WARM BLUE CHEESE & BEEF SALAD VINAIGRETTE
Crumbled blue cheese and a classic vinaigrette made with red wine vinegar and A.1. Steak Sauce give this warm beef salad its extraordinary flavor.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Whisk steak sauce, vinegar and oil until blended. Pour 1/4 over steak in shallow dish; turn to evenly coat both sides of steak. Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate, turning after 30 min.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Grill steak 6 min. on each side or until medium doneness (160ºF). Bring remaining steak sauce mixture to boil in saucepan on medium heat; simmer on low heat 1 min.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices. Toss salad greens with tomatoes, cucumbers and meat in large bowl. Add steak sauce mixture; toss to evenly coat. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Fat 12 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugar 3 g, Protein 16 g
ROMAINE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
- Place lettuce in a big bowl. Combine garlic, oregano, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl. Add oil to dressing in a slow stream and mix with a whisk or fork. Stir in blue cheese. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
HOW TO MAKE BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
While all types of blue cheese have a similarly salty, sweet, pungent flavor, each individual blue cheese has it's own distinct characteristics.
Provided by Jennifer Meier
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Simply put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth.
- When blended, the blue cheese will give this dressing a slightly blue hue. Don't worry-when you pour the dressing over lettuce the color will look closer to white or cream.
- This dressing will thicken when refrigerated; bring leftover dressing up to room temperature before using or at the very least, whisk it vigorously.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 150 kcal, Carbohydrate 0 g, Cholesterol 14 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 217 mg, Fat 15 g, ServingSize 6 servings, UnsaturatedFat 10 g
BALSAMIC BLEU CHEESE SALAD
- In a medium bowl, toss together the mixed greens, leaf lettuce, cheese and walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice. Pour over the salad mixture and toss well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 920.9 calories, Carbohydrate 14.6 g, Cholesterol 85.1 mg, Fat 84.4 g, Fiber 5 g, Protein 34.4 g, SaturatedFat 26.6 g, Sodium 1608.6 mg, Sugar 4 g
BEEF AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD
- In tightly covered container, shake dressing and Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide salad greens among 4 plates. Top with remaining ingredients. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Carbohydrate 7 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Fat 3, Fiber 3 g, Protein 21 g, SaturatedFat 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 490 mg, Sugar 4 g, TransFat 1/2 g
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
Even people who aren't big blue cheese fans have told me how much they enjoy this tangy dressing. It's refreshing and the flavors blend well, whether you serve it over lettuce or fresh spinach. -Erlene Cornelius, Spring City, Tennessee
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, 1/2 cup blue cheese, onion, mustard, garlic and salt. Cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream until dressing is thickened. Stir in the remaining blue cheese if desired. Serve over salad. Cover and refrigerate leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 122 calories, Fat 12g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 3mg cholesterol, Sodium 125mg sodium, Carbohydrate 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
This is a great dressing to have on hand to put on anything from a simple green salad to sliced tomatoes. I like to mix up a batch on Fridays to have on hand for the weekend. I found this recipe on the Epicurious website.
Provided by Hey Jude
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 1 1/4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat 1 T oil in a small, heavy skillet over medium heat; add garlic and saute until golden, about 1 minute.
- Transfer garlic mixture to a blender or food processor; add blue cheese, white wine vinegar, water, sugar, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and remaining 6 T of olive oil.
- Blend well.
- Transfer vinaigrette to a bowl; mix in chopped basil.
- Can be prepared 2 days ahead, cover and refrigerate.
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE FOR CHOPPED SALAD FOR ONE
- In a container with a lid, shake together vinegar, salt, pepper, and mustard. Add oil and blue cheese, and shake again until well combined.
TASTY BLUE CHEESE SALAD DRESSING
This is my husband's favorite dressing. Besides salads, he likes to use it as a dip for eating artichokes. It is easy to make and tasty.
Provided by Klantz
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Stir mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, lemon juice, sherry, and garlic salt together in a bowl. Fold blue cheese through the mixture.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250.6 calories, Carbohydrate 3.4 g, Cholesterol 30.4 mg, Fat 24.2 g, Protein 5.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.3 g, Sodium 489.9 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Slowly add extra-virgin olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Or shake the ingredients in a jar, or whirl them in a blender. Add crumbled blue cheese.
WARM BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE WITH FRESH MIXED GREENS
Now everyone has had a blue cheese dressing ... everyone has had a blue cheese vinaigrette ... everyone has had their classic salad. Well my version ... this is a simple quick and classic taste, but just a bit different. A warm vinaigrette. Fresh greens (I prefer a mix of spinach and romaine, but you can use your favorite. Don't worry, it works with any good greens.) Dole has a great European blend of Endive, Romaine, Iceberg, Spinach and Radicchio which I love. Then some sauteed onions and fresh tomatoes. A crunchy topping and you are set.
Provided by SarasotaCook
Categories Salad Dressings
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Onions -- In a small saute pan with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, saute the onion just 4-5 minutes until lightly brown but not carmalized. Just lightly sauteed. Add the olives and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and put in a large salad bowl along with the halved grape tomatoes.
- Make the dressing -- In that same saute pan, take 1 teaspoon from the vegetable or canola oil and heat on medium. Then add the garlic, shallot and cook just until slightly soft, 1 minute is all you need. Add the white wine, dijon mustard, vinegar, olive oil and seasoning and mix well, cook just another minute until it all comes together. Remove from the heat while you but put the salad together. The blue in the dressing will be added right at the end.
- Topping -- Add store bought croutons to a baggie and crunch up. Just hit it with a bowl, pot, meat mallet anything to crunch them up. Not too fine, just a bit. Can't get much easier.
- Greens -- Take your favorite greens and chop. Add to the bowl with the onions, tomato and olives.
- Dressing -- Add the pan with the vinaigrette back to the heat and just cook another minute to warm up, add the blue cheese crumbles and stir. Pour the warm vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Plate the warm salad and top with the crumbled croutons.
- Enjoy a very unique version of a classic salad.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 151.6, Fat 9, SaturatedFat 4.6, Cholesterol 16.9, Sodium 636.7, Carbohydrate 11.6, Fiber 2.1, Sugar 2, Protein 6.9
BLUE CHEESE POTATO SALAD
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and chop. leaving skins on.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, green onions, salt and pepper. Add the potatoes, bacon and cheese and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481.4 calories, Carbohydrate 36.8 g, Cholesterol 21.6 mg, Fat 34.4 g, Fiber 4.2 g, Protein 8.3 g, SaturatedFat 8 g, Sodium 552.1 mg, Sugar 2.7 g
WARM STEAK AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD
The best steakhouse in town? Your house! Especially when you're serving up innovative dishes like this Warm Steak and Blue Cheese Salad.
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings, about 3-1/2 cups each.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of the dressing in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat; cook 2 min., stirring constantly.
- Add peppers and onions; cook and stir 5 min. or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in remaining dressing.
- Place 2-1/2 cups of the greens on each of four salad plates. Top evenly with the meat mixture and cheese just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240, Fat 10 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 24 g
STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
- Season the steak with lots of pepper and a little salt. Cook on the barbecue or under the grill for 2-3 mins each side for medium-rare, or to your liking. Let sit for 10 mins, then cut into slices.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together the zest, juice, oil, tarragon, shallot, cheese and some salt and pepper.
- Cook the beans in boiling water until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain thoroughly.
- Divide the chicory leaves between two plates and top with the beans, walnuts and steak slices. Pour the dressing over the salad just before eating.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 5 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 24 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 5 grams protein, Sodium 0.42 milligram of sodium
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy small skillet over medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons minced garlic and sauté until golden, about 1 minute. Transfer garlic mixture to blender. Add blue cheese, white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon water, sugar, hot pepper sauce, salt, pepper and remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil; blend well. Transfer vinaigrette to bowl. Mix in chopped basil. (Vinaigrette can be prepared 2 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
More about "warm blue cheese beef salad vinaigrette recipes"
BEEF AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (1)Calories 266 per servingTotal Time 35 mins
- For vinaigrette, in a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper; cover and shake well. Trim fat from steak. Remove 1 tablespoon vinaigrette from jar and brush evenly onto both sides of the steak. Press thyme and rosemary onto both sides of the steak. Use a clean brush to coat both sides of onion slices with some of the remaining vinaigrette, reserving the rest; set aside.
- Preheat gas grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steak on the grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill until steak is desired doneness, turning once halfway through grilling. [Allow 20 to 24 minutes for medium rare (145 degrees F) or 24 to 28 minutes for medium (160 degrees F).] While the steak is grilling, add onion slices to grill. Cover and grill for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender, turning once halfway through grilling.
- Divide the mesclun among 4 dinner plates. To serve, thinly slice the steak across the grain. Separate onion slices into rings. Arrange warm steak slices and onion rings on top of mesclun. Drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Makes 4 servings.
CLASSIC STEAKHOUSE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE - CERTIFIED ANGUS BEEF
Cuisine AmericanServings 6
ROAST BEEF AND POTATO SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE ...
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
GRILLED ROMAINE & BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH WARM VINAIGRETTE — 2 …
ROAST BEEF SALAD WITH GOAT CHEESE AND BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
MUSHROOM BACON BLUE BURGER SALADS WITH WARM DIJON VINAIGRETTE.
BEEF AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
WARM STEAK HOUSE SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
BACON-BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH WHITE WINE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
CHOPPED SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE - LIVING LOU
BLUE CHEESE SALAD DRESSING - RECIPE GIRL
ROASTED BEETS AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH WALNUTS AND BALSAMIC …
ROAST BEEF AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD | DINNER TONIGHT
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE AKA GRANDMA’S SALAD DRESSING
BEST STEAK SALAD WITH CREAMY BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE BASIL VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | RECIPE ...
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
ROAST BEEF AND BLUE CHEESE SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
RECIPE: ARUGULA, PEAR & BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH WARM VINAIGRETTE
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
WARM STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE DRESSING - BORDBIA.IE
10 BEST STEAK SALAD BLUE CHEESE RECIPES - YUMMLY
BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES
GRILLED POTATO SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE - A FARMGIRL'S …
HEALTHY BLUE CHEESE SALAD
BEET & BLUE CHEESE SALAD RECIPE - NICOLAUS BALLA | FOOD & WINE
BACON BLUE CHEESE HOUSE SALAD WITH SWEET BASIL VINAIGRETTE
STEAK SALAD WITH BLUE CHEESE VINAIGRETTE - CECELIA'S GOOD STUFF
STEAK & BLUE CHEESE SALAD WITH GINGER BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
BEST EVER CHEF'S SALAD RECIPE WITH HOMEMADE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
You'll also love