HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM
We don't want to brag, but as far as vanilla ice cream recipes go, this one is the best. And with only four ingredients, it just might be the easiest, too. No ice cream maker? No problem. Just follow the directions below to learn how to make homemade ice cream by hand. It's the perfect base for our best ice cream sundae ideas, too. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-1/4 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine all ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar completely. Fill cylinder of ice cream maker no more than two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. (Refrigerate any remaining mixture until ready to freeze.) Serve immediately or store in covered containers in freezer.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 308 calories, Fat 22g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 37mg sodium, Carbohydrate 23g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
VANILLA ICE CREAM
- Put a large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill. In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the half-and-half, cream and vanilla bean to a simmer, stirring occasionally to make sure the mixture doesn't burn or stick to the bottom of the pan. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. When the cream mixture reaches a fast simmer turn it off, do not let it boil! In a thin stream, whisk half of it into the egg yolk mixture. Then pour the egg-cream mixture into the saucepan containing the rest of the cream mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. At 160 degrees, the mixture will give off a puff of steam. When the mixture reaches 180 degrees, it will be thickened and creamy, like eggnog. If you don't have a thermometer, test it by dipping a wooden spoon into the mixture. Run your finger down the back of the spoon. If the stripe remains clear, the mixture is ready, if the edges blur, it is not quite thick enough yet. When it is ready, quickly remove from the heat. Meanwhile, remove the bowl from the freezer, put 4 handfuls of ice cubes in the bottom, and add cold water to cover. Rest a smaller bowl in the ice water.
- Strain the cream mixture through a fine sieve to remove the vanilla bean pieces, into a smaller bowl. Chill 3 hours, then freeze according to the directions for your ice cream maker.
OLD-FASHIONED VANILLA ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Transfer to an ice-cream maker, and freeze following manufacturer's instructions. Store in an airtight container.
CREAMY VANILLA ICE CREAM
A traditional cooked custard base is the key to this creamy ice cream with rich vanilla flavor. "It is a family favorite that has been handed down and enjoyed for generations," writes Mary Thompson of Minneapolis, Minnesota. "Whenever we serve it, we get lots of requests for the recipe."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 1-1/2 quarts.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; cool quickly by setting pan in ice and stirring the mixture. , Cover and refrigerate overnight or freeze immediately. When ready to freeze, pour custard and vanilla into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303 calories, Fat 23g fat (14g saturated fat), Cholesterol 123mg cholesterol, Sodium 99mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
EASY HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM
- In large bowl, combine ingredients; mix well. Pour into ice cream freezer container. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Freeze leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.2 g, Cholesterol 41.5 mg, Fat 12.8 g, Protein 3.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.1 g, Sodium 79.9 mg, Sugar 10.9 g
ULTIMATE VANILLA ICE CREAM
Is Angela Nilsen's vanilla ice cream the smoothest, creamiest homemade ice cream in history?
Provided by Angela Nilsen
Categories Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Treat
Yield 8 big scoops
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Put the canister from the machine into the freezer a day before you want to make the ice cream. Next day, pour the cream and milk into a medium heavy-based pan, then tip in half the sugar. Slit the vanilla pod down its length with a small sharp knife and scoop out as many of the tiny black seeds as you can into the cream mixture. Cut the pod into three and drop it into the pan.
- Heat the cream and milk over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until it almost boils - you'll see a few bubbles at the edge. Take off the heat and set aside for 30 minutes so the vanilla can infuse.
- Put the egg yolks into a bowl with the rest of the sugar and beat with an electric hand beater for about 2 minutes until the mixture has thickened, is paler in colour and falls in thick ribbons when you lift the beaters. Using a measuring jug, scoop out about 125ml/4fl oz of the cream mixture and beat into the egg yolks to slacken them. Reheat the cream until it just comes to the boil, take off the heat and stir in the egg yolk mixture.
- Return the pan to a low heat and cook, stirring all the time with a wooden spoon, for 8-10 minutes, until the custard is thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Watch that it doesn't boil - as soon as you see any bubbles about to burst to the surface, it should be thick enough, so take the pan off the heat so the mixture doesn't curdle.
- Pour the custard into a heatproof bowl, then sit it in a bigger bowl one third full of iced water to cool (this takes about 20 minutes). Stir occasionally to stop a skin forming. Put the bowl of custard in the fridge for 3-4 hours, preferably overnight, so it gets really cold.
- Get the ice cream machine running, scoop out the vanilla pod pieces, then slowly pour in the cold custard. Leave it to churn for 10-30 minutes (depending on your machine). When it stops, it is probably too soft to eat, so spoon into a plastic container, cover with cling film, then a lid, and freeze for a minimum of 3 hours. (It will keep in the freezer for 3 months but don't take it out, then refreeze.) Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- To make it by hand: in step 1, heat the milk, vanilla, and half the sugar without the cream (the custard will be slightly thicker). At the start of step 6, whip the cream so it's light and floppy, not too stiff, and fold it into the cold custard. Freeze for 3-4 hours, stirring once an hour until almost frozen, then freeze as above.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 21 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 18 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 15 grams sugar, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA ICE CREAM
Vanilla is the king of ice cream flavors. This version without eggs ('American' or 'Philadelphia-style') has a brighter, more pronounced vanilla flavor.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Stir sugar, cream, and milk into a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Heat just until mix is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge.
- Transfer cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in vanilla extract and chill mix thoroughly, at least 2 hours. (Overnight is best.)
- Pour cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker, turn on the machine, and churn according to manufacturer's directions, 20 to 25 minutes.
- When ice cream is softly frozen, serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the ice cream and place in freezer to ripen, 2 to 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 425.3 calories, Carbohydrate 45.8 g, Cholesterol 92.5 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Protein 5.8 g, SaturatedFat 15.4 g, Sodium 79.1 mg, Sugar 44.2 g
"SERIOUS" VANILLA ICE CREAM
- Combine all ingredients (including the bean and its pulp) in a large saucepan and place over medium heat. Attach a frying or candy thermometer to inside of pan. (see note below) Stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to 170 degrees F. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Remove the hull of the vanilla bean, pour mixture into lidded container and refrigerate mixture overnight to mellow flavors and texture.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream freezer according to units instructions. The mixture will not freeze hard in the machine. Once the volume has increased by 1/2 to 3/4 times, and reached a soft serve consistency, spoon the mixture back into a lidded container and harden in the freezer at least 1 hour before serving.
GELATO-STYLE VANILLA ICE CREAM
Gelato is denser than ice cream - it has less air whipped into it - and it's made with more milk than cream. The addition of cornstarch (which is common in Sicilian gelato) gives it a smooth texture and prevents large ice crystals from forming.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 1 quart of gelato-style ice cream
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine 1/2 cup milk and the cornstarch in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Combine the remaining 2 cups milk, the heavy cream, sugar and salt in a medium high-sided saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar, until steaming, 3 to 5 minutes. Slowly pour the hot milk mixture into the cornstarch mixture, whisking constantly, then pour the mixture back into the saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil, about 5 minutes (it will foam up a bit). Boil, stirring constantly, about 30 seconds, then remove from the heat.
- Pour the mixture into a medium heatproof bowl. Stir in the vanilla. Let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until the mixture stops steaming, 45 minutes to 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate until cold, 2 to 3 hours.
- Stir the mixture, then strain it if it looks lumpy. Transfer to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's directions until the consistency of soft serve. Transfer to a freezer-safe container, cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
VANILLA ICE CREAM
- Heat the cream, sugar, vanilla, and vanilla seeds in a small saucepan only until the sugar is dissolved. Be sure the sugar is dissolved - you will no longer feel any grittiness from the sugar if you rub some cream between your fingers. Strain into a bowl, cover, and chill very well. Freeze the mixture in an ice cream freezer according to the manufacturer's directions. Spoon into a freezer container and allow to chill in the freezer for a few hours. Allow to soften before serving.
VANILLA ICE CREAM
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and the half and half. Gradually whisk in the sugar until blended.
- Whisk in the vanilla. Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
- Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker. Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Eat at once or transfer to a covered container and freeze up to 8 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361.2 calories, Carbohydrate 23.2 g, Cholesterol 103.9 mg, Fat 29 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 18 g, Sodium 47.6 mg, Sugar 19.1 g
CREAMY DREAMY VANILLA ICE CREAM
- Whisk the half-and-half, condensed milk, sugar, vanilla seeds and salt together until sugar is dissolved. Churn the mixture in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer's instructions. (Take care not to over-churn the ice cream or it can have a grainy texture.)
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 1 hour, before serving.
More about "vanilla ice cream x recipes"
HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM | RICARDO
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE
22 DELICIOUS WAYS TO USE VANILLA ICE CREAM - TASTE OF HOME
18 FUN WAYS TO USE A TUB OF STORE-BOUGHT VANILLA ICE …
CLASSIC VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE VANILLA …
HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE (THE BEST!)
OLD FASHIONED HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE
VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM RECIPE - THEBRILLIANTKITCHEN.COM
VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPES - GOODNESSVANILLA
VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE AND TUTORIAL - WINDY CITY BAKER
SERIOUS VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE | ALTON BROWN
NINJA CREAMI VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE - HEALTHY MEALS FAST
DELICIOUS HOMEMADE ICE CREAM MADE WITH 3 INGREDIENTS AND A …
VITAMIX ICE CREAM: 4 RECIPES & BEST PRACTICES - KITCHEN HABIT
THE SECRET TO A PERFECT VITAMIX VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE
GRILLED PEACHES AND ICE CREAM RECIPE | FINE DINING LOVERS
HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM (VIDEO) - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
FASTEST VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE FOR ICE CREAM MAKER
HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM (FROZEN CUSTARD) - THE RECIPE REBEL
VANILLA CHERRY ICE CREAM - FRAICHE LIVING
EASY TO MAKE CLASSIC VANILLA ICE CREAM - LITTLE FIGGY FOOD
VANILLA ICE CREAM MADE WITH BAKING SUGAR ALTERNATIVE
VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
CLASSIC VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE - WHITE MOUNTAIN
ROASTED STRAWBERRY-VANILLA ICE CREAM | FOOD & WINE
VANILLA ICE CREAM BASE RECIPE FOR HOME ICE CREAM MAKERS
NOSTALGIA ICE CREAM MAKER RECIPES - THE BRILLIANT KITCHEN
6 OF THE MOST AMAZING VITA-MIX VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPES
RECIPE FOR CHERRY VANILLA ICE CREAM
HOW TO MAKE VANILLA CUSTARD ICE CREAM (WITH VIDEO) I TASTE OF …
2 QUART VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
BEST HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
VANILLA ICE CREAM - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
CLASSIC HOMEMADE VANILLA ICE CREAM - TASTE AND TELL
VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make ice cream with vanilla extract?Stir milk, cream, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved. Heat just until the mixture is hot and a small ring of foam appears around the edge. Transfer cream mixture to a pourable container such as a large measuring cup. Stir in vanilla extract and chill mix thoroughly, at least 2 hours. (Overnight is best.)
How to make vanilla custard ice cream?The first step in making two quarts of vanilla custard ice cream is heating 2 1/2 cups of half and half. Only heat until there are bubbles around the edge of the pan. Remove from the stovetop and set aside. Continue to 3 of 10 below. Mix egg yolks and sugar. Leah Maroney
How do you churn Vanilla Ice Cream?Instructions Pour 1 cup of the cream into a saucepan and add the sugar, salt. Scrape the seeds of the vanilla bean into the pot and then add the vanilla pod to the pot. When ready to churn, remove the vanilla pod, whisk mixture again and pour into ice cream maker. Churn according to the manufacturer's instructions.
How to make homemade ice cream?This homemade ice cream is easy to make with just 4 ingredients: pure vanilla extract, milk, heavy whipping cream, and sugar. This American or Philadelphia-style ice cream makes for a brighter, more pronounced vanilla flavor. Stir milk, cream, and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until sugar has dissolved.