CHOCOLATE CHIFFON VALENTINE CAKE
"I first made this lovely lightly textured cake for my husband for Valentine's day more than 25 years ago," recalls Pat Eastman of Provo, Utah. "It's perfect for any special occasion. As an alternative, I've decorated the top with chocolate kisses."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line two greased 9-in. heart-shaped pans with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a small bowl, combine cocoa and water until smooth; cool. , In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, oil, vanilla and cocoa mixture. Add to dry ingredients; beat until well blended. , In a small bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture., Pour into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely; carefully remove waxed paper. , In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar until stiff peaks form; reserving 1-1/2 cups. Spread remaining frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. , Spoon reserved frosting into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe a decorative lattice design on cake top and sides. Garnish with strawberries and mint if desired. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302 calories, Fat 18g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 112mg cholesterol, Sodium 210mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
VALENTINE'S DAY MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES FOR TWO (OR MORE!)
OMG! These are to die for!!! Got these out of our local paper for the holiday and just made them. I used Giardelli's bittersweet choc. chips, Sucanat and whole wheat flour, but you may use whatever you have. I doubled the recipe and got 5 custard cup sized cakes. If you want more choc. lava, bake them for 10 minutes, less, 11-12. This is so quick and easy and it looks like you slaved in the kitchen, yet takes a total of 20 minutes from beginning to end! Wish I would have seen the recipe b4 my anniversary (which happens to be the 15th).
Provided by WI Cheesehead
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- If making and serving the cakes at once, preheat oven to 425°F Butter two 3/4-cup ceramic ramekins or ovenproof glass custard cups.
- In double boiler or in the microwave, melt butter with the chocolate, stirring to combine. Remove from heat immediately.
- In medium bowl, whisk egg and yolk lightly, then add sugar and salt ans whisk until blended and slightly paler and thickened, about 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the melted chocolate, in a stream, then whisk in flour.
- Divide batter between buttered ramekins.
- At this point, ramekins can be refrigerated for a day if preparing in advance; cover them loosely with plastic wrap once they're cool.
- Bake cakes on a baking sheet in preheated oven about 10 minutes if preparing immediately, up to 14 minutes if baking after refrigerating. Go by appearance, rather than time: The cakes should be firm on the outside and dry across the top, but the center 1 inch or so should still be quite wobbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 1 minute. Run knife around sides to loosen, then turn them out onto individual serving plates.
- Sift powdered sugar over them, if desired, and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366.6, Fat 27.6, SaturatedFat 16.1, Cholesterol 261.2, Sodium 119.5, Carbohydrate 25.3, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 19.2, Protein 5.4
VALENTINE'S CHOCOLATE CAKE
Embrace your sweet side and say I love you with a deliciously gooey chocolate cake that is guaranteed to make your partner's heart melt.
Provided by laurafoodmatters
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Then grease a cake tin with a little butter and pour the cake mix in it.
- Put the cake tin in the oven at full power (800-1000 watts) and leave it to bake for 3 minutes.
More about "valentines chocolate cake recipes"
BEST VALENTINE'S DAY DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE - DELISH
5/5 (1)Category DessertAuthor BlueappleTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter the pan of your choice or line the pan with wax paper or parchment and butter the paper.
- With a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip the butter for 1 minute on high speed, then scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE FOR VALENTINE'S DAY - BRIT.CO
Reviews 1Author Maggie MccrackenRatings 1
OUR BEST VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE RECIPES TO MAKE FOR YOUR LOVED …
23 BEST VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATE DESSERTS - UPSTATE RAMBLINGS
40 VALENTINE’S DAY DESSERTS FOR YOUR SWEETHEART
5 ROMANTIC CAKE RECIPES FOR VALENTINE’S DAY | CAKE BY COURTNEY
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH SURPRISE INSIDE - THERESCIPES.INFO
VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE - HANDLE THE HEAT
54 UNFORGETTABLE CHOCOLATE VALENTINE’S DAY DESSERTS THAT …
12 BEST VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE RECIPES | VALENTINE'S DAY …
22 CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY - THE …
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH STRAWBERRY MOUSSE FILLING - CHEF …
30 CHOCOLATE DESSERTS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY - TASTE OF HOME
VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATE HEART CAKE - BAKE TO THE ROOTS
VALENTINES DAY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPE | VINTAGE MIXER
73 CHOCOLATE DESSERTS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY (OR ANY DAY, …
VALENTINES DAY CAKE: CHOCOLATE BOX CAKE – 2 WAYS - COUCOUCAKE
VALENTINE'S CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
CHOCOLATE HEART CAKE | VALENTINE'S DAY SPECIAL - MINTS RECIPES
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CAKE PERFECT FOR VALENTINE'S DAY - OLD …
VALENTINE'S DAY SUMMER FOOD RECIPES FOR CAKES AND COOKIES
35 EASY VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATE RECIPES TO TRY THIS FEBRUARY
HEART-SHAPED VALENTINE'S CAKE - THE SPRUCE EATS
18 IRRESISTIBLE CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES FOR VALENTINE’S DAY
VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATE CAKE TUTORIAL - FLOUR & FLORAL
CHOCOLATE DESSERTS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY | MARTHA STEWART
32 CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES FOR A SWEET VALENTINE’S DAY - SERIOUS …
VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CHOCOLATE CANDY CAKES : FOOD NETWORK | VALENTINE'S DAY RECIPES …
VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
55+ BEST VALENTINE'S DAY CAKES & CUPCAKES - WOMAN'S DAY
50 ROMANTIC CHOCOLATE DESSERTS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY - PLATING PIXELS
OUR 41 BEST CHOCOLATE DESSERT RECIPES FOR VALENTINE'S DAY
VALENTINE'S MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKES RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
CHOCOLATE GANACHE CAKE - ART AND THE KITCHEN
12 BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE RECIPES - LEITE'S CULINARIA
VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE WITH CINNAMON FLAVOUR - OMC - OTTAWA …
CHOCOLATE VALENTINE'S DAY CAKE FOR TWO - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
VALENTINE'S CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
36+ VALENTINE'S DAY DESSERT RECIPES - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CAKE FOR VALENTINES DESSERT - PRETTY DIY HOME
BEST VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATE CAKE - RENEE ROMEO
20 IDEAS FOR VALENTINES DAY COOKIE CAKES - BEST RECIPES IDEAS AND ...
VALENTINE'S DAY CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE - BUTTERNUT BAKERY
You'll also love