Recipe video above. Meatloaf is so much more than a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape. It should ooze with flavour, be moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced. And the caramelised glaze is the crowning glory!
Provided by Nagi
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Oil or spray a loaf tin. (Note 3)
- Glaze: Mix together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Meatloaf: Place breadcrumbs in a very large bowl. Grate over onion. Mix so the breadcrumbs are all wet. (Note 4)
- Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands. Form into a loaf shape, pinching together then smoothing over creases and cracks (helps prevent cracks during baking).
- Transfer into loaf tin. Brush generously with glaze, using about 1/2.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with most of the remaining glaze. If there is excess fat pooling, scoop/pour it off.
- Bake for a further 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Stand for 10 minutes before turning out and cutting into thick slices. You will probably get a bit of crumbling just on the edges of the first couple of slices, this is normal and indicative of the tenderness of the meatloaf (zero crumble indicates firm packed harder meatloaf which isn't as enjoyable!).
- Ideal served with a dollop of ketchup, creamy mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 179 g, Calories 404 kcal, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 24 g, Fat 26 g, SaturatedFat 10 g, Cholesterol 129 mg, Sodium 607 mg, Sugar 7 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 9x5-inch loaf pan, or form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 372.1 calories, Carbohydrate 18.5 g, Cholesterol 98 mg, Fat 24.7 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 18.2 g, SaturatedFat 9.9 g, Sodium 334.6 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
TOP RATED CLASSIC MEATLOAF
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
Provided by Rosemary Chapman
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 Meatloaf, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add the onions, thyme, salt, and pepper and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not brown. Off the heat, add the Worcestershire sauce, chicken stock, and tomato paste. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chuck, onion mixture, bread crumbs, and eggs, and mix lightly with a fork. Don't mash or the meat loaf will be dense. Shape the mixture into a rectangular loaf on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Spread the ketchup evenly on top. Bake for 1 to 1 1/4 hours, until the internal temperature is 160 degrees F and the meat loaf is cooked through. (A pan of hot water in the oven, under the meat loaf, will keep the top from cracking.) Serve hot.
Good meatloaf is about as comforting as comfort food gets. Thankfully, meatloaf doesn't have to be complex to be good. It just needs to be tender (from breadcrumbs soaked in milk and gentle handling) and flavorful (from onion, garlic, and ketchup).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).
- Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 464 g, Fat 33 g, Protein 29 g
My daughter hated meat loaf until I made this recipe adapted from other recipes I have read. Now she wants it once a week. I think it is the sweet topping that made the difference.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Combine eggs, milk, and Worcestershire.
- Stir in crumbs, onion, parsley, salt, pepper, sage, chili powder, and garlic powder.
- Add beef and mix well using wet hands; place in a 8x4x2 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350F oven for 1 1/4 hours; drain off any excess fat.
- Mix together catchup, brown sugar, and mustard; spread over meat and return to oven for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304.2, Fat 14.8, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 140, Sodium 696.6, Carbohydrate 14, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 4.8, Protein 27.6
MOM'S MEAT LOAF
Mom made the best meatloaf, and now I do, too. When I first met my husband, he didn't care for homemade meatloaf, but this won him over. -Michelle Beran, Claflin, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into an 8x4-in. loaf in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan., In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve sugar; remove 1/2 cup for sauce. Spread remaining mixture over meat loaf., Bake 60-65 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 366 calories, Fat 12g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 135mg cholesterol, Sodium 1092mg sodium, Carbohydrate 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 26g protein.
When it's comfort that you seek, nothing satisfies quite like a classic meatloaf. And if you don't have a go-to recipe, we offer you this one. It skips any fussy steps and avoids exotic ingredients. This is pure and simple, the perfectly seasoned, down-home version you remember from way way back. So next time you're missing mama's cooking or need a meal that'll go over well with the whole fam, turn to this can't-miss recipe.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix Meatloaf ingredients well. Press mixture in ungreased 8x4-inch loaf pan. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270, Carbohydrate 23 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Fiber 1 g, Protein 19 g, SaturatedFat 4 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 470 mg, Sugar 9 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "meatloaf recipes"
21 MEATLOAF RECIPES | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE 2022 ️ - JOJO RECIPES
MEATLOAF RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE EASY MEATLOAF
MEATLOAF RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
MEATLOAF RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH THE BEST GLAZE - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
10 BEST WORLDS BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | YUMMLY
11 MUST-TRY MEATLOAF RECIPES | SOUTHERN LIVING
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE…JUST LIKE MOM USED TO MAKE.
CLASSIC BEEF MEATLOAF - BEEF - IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER
MOMMA'S MEATLOAF - THE STAY AT HOME CHEF
THE BEST EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - VALENTINA'S CORNER
OLD-FASHIONED, CLASSIC MEATLOAF OR BASIC MEAT LOAF RECIPE
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER MINCE RECIPES
MEATLOAF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
11 MEATLOAF RECIPES THAT WILL HELP YOU WIN AT FAMILY DINNERS
THE MEATLOAF RECIPE THAT’LL TURN YOU INTO A MEATLOAF LOVER
HEALTHY MEATLOAF RECIPES | EATINGWELL
27 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES AND PREP TIPS - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE (SECRET INGREDIENT!) - SIMPLY RECIPES
EASY MEATLOAF RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
CRACKER BARREL MEATLOAF RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
21 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE BEST MEATLOAF
MEATLOAF RECIPES | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
EASY CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MEATLOAF - CAFE DELITES
OUR 31 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | MYRECIPES
MEATLOAF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
THE BEST MEATLOAF RECIPE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - I WASH YOU DRY
16 BEST LEFTOVER MEATLOAF RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
THE BEST OLD FASHIONED MEATLOAF RECIPE YOU WILL EVER EAT
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | MCCORMICK
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
10 BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF GROUND BEEF RECIPES | YUMMLY
GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
MEATLOAF RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beef #american #oven #holiday-event #dietary #inexpensive #ground-beef #meat #kwanzaa #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love