VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY/ CHOW MEIN
- Wash and chop 1 onion, 2 carrots, 1 cup celery, 1 cup bean sprouts, 1 cup water chestnuts, and/or any other vegetables of choice.
- Add 3 tbsp vegan butter or oil to a large skillet, put in diced onions, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Toss in the celery, carrots, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, or any other vegetable that you wish, add 1 cup of water or vegetable broth and turn up the heat to medium and cover. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes until the veggies become just barely tender.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 cup, Calories 235 kcal, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 5 g, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 851 mg, Fiber 3 g, Sugar 5 g
This is the fast and easy chop suey recipe that my mother always made, and we love it 'as is', but you could substitute a can of Chinese mixed vegetables for the bean sprouts if you like more color and texture. Serve over hot rice, topped with chow mein noodles and soy sauce, if desired.
Provided by DKOSKO
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Heat shortening in a large, deep skillet. Sear pork until it turns white, then add onion and saute for 5 minutes. Add celery, hot water, salt and pepper. Cover skillet and simmer for 5 minutes. Add sprouts and heat to boiling.
- In a small bowl combine the cold water, cornstarch, soy sauce and sugar. Mix together and add to skillet mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, or until thickened to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Carbohydrate 12 g, Cholesterol 39.4 mg, Fat 17.5 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 16.4 g, SaturatedFat 4.9 g, Sodium 802.7 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY
This Chinese vegetable chop suey is packed with flavor and it's so easy to make. Serve it over rice and you got a delicious and healthy meal!
Provided by Sina
Categories Main Course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large pan, heat some oil, add the bell pepper, the carrot, the Spanish onion, the mushrooms, the garlic, and the ginger and cook for 6 minutes. Add the pak choi and cook another 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the sauce and add it to the veggies together with the bean sprouts. Cook for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with green onions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155 kcal, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 10 g, Fat 1 g, SaturatedFat 0.2 g, Sodium 1867 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 15 g, UnsaturatedFat 0.6 g, ServingSize 1 serving
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY
This is another gem to add to your vegetarian collection. It is healthy, easy to make, and delicious. Adapted from "Cookshelf Vegetarian" Tip: Cut all vegetables the same size so they cook evenly.
Provided by Hadice
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oil in a wok until oil is almost smoking.
- Add the onion and garlic and stirfry for 30 seconds. Take care not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in peppers, broccoli, zucchini, and carrots. Stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add bean sprouts, brown sugar, soy sauce and vegetable stock (add chilli sauce and cashews here is desired).
- Add a dash of salt and pepper and cook an additional 2 minutes. Serve immediately with noodles or rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 129.9, Fat 7.2, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 529, Carbohydrate 15.1, Fiber 3, Sugar 8.1, Protein 4
VEGETARIAN CHOP SUEY
This is delicious! If you're short on time, use a packaged frozen vegetable medley for some of the fresh veggies. Use vegs. of your choice.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Cook the onion, garlic and ginger, stirring, in the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and celery, and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, peppers, cabbage and zucchini, and cook 3 minutes more.
- Add the bean sprouts, green beans, snow peas, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and tomatoes, and cook 3 minutes more.
- Stir together the water, soy sauce and cornstarch; stir gently into the vegetable mixture.
- Cook until the sauce is thickened and all the vegetables are tender-crisp. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.5, Fat 5.3, SaturatedFat 0.9, Sodium 546.9, Carbohydrate 59.9, Fiber 8.4, Sugar 9.9, Protein 9.2
This recipe is my children's all-time favorite meal. How much do they like it? Even more than they like pizza...and that's a lot!-Debra Weihert, Waterloo, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Dissolve bouillon in 1-1/2 cups boiling water; add to skillet. , Combine remaining water with cornstarch; stir into beef mixture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Add vegetables and soy sauce; stir and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes. , Serve over rice; sprinkle with chow mein noodles.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 149 calories, Fat 7g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 37mg cholesterol, Sodium 691mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
- Stir together garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch in a bowl. Stir in pork and marinate 15 minutes.
- Keep cut vegetables separate. Heat a wok over high heat until a bead of water dropped onto cooking surface evaporates immediately. Drizzle 1 teaspoon vegetable oil around side of wok, then stir-fry celery, seasoning with salt, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer celery to a large bowl. Reheat wok and stir-fry each remaining vegetable separately in same manner (but allow only 1 minute for bean sprouts), adding 1 teaspoon oil to wok before each batch and seasoning with salt. When stir-frying bok choy, begin with ribs, then add leaves and 1 tablespoon water after 1 minute. Transfer each vegetable as cooked to bowl with celery.
- Stir together chicken broth, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, and 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Reheat wok over high heat until a bead of water evaporates immediately. Drizzle 1 tablespoon vegetable oil around side of wok, then stir-fry pork until just cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Return all vegetables to wok and toss. Make a well in center, then stir broth mixture and add to well. Bring sauce to a boil, undisturbed, then stir to combine with pork and vegetables. Serve immediately, with cooked rice.
More about "vegetable chop suey recipes"
10 BEST CHINESE VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETABLE CHOPSUEY RECIPE BY NIRU GUPTA - NDTV FOOD
AMERICAN CHOP SUEY RECIPE - ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
CHOPSUEY RECIPE (CHOP SUEY) - PINOY RECIPE AT IBA PA
CHOP SUEY (CHICKEN STIR FRY) | RECIPETIN EATS
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPE - LIFESTYLE - PINTEREST
CHOP SUEY VEGETABLES | LA CHOY
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY – CHEF SARAH ELIZABETH
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY IS ONE OF OUR ASIAN VEGETABLE RECIPES.
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY - ELAVEGAN | RECIPES
CHICKEN CHOP SUEY - SPEND WITH PENNIES
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPE WITH SHRIMP - MY RECIPE MAGIC
VEGAN CHOP SUEY - VEGAN AND OIL-FREE RECIPES - ZARDYPLANTS
FAST VEGAN CHOP SUEY WITH TOFU AND VEGGIES - VE EAT COOK BAKE
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY | READY SET EAT
VEGETABLE AMERICAN CHOP SUEY - RACHNA'S KITCHEN
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY (CHOPSI FROM SRI LANKA) - FOOD CORNER
VEGGIE-LOADED PORK (OR BEEF) CHOP SUEY RECIPE
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY WITH CASHEWS - THRIFTY FOODS
VEGETABLE CHOPSUEY, VEGETARIAN CHOP SUEY
BEST CHOP SUEY RECIPE - EASY DELICIOUS VEGGIE STIR-FRY
VEGETABLE CHOP-SUEY RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPE - THEYUMMYDELIGHTS.COM
CHINESE AMERICAN CHOP SUEY A CLASSIC COMFORT FOOD
EASY CHOP SUEY VEGETABLE STIR-FRY - KAWALING PINOY
FILIPINO VEGETARIAN CHOP SUEY - SIMPLY BAKINGS
VEGAN CHOP SUEY - VEGETABLE CHINESE AMERICAN DISH PACKED WITH …
VEGAN CHOP SUEY: RECIPE WITH LOTS OF VEGETABLES - GASKANDHAWLEY
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPE CHINESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING …
VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
THE BEST CHOP SUEY · I AM A FOOD BLOG
CHOP SUEY (FILIPINO-CHINESE STIR-FRIED VEGETABLES)
CHOP SUEY VEGAN RECIPE WITH BOK CHOY - KEEPING THE PEAS
CHOW MEIN AND CHOP SUEY RECIPES - THE SPRUCE EATS
AMERICAN CHOP SUEY RECIPE | VEG AMERICAN CHOPSUEY | VEG …
EASY CHOP SUEY RECIPE - FOXY FOLKSY
SHRIMP CHOP SUEY RECIPE: HEALTHY MEAL WITH EVERYDAY VEGETABLES
EASY TO MAKE AMERICAN VEGETABLE CHOP SUEY RECIPE - THEFOODXP
VEGAN CHOP SUEY: RECIPE WITH STIR-FRIED VEGGIES - UTOPIA
USE THESE VEGETABLES TO MAKE YOUR CHOP SUEY BETTER
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #main-dish #vegetables #asian #vegetarian #stove-top #dietary #one-dish-meal #stir-fry #equipment #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love