CORN DOG CASSEROLE
Reminiscent of traditional corn dogs, this fun main dish really hits the spot on fall days. It's perfect for the football parties my husband and I often host. It tastes especially good right from the oven. -Marcy Suzanne Olipane, Belleville, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small skillet, saute celery in butter 5 minutes. Add onions; saute until vegetables are tender, 5 minutes longer. Place in a large bowl; set aside. , Preheat oven to 400°. Cut hot dogs into 1/2-inch slices. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs until lightly browned, about 5 minutes; add to vegetables. Reserve 1 cup. , In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in cornbread mixes. Add 1-1/2 cups cheese. Spread into a shallow 3-qt. or 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese. , Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 578 calories, Fat 38g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 1307mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
SLOW-COOKER CHEESY CORN DOG CASSEROLE
The beloved corn dog is given a new look and taste courtesy of your slow cooker. Ingredients like Bisquick, hot dogs, jalapenos, corn and cheddar are slow cooked to a cheesy casserole.
Provided by By Tieghan Gerard
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker generously with cooking spray, or grease with oil.
- Chop and seed 1 jalapeño chile, and slice and seed the other jalapeño chile into rounds. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix Bisquick mix, cornmeal, brown sugar, onion powder and pepper. Add butter, buttermilk and egg. Stir until combined. Stir in hot dogs, drained corn, 1 cup of the cheese and 1 chopped jalapeño.
- Spoon into slow cooker. Cover; cook on High heat setting 3 to 4 hours or Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until toothpick inserted in casserole comes out clean. (I cooked mine on Low 5 1/2 hours, and it came out perfect.)
- Just before you are ready to eat, heat broiler to high. Add remaining cheese and sliced jalapeños to top of casserole. Remove ceramic bowl from slow cooker base, and place under broiler about 1 minute to melt cheese (watch closely!).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1240, Carbohydrate 128 g, Cholesterol 175 mg, Fat 6 1/2, Fiber 5 g, Protein 39 g, SaturatedFat 29 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 2740 mg, Sugar 31 g, TransFat 2 1/2 g
CHILI CHEESE DOG CASSEROLE
Kids and dads alike will dive right into this hearty, comforting dish. With a crispy cheese topping on a warm corn bread crust, this recipe is a keeper. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Spread half the batter into a greased 8-in. square baking dish; set aside. , In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in hot dogs; saute until lightly browned, 3-4 minutes longer. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder; heat through. Stir in 3/4 cup cheese. , Spoon over cornbread batter; top with remaining cornbread batter. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top., Bake, uncovered, at 350° until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 28-32 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 615 calories, Fat 37g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 115mg cholesterol, Sodium 1585mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 22g protein.
CORN DOG CASSEROLE
- In a medium skillet, saute celery and green onions in butter for 5 minutes. Place saute mixture in a large bowl; set aside.
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to celery/onion mixture and mix all together. Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add all but reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mix and 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese. Mix all together and spread mixture into a shallow 3 quart baking dish. Top with reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 453.9 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Cholesterol 87.7 mg, Fat 29.2 g, Fiber 0.9 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 12.8 g, Sodium 1445.9 mg, Sugar 6.3 g
CORN DOG CASSEROLE
- In skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 min.
- Add onions; saute 5 min.
- Place in a large bowl; set aside. Cut hot dogs lengthwise into 1/4s, then cut into 1/3s.
- In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 min. or until lightly browned; add to vegetables. set aside 1 cup.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage and pepper.
- Add the remaining hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mixes.
- Add 1 1/2 cup cheese. Spread into a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 30 min. or until golden brown.
- NOTES : I just use my own corn bread recipe.
CORN DOG CASSEROLE
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the green onions and cook for 2 more minutes. Transfer the celery and green onions to a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut the hot dogs in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch pieces. Sauté the hot dogs in same pan, set over medium-high heat, turning to brown on all sides, about 7 minutes. Transfer to the bowl with celery and green onions. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the milk and eggs together. Add the corn muffin mix, sage, salt, and pepper. Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and combine.
- Put the hot dog mixture in the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Pour in the corn muffin mix mixture and sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown, set, and risen slightly.
- Great for freezing! See our Freezer Tips on pages 23-27.
- This can easily be converted into a vegetarian dish by substituting your favorite vegetarian hot dogs.
- Corn dogs instantly take Sandy back to summers in the Valley. As soon as the last school bell rang, she and her sisters would run out to meet her parents for their annual trip to the local wholesale food distributor. (The distributor supplied food in bulk to restaurants, and generally did not sell to regular people-but that didn't stop Marge, Sandy's mom.) Her parents stocked up on burritos, pickles, and hamburger patties to feed the family over the summer, while the girls begged nonstop for the mammoth box of frozen corn dogs. Eventually, Marge and Max would cave in, and the girls would giggle in delight. The summer was then full of afternoons eating tasty corn dogs covered in lots of yellow mustard. Yum!
VEGETARIAN CORN DOG CASSEROLE
This casserole tastes just like a corn dog, only better, thanks to the addition of cheese, celery, green onions, and spices. This is a very tasty, kid-friendly dish. Since we became vegetarians, we use veggie hot dogs instead of meat in the recipe. The recipe makes 12 servings, but you can cut the recipe down to the size you need.
Provided by COURTNEYSUNSHINE
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter, then saute celery for 5 minutes. Stir in green onions, and saute an additional 5 minutes. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
- Cut hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In the same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Mix hot dogs into celery and onions. Set aside 1 cup of this mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage, pepper, and corn bread mix. Stir well to combine, then stir into remaining hot dog mixture. Mix in 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 396.1 calories, Carbohydrate 34.5 g, Cholesterol 51.4 mg, Fat 19.4 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 21.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.6 g, Sodium 1054.2 mg, Sugar 6.4 g
BAKED BEAN CORN DOG CASSEROLE
This is easy, cheap, and delicious! Kids and adults alike both love it. Great for Potlucks, and only takes about 10 minutes to throw together!
Provided by Carrie A
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put beans into large baking pan.
- Slice hot dogs into 1/2 inch slices and add to beans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While bean and hot dog mixture is in the oven,Mix cornbread mix, milk, eggs, creamed corn, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Once bean and hot dog mixture has baked for 15-20 minutes, spread cornbread mixture gently on top to cover.
- Bake for 20-30 additional minutes or until cornbread is cooked through.
- Cornbread will be moist because of corn, so don't overcook.
More about "corn dog casserole recipes"
CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
5/5 (7)Category EntreeServings 6Total Time 40 mins
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large saucepan, combine all casserole ingredients; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat until bubbly, stirring frequently. Pour into ungreased 2-quart casserole.
- Prepare corn muffin mix as directed on package, using milk, margarine and egg. Spoon batter evenly around edges of hot bean mixture.
CHEESY CORN DOG CASSEROLE - THE BAKERMAMA
CROCK POT CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE - TAMMILEE TIPS
EASY BAKED CORN DOG CASSEROLE | RECIPELION.COM
10 BEST HOT DOG CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - BELLY FULL
10 BEST HOT DOG CORNBREAD CASSEROLE RECIPES | YUMMLY
TOP 24 CORN DOG CASSEROLE - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND …
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - KID FRIENDLY RECIPE - TASTE AND TELL
HOT DOG CORN CASSEROLE - THE COUNTRY COOK
DELICIOUS CROCK POT CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE! - FOOD NEWS
CHILI CHEESE CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE | DELICIOUS RECIPES
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - HEARTLANDCOOKING.COM
CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - EASY RECIPES
VEGETARIAN CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
BEST JALAPEñO POPPER CORN FRITTERS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CORN …
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - THE FARMWIFE COOKS
CROCK POT CORN DOG CASSEROLE - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - LYNN'S KITCHEN ADVENTURES
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - BIGOVEN.COM
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - SHOTGUNRED.COM
CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - DIZZY BUSY AND HUNGRY!
CORN DOG CASSEROLE | 12 TOMATOES
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - BOB'S RED MILL BLOG
CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE FROM H-E-B - HEB.COM
CORN DOG CASSEROLE | DUSTY OLD THING
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - PINTEREST
CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
CORN DOG CASSEROLE - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
INSTANT POT CORN DOG CASSEROLE - 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING AND …
CORN DOG CASSEROLE (FROM SCRATCH) RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
CORN DOG CASSEROLE (GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE) - MAMASHIRE
CORNY BEAN DOG CASSEROLE | "JIFFY" MIX
TRY THIS TASTY, KID-FRIENDLY CORN DOG CASSEROLE RECIPE
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CORN DOGS? 8 BEST SIDE DISHES - EATDELIGHTS
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO PREPARE HOMEMADE CORN DOG CASSEROLE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #casseroles #main-dish #beef #vegetables #american #oven #kid-friendly #dietary #meat #equipment
You'll also love