir in more lime juice or water to loosen it).
- To make the salad, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the tahini sauce with the diced cucumbers, tomatoes, and jalapeno. Add the Aleppo-style pepper, if using. Mix well. Taste and add salt to your liking. And if needed, add more lime juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 135 kcal, Carbohydrate 1.2 g, Protein 5.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.2 g, Sodium 14.8 mg, Fiber 1.8 g, Sugar 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
PITA SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- For the salad: Heat 1/4 inch of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Fry the pita pieces until lightly browned, 30 to 60 seconds on each side. Transfer to a paper towel and immediately sprinkle lightly with salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the pita chips with the spinach, mint, tomatoes, radishes, cucumber and onions. Season with a few turns of black pepper and salt to taste.
- For the tahini dressing: Whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, sumac, salt, garlic and 1/4 cup water, stirring until thickened. Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad and toss. Serve with the remaining dressing on the side.
CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- Combine cucumber, tomatoes, and mint in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Gently toss.
- Divide salad among four plates, and drizzle with Tahini Dressing. Serve immediately.
TOMATO AND ONION SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- Soak onion in salted cold water while preparing other ingredients, about 30 minutes. Whisk or blend together garlic, tahini and cumin, and add lemon juice; the mixture will become very thick. Thin with hot water, a tablespoon at a time, just so the mixture can be spooned. (It will thin further when tossed with tomatoes.) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss onion, tomatoes and parsley with dressing. Taste, adjust the seasonings and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 161, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 11 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 442 milligrams, Sugar 5 grams
VEGAN POTATO SALAD WITH TAHINI
This robustly seasoned vegan potato salad is lively and earthy from a dressing of cumin, charred scallion and loads of tahini, which gives it a rich and creamy texture. This is a good one to make a day or two before you want to serve it as the flavors get better as they sit. Just be sure to let it come to room temperature so everything is at its brightest and most supple.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories salads and dressings, vegetables, side dish
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the potatoes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook until potatoes are just tender, 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the kind of potato. Drain very well.
- Heat the broiler. Arrange 1 bunch scallions on a sheet pan. Thinly slice the other bunch, reserving the slices for serving.
- Season the whole scallions in the pan with salt and pepper, and very lightly drizzle with olive oil. Broil until charred, tossing occasionally, for 3 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool. Coarsely chop scallions and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, cumin and a large pinch of salt. Let sit for 1 minute to mellow the garlic and dissolve the salt. Whisk in tahini, then gradually add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time (about 3 to 6 tablespoons total), until the sauce thickens and is smooth enough to drizzle. The sauce can take 30 seconds to 1 minute to thicken so keep whisking; if it gets too thick, thin it down with a little more water. Taste and add more lemon juice and salt if needed.
- Transfer hot potatoes and charred scallions to bowl with tahini dressing. Drizzle in the remaining 1/3 cup olive oil and toss until potatoes are well coated. Taste and add more salt and lemon juice if needed.
- Let cool to room temperature for at least an hour before serving, or refrigerate for up to 24 hours. The potatoes will absorb the dressing as they sit. Just before serving, taste and add more salt or lemon juice if needed, and toss with the raw scallion slices and herbs.
LENTIL SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
Pack four of your 5-a-day into each portion of this healthy lentil and sweet potato salad, which provides calcium, iron, folate, vitamin C and fibre.
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick wok. Add the sweet potato and fry for 5 mins, stirring frequently until it starts to soften. If it starts to brown too quickly, put a lid on the pan. Add the carrot, courgette, onion, cumin and ginger, then cook over a high heat, stirring frequently, until the veg is tender and a little charred. Stir in the seeds towards the end so they cook for a couple of mins. Remove from the heat and add the lentils, bouillon powder, lemon zest, mint and parsley.
- Meanwhile, stir the tahini with the garlic, yogurt and 1 tbsp water to make a dressing. Spoon the lentil salad into bowls and top with the dressing and paprika, if using. If you're following our Healthy Diet Plan, save two portions stored in containers and chill until ready to eat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 460 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 42 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 23 grams sugar, Fiber 12 grams fiber, Protein 18 grams protein, Sodium 0.36 milligram of sodium
TAHINI DRESSING OVER MEDITERRANEAN SALAD
Developed for the RSC#7 contest, this is easy and the taste is flavorful! This also makes a great dip or sauce to serve over vegs., etc.
Provided by Sharon123
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl.If you would like a little sweetness, add the brown sugar. But try it without first. If the sauce is too thick, you may thin with a little water or lemon juice.
- Slice vegetables for salad. Add chickpeas. Place on plate, salt and pepper to taste, but remember the dressing is full of flavor! Sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Add the dressing and enjoy! The dressing is also good over felafels, vegs., and grains.
- If taking on a picnic, pack the salad and the dressing separately. Mix together when serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 657.5, Fat 48, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 16.7, Sodium 926.4, Carbohydrate 47.2, Fiber 11, Sugar 5.5, Protein 15.9
More about "tomato salad with turkish tahini dressing recipes"
TOMATO CUCUMBER SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE
TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING - RAWISMYRELIGION
TURKISH SHEPHERD SALAD - GIVE RECIPE
10 BEST TANGY TOMATO SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | YUMMLY
TURKISH SHEPHERD SALAD - RECIPE | A KITCHEN IN ISTANBUL
TAHINI SALAD DRESSING - LOVING IT VEGAN
GRILLED LETTUCE SALAD WITH CORN, TOMATOES AND TAHINI DRESSING
HOW TO MAKE PALESTINIAN TAHINI SALAD - MIDDLE EAST EYE
CHICKPEA, TOMATO & SAUSAGE SALAD W/ LEMON TAHINI DRESSING — …
RECIPE OF THE DAY: TOMATO AND ONION SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
TOMATO TAHINI DRESSING - THE FULL HELPING
TOMATO AND CUCUMBER SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING - DOMESTIC …
TURKISH TOMATO AND ONION SALAD WITH OLIVE OIL AND POMEGRANATE …
TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
TURKISH TOMATO SALAD WITH FRESH HERBS RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
TOMATO SALAD WITH TURKISH TAHINI DRESSING - MASTERCOOK
TOMATO SALAD DRESSING VINAIGRETTE (TANGY & SWEET!)
GAVURDAGI SALAD OF RIPE TOMATOES, ONION ... - OZLEM'S TURKISH TABLE
TOMATO SALAD WITH TURKISH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE
CUCUMBER TOMATO TAHINI SALAD - DONERG
SALAD WITH DRESSING - TURKISH RECIPES
MIDDLE EASTERN TAHINI SALAD RECIPE - LITTLE SUNNY KITCHEN
SLOW-ROASTED TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING - WOOLWORTHS TASTE
TOMATO CUKE SALAD W TAHINI YOGURT RANCH DRESSING
TURKISH TOMATO SALAD RECIPE (GAVURDAGI) - UNICORNS IN …
PIYAZ (TURKISH WHITE BEAN SALAD WITH A TAHINI DRESSING)
TOMATO SALAD WITH TURKISH TAHINI DRESSING - DINING AND COOKING
LIST OF SALADS - WIKIPEDIA
CUCUMBER AND TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPES
TOMATO SALAD WITH TURKISH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE | RECIPE
CUCUMBER SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING / GET RECIPE INGREDIENTS
8 TAHINI SALAD DRESSING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
TURKISH BARLEY & LENTIL SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING RECIPE FROM GRAINS ...
TOMATO TAHINI DRESSING? – MAKEHUMMUSNOTWAR
BUTTER LETTUCE SALAD WITH DUKKAH, AVOCADO, AND TAHINI DRESSING
TOMATO SALAD WITH TAHINI SAUCE - CULINAE MUNDI
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make a tahini salad?Adjust ingredients to your liking. Chop the tomatoes and the cucumber into cubes. Add the tahini dressing and mix the salad. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. If you’re making this tahini salad to add to a falafel burger or wrap, then make sure that your tahini dressing is not too watery.
What is Turkish tomato salad made of?Turkish tomato salad made with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and crunchy walnuts is absolutely delicious. This salad is flavored with pomegranate molasses and is the perfect side dish. You can make this fresh and tasty salad in only 15 minutes!
What to do if your tahini dressing is too thick?If your tahini dressing is too thick, add a little bit of cold water and mix again. Adjust ingredients to your liking. Chop the tomatoes and the cucumber into cubes. Add the tahini dressing and mix the salad. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
What is the best cucumber for tahini salad?English cucumbers are best for making tahini salad because they are sweeter and do not need to be peeled. Dice the vegetables as small as possible. The cucumbers and tomatoes (and jalapenos if using) should be diced as small as possible.