VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICHES
Dinner ready in just 20 minutes - These rye bread sandwiches are made easily in a skillet using veggies and cheese.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Remove onion from skillet.
- Spread 4 bread slices with dressing. Top each slice with one-fourth of the onion, 2 strips bell pepper, 2 tablespoons sauerkraut and 1 cheese slice. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat same skillet over medium-low heat. Spray outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray; place sandwiches in skillet. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning after 2 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 230, Carbohydrate 36 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fiber 4 g, Protein 11 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 750 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cheese and sauerkraut. Add enough dressing to coat, and mix thoroughly.
- Butter each slice of bread on one side. Spread a thick layer of the cheese mixture onto unbuttered side of half of the bread slices. Top with sliced tomato and another slice of bread.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Fry sandwiches on both sides until the outside is toasted and the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 709.9 calories, Carbohydrate 46.6 g, Cholesterol 103.7 mg, Fat 48.2 g, Fiber 6.2 g, Protein 25.4 g, SaturatedFat 21.7 g, Sodium 1903 mg, Sugar 14.6 g
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH(VIRGIN REUBEN)
I have another recipe from Moosewood that's called a Portabella Reuben, but this is from the Food Network Kitchens and I think you will enjoy this one too!You can leave out the tempeh bacon and/or use veggie bacon, toful bacon, wham(vegetarian ham), or even roasted mushrooms.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 23
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic; cook until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut, apple(if using), and allspice, season with salt and a generous grinding of black pepper.
- Cook until sauerkraut is tender, lightly browned and all the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes more(you want all the liquid gone).
- For the Russian dressing:.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together, cover and chill until ready to use.
- For the Sandwich:.
- Heat a grill pan on medium low heat.
- If using the tempeh: Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the tempeh, in batches as needed, until crispy golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to paper towels. If using other options, cook as directed.
- Spread some butter on 1 side of each slice of bread. Place 4 pieces, buttered side down, on a work surface. Spread some of the Russian dressing on. Evenly lay the pickles, tempeh(or other options) if using, sauerkraut, and then cheese on top. Top with second slice of bread, to make 4 sandwiches.
- Place the sandwiches on the grill and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, turning once so both sides get nice and golden brown, about 4-6 minutes total.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
People also searched
More about "vegetarian reuben sandwich recipes"
VEGETARIAN REUBEN RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.6/5 (36)Estimated Reading Time 5 minsServings 2
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low. Add garlic and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add kale in handfuls, stirring often and letting each addition wilt before adding the next. Stir in ½ cup water. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Continue to cook, tossing occasionally, until kale is tender and pan is dry (add more water as needed if kale needs more time), about 5 minutes. Transfer kale to a medium bowl; discard garlic, if desired. Stir in sauerkraut, yogurt, and hot sauce; season with salt. Wipe out skillet.
- Divide kale mixture between 2 slices of bread. Top kale mixture with both cheeses. Close sandwiches with remaining bread, then spread 1 Tbsp. butter on top slices.
- Heat reserved skillet over medium-low. Add sandwiches buttered side down and press down gently with a pan lid. Butter top sides of sandwiches and cook, turning sandwiches once, until golden brown and crisp and cheese is melted, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut in half before serving.
15 AMAZING VEGETARIAN SANDWICHES – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 4Servings 2Cuisine AmericanCategory Main Dish
- Make the pickled radishes: Slice the radishes and place them in a jar or cup. In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, and salt until the sugar and salt dissolve. Pour over the sliced radishes. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or 1 hour if time. You can make this a day or 2 ahead of time and store it in the fridge or in a sealed container or jar.
- Make the roasted peppers: Preheat the broiler to high. Slice the peppers. Rub the pepper slices with the olive oil and place them on a baking sheet, skin side up. Broil the peppers until the skin becomes blackened and charred, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with a few pinches of kosher salt.
- Make the herb goat cheese spread: In a bowl, stir together the goat cheese, olive oil, basil, and oregano until combined.
- Prep the other veggies: If desired, soak the red onion in cold water for a few minutes to remove the bit. Wash the lettuce. Slice the avocado. Slice the bread.
VEGAN REUBEN SANDWICH • THE CURIOUS CHICKPEA
4.5/5 (4)Category Burgers And SandwichesCuisine AmericanTotal Time 55 mins
- Cut the tempeh into thirds lengthwise. Then cut each piece into three thin slices. Place in a shallow dish or a ziplock bag.
- In a large measuring cup mix together the rest of the corned tempeh ingredients except for the oil. Pour the marinade over the tempeh and let marinate for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally (or toss if in ziplock bag) to evenly marinate the tempeh. You can do this step in advance and refrigerate the tempeh while marinating for up to 1 day.
- Heat a large skillet over medium and add a little oil to coat the pan. Remove the tempeh from the marinade, letting excess marinade drip off the tempeh before transferring it to the hot pan. You may have to cook the tempeh in batches so the tempeh can cook in a single layer.
- Cook the tempeh for 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden. If cooking in two batches, remove the first batch from the skillet and fry the second batch. When all of the tempeh is browned add the first batches back in and pour the remaining marinade over the tempeh. Let the marinade come to a boil and soak into the tempeh, glazing the outside. Flip the tempeh a few times to evenly coat everything.
VEGETARIAN REUBEN - HEALTHY SEASONAL RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion and cook, stirring often until the mushrooms and onions are softened and browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Add spinach, and stir until wilted. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, stir Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and celery salt in a small dish. Lay bread on work surface. Butter bread, dividing evenly. Flip bread, butter side down. Spread the yogurt mixture over the other side of bread, dividing evenly among the four slices.
- Divide vegetable mixture between two slices of bread. Top with sauerkraut. Top with cheese, cutting one piece in half to divide between the sandwiches. Close sandwiches.
- Lay sandwiches in a large dry skillet and set over medium heat. Cook until browned and the cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Cut in half to serve.
VEGAN REUBEN JACKFRUIT SANDWICH - CADRY'S KITCHEN
4.8/5 (12)Category SandwichCuisine American, VeganTotal Time 30 mins
- In a blender, combined cooked beets, water, tamari, Better Than Bouillon no beef base, and dill pickle juice. Blend until the beets are completely broken up and smooth. Set aside.
- Bring a large, non-stick skillet to a medium heat. If desired, lightly butter one side of the bread on all 8 slices of rye. Lay the slices buttered side down onto the skillet. (If you'd rather not butter the bread, you can skip that step. It just won't brown quite as nicely.) Allow the bread to toast for about 4 minutes, until it gets nutty brown on one side. Then turn off the heat, and remove the slices from the skillet.
VEGAN EGGPLANT REUBEN SANDWICH (GLUTEN FREE) - FROM MY BOWL
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hrCategory Main
- First, peel the Eggplant and cut it into slices that are between 1/4″ and 1/8″ thick. You want your slices to be in this range; if they are too thick, the Eggplant will be soggy. If they are too thin, the Eggplant will dry out too much.
- Next, prepare the marinade. Add all of the dry spices to a Nonstick Pot and toast over medium-high heat, stirring continuously to prevent burning.
- Once the spices are fragrant (about 1 minute or so), add in the rest of the ingredients for the marinade, and whisk everything together to ensure it is all well-combined.
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH RECIPE - FOOD FANATIC
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsAuthor Tanya SchroederCalories 691 per serving See details »
67 BEST REUBEN SANDWICH RECIPE IDEAS | REUBEN SANDWICH ...
66 pins359 followers See details »
THE GOOD-FOR-YOU VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH WITH ...
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
MAYIM BIALIK'S REUBEN SANDWICH [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 3 mins See details »
VEGAN MUSHROOM REUBEN - BRAND NEW VEGAN
Cuisine AmericanEstimated Reading Time 6 minsCategory SandwichTotal Time 30 mins See details »
VEGAN REUBEN SANDWICHES - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
Reviews 9Servings 3Cuisine AmericanCategory Sandwich
- In a separate small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, ginger, allspice, black pepper and cloves. This is your sauce for seasoning the seitan. Set it aside.
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH – A COUPLE COOKS
Reviews 20Category Main DishCuisine AmericanTotal Time 15 mins
- Spread butter on one side of each of the 4 bread pieces. Heat a griddle pan to medium high heat. Place 4 pieces of bread on the griddle, buttered side down. On each piece, spread some shredded cheese, sauerkraut, Russian dressing, more cheese, and then another piece of bread. When the bottom bread is browned, flip the sandwich and cook until the bread is toasted and the cheese is melted.
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH | SUPPER IN THE SUBURBS
5/5 (4)Category LunchCuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr
- Mix together the water, soy sauce, spices and beetroot powder to make the marinade for the aubergine.
- Place the aubergine into a shallow dish and pour over the marinade: make sure all of the slices are submerged so that they go a lovely shade of bright pink and soak up all of the flavour.
VEGAN TEMPEH REUBEN | MY DARLING VEGAN
4.7/5 (37)Total Time 40 minsCategory Main Course, Main DishCalories 574 per serving
- Combine the ingredients for the tempeh marinade in a shallow dish. Add tempeh and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat with 2 tablespoons oil. Add tempeh and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until dark brown. Once both sides are browned, add reserved marinade and let it cook-off in the skillet. This allows the flavors to seep into the tempeh deeper.
- Butter 4 slices of Sprouted Rye Seed Bread. Place on the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes, until lightly brown. Flip bread. On the cooked side, add Russian dressing to all slices of bread. Divide the sauerkraut between two slices, top with 2 pieces cooked tempeh, each, and a slice of vegan swiss, if using. Add the second slice of bread and cook on each side for about 5 minutes, until bread is browned and everything is cooked all the way through.
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH | VANILLA AND BEAN
4.9/5 (7)Category Dinner, LunchCuisine AmericanTotal Time 20 mins
- In a small lidded container add the mayo, ketchup, Sriracha, dijon, Worcestershire, pepper and dill pickles. Whisk to evenly distribute the ingredients. Lid and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Make it in a skillet or broil the sammie in the oven (no oil required). A. In a Skillet: Lightly brush a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Place two pieces of bread in the pan and slather each side with the sauce. Over the sauce on each side of the bread, add a slice of Swiss cheese if using. Top one side with beet slices, pile them high if desired, then top the beets with sauerkraut.Turn the heat onto medium and lid the pan. Toast for 4-5 minutes until the cheese is melted and/or the beets are warm. Remove from heat and put the sandwich together. Share right away. ORB. In the Oven: Slather each side of bread with the sauce. On each side of the bread, add a slice of Swiss cheese if using. Top one side with beet slices, pile them high if desired, then top the beets with sauerkraut.Place both sides in the oven (I use a toaster oven) under the broiler and broil for 4-5 minutes OR until the cheese is melted and/or the sandwich is warmed through. Remove from oven and put the sandwich togeth
THE BEST VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH — HONEST GRUB, HONEST ...
Cuisine AmericanCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main CourseServings 4Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients above under 1000 island dressing & refrigerate for at least an hour before using.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. At this point make sure you've made the 1000 island and it is refrigerating
VEGETARIAN REUBEN WITH QUICK PICKLED CABBAGE - COZY PEACH ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main Course
- Slice the red cabbage into ½ inch strips. In a one gallon mason jar (or divide between two quart sized jars) mix together water, vinegar, salt, and sugar until dissolved. I usually put the lid on the jar and shake to dissolve everything.
- Instructions for one sandwich on panini press: Preheat panini press to medium high heat*. Remove 1/2 cup pickled cabbage from container. Pat the cabbage with a paper towel to remove excess liquid. Spread two tablespoons of horseradish sauce on one side of the bread, then stack with 1/2 sliced tomato, 1/2 cup pickled cabbage, 1/2 cup spinach and two slices of Swiss cheese. Close the sandwich and heat on panini press until golden brown, about 3-5 minutes.
CHICAGO DINER'S VEGAN REUBEN SANDWICH RECIPE - CADRY'S KITCHEN
Ratings 3Servings 4Cuisine American, VeganCategory Sandwich
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the oil. Add the onion and peppers and sauté for 7 to 9 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Remove from the heat and transfer the onion and peppers to a medium covered bowl. Set aside.
VEGGIE REUBEN SANDWICH RECIPE - OLIVEMAGAZINE
Cuisine AmericanCategory VegetarianServings 1Total Time 30 mins See details »
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH | RECIPE | VEGETARIAN SANDWICH ...
See details »
10 BEST TEMPEH AND SEITAN RECIPES (YOU WON'T MISS MEAT ...
See details »
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICHES | VEGETARIAN VEGAN RECIPES ...
See details »
15 CLASSIC VEGAN SANDWICH RECIPES | MY DARLING VEGAN
See details »
VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH | VEGETARIAN REUBEN SANDWICH ...
See details »
You'll also love
Want to buy ingredients ?