WHITE BEAN SPREAD WITH GARLIC & ROSEMARY
- Place olive oil, garlic and rosemary in a 10-inch skillet. Heat pan until ingredients start to sizzle. Add beans and their liquid to the pan. As beans cook, mash them with a wooden spoon or potato masher. Cook until mixture is a loose spread consistency (it will thicken as it cools). Transfer to a serving bowl or storage container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48.2 calories, Carbohydrate 6.2 g, Fat 1.8 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 1.5 mg, Sugar 0.1 g
ROASTED GARLIC AND WHITE BEAN DIP WITH ROSEMARY
The idea of adding a whole head of garlic to a dip might scare you, but compared to its bracing raw counterpart, roasted garlic is sweet and mellow. This dip is garnished with a sprig of sizzled rosemary that's for more than just looks: Frying the herb infuses the olive oil with its fragrance. Spoon the remainder over your finished bowl for a hit of rosemary you wouldn't get with just the minced leaves, then scoop it up with warm pita, cucumber spears, and carrot sticks.
Provided by Sarah Jampel
Categories snack, dips and spreads, appetizer
Yield 8 to 10 servings (2 1/2 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Roast the garlic: Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Peel off most of the garlic's outermost skin but leave the whole head intact. Trim about 1/4 inch off the top of the garlic to expose the cloves. Place the garlic on a large piece of aluminum foil, then drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil over the exposed cloves and close the foil into a pouch. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until you can pierce the center of the head with a knife. Let cool slightly.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the bowl of a food processor. Add the white beans, 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary leaves, black pepper, cayenne (if using), hot water and salt. Purée until smooth, then taste for salt, pepper, rosemary and lemon juice. Adjust as necessary. Transfer to a serving dish.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the remaining rosemary sprig - it should sizzle. Cook until brown and crisp, flipping once, about 1 minute per side, then transfer to the top of the dip as a garnish. Pour or spoon the remaining olive oil, now infused with rosemary, over the top of the dip. Sprinkle with cayenne for a little additional heat.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 117, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 7 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 382 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams
WHITE BEANS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
- Soak overnight in 4 cups water: 1 cup dried white beans (cannellini, white runner, Great Northern, navy, and so on).
- Drain and transfer to a heavy pot. Add water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and skim off any foam. Simmer gently for 2 hours or so, until the beans are tender. Add more water if necessary during the cooking. Season to taste with: Salt.
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan or skillet, warm over low heat: 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add: 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped rosemary leaves.
- Cook just until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes. Stir into the beans, taste for salt, and adjust as needed. Let the dish sit for a few minutes before serving to allow the flavors to marry.
- Leaves of either sage or winter or summer savory are delicious substitutes for rosemary.
WHITE BEANS AND ROSEMARY CROSTINI
- Heat a fireplace to medium heat. Adjust the grill racks over the flame and heat a heavy Dutch oven over the rack. Alternatively, heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the oil to the saucepan. Add the pancetta and render some of its fat. Add the rosemary and garlic, and saute until fragrant. Stir in the beans, lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Mash the beans with the back of a wooden spoon. Don't mash them all smooth, you want some texture.
- Toast the baguette slices. Serve the beans on top of the toasted baguette. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.
GREEN BEANS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
- Pulse the bread in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the bread, 1 teaspoon rosemary, the red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bread is golden brown, about 10 minutes; transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, about 6 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and blot dry with paper towels. (You can refrigerate the green beans, covered, for up to 4 hours; keep the bread mixture at room temperature.)
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil and the garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until the garlic is lightly golden, about 3 minutes, adding the remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary during the last 30 seconds. Add the green beans and lemon zest; cook, stirring, until coated. Season with salt and pepper and stir in the bread mixture.
WHITE BEANS WITH CARROTS AND ROASTED GARLIC
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Stir in the beans and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so the liquid simmers. Add the rosemary and thyme. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Stir the carrots and roasted garlic cloves into the beans and continue cooking until the beans and the carrots are soft, about 30 minutes longer. Drain the beans and remove the herb stems. Season with the salt and pepper to taste. Divide among 4 plates and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 130, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 24 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 6 grams, Protein 6 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 875 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams
ROSEMARY WHITE BEANS
- Cover the beans with cold water and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- They will double in size so use a lot of water.
- Heat the bacon in a large pot over medium heat, until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crisp, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook 8-10 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Then add the chicken stock and water til simmering.
- Drain beans of their water and add to pot.
- Cook on medium heat until soft, about 1 1/2 hours.
- There will be just enough liquid in the pot so it is frothy-- if necessary turn up the heat to reduce the liquid.
- Stir in the rosemary and butter, and season to taste before serving.
WHITE BEANS WITH LEMON, GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
This is my favorite recipe for 2007. Use it as a side dish first and then blend it up and use it as a dip. It keeps well for a week in the fridge. This recipe is an adaption of a Fine Cooking offering.
Provided by Karens Krazy Kitchen
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small pan, combine the rosemary sprigs, olive oil and garlic.
- Heat to a sizzle and turn off. (about 4 minutes).
- Let sit for at least one hour.
- Discard the rosemary.
- Process the oil, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice.
- Combine the marinade with the beans and chopped parsley in a medium bowl.
- Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
- Bring to room temp before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 393.9, Fat 17.5, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 23.6, Sodium 282.8, Carbohydrate 42.5, Fiber 9.3, Sugar 1.1, Protein 19.8
More about "white beans with rosemary and garlic recipes"
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC WHITE BEANS - GOOD IN THE SIMPLE
4.8/5 (32)Total Time 25 minsCategory Side DishCalories 159 per serving
- Coat the bottom of a saucepan in a thin layer of olive oil. Add shallots and cook for several minutes, until soft.
- Add beans and broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until the liquid begins to thicken.
WHITE BEANS WITH ROSEMARY & GARLIC - ZOUP! GOOD, …
Servings 4Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Side DishTotal Time 6 hrs
- Add the beans, Zoup! Good, Really Good® Veggie Broth, garlic, rosemary, and onion to a Crockpot. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours or until beans are tender. Depending on how soupy you like your beans, you may want to add more Zoup! Good, Really Good® Veggie Broth.
- Once the beans are finished, serve in a bowl and garnish with olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary and salt and pepper.
WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - RECIPE30
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
ROSEMARY AND ROASTED GARLIC WHITE BEAN SOUP
COPYCAT ZOE’S BRAISED WHITE BEANS WITH ROSEMARY
CRISPY WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - BETTER …
CANNELLINI BEANS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC | TESCO REAL FOOD
WHITE BEANS RECIPE WITH ROSEMARY AND THYME | THE COZY …
WHITE BEANS WITH LEMON AND ROSEMARY | WILLIAMS …
WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC & ROSEMARY | TASTY KITCHEN: A …
WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC, LEMON & PARMESAN - RECIPE
EASY ROSEMARY GARLIC WHITE BEAN SOUP - BUDGET BYTES
GREAT NORTHERN BEANS WITH ROSEMARY AND ROASTED …
WHITE BEAN BRUSCHETTA - INQUIRING CHEF
ROASTED GARLIC AND ROSEMARY WHITE BEAN DIP - SIMPLY SCRATCH
ROSEMARY AND LEMON WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
HEARTY WHITE BEAN AND SPINACH SOUP WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC …
EASY CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
ROSEMARY GARLIC WHITE BEAN SOUP - THERESCIPES.INFO
HOW TO MAKE RUSTIC WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC & ROSEMARY
ROSEMARY GARLIC WHITE BEANS (ZOE'S KITCHEN COPYCAT RECIPE)
WARM WHITE BEAN SALAD WITH FRAGRANT GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
VEGAN WHITE BEAN SOUP WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC - SKINNY SPATULA
INSTANT POT WHITE BEANS WITH ROSEMARY & GARLIC
WHITE BEANS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC - THERE'S ALWAYS PIZZA
BEST WHITE BEANS WITH ROSEMARY AND THYME RECIPE - HOW TO …
WHITE BEAN MASH WITH ROSEMARY AND LEMON - INSIDE THE RUSTIC …
ROSEMARY-GARLIC LAMB WITH WHITE BEANS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HUNGRY COUPLE: WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY
RACHAEL RAY'S CRISPY-SKIN BRANZINO WITH BROWN BUTTER & CAPER …
PASTA AND WHITE BEANS WITH GARLIC-ROSEMARY OIL - SMITTEN KITCHEN
WHITE BEAN STEW WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC - THE FOOD POET
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC WHITE BEAN DIP RECIPE | MYRECIPES
TASTE TEST: SLOW COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE RECIPE WITH CHICKEN …
STEWY WHITE BEANS WITH ESCAROLE, GARLIC, AND SIZZLED ROSEMARY
RECIPE CANNELLINI BEAN SOUP : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC WHITE BEANS - MY ROI LIST
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you roast white beans with garlic oil and Rosemary?When roasted with garlic oil and fresh rosemary, a can of white beans becomes a can't-stop-munching crunchy snack. Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread beans on a tray lined with paper towels; pat dry. For garlic oil: In a small saucepan warm olive oil and garlic over medium-low 10 to 12 minutes or until simmering and aromatic and garlic starts to brown.
How to make rosemary garlic white bean soup?This incredibly easy Rosemary Garlic White Bean Soup takes only eight simple ingredients to deliver a bowl full of rich, bold flavor. Before you begin, pour one of the cans of cannellini beans (with its liquid) into a blender and purée until smooth. Drain the other two cans of beans. Mince the garlic and add it to a soup pot with the olive oil.
How to cook garlic and white beans in a food processor?Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves into the bowl of a food processor. Add the white beans, 4 tablespoons olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary leaves, black pepper, cayenne (if using), hot water and salt. Purée until smooth, then taste for salt, pepper, rosemary and lemon juice.
How do you make beans with garlic and garlic oil?For garlic oil: In a small saucepan warm olive oil and garlic over medium-low 10 to 12 minutes or until simmering and aromatic and garlic starts to brown. Remove garlic with a slotted spoon; discard. In a medium bowl combine beans, rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss with garlic oil. Arrange beans in a single layer in a 15x10-inch baking pan.