THE ULTIMATE VEGETARIAN PITA SANDWICH
These are the ULTIMATE vegetarian pita sandwiches (vegan optional), piled high with hummus, tabbouleh, dill yogurt sauce, pickled veggies, greens, and tomatoes. Make in advance for lunch all week!
Provided by Elizabeth Lindemann
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients for pickled carrots. Set aside for at least 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all ingredients for dill yogurt sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Wrap a damp paper towel around the pita bread and microwave until just warmed (about 10 seconds per pita). This will make it more malleable and less likely to break.
- To assemble the sandwiches, layer about 2-3 tablespoons of the hummus, yogurt sauce, and tabbouleh, with some greens, tomato, and carrots, in that order, on each pita. Carefully wrap the pita around the ingredients. If it seems too messy or like it's going to break, wrap it in foil or parchment to keep it together.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353 kcal, Carbohydrate 55 g, Protein 15 g, Fat 9 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Cholesterol 2 mg, Sodium 834 mg, Fiber 7 g, Sugar 9 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Warm the pita in a toaster oven until fragrant, 1 or 2 minutes; cut in half and open up each half. Heat the beans in a small saucepan over medium heat until hot, and mix in the avocado. Divide the bean mixture in half, and fill each half of the pita with half the bean mixture. Top each pita with 1 tablespoon of feta cheese, and add a dash of hot sauce and a teaspoon of chopped fresh cilantro to each.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 409.8 calories, Carbohydrate 59.4 g, Cholesterol 16.8 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 14.7 g, Protein 16.5 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 1336.6 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
VEGETARIAN SLOPPY LENTILS IN PITA
I found this recipe in Cooking Light though I use vegetarian burger instead of ground lamb to make it vegetarian.
Provided by Enjolinfam
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, and vegetarian burger; cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally to crumble up the vegetarian burger.
- Add lentils, cumin, and thyme; stir until seasonings become fragrant. Add 1/2 cup water, tomatoes, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 minutes or until lentils are tender and mixture is thick (add additional water as needed). Discard bay leaf.
- Fill each pita half with 1/2 cup lentil mixture. Spoon 1 Tbsp yogurt into each pita half; top with 2 Tbsp cucumber. Sprinkle with mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407.3, Fat 8.8, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 2.8, Sodium 847.4, Carbohydrate 61.4, Fiber 18.6, Sugar 5.8, Protein 23.8
VEGETABLE PITA PIZZAS
- Halve the pita loaves horizontally to form 4 rounds, arrange the rounds, rough sides up, on a baking sheet, and brush the tops lightly with the additional oil. Sprinkle the rounds with salt to taste and toast them in the middle of a preheated 350°F. oven for 5 minutes, or until they are pale golden and crisp. Sprinkle half the mozzarella onto the rounds and bake the rounds for 1 minute, or until the mozzarella is melted. While the rounds are toasting, in a large skillet cook the onion and the garlic in the remaining 3 tablespoons oil over moderately low heat, stirring, until the onion is softened, add the bell peppers, and cook the mixture, stirring, for 4 minutes, or until the peppers are softened. Add the zucchini, the mushrooms, the oregano, and salt and pepper to taste and cook the mixture, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the zucchini is softened. Stir in half the remaining mozzarella and divide the mixture among the rounds, mounding it slightly. Top the rounds with the remaining mozzarella, the tomato, the basil, and the Parmesan and broil the rounds under a preheated broiler about 4 inches from the heat for 3 minutes, or until the cheeses are melted and bubbly.
MEXICAN VEGETABLE PIZZA
Hold the pepperoni! From North Tonawanda, New York, Barbara Nowakowski shares a change-of-pace pizza that's big on veggie flavor. Topped with black beans, red tomato, golden corn and green pepper, it's as colorful as it is tasty. She suggests spicing up you next party light lunch or dinner with zesty slices.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, combine the onion, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and water. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in beans and chilies. , Transfer half of the bean mixture to a food processor; cover and process until almost smooth. Spread pureed bean mixture over the crust. Spread with salsa. Top with half of the cheese and remaining bean mixture. Sprinkle with tomato, corn, green pepper, olives and remaining cheese. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 calories, Fat 8g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 692mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN PITA
I had a craving for something with rice and black beans one night, and this is what I came up with. I still fiddle with the ingredients some every time I make it, and probably will until I have it "perfected". :) These are wonderful served with steamed corn as well.
Provided by Gryph Black
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Cook dry brown rice according to directions.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Mix beans, brown rice, cheese, spinach, onion, cumin powder, and chipotle tobasco sauce in mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Separate mixture into two pita pockets.
- Place halves on backing sheet covered with tin foil and let them bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let them sit for 2-3 minutes and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 289.6, Fat 1.5, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 331, Carbohydrate 57, Fiber 7.1, Sugar 1.1, Protein 11.9
More about "vegetarian mexican pita recipes"
7 IDEAS FOR QUICK VEGETARIAN PITA LUNCHES | KITCHN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
18 VEGAN AND VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES - THE SPRUCE …
10 BEST VEGETARIAN PITA WRAPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN MAIN DISH RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
PILED-HIGH GREEK VEGETABLE PITAS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
20 PLUS MEXICAN VEGETARIAN INSTANT POT RECIPES
30 EASY MEXICAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
36 AUTHENTIC VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES | HURRY THE …
VEGAN MEXICAN PIZZA RECIPE (ONLY 8 INGREDIENTS!)
10 BEST VEGETARIAN PITA SANDWICH RECIPES | YUMMLY
14 MEXICAN-INSPIRED VEGAN DISHES | MINIMALIST BAKER …
20 BEST VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES – A COUPLE COOKS
ROASTED RED PEPPER PITA PIZZAS RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
VEGGIE PITA SANDWICH - BINJAL'S VEG KITCHEN
VEGETARIAN FAJITA PITA SANDWICH – DIVINE SPICE BOX
HOMEMADE VEGAN PITA BREAD - WARM, LIGHT, AND LUSCIOUS!
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN PIZZA - COOK IT REAL GOOD
MEXICAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES | 180 VEGETARIAN MEXICAN FOOD
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES: 30 HEALTHY MEALS | THE PICKY EATER
VEGAN PITA SANDWICHES RECIPE - THE WANDERLUST KITCHEN
CHICKPEA PITA WRAP WITH HUMMUS RECIPE (VEGETARIAN, HIGH PROTEIN)
HEALTHY MEXICAN VEGETARIAN RECIPES | EATINGWELL
10 BEST VEGETARIAN PITA WRAPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES | OLIVEMAGAZINE
65 VEGETARIAN MEXICAN INSPIRED RECIPES - SHE LIKES FOOD
EASIEST VEGAN PITA BREAD RECIPE (SOFT + CHEWY) - SIMPLYCEECEE.CO
VEGETARIAN PITA PIZZA RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
MEXICAN PITA PIZZAS - MOUTH HALF FULL
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN PIZZA - SOUPADDICT
28 MEXICAN RECIPES YOU WON’T BELIEVE ARE VEGAN
VEGAN PITA TACOS BOARD RECIPE - RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER
EASY VEGAN BREAKFAST BURRITOS (9 INGREDIENTS!) - THE VEGAN 8
PITA QUESADILLAS WITH CILANTRO HUMMUS RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
50 MEXICAN-INSPIRED RECIPES FOR VEGETARIANS | TASTE OF …
MEXICAN PITA PIZZAS | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN RECIPES, DINNER ENTREES, …
CUCUMBER AVOCADO VEGETARIAN PITA SANDWICH - SIP BITE GO
MEXICAN CHICKEN PITA RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
MEXICAN PITA PIZZAS (VEGAN) - CHEF PRIYANKA
MEXICAN PITA POCKETS RECIPE, INDIAN DIABETIC RECIPES
VEGETARIAN MEXICAN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
MEXICAN PITA PIZZAS | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN RECIPES, PITA PIZZAS, RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What are the best vegan Mexican food recipes?These vegan Mexican food recipes do it deliciously without meat or dairy. We're talking tacos, tostadas, enchiladas, fajitas, and burritos filled with seasoned chickpeas, or beans and quinoa, spicy tofu or sweet potatoes — plus Mexican-inspired bean burgers, veggie stews, and more. These vegan dinner recipes are Mexican meals with a healthy twist.
What is the best way to make Pitas?Make patties or form the ground beef into meatballs instead. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario If everybody's hungry and you're crunched for time, reach for a pita pocket. Just slice them open, fill them up and go. Save even more time with chicken tenders. —Jacqueline Parker, Colorado Springs, Colorado I wanted a good recipe for pitas.
Are pita sandwiches vegan?Vegan Pita Sandwiches: made with zaatar roasted cauliflower, Jerusalem salad, and an easy tahini sauce. The perfect vegan lunch! After a long weekend, I could hardly wait to get back in the kitchen to make a batch of Zaatar Roasted Cauliflower, and put together these Vegan Pita Sandwiches. You may be asking, “Is pita bread vegan?”
What is a vegan Mexican pizza?A delicious homemade Mexican Pizza recipe which is easy to make and healthy! This loaded vegetarian pizza is topped with refried beans, onion, corn, peppers, jalapeño, and vegan cheese. It can be made with a (gluten-free) pizza crust or with flour tortillas! Weekends are screaming for pizza and I thought why not try something new!