CRUNCHY VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD
A Food and Wine magazine staff favorite! Leave the seeds in the serrano chile if you like the heat/spice!
Provided by LifeIsGood
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Stir together the sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, vinegar, water, chile and garlic until the sugar dissolves. Let stand for about 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the shallots and cook over med.-high to high heat, stirring, until golden (don't let them burn!) - about 4 minutes or so. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt. Let cool.
- In a big bowl, toss the cabbage, carrots, onion, cilantro, mint and chicken.
- Add the olive oil and dressing (the sugar, fish sauce, etc -- combination) and toss.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and shallots. Serve with the lime wedges.
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD
When I lived in Cleveland I would eat at a really good Vietnamese restaurant that had a dish I couldn't get enough of. Since I had it so frequently, I figured out the components and flavors and created my own easy-to-make version. Everyone who's tasted it loves it. -Erin Schillo, Northfield, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients; add chicken and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients., In a large skillet over medium-high heat, stir-fry half the chicken mixture for 4-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from pan; repeat with remaining chicken. Cool slightly., In a large bowl, combine cabbage, cilantro, carrots and chicken; toss to combine. Add peanuts and dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 743 calories, Fat 59g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 63mg cholesterol, Sodium 1068mg sodium, Carbohydrate 25g carbohydrate (12g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD
The dressing is what makes this salad! You don't have to adhere to the list of salad ingredients: put in whatever strikes your fancy. I usually grill up extra chicken breasts when we're having grilled chicken and use them to make up the salad for the next day.
Provided by J. Ko
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Thinly slice the grilled chicken breast. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, toss together cabbage, mint and cilantro. Place on a large platter. Top cabbage mixture with the onion, peppers, cucumber, carrots, and chicken. Drizzle with reserved dressing, garnish with peanuts and cilantro sprigs, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 213.4, Fat 13.9, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 12.6, Sodium 621.1, Carbohydrate 15.8, Fiber 3.6, Sugar 8.2, Protein 9.4
CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD
- Half fill a medium wok or deep frying pan with water, sprinkle in half of the fish sauce and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to a simmer, lower the chicken into the water and cover the pan with a lid. Simmer for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Lift the chicken out of the water and leave until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining fish sauce in a large bowl with the lime juice, sugar, pepper and chopped chilli. Tip in the cabbage, carrots and onion. Mix well.
- Shred the chicken and toss it into the salad with the herbs. Mix again, cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours (overnight is ideal).
- To make the nuoc cham sauce, pound the garlic, chillies and caster sugar to a paste using a pestle and mortar. Mix in the fish sauce, vinegar and 6 tbsp water. (It will keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.)
- To serve, toss the salad, taste and add more sugar, if you like. Scatter mint leaves on each plates, pile the salad on top and sprinkle with peanuts. Serve with individual bowls of nuoc cham sauce to pour over.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 20 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 8 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 22 grams protein, Sodium 4.98 milligram of sodium
More about "vietnamese crunchy chicken salad recipes"
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD - RECIPETIN EATS
5/5 (40)Category Salad MealCuisine Modern VietnameseCalories 440 per serving
CRUNCHY VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - ERIC BANH ...
5/5 Total Time 45 minsServings 4
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD - WWW.THESCRANLINE.COM
VIETNAMESE-STYLE CHICKEN SALAD - MARION'S KITCHEN
CRUNCHY VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD • FLAVOR FEED
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN AND CABBAGE SALAD RECIPE - THE ...
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - CHEW OUT LOUD
CHICKEN SALAD WITH CABBAGE AND VIETNAMESE MINT (GOI GA ...
VIETNAMESE SHREDDED CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
CRUNCHY VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST ...
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD – HANNAH ALWAYS HUNGRY
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE (GOI GA ... - A SPICY ...
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD (GOI GA BAP CAI) — VICKY PHAM
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
VIETNAMESE CRISPY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | DONAL SKEHAN ...
CRUNCHY VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD - VIETNAMESE RECIPES
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
VIETNAMESE CRISPY CHICKEN SALAD – CHICKEN THIGH RECIPES
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - QUICK FROM SCRATCH ...
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE - MASTERCOOK
SERVE THIS VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD AT YOUR NEXT ...
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD BOWL RECIPE - KITCHN
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD WITH CRUNCHY PEANUTS RECIPE ...
CHINESE CRUNCH SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD WITH CRISPY FRIED SHALLOTS - LANE ...
VIETNAMESE CRISPY CHICKEN SALAD - FOOD NETWORK
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN SALAD
VIETNAMESE CRISPY BRISKET SALAD RECIPE - BARBECUEBIBLE.COM
VIETNAMESE CRUNCHY CHICKEN RECIPE | THE CHICKEN WEBSITE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make Vietnamese chicken salad?Whisk together the lime juice, water, honey, fish sauce, and chili garlic sauce in a small bowl to make the dressing for the salad. When you are ready to serve the salad, pour the dressing over the top and toss it well. Get the Full (Printable) Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe.
Is Vietnamese chicken salad gluten-free?Crunchy Vietnamese Chicken Salad Recipe (Goi Ga) – A light and healthy chicken and cabbage salad that is gluten-free and paleo-friendly! I grew up in a city that has a significant Vietnamese population. Therefore, long before I had an appreciation for more popular international cuisines, I loved Vietnamese cuisine.
What to do with Vietnamese cold chicken salad (Goi GA)?Make a big bowl of Vietnamese Cold Chicken Salad (Goi Ga) on Monday and take it for lunch throughout the week. Or serve it as a light dinner any night of the week. You are going to love it!! This recipe is super easy and is full of flavor!
How do you cook chicken in Vietnamese cooking?Try more of our Vietnamese recipes including summer rolls, Banh Mi and a beef and mango salad. Put the chicken in a pan with the herb stalks and 1 garlic clove, bashed with the side of a knife. Cover with cold water, bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 15 minutes or until cooked through and tender.