ROASTED VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH PESTO CREAM SAUCE
Here's a new twist on lasagna made with vegetables and a creamy pesto base. It's a great option for entertaining when you need to satisfy a lot of different guests' tastes. The roasted vegetables also make a great side dish that goes with any meat. They can be made a day in advance. I often bake a double batch and set half aside to go with another meal.
Provided by JennaferPC
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease or line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange zucchini, bell pepper, broccoli, and carrots in a single layer on the baking sheet. Coat with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Roast vegetables in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9x13-inch casserole dish with one layer of lasagna noodles.
- Toss the roasted vegetables with Alfredo sauce and pesto until well coated. Spread mixture over the noodles in the dish. Place another layer of noodles over the vegetables.
- Mix ricotta cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, and spinach together and spread mixture over the noodle layer. Distribute mozzarella cheese evenly over the ricotta layer. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and oregano on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese is melted, 30 to 35 minutes. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes to lightly brown the top layer, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 496.6 calories, Carbohydrate 25.4 g, Cholesterol 76.4 mg, Fat 31.2 g, Fiber 2.9 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 14.8 g, Sodium 953.9 mg, Sugar 5.1 g
PESTO LASAGNA ROLLS
Each of these noodle roll-ups has just the right amount of filling and bakes in a fraction of the time a traditional deep-dish lasagna takes.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Position an oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles 1 minute longer than the package directions for al dente. The pasta should be tender enough that it will roll without cracking. Drain well and rinse with cold water. Lay in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and is the consistency of a thin gravy, 6 to 8 minutes. Allow the bechamel sauce to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg in a large bowl and then stir in the ricotta, spinach, 1 1/2 cups of the mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, 1/2 cup of the pesto, a large pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Stir the remaining 1/2 cup pesto into the slightly cooled bechamel sauce.
- Brush a 13- by 9- inch baking dish with oil. Spread 1/4 cup of the pesto-bechamel sauce on to the bottom of the dish.
- Lay half of the cooked lasagna noodles on a clean work surface and spread 1/3 cup of the ricotta mixture evenly over each. Starting with a short end, roll each noodle up. As you make the rolls, transfer them to the prepared baking dish seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining noodles and ricotta mixture. Spoon the remaining pesto-bechamel sauce over the lasagna rolls and sprinkle with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Cover with foil and bake until the rolls are heated through and the sauce is bubbling, about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the cheese is browned on top, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper, if using, and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
PESTO POLENTA LASAGNA
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Oil an 11x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Arrange a single layer of polenta in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Spread a thin layer of pesto over the polenta. Spoon half of the sauce over the polenta. Top with another layer of polenta and sauce.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Turn on the broiler. Top polenta with cheese and pine nuts, and broil until cheese browns and nuts are toasted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.3 calories, Carbohydrate 16.7 g, Cholesterol 12.4 mg, Fat 9.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 7.9 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 514.6 mg, Sugar 4.6 g
EASY PESTO LASAGNE
This vegetarian bake from reader Lucy Nanor is packed with spinach and peas along with creamy pesto and mascarpone sauce
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the pesto, half the mascarpone and 250ml water (or vegetable stock if you have some) in a pan. Heat and mix until smooth and bubbling. Add the spinach and peas and cook for a few more mins until the spinach has wilted and the peas thawed. Add the herbs and season.
- Place a third of the pesto mixture into a baking dish roughly 18 x 25cm. Top with 4 lasagne sheets, then repeat with 2 more layers of sauce and lasagne sheets, finishing with a layer of pasta. Mix enough milk into the remaining mascarpone to make a white sauce consistency, season, then pour over the top. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and pine nuts. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden brown on top and bubbling around the edges. Scatter over the reserved basil leaves and serve with a green salad, if you like.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 787 calories, Fat 62 grams fat, SaturatedFat 30 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 27 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 6 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
PESTO LASAGNA WITH SPINACH AND SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
I created this vegetarian lasagna after getting sick of the same old recipe. Turns out it was a winner, and my husband can't stop raving about how much it taste likes his grandmother's lasagna, but with a twist. The marinara sauce also makes a good quick sauce for any pasta dish.
Provided by Southern Bette
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sautégarlic and onion in olive oil until onions are soft. Reduce heat and stir in the 2 cans of crushed tomatoes. Stir in spice and 1/2-1 can of tomato paste. Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer for 1 hour.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze all of the water out. I use 1 and 3/4 packages of spinach--adjust to your taste. Mix ricotta and cottage cheese in a large bowl. Stir in spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto, and salt and pepper to taste. When you have the taste to your liking, stir in the egg. This will help keep the lasagna together, but you will not taste it in the final product.
- Layer as follows into a 9x13 pan: Drizzle a little sauce in the bottom. Top with noodles. Spread Spinach mix and cover with 1/3 of the mozzarella slices and 1/3 of the shredded cheese. Repeat two more times, ending with cheese on the very top. Sprinkle the top with a little oregano and black pepper for aesthetic appearance.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. This dish can be made in advance and cooked right before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441.4, Fat 30.1, SaturatedFat 15.2, Cholesterol 102.1, Sodium 988.8, Carbohydrate 15.2, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 6.7, Protein 29.7
This recipe I make brings the house down! it's so delicious--try it for yourself. I don't bother with 2 sauces, just 1. Cook it all together and wait with chilled white wine and some good tunes!! (I'm from the uk so I hope the measurements are correct--forgive me if I'm wrong!)
Provided by Ricky Henry-Davies
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Fry the onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
- Add all vegetables and cook 10 minutes.
- Add tinned tomatoes and sweet corn.
- Add crumbled blue cheese, pesto, capers, olives and sun dried tomatoes.
- Mix well --that's your sauce!
- Layer in a lasagna dish -- sauce, lasagna, sauce, lasagna, sauce and finish with grated cheese. Done in the oven 180c for around 30 minutes!
- Open the wine and turn on the tunes!
- Have fun -- .
GRILLED VEGETABLE AND TOFU "LASAGNA" WITH PESTO
To save time, grill and assemble this layered no-bake "lasagna" beforehand, and then serve it chilled or at room temperature. Cheese lovers can replace the grilled tofu with slices of fresh mozzarella.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Make the marinade: Heat oil, lemon zest, and garlic in a small saucepan until bubbling around the edges. Remove from heat, and let cool completely. Stir in lemon juice. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Make the pesto: Puree pine nuts and garlic in a food processor until a paste forms. Add basil, and pulse to combine. With machine running, pour in oil through feed tube until pureed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium. Assemble the "lasagna": Arrange tofu on a double layer of paper towels. Cover with another double layer of paper towels, then cover with a baking sheet. (Weigh it down with 2 cans or something else equally heavy.) Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush zucchini and squash slices with oil, and season with 2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill, flipping occasionally, until softened and slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Remove from grill. Whisk marinade, and drizzle half of it generously over zucchini and squash slices.
- Repeat with tofu and remaining marinade, flipping occasionally, until nicely charred, about 3 minutes. Let cool slightly. Slice tofu horizontally into 1/8-inch-thick sheets (they will be layered, so don't worry if they fall apart).
- Lay 3 slices each of zucchini and squash on a platter to form a 6 1/2-by-8-inch rectangle. Spread 3 tablespoons pesto over tops. Cover with a layer of tofu, and season with salt and pepper. Top with a layer of tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Top with 6 large basil leaves. Repeat layering twice (zucchini and squash, pesto, tofu, tomatoes, basil). Serve cold or at room temperature.
More about "veggie pesto lasagna recipes"
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA WITH BASIL PESTO AND RICOTTA - SIMPLY …
4.5/5 (26)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory Dinner, VegetarianCalories 246 per serving
- To make the tomato sauce, sauté the onion until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms and eggplant and cook until golden brown then add the garlic, tomatoes and herbs. Allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes then season to taste.
- In the meanwhile, combine the ricotta, cream and Parmesan in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- To assemble, add a bit of tomato sauce to the bottom of a casserole dish then top with a few lasagna sheets. Add a layer of ricotta and dollop on 2-3 teaspoons basil pesto. Scatter over some of the mozzarella then add a layer of tomato sauce. Reserve 1 cup of mozzarella for the top. Add another layer of pasta and continue to layer. Finish with a layer of sauce then cover with foil and place in the oven.
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA ROLLS WITH PESTO - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (15)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Dinner, EntreeCalories 706 per serving
SHERI'S PESTO VEGGIE LASAGNA | A BOUNTIFUL KITCHEN
ROASTED VEGETABLE PESTO LASAGNA | METRO.STYLE
BEST VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
ITALIAN PESTO LASAGNA - CREAMY, CHEESY & VEGETARIAN
RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY MEAL IDEAS | FOOD NETWORK
RAW LASAGNA WITH VEGGIE PESTO SLICE OF JESS
SKINNY VEGETABLE LASAGNA WITH TOMATO AND BASIL PESTO …
WHITE PESTO SPINACH LASAGNA. - HALF BAKED HARVEST
PESTO LASAGNA - ITALIAN RECIPES BY GIALLOZAFFERANO
PESTO LASAGNA (LASAGNA GENOVESE) - MRS JONES'S KITCHEN
FAST-AND-EASY PESTO LASAGNA RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
BEST VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
EASY VEGETARIAN SKILLET LASAGNA WITH KALE OLIVE PESTO
THREE-CHEESE PESTO LASAGNA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
PESTO LASAGNA [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN PLANET
PESTO LASAGNA WITH GREEN BEANS AND POTATOES - RECIPES FROM ITALY
VEGGIE-PESTO LASAGNA SOUP | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
HEALTHIER CREAMY PESTO LASAGNA (VEGETARIAN) | THE BATTER …
VEGETABLE LASAGNE RECIPE WITH PESTO | OLIVEMAGAZINE
PESTO SPINACH LASAGNA | VEGGIE EASY
GREEN PESTO & VEGGIE LASAGNA RECIPE - THISTLE
VEGETABLE PESTO LASAGNA – DR. RANIA DEMPSEY
VEGGIE PESTO LASAGNA - MEDITERRANEAN RECIPES
ASPARAGUS-PESTO LASAGNA RECIPE - VEGETARIAN TIMES
10 CLASSIC LASAGNA RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
VEGETABLE PESTO LASAGNA (NOW DAIRY-FREE!) – DR. RANIA DEMPSEY
VEGGIE PESTO LASAGNA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
EGGPLANT LASAGA RECIPE! - FEASTING AT HOME
VEGETABLE PESTO LASAGNA : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
AMAZING PESTO LASAGNA SKILLET - MOM'S DINNER
VEGGIE PESTO LASAGNA | MY VIVA INC.
VEGETARIAN LASAGNA RECIPES: 26 OF THE BEST VEGGIE & VEGAN …
LASAGNA AL PESTO - THREE OLIVES BRANCH
VEGETARIAN PESTO SPINACH LASAGNA ROLLS - A SIMPLE TWEAK
PESTO AND RICOTTA LASAGNA RECIPE - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
SAUTEED VEGETABLE & PESTO LASAGNA - BITE YOUR CRAVINGS
THIS 'ALFREDO' PESTO LASAGNA IS LOW-CARB AND VEGAN - SIMPLEMOST
VEGAN PESTO LASAGNA WITH TOFU RICOTTA - COZY PEACH KITCHEN
Vegetarian Pesto Lasagna: Dinner Party Tonight5K views-08:31
How to make Pesto Lasagne (Vegetarian Lasagna with Pesto sauce)31K views-03:20
Basil Pesto Lasagna20K views-04:16
How to Make Basil Pesto Lasagna [Vegetarian Lasagne Recipe]1K views-03:34
Pesto Chicken Alfredo Lasagna1.7K views-12:27
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is a Healthy Vegan pesto lasagna?A healthy vegan pesto lasagna made with tofu ricotta, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes. Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Add the lasagna noodles and cook until al dente. Drain then rinse with cold water. Set aside. Cut the zucchini and squash lengthwise into 8-10 slices using a knife or mandolin.
How do you mix ricotta and pesto for lasagna?In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, egg, sea salt, freshly ground pepper and 1/3 cup of water. Step 4 In an 8-inch-square baking dish, spread 1/4 cup of the ricotta, and top with 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping them a little. Spread half of the pesto over the noodles, then half of the ricotta.
How do you cook a vegetarian lasagne with spinach and peas?This vegetarian bake from reader Lucy Nanor is packed with spinach and peas along with creamy pesto and mascarpone sauce Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Place the pesto, half the mascarpone and 250ml water (or vegetable stock if you have some) in a pan. Heat and mix until smooth and bubbling.
What is the best vegan pesto recipe?An easy go to vegan pesto recipe I use is: 2 cups basil, 2 cups spinach, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, 3 cloves garlic, ½ teaspoon salt. Blend in a food processor and use right away.