VEGETABLES AU GRATIN
This creates a very rich dish, which can be varied according to taste by simply changing the cheese and / or vegetables used.
Provided by Minxkat1
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Steam carrots, cauliflower and green beans until fork tender.
- In a separate, large saucepan, melt margarine. Add onion and cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until tender.
- Whisk in flour, celery salt and oregano. Cook and stir one minute. Add milk, broth and lemon juice.
- Cook and whisk until thickened and bubbly all over.
- Stir in shredded cheddar until melted. Add hot, drained vegetables to saucepan, stirring to coat evenly with the sauce.
- Pour vegetables and sauce into deep one quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs with romano cheese, olive oil and parsley. Mix well.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over the top of vegetables.
- Bake uncovered in 350 F oven for 25 - 30 minutes, until heated through and crumbs are golden brown.
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, add enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute until translucent, but not browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the tomatoes and cook until they start to give off their liquid, about 5 minutes. Add the thyme and season with salt and pepper. Add the sugar and cook until there is almost no liquid left, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Lay the eggplant and zucchini out on a flat surface and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- In another large saute pan set over medium high heat, add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil just starts to smoke, add the eggplant in 1 layer and cook just until golden brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. You might need to do this in batches. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Blot the top with additional paper towels.
- In the same pan, add more olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil just starts to smoke, add the zucchini in 1 layer and saute until just browned on each side, about 1 minute per side. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a shallow roasting pan or baking dish, spread half of the tomato sauce evenly over the bottom. Begin layering the eggplant and zucchini along the outside of the baking dish so they are overlapping slightly. Continue until the pan is full and the eggplant and zucchini is used. Cover the top with the remaining tomato sauce, spreading evenly. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan evenly over the top, covering completely.
- Place the baking dish inside a large baking dish. Pour hot water into the larger baking dish about half way up the sides to make a water bath. Bake for 25 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
ROOT VEGETABLE AU GRATIN
Provided by Sandra Lee
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 by 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small pot, heat the milk with the thyme over medium-low heat until hot.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with the canola oil. Add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the flour and cook stirring constantly until the flour is lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in the hot milk. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until very thick. Stir in the Cheddar, pumpkin pie spice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the bottom of the prepared baking dish with a thin layer of the sauce. Place one layer of carrots slightly overlapping in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with an overlapping layer of the parsnips. Pour a third of the sauce over top. Repeat with two more layers each of the carrots and parsnips, ending with the sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Evenly sprinkle over the top of the gratin.
- Bake until the gratin is bubbling and the topping is browned, and when pierced through the vegetables yield easily, about 1 1/2 hours. If the top begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil. Let rest for 10 minute before serving.
LAST MINUTE MIXED VEGETABLE AU GRATIN
I came up with this one day when I had an unexpected guest for dinner and needed a fast side dish, but was low on ingredients. It came out quite good, and my guest not only had 2 helpings, he was very happy to take the rest home. If you want to use your own fresh vegetable mixture, chop it up into somewhat smaller pieces.
Provided by Charmed
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish well with non-stick spray.
- Cook the vegetables until just barely done; they will cook more in the baking process.
- Drain and set aside to cool as you continue.
- Using a blender, make the toast into crumbs; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the butter or margarine and the oil on a medium heat; saute the onions in the butter and oil until transparent.
- Add the soup, milk, mustard powder and salt and pepper and cook, whisking very often, until the mixture is bubbly, thickened, and a bit reduced; remove from heat.
- Put the vegetables in a large bowl, then stir in the sauce mixture, about 2 tablespoons of the bread crumbs, and 1/2 cup shredded cheese; blend well.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and combine well with the remaining bread crumbs.
- Mix in the remaining cheese and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until the mixture is heated through and the top is browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285.8, Fat 15.4, SaturatedFat 7, Cholesterol 26.9, Sodium 577.7, Carbohydrate 29.6, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 1.5, Protein 10.6
ROOT VEGETABLE AU GRATIN
I make root vegetables even more enticing by combining them with a rich and creamy cheese sauce. This casserole is a favorite at our holiday buffets.-Lizela Sabiranju, Lynnwood, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Arrange the potatoes, rutabaga, turnip and parsnip in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish., In a small saucepan, combine the cream, rosemary, flour and seasoned salt. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese., Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for 20-25 minutes longer or until bubbly and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts :
VEGETARIAN POTATO AU GRATIN
Fill up on veggies and load up on terrific flavor with this creamy, hearty casserole. You'll appreciate the homey crumb topping and hands-free bake time at the end of a long day. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large saucepan, saute carrots and pepper in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in flour, oregano and salt until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in beans and 2 cups cheese until cheese is melted., Layer half the potatoes and sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a microwave, melt the remaining butter. Stir in bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top., Cover and bake 50-55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 557 calories, Fat 25g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 77mg cholesterol, Sodium 749mg sodium, Carbohydrate 56g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 27g protein.
VEGETABLE GRATIN 3 WAYS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: unsalted butter, garlic, all-purpose flour, whole milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, corn, shredded gruyère cheese, bacon bits, shredded cheddar cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, bread crumbs
Provided by Frank Tiu
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make the béchamel sauce: Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the flour and whisk into the butter. Cook for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While whisking, pour in the milk and heavy cream. Season with the salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, whisking frequently, until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the leaves and stem from the head of the cauliflower and chop into roughly ½-inch (1-cm) florets. Set aside.
- Trim the Brussels sprouts, then thinly slice. Add the sprouts to a 9x13-inch (23x33 cm) baking dish and push to one side, filling about a third of the dish.
- Add the corn to the center third of the baking dish. Add the cauliflower florets to the remaining third of the baking dish.
- Pour the béchamel sauce evenly over the vegetables.
- Top the Brussels sprouts with the Gruyère cheese and bacon bits.
- Top the corn with the cheddar cheese.
- Top the cauliflower with the Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs evenly over the vegetables.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for 30 minutes more, until the vegetables are tender and the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 12 grams, Sugar 6 grams
EGGS AU GRATIN WITH VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Crush the fennel seed in a mortar and mix with a little sea salt.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers and green onions and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add chile pepper and garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season the mixture with fennel seed-salt mixture and pepper.
- Divide the vegetables among 4 small oven-proof dishes. Place avocado pieces on top. Roughly crush feta with a fork, and spread it on top as well. Crack 2 eggs into each dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until eggs are set, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 607.4 calories, Carbohydrate 23.3 g, Cholesterol 428.1 mg, Fat 48.1 g, Fiber 9.7 g, Protein 25.7 g, SaturatedFat 16 g, Sodium 860.1 mg, Sugar 9.1 g
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN
When summer produce is in stock, there's no better use than a simple gratin. Back in 1987, Pierre Franey considered it an exemplary side dish to a meal of grilled salmon with shrimp. Most of the work here is chopping, but if you're not feeling up to it, you could always use a mandolin or the slicing attachment of a food processor. Cooked on the skillet, the vegetables yield their flavors, before being sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and broiled.
Provided by Pierre Franey
Categories dinner, weekday, side dish
Yield 4 or more servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Cut off and discard ends of the eggplant, squash and zucchini. Cut squash and eggplant into very thin rounds. There should be about 2 cups of each. Cut eggplant lengthwise into quarters and cut each quarter into thin slices. There should be about 4 cups.
- Heat 6 tablespoons of oil in a skillet and add eggplant, zucchini and squash slices. Cook, shaking skillet and stirring so slices cook evenly, about 8 minutes. Add onions and garlic and stir to blend. Add bay leaf, salt and pepper. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut away and discard core of each tomato. Cut tomatoes crosswise into thin slices.
- Remove and discard bay leaf. Pour cooked vegetables into a baking dish and arrange tomato slices on top to cover. Brush tomatoes with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Place dish under broiler about 4 inches from heat. Leave broiler door partly open and cook 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 296, UnsaturatedFat 20 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 26 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 5 grams, SaturatedFat 5 grams, Sodium 630 milligrams, Sugar 6 grams
More about "vegetables au gratin recipes"
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN | MAXLIVING
Cuisine AmericanCategory Side DishServings 4Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN - CREAMY BAKED VEGETABLES - MY …
5/5 (3)Calories 396 per servingCategory Main Course, Side Dishes
- Add potatoes to 2 1/2 cups of boiling water and boil for 3 minutes in a medium sized pot. To the same pot add carrots and cook for 3 more minutes. Next add cauliflower and beans and boil for another 3 minutes. Finally, add the green peas, cook for a minutes and drain all the vegetables. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the flour and whisk into the butter. Cook for 2 minutes till the flour is cooked and smells slightly nutty.
THE 13 BEST GRATIN RECIPES
CHEDDAR VEGETABLE AU GRATIN | MCCALLUM'S SHAMROCK PATCH
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE | COOK CLICK N DEVOUR!!!
ROASTED VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE BY ARCHANA'S KITCHEN
VEG AU GRATIN RECIPE - SHARMIS PASSIONS
AU GRATIN VEGETABLES - BEST SIDE DISHES
3.7/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory Side DishCalories 676 per serving
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
Servings 2Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Side Dishes
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN- EASY BAKED VEGETABLES RECIPE | PEPPER ON …
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE - TOTSFAMILY
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN | HOW TO DO MIXED VEG AU GRATIN …
MIXED VEGETABLE GRATIN | CANADIAN GOODNESS
VEGETABLES WITH CHEESE SAUCE (VEGETABLE AU GRATIN)
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
THE BEST VEGETABLE GRATIN RECIPE - ON SUTTON PLACE
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN - PLAIN.RECIPES
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN| BAKED VEGETABLES - KEENCUISINIER
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN - LIBBY'S
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
HOW TO MAKE GRATIN WITH LEFTOVER VEGETABLES - MYRECIPES
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN | ROSALYNN DANIELS
WINTER VEGETABLE GRATIN - OLIVE TREE KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE POTATOES AU GRATIN - CHEF JEAN PIERRE
RAINBOW VEGETABLE GRATIN RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN | BAKED VEG AU GRATIN RECIPE | VEGETABLE …
ROASTED VEGETABLE AU GRATIN - CAKEWORKORANGE
VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE ~ MICROWAVE STYLE - SPICE YOUR LIFE!
VEGAN TRADITIONAL VEGETABLES AU GRATIN
FROZEN MIXED VEGETABLES POTATOES AU GRATIN (+ VIDEO)
VEGETABLES AU GRATIN - BIGOVEN.COM
WHITE BEANS AU GRATIN - THERESCIPES.INFO
FRENCH GREEN VEGETABLE AU GRATIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
OVEN BAKED VEGETABLE GRATIN - BETWEEN2KITCHENS
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #eggs-dairy #potatoes #vegetables #scandinavian #oven #easy #european #diabetic #dinner-party #holiday-event #vegetarian #cheese #stove-top #norwegian #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #inexpensive #tomatoes #taste-mood #savory #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love