VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS
- Boil lentils in the water with the salt for around 45 minutes. Lentils will be soft and most of the water will be gone.
- Fry the onions and carrot in the oil until soft, it will take about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mix the cooked ingredients with the pepper, soy sauce, oats and bread cumbs.
- While still warm form the mixture into patties, it will make 8-10 burgers.
- Burgers can then be shallow fried for 1-2 minutes on each side or baked at 200C for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176.4, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.5, Sodium 354.9, Carbohydrate 28.5, Fiber 9, Sugar 1.9, Protein 9
VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS
These burgers are packed with flavor, fiber and protein while still being low in fat. We love them grilled, but you can also pan-fry them: Heat 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and fry patties until well browned, about 2 minutes per side. (Remember: The extra oil will alter the calorie and fat totals.)
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Bring the lentils and 1 3/4 cup of the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, partially cover and simmer until the lentils are fully softened and the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon broth and mash well with a potato masher. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring, until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the spinach, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper and cumin and stir until the spinach is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach mixture, breadcrumbs, walnuts and 3/4 teaspoon salt to the lentils and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Form the mixture into six 4-inch patties and spray with cooking spray on each side. Grill until nice grill marks form, about 3 minutes per side. Place the patties in the buns with the sliced onion and other toppings, as desired, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 560 calorie, Fat 14 grams, SaturatedFat 1.5 grams, Sodium 900 milligrams, Carbohydrate 90 grams, Fiber 21 grams, Protein 21 grams, Sugar 10 grams
People also searched
More about "vegan lentil burgers recipes"
VEGAN LENTIL-MUSHROOM BURGERS RECIPE - PUREWOW
3/5 (266)Total Time 1 hrServings 4Calories 371 per serving
- Place the lentils in a saucepan of cold water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a low simmer, skimming off any foam from the top, and cook until just soft, 15 minutes. Drain and rinse, then leave to cool.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large, nonstick skillet. Cook the onion over medium heat until softened but not brown, about 5 minutes. Add the remaining oil and the portobello mushrooms, and cook until they break down and no moisture is left in the pan, 15 to 20 minutes. Add the garlic, parsley and thyme, and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the balsamic vinegar and then remove from the heat.
- Put the mushroom mixture, cooled lentils, bread crumbs and nutritional yeast in the bowl of a food processor and season well with salt and pepper. Pulse carefully until it is just mixed and still has some texture.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Shape the cooled mixture into 4 patties of equal size and then chill, covered, for 30 minutes so they firm up.
VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory VeganCalories 496 per serving See details »
THE BEST VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS - MAKE IT DAIRY FREE
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 11 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 382 per serving
- While that is cooking, In a small bowl, add the flax seeds and water and gently combine. Let sit for 10 minutes. This makes a flax egg.
23 MOUTH-WATERING VEGAN BURGER RECIPES | VEGAN FOOD & LIVING
Estimated Reading Time 6 minsPublished 2018-09-24
- BBQ Pulled Mushroom Burger. Missing the delights of a pulled pork burger? Pulling and shredding mushrooms gives them a stringy, meaty texture similar to pulled pork while the blend of spices gives them a delicious smokey flavour.
- Sweet Potato Burgers. This flavourful vegan sweet potato burger recipe is packed with delicious spices and is ready to eat in just 30 minutes! Topped with avocado, vegan mayo, red onion, and spicy Kimchi, they are the perfect combination of savoury and spicy.
- Cheese-Stuffed Big Daddy Burger. Bite into this epic burger and you’ll discover a delicious surprise inside – a soft centre filled with melty vegan cheese!
- Vegan Big Mac Recipe. Enjoy the world’s most infamous burger vegan-style! With gherkins, special sauce and meat-free patties, it tastes just like the original.
- Mexican Green Chili Veggie Burgers. You can control the heat of this seriously hearty burger by choosing mild or hot green chili peppers. The recipe is simple and doesn’t take too long, so you’ll be able to enjoy it in no time.
- Za’atar Chickpea Burgers with Heirloom Tomato & Apricot Chutney. Za’atar is a middle-eastern seasoning made up of various herbs and spices. It adds a real kick to these brilliant burgers, as does the tomato and apricot chutney.
- Vegan In & Out Burgers. Fast-food favourites In & Out get a vegan makeover with this delicious vegan recipe from superstar chef Gaz Oakley!
- Moroccan Yam Veggie Burgers with Cilantro Lime Tahini Sauce. The fresh, tangy cilantro-lime tahini sauce is the finishing touch to an all-around winner of a burger.
- Black Lentil, Pistachio and Shiitake Mushroom Burger. Inspired by a bad burger experience to create something a hundred times better, the writer of this recipe has made a vegan burger that can be made with common pantry options and tastes incredible.
- Vegan Chana Masala Veggie Burger with Mint Chutney Mayo. These heavy burger patties may be filling, but you’ll enjoy every bite! The chana masala spices and chickpea texture make them different and exciting, and they’re substantial enough not to fall apart on the grill!
CLASSIC LENTIL BURGERS - MAKING THYME FOR HEALTH
5/5 (54)Calories 245 per servingCategory Dinner, Main Course
- Using a food processor, finely chop the onion, carrots, garlic, walnuts and sunflower seeds then transfer to a large bowl. I process each ingredient individually to achieve the best texture.
- Next add half of the cooked lentils to the food processor and pulse until they appear slightly mashed, then transfer them to the bowl along with the remaining lentils.
- Once you have all of the vegetables, lentils, nuts and seeds in the bowl, add the breadcrumbs, herbs, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the beaten egg with the tomato paste and the Worcestershire. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl with vegetables and lentils and stir everything together. Sprinkle in the flour a little at a time as you continue to stir. If the mixture seems too wet, add more flour as needed. If you have time, refrigerating the mixture for about 30 minutes also helps dry out some of the moisture.
VEGAN LENTIL PIZZA BURGERS - BLISSFUL BASIL
5/5 (2)Category Bigger Bites, SandwichesCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
- In a medium sauce pan, combine the lentils, sunflower seeds, and water over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but not mushy. Strain off any excess water but do not rinse. Transfer to a large, heat-safe mixing bowl, and use the back of a fork to coarsely mash about a third of the lentils. You still want them to have quite a bit of texture.
- While the lentils and sunflower seeds cook, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes or until translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the crushed tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic, oregano, basil, and red pepper flakes (if using). Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until most of the liquid has cooked off and out of the mixture, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
COMPLETELY VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS - BEAUTIFUL EATS & THINGS
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Pulse lentils in a food processor or blender. It’s okay if lentils are not completely blended; you want the mixture to be slightly course. Empty lentils into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, on medium heat, add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil, garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Sautee until garlic is fragrant. Remove from heat and add to food processor or blender. Also add 1 hamburger bun, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Blend until slightly smooth. Mixture may not blend completely, but that’s okay. Do not add any additional liquid; this will make burgers fall apart during the cooking process.
- Add mushroom mixture to lentils and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. Add garlic powder and season with salt/pepper to taste. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a medium skillet on medium heat, and add 1 tbsp of vegetable oil. Place patties in skillet and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side; until patties are brown.
VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS (GLUTEN-FREE & OIL-FREE) | EARTH OF MARIA
5/5 (2)Total Time 45 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 315 per serving
- First, preheat the oven t0 180 degrees C/350 F. Meanwhile, cook the lentils according to packaging instructions until softened, but not mushy - this usually takes around 7-8 minutes. Drain and rinse when done.
- Transfer the walnut and lentil mixture to a large mixing bowl together with the oat flour, carrot, mustard, paprika, cumin, dried basil and tamari. Stir together really well, using your hands if necessary to form a 'dough'.
- Using around 1/3-1/2 cup dough per burger, shape the dough into patties and lay them out on a sheet of baking paper over a baking tray.
ULTIMATE MEATBALL BURGER (VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS) - CADRY'S ...
Ratings 2Servings 4Cuisine VeganCategory Sandwich
- Sauté the mushrooms, kale and garlic with broth or oil over medium heat until the mushrooms are soft and the liquid has evaporated, about 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Put the tomato paste, broth, thyme, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, maple syrup, crushed red pepper and black pepper in a bowl and mix well.
VEGAN CHICKPEA PATTIES WITH LENTILS | BEST VEGGIE BURGERS
Reviews 1Category RecipesServings 6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Add garbanzo beans, garlic, mushrooms, and olive oil to food processor and process 30 seconds until somewhat uniform. Remove mixture and put in a large bowl.
- Add cooked and drained lentils and all other ingredients to the bowl. Mix and mash until contents are evenly spread out.
LENTIL BURGER RECIPE - SUPER EASY VEGAN BURGER | SOY-FREE ...
5/5 (3)Category LunchServings 8Total Time 1 hr 5 mins
- Boil lentils, according to packet instructions, until tender but not mushy. Drain water if there is any left in the pot.
- In another pot, put potatoes to boil covered in water. When soft with a fork test, turn off heat and allow to cool. Then peel and mash the potatoes.
- Squeeze out the juice from the shredded courgette. (You can drink this juice if you want or mix it in your smoothies. But in any case don't throw it away, it's very nutritious). We are squeezing out the liquid here so that the burgers don't break with the juice coming out of the veggies while they are cooking.
VEGAN LENTIL MUSHROOM BURGERS | OH MY VEGGIES
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 4 mins
- Combine lentils, bay leaf, and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. (Yes, the lentils will be undercooked—don't cook them for the time indicated on the package!) Remove from heat, drain, and cool slightly. Discard bay leaf.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds), stirring constantly. Stir in mushroom-lentil mixture. Cook for about 4 minutes or until browned, stirring constantly.
- Add red wine to skillet and cook until evaporated. Stir in broth, soy sauce, oats, and Italian seasoning. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and allow to cool slightly.
VEGAN LENTIL BURGER - CONTENTEDNESS COOKING
4.7/5 (53)Total Time 25 minsCategory Lunch, DinnerCalories 596 per serving
- Combine the yellow mustard and the maple syrup in a small bowl. Add a pinch of curry if you like and whisk together.
- If you use uncooked lentils, cook them according to the manufacturer's instructions. Else rinse the canned lentils. Transfer to a blender.
- In a separate bowl, combine the lentil mixture with bread crumbs. Let sit for 5-10 minutes so that the bread crumbs can absorb excess moisture.
PERFECT LENTIL VEGGIE BURGER RECIPE - THE LIVE-IN KITCHEN
Ratings 19Calories 204 per servingCategory Sandwich
- Combine lentils, water, and bay leaf in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes. Add more water as needed to keep the lentils just barely covered. The lentils are done when they are tender. Drain any excess water and season with salt.
- In a food processor, process walnuts and sunflower seeds until finely chopped. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In the same food processor, process the carrots until finely chopped. Add the carrots to the walnut mixture and do the same with the onion.
- With a wooden spoon or spatula, mix together walnuts, sunflower seeds, carrot, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cooked lentils.
EASY VEGAN LENTIL BURGER RECIPE | GIRL HEART FOOD®
Ratings 13Estimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory Lunch, Main CourseTotal Time 41 mins
- Stir in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms have released some of their moisture.
VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS WITH AVOCADO SAUCE - VEGAN BLUEBERRY
5/5 (5)Total Time 18 minsCategory Appetizer, Main CourseCalories 381 per serving
- In a small food processor, combine the cooked lentils, oats, lime juice, sriracha, salt, garlic powder, and paprika. Pulse several times to combine, stopping to scrape down the mixture, if needed.
- In a small food processor, combine all the ingredients for the avocado sauce and process until smooth - or leave it a little chunky if you prefer some texture! Serve the lentil burgers with avocado sauce.
LENTIL BURGER RECIPE (VEGAN) — VEGGIELATION
Fiber 8g 29%Total Carbohydrates 27g 11%Saturated Fat 0.18g 1%Total Fat 1g 2% See details »
EVEN DIE-HARD MEAT LOVERS WILL CRAVE THESE VEGAN LENTIL ...
Cuisine VeganTotal Time 47 minsCategory Main Course See details »
10 LENTIL BURGER RECIPES FOR MEATLESS MEALS | ALLRECIPES
Author Hayley Sugg See details »
10 VEGAN BURGER RECIPES | EATINGWELL
Author Eatingwell See details »
VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS WITH THE WORKS BY CHEF MICHAEL SMITH ...
Servings 6Total Time 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
VEGAN LENTIL BURGERS - NAMELY MARLY - EASY VEGAN RECIPES
4.6/5 (11)Total Time 50 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 185 per serving See details »
10 HOT VEGAN BURGERS FOR LABOR DAY - ONE GREEN PLANET
See details »
EASY 6-INGREDIENT LENTIL BURGERS | COOKING FOR PEANUTS
See details »
EASIEST LENTIL BURGERS RECIPE - LITTLE TASTE OF BEAUTY
See details »
15 BEST HOMEMADE VEGAN BURGER RECIPES | AGLOW LIFESTYLE
See details »
You'll also love