MEXICAN WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR TORTILLAS
I learned this recipe from watching my mom in Mexico, however, nobody (not even my mom) knows how much of every ingredient you are supposed to use, so I experimented with different amounts of ingredients and came up with this one, which is pretty good and not so loaded with fat. This is great to do with kids on the weekend, and something you can enjoy anytime!
Provided by Claudia
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour, the whole wheat flour, and salt. Rub in the shortening by hand until the mixture is the texture of oatmeal. Make a well in the center, and pour in the boiling water. Mix with a fork until all of the water is evenly incorporated. Sprinkle with a bit of additional flour, and knead until the dough does not stick to your fingers. The dough should be smooth.
- Make balls the size of golf balls, about 2 ounces each. Place them on a tray, and cover with a cloth. Let stand for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over high heat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out a tortilla to your preferred thinness. Fry one at a time. Place on the griddle for 10 seconds, as soon as you see a bubble on the top, flip the tortilla over. Let it cook for about 30 seconds, then flip and cook the other side for another 30 seconds. Roll out the next tortilla while you wait for that one to cook. Repeat until all of the balls have been cooked. Tortillas can be refrigerated or frozen.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 178.7 calories, Carbohydrate 27.3 g, Fat 6.3 g, Fiber 3.5 g, Protein 4.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 260.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
EASY WHEAT TORTILLAS
Light blend of whole wheat and all-purpose flours make a light, lower fat, and easy alternative to a basic flour tortilla. This recipe came together one afternoon when I ran out of tortillas midway through a dish I was making. The family enjoyed them so much, I will make them from scratch from now on.
Provided by Momster
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Beat butter in a bowl in a stand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, and salt together in a bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to butter and beat using the paddle attachment. Add just enough cold water to mixture until dough pulls away from the side of bowl.
- Form dough into 3-inch balls and flatten each with a press or between 2 small plates covered in plastic wrap.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and cook dough until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.6 calories, Carbohydrate 18.3 g, Cholesterol 24.4 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 5.9 g, Sodium 182.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS
From William Davis, MD's book, Wheat Belly Cookbook. He says, "These simple tortillas provide the starting place for endless variations: Mexican tortillas filled with sautéed poblano chile peppers and bell peppers, Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and salsa; Asian wraps with chicken, scallions, shredded fresh ginger, and hoisin sauce or Asian dipping sauce; and Mediterranean wraps filled with spinach, sliced olives and avocado, and feta cheese, drizzled with olive oil.... Tortillas and wraps are, of course, portable and are therefore useful to pack for lunches." Per serving: 205 calories, 11 g protein, 10 g carbohydrates, 16 g total fat, 1 g saturated fat, 9 g fiber, 136 mg sodium.
Provided by mersaydees
Yield 4 tortillas
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Add flaxseeds, almond meal/flour, and salt to a medium bowl and whisk together. Whisk in the eggs just until combined. Divide the dough into 4 equal balls.
- Using 2 pieces of parchment paper, roll each ball between pieces until 6" round. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, or until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 294.2, Fat 23, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 93, Sodium 193.5, Carbohydrate 13.6, Fiber 12.2, Sugar 1, Protein 12.1
HONEY WHEAT TORTILLAS
Yes, once again I've composed a recipe that recreates those same pricey flavored tortillas you can buy in the store- for less the cost, slightly less the calories.
Provided by Pajene
Yield 5 tortillas, 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- In a cup, microwave water, butter and honey for a 30 seconds (enough to melt butter).
- In a bowl measure out your flour.
- Pour water mixture over flour and mix with rubber spatula
- Knead with hands. If dough is too dry add a little water, if too wet add a little flour. (however this shouldn't be necessary).
- Dough should form about 5 small balls. Set each one in the bowl.
- Cover with a damp cloth/ paper towel.
- Let rest 10 minutes.
- One by one, flatten each ball between your palms then set it on wax paper and roll out your tortillas as thin as you can.
- Heat up your griddle or skillet over low heat. Do not grease.
- Carefully peel your tortilla from the paper and place into hot skillet.
- Let sit in skillet for 2-5 seconds, then begin to flip repeatedly to prevent burning. Allowing about 5-8 seconds per side until dough becomes dull in color and small golden bubbles appear on the tortilla - this means they are ready!
- Remove from heat and enjoy them warm or let them cool.
- They can be refrigerator stored in air tight bag - Ready to use for all your favorite snack wrap combination. (If tortillas seem too stiff taken straight out of refrigerator, they can be microwaved for a few seconds to soften them again).
More about "wheat belly tortillas recipes"
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL RECIPE …
WHEAT BELLY FLAXSEED WRAP RECIPE | SPARKRECIPES
WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS RECIPE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER …
HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS — BLESS THIS MESS
GRAIN FREE TORTILLAS (PALEO, NUT FREE, CLEAN EATING) - A …
WHEAT BELLY BREAD: GLUTEN FREE BREAD RECIPES FOR YOUR WHEAT BELLY …
Reviews 6Format Kindle EditionAuthor Celia Cook
870 WHEAT BELLY RECIPES IDEAS IN 2021 | RECIPES, WHEAT BELLY …
868 pins22 followers
WHEAT AND CORN TORTILLAS RECIPES (44) - SUPERCOOK
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | WHEAT BELLY DIET ...
MY ABUELA'S WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR TORTILLAS « DORA'S TABLE
4-INGREDIENT HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS • THE HEALTHY TOAST
WHEAT BELLY: WHEAT BELLY RECIPES - SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS WHEAT …
WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS RECIPE - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
RECIPE FOR TORTILLAS WITH WHEAT FLOUR — MY SWEET RECIPES
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS RECIPE – FOOD.COM – NEUREZEPT
21 BEST GLUTEN FREE TORTILLA RECIPE GLUTEN FREE TORTILLAS IDEAS ...
WHEAT BELLY - DR. WILLIAM DAVIS
HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS - EASY, QUICK, & HEALTHY!
WHEAT BELLY, WHEAT BELLY DIET, WHEAT BELLY RECIPES - PINTEREST
GLUTEN-FREE, GRAIN-FREE CASSAVA TORTILLAS - WHEAT BY THE WAYSIDE
WHEAT BELLY RECIPES ONLINE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLA | HOMEMADE FLOUR TORTILLA - TOMATO BLUES
15 WHEAT BELLY TORTILLA RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS - BAREFEET IN THE KITCHEN
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS - BIGOVEN.COM
BEST WHEAT BELLY COOKBOOK RECIPES | KEEPRECIPES: YOUR UNIVERSAL …
WHEAT BELLY DIET PLAN, BEST FOODS AND TIPS FOR FOLLOWING
HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS - THE CONSCIENTIOUS EATER
WHEAT BELLY MEXICAN TORTILLA SOUP RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
EASY VEGAN WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLA RECIPE - HAPPY HEALTHY MOTIVATED
WHEAT BELLY TORTILLAS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | ALMOND RECIPES ...
EASY HOMEMADE FLOUR TORTILLAS - WHITE OR WHEAT - RESTLESS CHIPOTLE
HOMEMADE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS - GIMME DELICIOUS
#weeknight #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #5-ingredients-or-less #flat-shapes #breads #mexican #easy #vegetarian #dietary #gluten-free #high-fiber #high-protein #free-of-something #high-in-something #from-scratch
Tortilla Chips - Wheat, Grain and Sugar Free. Wheat Belly1K views-02:14
Soft Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla Recipe139K views-17:56
How to Make Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas17K views-08:53
Whole Wheat Tortillas21K views-05:15
Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas85K views-10:04
Video Recipe: How to Make Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas by Archana's Kitchen94K views-02:27
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make whole wheat tortillas at home?My rustic and hearty Whole Wheat Tortillas recipe is an absolute staple in my house, from breakfast burritos to wraps and so much more! In your stand mixer bowl (or any other large bowl), mix the flours, baking powder and salt together.
What is a whole wheat tortilla made of?Made with whole wheat flour and olive oil, these whole wheat tortillas are high in fiber and free of preservatives. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, and salt. Slowly stir in water until combined.
Can You Make Whole Wheat tortillas with applesauce?Made using applesauce instead of some of the oil, these Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas are a delicious, yet lightened up version of your favorite wrap! Combine the whole wheat flour, olive oil, applesauce and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.
Are whole wheat tortillas healthy?The nutty whole wheat balances out the sweet caramel perfectly and brings them to a whole new level. These homemade tortillas are super healthy thanks to the fact that they're whole-wheat. Plus, they're really quick and easy to make! In a large bowl, combine together both flours, olive oil, baking powder, and sea salt.