Gorditas are similar to pita pockets but much heartier! Can be stuffed with just about anything! I make them with a mixture of corn masa mix and all-purpose flour.
Provided by Diana CakeLady Rangel
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large bowl, stir together the masa harina, salt and hot water. Gradually mix in the shortening and flour. If the dough seems dry, add a little more hot water. Form the dough into balls that will fit into the palm of your hand.
- Line a work surface with waxed paper or plastic. Sprinkle with water. Flatten balls on the wet surface until about 1/4 inch thick.
- Heat a griddle or comal over medium heat. Cook the gorditas on each side until they are cooked through.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Fry each gordita until puffed, pressing it down into the oil occasionally with a spatula. Drain briefly on paper towels, cut the tips off and stuff full of your favorite foods.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 196.5 calories, Carbohydrate 30.4 g, Fat 6.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 3.9 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 390.1 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
COPYCAT TACO BELL CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH
When you're hungry a flatbread filled with cheese, cuddling the outside of a crispy taco, sounds like heaven. It is. Thank you Taco Be
Provided by EmKenBken
Yield 8 Gorditas, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Make Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, reserving 21/2 cups for Gorditas.
- Make Spicy Ranch:.
- In a small bowl, stir together Copycat Taco Bell Spicy Ranch ingredients, chill, covered until ready to use.
- Heat oven to 400°F Using kitchen shears trim soft tortillas so they are 5 1/2 inches in diameter.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, top each tortilla with 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Cook tortillas until cheese has melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Moving quickly, place a crunchy taco on top of each baked tortilla (only covering half), pressing gently to adhere cheese. Flip tacos with a spatula to adhere cheese to the other side of the taco shells.
- Dividing evenly, fill Cheesy Gordita Crunch shells with Copycat Taco Bell Seasoned Beef, lettuce, cheese, and Copycat Taco Bell Spicy Ranch Sauce.
More about "where to buy gordita shells recipes"
HOW TO MAKE GORDITAS - THRIFT AND SPICE
Ratings 38Calories 104 per servingCategory Main Course
- Flatten the balls one at a time using a tortilla press or a heavy bottomed pot and 2 squares of plastic such as a ziploc bag cut down the sides. Don't flatten too much. It should be thicker than a tortilla.
- Heat up enough oil for frying in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot fry the gorditas one at a time. Once the gordita puffs turn to the other side and continue to fry until it turns a nice golden color.
GORDITA FLATBREAD – SOFT FLATBREAD TACO SHELL - KONTOS …
Case Cube 0.89Shelf Life Frozen 1 YearNet Weight 7.39 Lbs.Shelf Life Refrigerated 45 days
OLD EL PASO GORDITA DINNER KIT 19.2 OZ BOX (PACK OF 6)
DON PANCHO GORDITAS 10" FLOUR TORTILLAS, 30 CT
SOPES - MEXGROCER
MEXICAN GORDITAS (FRIED STUFFED CORN CAKES) RECIPE
WATCH: HOW TO MAKE GORDITAS AT HOME | EPICURIOUS
ROMERO'S GORDITA FAMILY PACK FLOUR HOMEMADE STYLE TORTILLAS, 39 …
HOW TO MAKE TACO BELL'S CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH AT HOME
HOW TO MAKE GORDITA SHELLS | EHOW
POTATO GORDITAS « DORA'S TABLE
THE MEXICAN GORDITA: WHAT IS IT EXACTLY? - BACKYARD TACO
GORDITA SHELLS RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
10 MINUTE HOMEMADE CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH - MIDWEST FOODIE
WHAT IS TACO BELL’S GORDITA MADE OF? I.E. WHAT’S CLOSEST …
TACO BELL GORDITA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
TACO BELL CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH COPYCAT - KITCHEN DIVAS
CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH RECIPE - BLOGCHEF - PINTEREST
CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH RECIPE TACO BELL - COOKING MADE EASY
WHERE TO BUY CHALUPA SHELLS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
LEARN HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE GORDITAS AND SOPES - FOOD …
GORDITAS RECIPE | MEXICAN PLEASE
GORDITA SHELL RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ADAM'S GORDITAS - SHOP TORTILLAS AT H-E-B
HOW TO MAKE GORDITAS - THE TORTILLA CHANNEL
CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH WRAPS - EGGLIFE
EVER WONDERED HOW TO MAKE GORDITAS WITH MASECA? - JUST …
HOW TO MAKE GORDITAS (MEXICAN GORDITAS RECIPE) DELICIOUS!
IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY A PACKAGE OF GORDITA SHELLS FROM TACO BELL?
GORDITAS | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH RECIPE - WONKYWONDERFUL
QUICK ANSWER: WHERE CAN YOU BUY CHALUPA SHELLS
GORDITA SAUCE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH COPYCAT RECIPE - THE GIRL ON BLOOR
WHERE TO BUY MINI TACO SHELLS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST
ISABEL EATS - EASY MEXICAN RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE GORDITAS + VIDEO - MAMá MAGGIE'S KITCHEN
GORDITAS - HILAH COOKING
MANICOTTI SHELLS WHERE TO BUY RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
GORDITA CRUNCH - ZHEELICIOUS TACO BELL COPYCAT GORDITA CRUNCH
TACO BELL’S CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH MADE KINDA HEALTHY
CHEESY GORDITA CRUNCH COPYCAT | FODY FOOD CO.
FRIED (PUFFED-UP) GORDITAS, MEXICAN RECIPE, HOW TO MEXICAN FOOD
TIPS ON WHERE TO BUY GORDITA SHELLS - JUST MEXICAN FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make homemade gordita shells?Homemade gordita shells have a fresh flavor unrivaled by packaged shells. The key ingredient is prepared masa dough, which you can find in the refrigerated section of Latin or specialty markets. Combine masa dough, salt and baking soda, using 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon baking powder for each 1 pound of masa.
Can You Make your own gorditas?You may have had the experience of going to a taco place that makes big tacos and walking out asking yourself where would be a good place to buy tasty gordita shells. You have the idea that you can make your own version of the world-famous gorditas.
How to cook gorditas in a skillet?Directions. Cook the gorditas on each side until they are cooked through. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Fry each gordita until puffed, pressing it down into the oil occasionally with a spatula. Drain briefly on paper towels, cut the tips off and stuff full of your favorite foods.
What does a gordita shell taste like?The distinctive texture of gorditas, with their chewy interiors and crunchy exteriors, comes from the cooking method used to make them. Once cooked, the shells can be split open like a pita pocket and filled with meats or vegetables as you would a sandwich.