BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place squash, cut-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Cover squash with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until squash is tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir mushrooms and garlic in the hot oil until mushrooms are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Heat remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion in the hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes. Add spinach to onion; cook until spinach is heated through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- Heat 6 cups milk in a 5-quart saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir until milk is simmering, about 5 minutes. Whisk remaining 1 cup milk and cornstarch together in a bowl until smooth; stir into simmering milk. Bring milk mixture to just under a boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon and scraping bottom of pot to prevent scorching, until milk mixture has thickened into a sauce, about 5 minutes; remove pot from heat.
- Whisk 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, honey, nutmeg, sage, salt, and pepper into sauce until smooth. Cover pot with a lid and keep warm over low heat.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Scrape flesh from butternut squash into a bowl; stir with a fork until evenly mashed. Stir ginger, salt, and pepper into mashed butternut squash.
- Spoon about 1 cup white sauce into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish; arrange a layer of noodles atop white sauce. Layer 1/2 butternut squash mixture, 1/5 remaining white sauce, noodles, spinach mixture, 1/5 white sauce, noodles, 1/2 the mozzarella cheese, mushroom mixture, 1/5 white sauce, noodles, remaining 1/2 butternut squash mixture, 1/5 the white sauce, remaining noodles, remaining 1/5 white sauce, remaining mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, respectively. Cover dish with aluminum foil and place dish on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake until bubbling and cheese is browned, about 15 more minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 399.7 calories, Carbohydrate 53.8 g, Cholesterol 35.2 mg, Fat 11.9 g, Fiber 4.1 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 403.6 mg, Sugar 12.4 g
VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH NOODLES
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange butternut squash slices on the baking sheets. Sprinkle 1 pinch nutmeg on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pliable but not mushy, about 5 minutes per side.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and spinach; cook and stir until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 cup milk, Parmesan cheese, rice flour, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and black pepper into the saucepan until combined and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange half of the butternut squash in the bottom of an 8-1/2x11-inch casserole dish. Layer leek mixture and ricotta cheese on top. Arrange remaining butternut squash on top.
- Bake lasagna in the preheated oven until golden, about 40 minutes.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour until a golden paste forms, 5 to 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; slowly whisk in 2 cups milk until thickened and bubbling. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer sauce until smooth, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Season sauce with salt and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg. Pour over lasagna.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.8 calories, Carbohydrate 27.8 g, Cholesterol 28.4 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 6 g, SaturatedFat 6.3 g, Sodium 440 mg, Sugar 7.9 g
VEGETARIAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA
This was really good, although next time I will add a layer of chopped spinach. Serve with a salad and hot bread sticks.
Provided by Diana Adcock
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 18
- In a large sauce pan heat oil over medium heat and add the onion& garlic.
- Cool until the onion is turning LIGHT brown.
- Remove from heat and add the honey and mashed squash.
- Stir well.
- Place a small abount of sauce in the bottom of a shallow 2 quart oven safe dish.
- Place 3 noodles on the sauce and spread with half the squash mixture, half the cottage cheese and 1/3 of the tomato sauce, then half the mozzarella-repeat layers ending up with the sauce, then sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-45 minutes.
- To make the sauce: Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan and saute the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sugar, herbs and pepper along with the tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
More about "vegetarian butternut squash lasagna recipes"
BUTTERNUT LASAGNA WITH MUSHROOMS AND SAGE | FEASTING AT HOME
4.9/5 (72)Calories 304 per servingCategory Vegetarian
- . Preheat oven to 425 F. Cut butternut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and place open side down on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Place sliced onion next to it and drizzle it with a little olive oil. Roast until fork-tender, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool. You could do this a day before or cook whole in an instant pot for 22 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil or butter. Add mushrooms and shallots and salt, and saute over medium heat, until the mushrooms release their liquid and begin to brown. Add the garlic, sage and pepper. Cook until garlic is fragrant, about 2-3 more minutes, turn the heat off. You could toss in some spinach at the end and wilt for extra nutrients. Taste and make sure the filling has enough salt and pepper. You could also add a little truffle oil. You could make this 1-3 days ahead and refrigerate.
- Using a fork, mix the ricotta cheese with the egg, nutmeg and salt. ( You really don’t have to add the egg, but it adds a nice richness.)
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPINACH LASAGNA - JULIA'S ALBUM
4.9/5 (83)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 401 per serving
- For this filling, you will need to have pre-cooked butternut squash puree. Using food processor, combine 2 cups of butternut squash puree with Ricotta cheese, milk, salt and nutmeg. Add more milk if needed (to make the butternut squash filling very creamy). Mix very well, taste and add more salt, if needed.
- Combine spinach, Ricotta cheese, mozzarella, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix, taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Bring a very large pot of water to boil, and cook lasagna noodles according to package instructions. Rinse in cold water, drain. Using knife, trim noodles to fit your baking dish (if necessary).
THE BEST VEGAN LASAGNA RECIPE WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH ...
4.1/5 (9)Calories 356 per servingCategory Entree
- While the pasta is cooking, thaw the frozen spinach in a small saute pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper until the spinach is completely thawed. Transfer the spinach to a colander and press out as much water as possible. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prep the ricotta and squash (if making from scratch). Follow the recipe below this one to make your ricotta. Butternut squash can be cooked using this method or used from a can.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA | EASY VEGETARIAN FREEZER RECIPE
5/5 (1)Category Main CourseCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 2 mins
- In a medium bowl, add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to ricotta cheese and mix well. Set aside.
- In mixing bowl, add remaining salt, pepper, and sage to squash. Beat for approximately 20-30 seconds until well blended.
- Assemble lasagna. Coat a square 8x8" baking dish with cooking spray, then start by placing 2 noodles in the bottom of the dish. Cover noodles with half of squash mixture, then add 2 more noodles. Divide ricotta mixture in half and add layer of ricotta over noodles, then add 2 more noodles and repeat layers until the second ricotta layer is at the top. Cover ricotta with mozzarella cheese and remaining Parmesan cheese.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND MUSHROOM LASAGNA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (146)Servings 8
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; sauté until soft, about 8 minutes. Increase heat to high; add mushrooms and cook until tender, stirring constantly, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mushroom mixture to bowl; set aside.
- Add squash, broth, 3 tablespoons thyme, and 3 tablespoons sage to same skillet. Cover and simmer over medium heat until squash is just tender, about 6 minutes. Uncover and cook until squash is very soft but still retains shape, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 1/2 cups Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme and 1 tablespoon sage in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper; mix in eggs.
- Brush 13x9x2-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with oil. Spread 1 cup ricotta mixture over bottom. Arrange 3 noodles on top. Spread 1 3/4 cups ricotta mixture over noodles. Arrange 1 1/3 cups squash mixture over. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mushrooms and 1 cup mozzarella. Top with 3 noodles, then 1 3/4 cups ricotta mixture, half of remaining squash, 1/2 cup mushrooms, and remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat with noodles, 1 3/4 cups ricotta mixture, remaining squash, and remaining mushrooms. Top with 3 noodles. Spread remaining ricotta mixture over; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Cover with oiled foil.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - HEALTHY WORLD CUISINE
4.8/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine ItalianTotal Time 1 hr 30 mins
- Assemble your butternut puree- Thaw your frozen cooked butternut squash puree or cubes in the microwave per directions. Place in a food processor with sage, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder. Blend until creamy smooth. Set aside
- In a frying pan add olive oil and sliced onions and saute until golden brown. Add mushrooms and salt and pepper and cook until tender and slightly golden about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl add ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper, Sicilian spice blend and if desired a dash of red pepper flakes. Mix well. Set aside
- In a medium sauce pan add butter and flour and saute for about 2 minutes until slightly golden and the flour is cooked. Slowly with a whisk add you milk a little at a time whilst stirring to prevent lumps until smooth and creamy. Add nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
5/5 (12)Category Main CourseAuthor ChanthaCalories 545 per serving See details »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SWEET POTATO LASAGNE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 6Category Main Course See details »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPINACH LASAGNE RECIPE WITH ...
Servings 4Total Time 1 hrCategory VegetarianCalories 613 per serving See details »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA RECIPE
See details »
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH KALE LASAGNA WITH BECHAMEL SAUCE
4.8/5 (9)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 310 per serving
- To prepare the butternut squash: Preheat the oven to 425. Slice the butternut squash in half, lengthwise. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, sprinkle with garlic, sage, allspice, and salt. Flip the squash over so that the inside is face-down on the baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, until very tender.
- Heat vegan butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted, add flour and stir over heat for 3-4 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and golden-brown. In another pot, bring milk, minced garlic, nutmeg, and salt to a boil. Add hot milk to butter/flour mixture in 3 batches. Bring to a boil, whisking often, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, whisking constantly. Once thick and creamy, remove from heat and set aside. The sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH & SPINACH LASAGNA RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCalories 314 per serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until mostly wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a colander and press with the back of a spoon to release excess moisture. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk. Cook, whisking often, until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 1/2 cups cheese, sage and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper until smooth.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH VEGETARIAN LASAGNA - A SIMPLE TWEAK
5/5 (2)Category Main CourseCuisine American, ItalianTotal Time 1 hr
- Place the squash on a baking sheet and season with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic cloves and thyme (I used dry but you can use fresh too) Roast the butternut squash for about 15 minutes or until tender enough for mashing You can either mash the butternut squash with a fork to have some texture or you can use a food processor or even a blender to make a puree. I like texture so I decided to mash them with a fork :)
- If adding the pumpkin puree, this is the time to combine both the roasted butternut squash and the pumpkin
- On a saucepan over medium-high heat place the almond milk and bring to a boil lower to medium-low heat and add the cayenne pepper, bay leaves and the flour, make sure to start whisking until all well combined
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA | CROWDED KITCHEN
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory PastaCalories 395 per serving
- Peel squash and dice into 1-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil and diced onion. In a small bowl, stir together the Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, sage, and pepper. Toss well with squash mixture. Transfer to parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, stir in garlic and roast for additional 10 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the mushroom filling. Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 5 minutes, then stir in garlic and cook for additional 2-3 minutes. Increase heat to medium high, add mushrooms and wine, cooking until wine reduces and mushrooms soften. Add in kale, salt and pepper and cook until the kale is wilted. Set aside.
VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
5/5 (3)Calories 210 per servingTotal Time 2 hrs
- First roast your butternut squash: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut ends off of butternut squash, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle butternut squash with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Place flesh side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until squash is extremely fork tender. Allow squash to cool until you are able to scoop out the flesh.
- Scoop out the roasted flesh of butternut squash and transfer to a blender or bowl of a food processor. Add milk, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and freshly ground black pepper. Blend/process until smooth. Set aside.
- Next, make your vegan tofu ricotta by adding crumbled Nasoya organic extra firm tofu, garlic cloves, warm water, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender. Blend until smooth and well combined. The sauce should be similar to the consistency of a drinkable smoothie or a very creamy alfredo sauce. If it isn’t, add ¼ cup more water and blend again. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles for 5 minutes or until al dente, then drain. Immediately out noodles flat on an well-oiled baking sheet or cutting board so you can easily assemble the lasagna when ready and to prevent sticking. Another option is to soak the lasagna noodles in very warm (hot) water for 20-30 minutes if you do not want to boil them. (You can also use no cook lasagna noodles, but they aren't my favorite!)
VEGETARIAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA RECIPE
5/5 (2)Estimated Reading Time 8 minsServings 8Total Time 1 hr 10 mins
- Place spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, minced garlic, and salt and pepper into a large mixing bowl.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA RECIPE - VEGETARIAN COMFORT FOOD
5/5 (2)Category EntreeCuisine ItalianEstimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
VEGETARIAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SWISS CHARD POLENTA LASAGNA
5/5 (2)Category Dinner, Main DishCuisine Comfort FoodTotal Time 2 hrs 30 mins
- Add 1/3 cup of the shallots, the rosemary, and thyme, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are softened, about 4 minutes.
- Increase the heat to high, add the measured water, milk, and measured salt, stir to combine, and bring to a simmer.
VEGETARIAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA RECIPE
Servings 8Total Time 2 hrs 10 minsCategory Clean Sides, Dinner, Main Dish, Side DishCalories 300 per serving See details »
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
Cuisine ItalianCategory EntreesServings 6 See details »
JERRY JAMES STONE - BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA ROLLS (VEGAN ...
See details »
RICH AND CREAMY VEGAN BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA | HARE'S ...
See details »
VEGETARIAN SQUASH LASAGNA | ALDI US
See details »
RECIPE OF FAVORITE BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA | THE COOKING AREA
See details »
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pasta #vegetables #european #vegetarian #italian #lasagna #dietary #one-dish-meal #comfort-food #pasta-rice-and-grains #taste-mood #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love