TORTILLA SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Cook garlic and chili powder until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, broth, corn, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to a boil; reduce to a simmer. Add tortilla chips; cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice, and season with salt and pepper. Serve soup with lime wedges and, if desired, more chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 277 g, Fat 6 g, Fiber 8 g, Protein 13 g
EASY VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP
Quick, hearty soup with a bit of a kick. Can be made Vegan by omitting sour cream. Tame the spice down by substituting diced tomatoes for the Ro-Tel. I serve the soup with corn chips, but tri-colored tortilla strips add some visual appeal. I like to leave the black beans whole, but you can make it creamy by mashing the beans.
Provided by eneal1081
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sautee onion in vegetable oil until onions turn translucent. Add vegetable broth, Ro-Tel, black beans, corn, garlic salt, chili powder, and cumin. Heat to near boiling. Serve in soup bowl and garnish with 1 tbs. of sour cream and sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP
I found this in the January 2009 Good Housekeeping. I cooked chicken thighs to make homemade broth so I'd have more chicken broth for other recipes instead of using reduced-sodium chicken broth, and I didn't have poblano chilies so I used jalapenos. I had black beans already cooked in the freezer so I didn't use canned. The cilantro and lime juice make the recipe very flavorful...the soup would be bland without them. There are other recipes for Black Bean Tortilla Soup posted, but this one is another variation. Hearty and filling...
Provided by AmyZoe
Yield 11 cups, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a 6-quart saucepan, heat oil on medium-high until hot.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Add chicken to saucepot in 2 batches, and cook 5 minutes per batch or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken to medium bowl once it is browned.
- After all chicken is browned, add onion, poblanos, and garlic to saucepot.
- Cook on medium 10 minutes or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cumin and coriander and cook 1 minute.
- Add broth and water. Cover and heat to boiling.
- Return chicken and any juices in bowl to saucepot.
- Stir in frozen chicken and black beans.
- Heat to boiling on medium-high and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer uncovered 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in lime juice and cilantro.
- Ladle soup into bowls.
- Serve with tortilla chips for sprinkling on top of soup.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 320.2, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 71.6, Sodium 104, Carbohydrate 22.7, Fiber 5.7, Sugar 1.7, Protein 22.9
TORTILLA SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS AND CORN
Simple and made with pantry staples. A Great homemade last minute meal. Also a good way to use up the bottom of the bag crushed tortilla chips.
Provided by Ambervim
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 12 cups
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat oil over medium. Cook garlic, chili powder and cumin til fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice, beans, brother, corn, stock and 1 cup water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer.
- Add tortilla chips and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Season again with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 136.8, Fat 2.7, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 1.1, Sodium 68.5, Carbohydrate 23, Fiber 6.1, Sugar 2.5, Protein 7
HEARTY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP WITH BEANS
This filling chicken tortilla soup will leave bellies full and happy, and is boyfriend-approved. For a spicier soup add a diced jalapeno to the onions, or a 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Garnish soup with shredded jack cheese, avocado, cilantro, lime slices, and crispy tortilla strips if desired.
Provided by Kristen Bailey
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring water and 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottom stockpot; and chicken, cover Dutch oven, and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center, 10 to 15 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Transfer chicken to a plate to cool and pour water from Dutch oven into a bowl for later use.
- Heat olive oil in the Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and green bell pepper in the hot oil until onion is soft and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Add garlic to onion mixture; cook and stir until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Mix chicken broth, black beans, Great Northern beans, fire-roasted tomatoes, green chile peppers, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt to taste into onion mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover Dutch oven, and simmer until soup flavors blend, about 20 minutes.
- Remove bone from chicken and discard. Shred chicken meat into small pieces using your hands or a fork. Add chicken and corn to soup; cover Dutch oven and cook until corn is warmed, about 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.1 calories, Carbohydrate 30.5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Fat 6.4 g, Fiber 8.1 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 1219.7 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
TORTILLA AND BEAN SOUP
Here's a recipe for a Mexican-style soup that uses lots of beans combined with fresh chicken. The taco seasoning and green chiles make this one spicy - so be careful, and add to your taste. Serve with tortillas.
Provided by Margie C.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the chicken and water in a large pot over high heat. Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from the pot, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Return the meat to the pot. Add the onion, kidney beans, ranch style beans, pinto beans, black beans, hominy, tomatoes, taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix. Mix well, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205.2 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 22.8 mg, Fat 1.4 g, Fiber 8.6 g, Protein 16.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 1091.2 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
CROCKPOT BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP
An easy vegetarian version of tortilla soup. I'm writing it here in its basic, mild form, but you can turn up the heat by adding tabasco, using a hot enchilada sauce, or throwing in some diced jalapeno or chipotle.
Provided by MN_SpiceHunter
Categories Black Beans
Yield 5 bowls, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine all ingredients except tortillas in crockpot, cook on low 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F Lightly spray both sides of tortillas with nonstick cooking spray. Cut into thin strips (about 2.5" x 0.5") and spread onto baking sheet. Bake, turning occasionally until crisp, 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle tortilla strips over hot soup and serve immediately.
More about "tortilla soup with black beans recipes"
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - COOKING CLASSY
5/5 (8)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 407 per serving
- Heat 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, carrot and jalapeno and saute 4 minutes, add galic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Pour in broth, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
5/5 (105)Total Time 50 minsCategory Entree, SoupCalories 265 per serving
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, garlic, onion, pepper, an a pinch each salt and pepper and stir. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent and the peppers have a bit of color.
- Add cumin and chili powder and stir to coat. Then add salsa, vegetable stock and coconut sugar. Stir to combine, then increase heat to medium heat and bring to a low boil.
- Once it’s boiling, add black beans and corn and stir. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or more, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the more the flavor will develop. It’s even better the next day.
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Servings 4Calories 443 per servingTotal Time 5 mins
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP — DRAGGED THROUGH THE GARDEN
VEGAN BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - LIVING WELL WITH NIC
CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - COOKING CLASSY
BLACK BEAN CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE | CRAZY FRESH
VEGETARIAN TORTILLA SOUP – A COUPLE COOKS
TORTILLA SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING ...
TORTILLA SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
TORTILLA SOUP WITH BLACK BEANS & CORN | LAST INGREDIENT
TORTILLA-BEAN SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
EASY BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE ~ MACHEESMO
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP (INSTANT POT, GLUTEN-FREE ...
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
SMOKY BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - BLACK FIG FOOD
BLACK BEAN AND CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE | ONION RINGS ...
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH CRISPY TORTILLAS RECIPE - MELISSA ...
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - EASY DINNER RECIPES
SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH CRISPY TORTILLAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
A VEGAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS, BLACK BEANS ...
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN SOUP WITH TORTILLAS - THE PICKY EATER
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE & INSTRUCTIONS | DEL MONTE®
VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP – A SIMPLE PALATE
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - A BEAUTIFUL MESS
TORTILLA BLACK BEAN SOUP - DELISHABLY
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP – HAYLIE POMROY
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
CHICKEN AND BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - LIFE ...
BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
VEGETARIAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
CHUNKY BLACK BEAN AND TOMATO TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE RECIPE
EASY CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
VEGETARIAN BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - PEAS AND CRAYONS
MUSHROOM AND BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - THE WASHINGTON POST
VEGETARIAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPE
SWEET POTATO BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
SLOW COOKER BLACK BEAN TORTILLA SOUP - THE SCHMIDTY WIFE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make bean soup?In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium. Cook garlic and chili powder until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomatoes (with juice), beans, broth, corn, and 1 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Bring soup to a boil; reduce to a simmer.
What are some good recipes to make with black beans?Pour in broth, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin and season lightly with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Add black beans and simmer 5 minutes longer. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. While soup is cooking brush sides of tortillas with the 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil.
What is black bean soup with bacon?Black Bean Soup (with Bacon!) This is the veggie and black bean packed, vegetarian cousin of the traditional chicken tortilla soup. It's has great flavor and everyone will love the homemade tortilla strips! Queso fresco or shredded Mexican blend cheese, for serving (optional) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
What is in a chicken tortilla soup recipe?Directions. Return the meat to the pot. Add the onion, kidney beans, ranch style beans, pinto beans, black beans, hominy, tomatoes, taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix. Mix well, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes or until heated through. A deliciously easy chicken tortilla soup recipe with your favorite ingredients.