EASY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
This is a great 'guy' recipe, because you simply mix, assemble, top and bake; and it's a big hit on the table. It doesn't require lots of prep work, just a minimum of measuring of ingredients found in any grocery store. She will think you slaved all afternoon!
Provided by LARANEFF
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly spray an 8x8-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Stir together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and salsa until blended. Fold in chicken and shredded cheese. Spread a small amount of white cheese sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish. Evenly divide the filling among the tortillas, and roll into firm cylinders. Place into prepared baking dish and cover with remaining sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 625.1 calories, Carbohydrate 36.7 g, Cholesterol 137.6 mg, Fat 37.4 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 21.3 g, Sodium 1588.2 mg, Sugar 5.2 g
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
These enchiladas freeze beautifully and are fast to make. I like cooking the chicken breasts in my Instant Pot®, although a rotisserie chicken can be used for even faster recipe prep.
Provided by thedailygourmet
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Place chicken breasts, water, and onion in a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Close and lock the lid. Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 30 minutes. Allow 10 to 15 minutes for pressure to build.
- Release pressure carefully using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Drain off water. Shred chicken using 2 forks. Mix in green chiles.
- Combine chicken mixture with Monterey Jack cheese. Spoon some of the chicken filling into the middle of each tortilla and roll up tightly. Grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish; arrange filled tortillas in the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Add water, chicken stock concentrate, and cumin; whisk until smooth. Cook over medium heat until thick and bubbly, about 5 minutes. Stir in Greek yogurt, pepper Jack cheese, and Monterey Jack cheese. Do not boil, as yogurt may curdle.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas in the casserole dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheeses melt, about 22 minutes. Broil on high until top browns, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 364.8 calories, Carbohydrate 21.4 g, Cholesterol 88.7 mg, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 27.7 g, SaturatedFat 10.2 g, Sodium 475.1 mg, Sugar 2.5 g
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter, stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Heat over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in sour cream and chilies. Do not bring to boil, you don't want curdled sour cream.
- Pour over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 22 min and then under high broil for 3 min to brown the cheese.
- *side note - the sauce doesn't freeze very well, so if you're making them ahead of time. Just make and freeze the Enchiladas. Make the sauce the day of.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 452.6, Fat 29.1, SaturatedFat 16.3, Cholesterol 68.7, Sodium 1073.6, Carbohydrate 31.3, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 3.3, Protein 16.4
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and drizzle with the olive oil. Put on a baking sheet and bake until just cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly, then shred the meat with 2 forks.
- Roast the bell peppers and chiles directly on a gas burner (or directly under the broiler) until the skin is mostly black. Throw the peppers and chiles into a plastic storage bag and seal it. Let them steam inside the bag for 30 minutes or so. Core and seed, then scrape off the black skin. Chop and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chopped onions and jalapeno in the vegetable oil until the onions are translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Throw in the shredded chicken, then stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth and 1 cup of the heavy cream. Add 1/2 teaspoon of the paprika and some salt and pepper, then add half of the chopped roasted peppers and chiles. Stir the mixture around and let it cook for a couple of minutes, then set it aside.
- In a separate skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Sprinkle in the flour and whisk it together to combine. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute. Then pour in the remaining 2 cups chicken broth, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until the mixture is smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the remaining 1/2 cup heavy cream, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon paprika and 1 1/2 cups of the grated cheese. Finally, stir in the sour cream and the rest of the chopped roasted peppers and chiles. If the sauce needs a little thinning, splash in as much broth as you need. Give the sauce a taste and add salt if it needs it (with all the cheese, it shouldn't need much).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wrap the tortillas in paper towels and microwave until very soft and pliable, about a minute.
- Place a small amount of the chicken mixture and about a tablespoon of the grated cheese down the center of each tortilla. Fold over the edges and arrange them seam-side down in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Pour the sauce over the top. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1 cup grated cheese and bake until bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa on top and a sprinkle of cilantro leaves.
WHITE SAUCE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
My children like this recipe, because I don't make it with the green chilies or hot peppers. This recipe is for those of us who don't like things so spicy. I hope you like it.
Provided by Lori Mama
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Place chicken legs and vegetables in large pot, cover with water and cook for aprox. 1 hour.
- Remove chicken and take off the skin and shred the chicken.
- Refrigerate the stock, skim off the fat and freeze it for another use.
- Over medium heat, melt butter, add flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Add hot milk and cook until slightly thickened. (not too thick).
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Take 1 cup of the sauce and mix it in with the chicken.
- Place as much of the chicken mixture you like on each tortilia and wrap them up placing them seam side down in a sprayed baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 350 oven for 25-30 minute.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 939.2, Fat 57.4, SaturatedFat 27.3, Cholesterol 241.1, Sodium 1036.5, Carbohydrate 48.1, Fiber 3.5, Sugar 4.3, Protein 55.8
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
A thick and creamy sauce covers these corn tortillas that are filled with tender chunks of chicken. To suit our family's tastes, I usually leave out the red peppers and cumin. -Sharon Welsh of Onsted, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Wrap tortillas in foil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until softened. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 tablespoon milk and cumin until smooth. Stir in chicken. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onions and red pepper until softened. Stir into chicken mixture., In another bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, jalapenos, cayenne and remaining milk. Stir 2 tablespoons soup mixture into chicken mixture. Place 1/3 cup of chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up., Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining soup mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 405 calories, Fat 10g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 108mg cholesterol, Sodium 435mg sodium, Carbohydrate 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 40g protein.
More about "white chicken enchiladas recipes"
BEST WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPES | THE PIONEER …
2.7/5 (161)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsServings 8
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - THE RECIPE CRITIC
Reviews 4Category DinnerCuisine MexicanTotal Time 35 mins
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS! - MY INCREDIBLE RECIPES
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - JO COOKS
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE (WITH STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS)
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS | 12 TOMATOES
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS | RECIPETIN EATS
EASY CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - THE COUNTRY COOK
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (OR SUB CAULIFLOWER!) | FEASTING AT HOME
CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH WHITE SAUCE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - SALTY SIDE DISH
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - THE BEST BLOG RECIPES
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH SOUR CREAM WHITE SAUCE RECIPE | KID …
CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH CREAMY TOMATILLO SAUCE | RECIPE
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - RECIPES DEAL
EASY CREAMY CHICKEN ENCHILADAS : HEART'S CONTENT FARMHOUSE
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - SOUFFLE BOMBAY
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - THE WHOLESOME DISH
EASY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - DINNERS, DISHES, AND …
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (QUICK & EASY DINNER RECIPE)
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS WITH WHITE SAUCE - MOM'S CRAVINGS
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - CREME DE LA CRUMB
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - MELISSASSOUTHERNSTYLEKITCHEN.COM
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS | NANA KOKOLO | COPY ME THAT
HEALTHY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - DELICIOUS ON A DIME
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - ADD A PINCH
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE – CHICKEN ENCHILADAS …
FAVORITE HEALTHY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS – ROOTS AND RADISHES
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - PLAIN CHICKEN
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - RECIPE DIARIES
EASY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - 1-HOUR DINNER RECIPE - ALL THINGS …
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS (WITH VIDEO!) - GONNA WANT SECONDS
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - TASTE AND TELL
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS RECIPE - EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - WITH SOUR CREAM SAUCE! - BUTTER
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE - SPICY SOUTHERN KITCHEN
CREAMY WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS • MIDGETMOMMA
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
RECIPES FOR MEXICAN CHICKEN ENCHILADAS
WHITE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS
#time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #eggs-dairy #poultry #mexican #oven #dinner-party #cheese #chicken #meat #brunch #taste-mood #equipment #presentation #served-hot #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook white chicken enchiladas?We love these easy creamy white chicken enchiladas! Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan seam side down. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute.
What are chicken enchiladas?Made with a simple sour cream white sauce and poured over chicken and cheese tortillas, these chicken enchiladas are a great recipe to add to your normal weeknight dinner routine.
How do you make enchiladas with sour cream and cheese?In a medium sauce pan, melt butter. Whisk in flour and let cook and thicken for 1 minute (don't let it burn.) Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Stir in sour cream and chiles. Be sure not to let the mixture boil. Take sauce off the heat and pour it over the enchiladas. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
What kind of sauce do you put on chicken enchiladas?Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce is made with flour tortillas, shredded chicken, cheese, green chiles and a delicious white cream sauce! Preheat oven to 350F degrees.