We had clam fritters every time we went to Rhode Island. I looked for a recipe and finally found this one. Now we have them whenever we want.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14-16 fritters.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and pepper; set aside. Drain clams, reserving 2 tablespoons juice; set clams aside. In a small bowl, beat the egg, milk and reserved clam juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Add the clams and onion. , In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve fritters with tartar sauce and/or lemon wedges if desired.
Nutrition Facts :
My stepmother got this recipe from an 80-year-old woman back in the 1940's.
Provided by Christine Johnson
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Seafood
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Beat the egg and gradually beat in the flour. Slowly stir in the milk, clams, salt, pepper and onion. If desired, stir in the green pepper. With hands shape mixture into 2 inch diameter patties.
- In a medium skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Fry the patties in the hot oil until golden brown. Place cooked fritters on paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 346 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 53.4 mg, Fat 29.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 183.5 mg, Sugar 2.1 g
CLAM FRITTER SNACKS
These are the easiest clam snacks, excellent if you love seafood!!
Provided by sal
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Snacks Kids Quick and Easy
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Drain the clams. In a medium bowl, beat 1 egg and stir in the cup of baking mix and clams.
- In a medium skillet, heat the oil and fry the clams in pieces until golden brown. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.1 calories, Carbohydrate 22.2 g, Cholesterol 93.4 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 21.6 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 473.8 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
We dig up our own quahogs at a local beach - Ferry Beach, Maine - my son-in-law brings in just-caught lobsters from his boat-we pick up fresh corn at a farmers market -scrub a few potatoes and we're on our way to a good fish fry!
Provided by Julie Bs Hive
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 5-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Drain clams, reserving the juice. Coarsely chop clams (I run them through the grinder).
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Stir into chopped clams with combined clam juice and eggs.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls into a little hot fat or salad oil in skillet (I use a deep-fat fryer) and fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230.6, Fat 3.2, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 115.5, Sodium 661, Carbohydrate 31, Fiber 1, Sugar 1, Protein 17.7
BRISSIN CLAM FRITTERS
Provided by Guy Fieri
Yield 10 to 15 fritters
Number Of Ingredients 35
- For the clams: In a large pot over high heat, add the oil and when hot, add the thyme, jalapeno, garlic, and lemon. Cook for 1 minute, and then add the white wine, red chile flakes, and butter. Bring this mixture to a boil and then add the clams. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low and steam for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the clams and strain over a bowl, reserving the cooking liquid. When clams are cool enough to handle, remove from their shells and chop.
- Guy's tip: If using canned baby clams, build the clam liquid the same as above and then add the baby clams and 1/3 cup of the can liquid into the broth, turn off heat and let sit 15 minutes. No need to chop these!
- For the fritter batter: In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the butter and, when melted, add the red bell pepper, onions, and jalapenos. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes, and then add the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the parsley and cook for 1 minute more. Remove to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, cornmeal, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, and baking powder. Mix well. Make a well in the center and add the beer and the egg yolks, and fold together with a rubber spatula until well combined. Add in the cooled vegetable mixture, the chopped clams, and 1/2 cup to 1 cup of the reserved, strained cooking broth. You are looking for the consistency of pancake batter.
- In a large skillet over high heat, add the canola oil and when hot (200 degrees F) add the fritter batter in 1/3 cup amounts, careful not to crowd. Be cautious, these pop sometimes, splattering hot oil. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, gently turn over and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, sprinkle with reserved salt and repeat. Can be held warm in a 275 degrees F oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, the remaining 1 tablespoon minced parsley, and the Fritter Dipper Sauce.
- In the small bowl of a food processor fitted with the bottom blade, add the egg yolk, vinegar, horseradish, and salt and pulse to combine. With the motor running, very slowly add in the olive oil in a fine stream.
- Once mayonnaise is created, add the remaining ingredients, and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Guy's Tip: If you have time, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes allow flavors to marry.
- In a mixing bowl combine the crumbs, clams and pimiento. Season with some salt and pepper. Stir the yolks into the batter and moisten with enough milk to make a heavy batter.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and fold them into the mixture. Drop the batter by spoonfuls onto a non-stick skillet and cook until browned on both sides. Serve over an arugula or sliced tomato salad.
This is a recipe for classic New England clam fritters prepared as conch fritters are in the Bahamas, with a low zip of jalapeno heat and a high one of lime juice. I serve them with my version of the ubiquitous mayo-ketchup sauce of the Lucayan archipelago. These fritters are terrific when prepared with freshly shucked clams, but if you don't want to open clams by hand, they are still excellent with lightly steamed ones. A deep cast-iron skillet placed over a gas grill allows you to fry the fritters outdoors if you like, reducing kitchen mess. Or if you don't wish to fry, you can treat the batter as if it were for pancakes. The flavor abides, if not the full crispiness.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Categories finger foods, appetizer
Yield 6 to 8 servings as an appetizer
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Either open the clams by hand, reserving both the juice within them and the clams, or steam the clams until they just open, reserving both the broth and the clams. Put the clams on a cutting board, and chop them coarsely.
- Put the flour in a mixing bowl, and add to it the egg yolks, onion, red pepper, celery, garlic, jalapeño and clams, then mix to combine. Add the clam broth to the mixture, and stir until it is a thick batter running almost to loose.
- Make the sauce. Whisk together the ketchup, mayonnaise, hot sauce and lime juice in a medium-size bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add more mayonnaise, hot sauce or lime juice if desired.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then whisk the baking powder into the clam batter, and carefully fold the egg whites into it afterward.
- Heat enough oil to come up an inch or so on the sides of a large, deep frying pan until it is quite hot, approximately 350 degrees. Drop the batter by the tablespoon into the hot oil, making sure not to crowd the pan, and cook, turning once or twice, until the fritters are golden brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, and place on a warmed platter. Serve with the sauce on the side, with the scallions and wedges of lime.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 740, UnsaturatedFat 66 grams, Carbohydrate 9 grams, Fat 74 grams, Fiber 1 gram, Protein 13 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 679 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams, TransFat 0 grams
PROVINCETOWN CLAM FRITTERS
A savory taste treat from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
Provided by Molly53
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat your oil or fat to 360°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine dry ingredients, milk and clam juice into a batter that is smooth and free from lumps.
- Fold in clams, mixing thoroughly.
- Drop from a spoon into hot fat and fry for about a minute or until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
More about "clam fritter snacks recipes"
10 BEST CLAM FRITTERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BONACKER-STYLE CLAM FRITTERS - SAVEUR
CLAM CAKES - CHEATER CHEF - RB AND MINDY
CLAM FRITTER RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
AIR FRYER CLAM FRITTERS - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
EASY RESTAURANT-STYLE CLAM FRITTERS - WILDFLOUR'S COTTAGE KITCHEN
RECIPE FOR OCEAN CREST RESORT’S CLAM FRITTERS WITH RAZOR CLAMS. — …
CLAM FRITTER SNACKS | RECIPESTY
CAJUN CLAM FRITTERS | EAT! GLUTEN-FREE
CLAM FRITTER SNACKS - YUM TASTE
MAGICAL WESTPORT CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE & CLAM CLEANING …
CLAM FRITTER SNACKS - PLAIN.RECIPES
10 BEST CLAM FRITTERS RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE | FISHEX SEAFOODS
EASY CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE - CLAM CAKES - CLAM RECIPES
CLAM FRITTERS - RANTS FROM MY CRAZY KITCHEN
CLAM FRITTERS - PESCATARIAN RECIPES
BAKED CLAM & CORN CAKES: A HEALTHIER FRITTER - SAVOR THE THYME
10 BEST CLAM APPETIZER RECIPES | YUMMLY
CLAM FRITTERS - DISHES & DUST BUNNIES
FOOD PLAYLIST | CLAM FRITTER SNACKS
CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLAM FRITTERS BISQUICK RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | FRITTER RECIPES, CLAM ...
CLAM CHOWDER FRITTERS | SOUTHERN LIVING
WORLD BEST VEGETABLE RECIPES: CLAM FRITTER SNACKS
SO MANY CLAMS... - CHERYL WIXSON'S KITCHEN - MAINE FOOD ON …
WESTPORT CLAM FRITTERS - HOMEMADE FOOD JUNKIE | CLAM RECIPES, FRITTER …
BRISSIN CLAM FRITTERS | RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK RECIPES, FRITTERS, CLAM ...
CAJUN CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE FROM CROWN PRINCE
EASY CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE - HOMEMADE WITH FRESH CLAMS
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE | RECIPE | CLAM RECIPES, CLAM FRITTERS RECIPE ...
NEW ENGLAND CLAM FRITTERS - MY DELICIOUS BLOG
CLAM FRITTERS | RECIPE | CLAM RECIPES, FRITTER RECIPES, RECIPES
CLAM CAKES RECIPE - RHODE ISLAND CLAM FRITTERS | HANK SHAW
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love