EASY TOFU VEGAN SPINACH & MUSHROOM QUICHE
- Make the pie crust. Click here to get the recipe. see note
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176˚C)
- For the Filling
- Heat the 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot add the onion and mushrooms, cook until the mushrooms are nicely browned, approximately 7 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, 1 tsp of Italian seasoning, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for approximately 1 to 2 minutes, or until the spinach is just wilted.
- Place the 14 oz of tofu, the flax egg, and the remaining 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning, and salt to taste in the blender or food processor and process until it's smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl combine the tofu mixture, 3 cups of vegan cheese, and the mushrooms and onions and stir to combine.
- Roll out the dough until it's approximately 1/8"thick and place in a pie plate. Trim the edges and pinch the dough around the top of the plate.
- Pour the filling into the plate and bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil or a pie crust protector if it begins to burn. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 150 g, Calories 217 kcal, Carbohydrate 18 g, Protein 6 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 347 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 1 g
VEGAN SPINACH-MUSHROOM QUICHE
My friends and family are always getting on me to publish my recipes; I don't really use them, nor do I regularly remember even what I put into my dishes. I took this dish to a vegan potluck last night, and it disappeared in seconds. This morning I was awoken at gun point (exaggerated for dramatic effect) to post this recipe.... So, I thought it wise of me to comply. This recipe takes me about an hour of prep time, and about an hour to cook. There are shortcuts one may take to cut down on the prep time, but the first time, I suggest leaving ample time to prepare. I have used a variety of nuts for this recipe, all working out well (this last time I ran out of sesame seeds, so I used 2 tbsp of my tamari roasted pumpkin seeds, and 1 tbsp of raw pecans). I also like to make my dishes gluten free for potlucks, so I used ½ cup of blue corn meal, and ½ garbanzo flour in place of the whole wheat pastry flour, the taste was amazing, but a little more crumbly then whole wheat pastry flower. Finally, I really recommend using sesame oil, but realizing it is expensive, olive oil will work.
Provided by Starvin Vegan
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 Quiche, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 24
- Preheat the over to 350°F.
- To make the crust, spread the oats and sesame seeds/nuts of your choice on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for ~10 minutes.
- Transfer the toasted oats and sesame seeds to the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade (I use my blender, but it is boss). Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper, and process until the oats are finely ground.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy milk and oil. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Lightly brush a 9-inch or 10-inch pie with oil. Put the dough into pan, place a piece of plastic wrap on the dough and press down evenly, making sure to fill in the fluted sides of the pan. Trim the tart of any excess dough and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, in a wide saute pan over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the onion and mushroom, raise the heat to high, and saute for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring and shaking, and depending on how much of the left over wine you have chosen to drink, flipping the pan until the vegetables are caramelized. Add the wine and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and continue to cook until relatively dry (excess moisture gone). Using a rubber spatula, scrape the vegetables into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the remaining 5 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic, basil, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Simmer gently for 3 to 4 minutes or until the garlic is golden. Do not let the garlic brown or it will become bitter (I mean that, I will find you)! With a rubber spatula, scrape the garlic oil into the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Crumble the tofu into the bowl of the food processor. Add the lemon juice, vinegar, turmeric, and remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and puree until smooth. With a rubber spatula, scrape the puree into the mushroom-onion mixture.
- Remove and discard the tough stems of the spinach (not completely necessary but a fancy touch none the less). Wash the leaves in a large bowl with several changes of cold water. Transfer the spinach to a pot and cook covered, over high heat for several minutes, just until wilted. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water to arrest the cooking. Drain well and squeeze dry. Transfer the spinach to a cutting board and chop fine (this is important, going for flakes here, not stands). Add the spinach to the rest of the filling and stir well to combine.
- Fill the tart shell with the tofu and vegetable mixture and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Dust with Paprika and some vegan cheese if you would like. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until firm.
- Let the tart cool for 8 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 746.1, Fat 52.8, SaturatedFat 7.8, Sodium 1557, Carbohydrate 50.6, Fiber 13.3, Sugar 5.5, Protein 25.4
VEGAN SPINACH & CHERRY TOMATO QUICHE
Enjoy this versatile vegan tart with spinach and tomato. You could use almost any vegetable - try roasted sweet potatoes or caramelised onions or leeks
Provided by Katy Gilhooly
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. To make the pastry, mix the flour and mustard powder with a generous pinch of salt in a large bowl. Drizzle in the olive oil, stirring continuously until evenly dispersed through the flour mixture. Slowly stir in 6-8 tbsp water to bring the pastry together.
- Roll the pastry out between two sheets of baking parchment into a 3mm-thick circle and use it to line a 22cm tart tin. Chill for 20 mins. Line the pastry case with baking parchment and fill with baking beans. Bake for 15 mins. Remove the parchment and beans and bake for another 10 mins until the pastry is golden and dry.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. For the filling, tip the tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric, white pepper, onion granules, cornflour and 1 tsp salt into a food processor. Blitz together briefly, then, with the motor running, slowly add the milk until you have a smooth, thick filling (this may take a few minutes). If the food processor starts to strain, add an extra 1 tbsp milk. Scrape the filling into a large bowl and stir in the shredded basil leaves. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook the spinach, cherry tomatoes and thyme for 2-3 mins until the spinach has just wilted. Stir most of the tomatoes and spinach into the filling mixture, reserving a few tomatoes for the top of the quiche. Spoon the filling into the pastry case and smooth the surface with the back of the spoon. Press the reserved tomatoes into the top and bake for 30 mins until the quiche is golden and just set in the middle. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then scatter over a few extra basil leaves, slice and serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357 calories, Fat 17 grams fat, SaturatedFat 2 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 32 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 7 grams fiber, Protein 15 grams protein, Sodium 0.35 milligram of sodium
TRANSFORMED SPINACH MUSHROOM QUICHE
This moist vegetarian quiche is perfect for every meal. The quiche was originally a quiche Lorraine, but has since been transformed. Feel free to add sausage if you choose. I usually make 2 large pies or several small ones all at one time, freezing whatever is left over.
Provided by EMBRYOCONCEPTS
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Fit pie crust into a 9-inch pie dish.
- Whisk eggs, milk, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Gently combine spinach, mushrooms, onion, and feta cheese in a separate bowl. Spread spinach-mushroom mixture in the prepared pie dish; top with half the Swiss cheese.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over the filling, swirling egg mixture in bowl to spread seasonings through the eggs; top the quiche with remaining Swiss cheese. Place quiche on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the quiche is lightly puffed and browned, 45 to 50 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center of the filling should come out clean. Cool for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 334.2 calories, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 152.2 mg, Fat 21.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 15.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 572.1 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
DIZ'S BEST SPINACH QUICHE EVER! (VEGAN)
Okay, so I know the ingredient list and the directions seem really long, but let me assure you, it is not as difficult as it seems and it is oh so worth it! I served this quiche with a side of steamed cauliflower with a touch of vegan margarine.
Provided by DiZzY
Yield 4-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- First, drain the tofu, place in a flat bottom colander or a plate and put another plate on top with something heavy enough to gently press the tofu without smashing it--walk away and go about your business for at least a half hour. Now is also a good time to prep your veggies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and add the onions, mushrooms, and zucchini. Caramelize for about 10 minutes or so.
- When nice and brown, add 1/2 tablespoon of salt and the sherry to deglaze and cook for another minute until dry.
- Remove and place in a medium sized mixing bowl. In the same pan on medium heat, add the rest of the oil and sauté the garlic, basil, thyme, and red pepper flakes for about 3 minutes until the garlic is slightly golden but do not brown!
- Pour garlic concoction into a food processor and crumble the drained tofu on top. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, and the rest of the salt. Puree until really smooth.
- Add to the onion/shroom mixture in bowl.
- Using the same pan once again, sauté the spinach until heated through. Once finished, squeeze all excess water out and add to the tofu mixture, stirring all ingredients together well.
- Smooth down into the "butter" misted pie shell, dust with paprika, and bake for 35-45 minutes until crust is golden brown and tofu is somewhat firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 489.9, Fat 33.8, SaturatedFat 7, Sodium 2028.4, Carbohydrate 34.6, Fiber 6.8, Sugar 5.7, Protein 18
More about "vegan spinach mushroom quiche recipes"
BEST VEGAN SPINACH MUSHROOM QUICHE - THE CARROT …
Ratings 7Calories 152 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Lunch, Main Course
- Using a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute butter, garlic, and onions until tender. Take care not to burn the garlic.
VEGAN QUICHE RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND LEEKS
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 20 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 114 per serving
MUSHROOM SPINACH QUICHE WITH SMOKED TOFU | VEGAN.IO
VEGAN SPINACH, TOMATO, AND MUSHROOM QUICHE - TRYVEG
NO BUTTER, NO EGGS, NO ISSUE: VEGAN MUSHROOM, SPINACH AND …
VEGAN QUICHE - VEGAN HEAVEN
VEGAN BROCCOLI, SPINACH, MUSHROOM AND TOMATO QUICHE
EASY VEGAN QUICHE - VEGAN HUGGS
SPINACH QUICHE | THE VEGAN SOCIETY
VEGAN SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE - EASY - BIANCA ZAPATKA
SPINACH & MUSHROOM QUICHE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
VEGAN SPINACH & MUSHROOM MINI QUICHES » I LOVE VEGAN
SPINACH MUSHROOM QUICHE 9X13 - THERESCIPES.INFO
VEGAN SPINACH MUSHROOM TART - VEGAN RICHA
VEGAN MUSHROOM & SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE BY VEGAN FIRST
SPINACH VEGAN MINI QUICHES - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
VEGAN SPINACH & MUSHROOM CRUSTLESS QUICHES - FROM MY BOWL
10 BEST VEGETARIAN SPINACH QUICHE RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGAN QUICHE WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH & LEEKS – BELLY SHRINKERS
SPINACH AND MUSHROOM QUICHE (VEGETABLE QUICHE) RECIPE - LOW …
MUSHROOM SPINACH QUICHE | RAW, VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
FAT-FREE VEGAN CRUSTLESS SPINACH & MUSHROOM QUICHE RECIPE
VEGAN QUICHE - LOVING IT VEGAN
VEGAN QUICHE RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND LEEKS
10 BEST MUSHROOMS SPINACH VEGAN RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGAN PUFF PASTRY QUICHE - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
MUSHROOM AND SPINACH QUICHE RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
TRY OUR MUSHROOM AND SPINACH VEGAN QUICHE RECIPE
VEGAN QUICHE RECIPE WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND LEEKS
EASY VEGAN SPINACH & ARTICHOKE QUICHE (MUST TRY!)
NO-TOFU SPINACH AND MUSHROOM QUICHE - VEGAN OUTREACH
RAW FOOD RECIPE - SPINACH & WILD MUSHROOM QUICHE
VEGAN QUICHE WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH & LEEK
VEGAN SPINACH QUICHE WITH SUN-DRIED TOMATOES - DON'T WASTE …
MUSHROOM LEEK QUICHE | VEGAN TART - BIANCA ZAPATKA | RECIPES
SUN-DRIED TOMATO, MUSHROOM, AND SPINACH TOFU QUICHE - OH SHE …
VEGAN SPINACH ARTICHOKE MUSHROOM QUICHE - THE BAKING FAIRY
12 VEGAN QUICHE RECIPES FOR SUMMER PICNICS
VEGAN SPINACH AND MUSHROOM QUICHE - LABELESS NUTRITION
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #main-dish #vegetables #oven #vegan #vegetarian #food-processor-blender #dietary #one-dish-meal #mushrooms #free-of-something #greens #spinach #brunch #equipment #small-appliance #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love