WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE
This is a Southern vinegar barbeque sauce with a splash of ketchup. I transfer some of the sauce to a plastic squeeze bottle for serving, and keep the rest in a glass quart jar in the refrigerator. Be sure to let the sauce come to room temperature before serving (you can warm it in the microwave if you want.)
Provided by OGREUGLY
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the vinegar, sugar, ketchup, butter, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, mustard powder, salt, and pepper into a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Remove from the stove and pour into a heatproof bowl. Cover, and refrigerate the sauce for 2 days.
- Strain the sauce through a mesh sieve to remove the red pepper flakes. Store the sauce in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 57.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10 g, Cholesterol 3.8 mg, Fat 1.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 0.3 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 213.8 mg, Sugar 9.2 g
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE
I was searching for a western NC bbq sauce for some beef for my husband and there were none on here so I am posting this one. There are disputes about how western versus eastern NC bbq sauces are made. Some say no tomato based and some say add that ketchup! I don't really know, but this is good! Transfer some of the sauce to a plastic squeeze bottle for serving, and keep the rest in a glass quart jar in the refrigerator. I don't eat meat but love to dunk my toast in this. It's also good over grilled vegetables! I borrowed this from Allrecipes, submitted by Ogreugly.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 32 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place the vinegar, sugar, ketchup, butter, hot pepper sauce, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, mustard powder, salt, and pepper into a saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over high heat, and then reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer about 30 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove and pour into a heatproof bowl. Cover, and refrigerate the sauce for 2 days.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve to remove the red pepper flakes.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
- To serve, slow cook your meat (in whichever method you prefer). When done pull the meat with a fork (it should be so well cooked, it just falls off). Add sauce and toss to coat completely. Enjoy!
NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield about 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine the bacon, beef stock, cider vinegar, white vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, red pepper flakes, chile powder and 1 tablespoon salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low and simmer until the bacon renders its fat, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat; set aside to let the flavors develop, 20 minutes. Remove the bacon. Reheat the sauce before serving.
NORTH CAROLINA-STYLE BBQ SAUCE
Blending two vinegars helps re-create the BBQ sauce we love from my mother's North Carolina roots. - Gloria McKinley, Lakeland, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1-2/3 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until flavors are blended.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 26 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 179mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges
TANGY CAROLINA-STYLE BARBEQUE SAUCE
This sauce is thinner, more tangy and less rich than your typical southwestern-style sauce. There is no molasses or tomato-based products in this sauce. This sauce works great on ribs, pulled pork, and chicken.
Provided by Craig Carlson
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine yellow mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar, white sugar, water, vinegar, chili powder, black pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and soy sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until flavors blend, about 20 minutes. Add butter and liquid smoke flavoring and simmer for 10 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 61.3 calories, Carbohydrate 10.1 g, Cholesterol 3.4 mg, Fat 2.2 g, Fiber 0.7 g, Protein 0.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.9 g, Sodium 181.9 mg, Sugar 8.9 g
More about "western north carolina vinegar barbeque sauce recipes"
BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE: NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR SAUCE :: …
Servings 2Total Time 10 mins
- Place all of the ingredients in a small, non-reactive sauce pan and bring to a boil. Whisk until the sugar and salt is completely dissolved, remove from heat, and allow to cool to room temperature.
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE – STATE OF DINNER
Ratings 7Category CondimentsCuisine AmericanTotal Time 18 mins
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE | RECIPE | RECIPES ...
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR-AND-PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE
CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE (NECTAR OF THE SOUTH) - CHEF TARIQ
CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - NO SPOON NECESSARY
NORTH CAROLINA STYLE BBQ SAUCE RECIPES
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE RECIPE - TEXTCOOK
LEXINGTON DIP NORTH CAROLINA HILL COUNTRY BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
EAST CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE AND MOP RECIPE
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE - A SOUTHERN SOUL
THE SECRET TO NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE - GRILL MASTER UNIVERSITY
NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE, VINEGAR BASED - HEALTHY …
CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE BEST RECIPES
EAST CAROLINA MOP SAUCE RECIPE - GRILL STOVETOP - GRILLSEEKER
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE POPULAR RECIPES
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE ... RECIPE
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE - BBQ SAUCE …
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE RECIPES
VINEGAR BASED BBQ SAUCE RECIPE (CAROLINA STYLE) - VINDULGE
COLE COOKS: NORTH CAROLINA BBQ VINEGAR SAUCE RECIPE
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE .. RECIPE
WESTERN CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE - BIGOVEN
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE SAUCE | RECIPESTY
EASTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
10 BEST NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE VINEGAR RECIPES - YUMMLY
NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE BEST RECIPES
NORTH CAROLINA STYLE VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE
WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA BBQ SAUCE - LILLIE’S Q
NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - LEITE'S CULINARIA
VINEGAR AND TOMATO BARBEQUE SAUCE RECIPES
CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE RECIPE - CHILI PEPPER MADNESS
NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR SAUCE - BARBECUE TRICKS
BBQ SAUCE RECIPE: WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA VINEGAR BARBEQUE …
CAROLINA BBQ VINEGAR SAUCE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THE 9 BEST VINEGAR BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPES
WESTERN CAROLINA BARBECUE SAUCE RECIPE - SEAN BROCK | FOOD
CAROLINA VINEGAR BBQ SAUCE - HEY GRILL HEY
You'll also love