WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING
A wonderfully light, fluffy frosting that is sure to compliment any cake, from the pages of my Betty Crocker cookbook! Take a look at the variations too! (Prep time and cook time are guesstimates). for two 8-9" layers or one 13 x 9" cake
Provided by SilentCricket
Yield 1 batch of frosting
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in small saucepan.
- Cover; heat to rolling boil over medium heat.
- Remove cover and boil rapidly, without stirring, to 242 F on candy thermometer.
- As mixture boils, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Pour hot syrup very slowly in a thin stream into the beaten egg whites, beating constantly on medium speed.
- Beat on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla during last minute of beating.
- VARIATIONS: Add 1/4 cup sifted cocoa for Cocoa Frosting, folding in till blended; for Lemon Frosting substitute 1 TBSP lemon juice for the vanilla and add 1/4 tsp.
- grated lemon peel and 10 drops of yellow food coloring; for Pink Mountain Frosting, sustitute maraschino cherry juice for the water; for Satiny Beige Frosting substitute brown sugar (packed) for the granulated sugar and decrease vanilla to 1/2 tsp.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 674.7, Fat 0.3, Sodium 164.7, Carbohydrate 166.5, Sugar 123.6, Protein 7.2
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING
This is a very good frosting. You may flavor it with any flavoring extract to suit your needs.
Provided by Carol
Categories Desserts Frostings and Icings White
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine sugar, water, and cream of tartar in a saucepan. Cook until candy thermometer reaches 238 degrees F (115 degrees C), or until syrup spins a long thread when dripped from a spoon.
- Beat egg whites until stiff. Pour a thin, slow stream of the syrup into egg whites, beating constantly until frosting stands in peaks. Stir in salt and vanilla to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 119.2 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Protein 0.5 g, Sodium 8.4 mg, Sugar 30 g
PERFECT SEVEN-MINUTE FROSTING
This cake frosting is named for the length of time it must be beaten in the final stage.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Dessert & Treats Recipes
Yield Makes about 1 quart
Number Of Ingredients 3
- In a small, heavy-bottom saucepan, combine 3/4 cup sugar, corn syrup, and 4 tablespoons water. Place over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved, about 4 minutes. Rub a bit of the mixture between your fingers, making sure any graininess has disappeared. Raise heat, and bring to a boil without stirring. Continue boiling, occasionally washing down the sides of the pan with a pastry brush dipped in cold water to prevent sugar from crystallizing, until a candy thermometer registers 230 degrees, about 5 minutes. (Depending on the humidity, this can take anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes.) Remove the syrup from heat (temperature will keep rising).
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form, about 2 1/2 minutes. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. With mixer on medium-low speed, pour syrup in a steady stream down side of bowl (to avoid splattering).
- Beat the frosting on high speed until cool, about seven minutes. It should be thick and shiny. Use immediately.
WHITE MOUNTAIN CREAM FROSTING
Use this for the Lady and Lord Baltimore cakes (ie white round layers or yellow square layers). Makes enough to fill and frost two 8- or 9-inch cake layers. Included is variation for Pink version. From Family Circle All-Time Baking Favorites.
Provided by BecR2400
Yield 2 layers, 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt in a small saucepan; cover. Heat to boiling; uncover; boil gently, until mixture registers 242 degrees F on a candy thermometer, or until a small amount of the hot syrup falls, thread-like, from spoon.
- While syrup cooks, beat egg whites with cream of tartar in a large bowl until stiff peaks form when beaters are removed. Pour hot syrup onto egg whites in a very thin stream, beating all the time at high speed, until frosting is stiff and glossy. Beat in the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Pink Mountain Cream Frosting:.
- Follow basic recipe for White Mountain Cream Frosting, using 1/2 cup maraschino cherry liquid in place of water; add a few drops of red food coloring together with the 1/2 teaspoon vanilla to tint frosting a delicate pink. Add more red food coloring if you prefer a deeper shade.
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING RECIPE
This Recipe for White Mountain Frosting makes 6 cups of Frosting. That's kind of a lot. For a single batch of the Chewy Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Marshmallow Filling you only need about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of Frosting/Filling... of course... if you want to add more..... So.... what to do with the rest? You can sit in a corner with a bowl and a spoon (might give you the mother of all tummy aches though....) Or You can bake Chocolate Dipped Cupcakes Or You can stick it in an airtight container... and find something else to use it for in the next week. I suppose you can also halve the recipe......
Provided by Angry Baker Staff
Categories Baking recipes
Yield 6 Cups
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a Stand Mixer, beat Egg Whites on high speed until you have Stiff Peaks... set aside
- In a medium saucepan, stir together Sugar, Corn Syrup, and Water until combined.
- Bring to rolling boil... stirring all the while
- Wipe the side of the saucepan with a pastry brush dipped in ice water.
- Stick a candy thermometer to the side of saucepan
- Boil without stirring, until you hit 242 degrees F.
- Turn the mixer with the egg whites in it to medium speed.
- Pour hot sugar syrup SLOWLY in a thin stream into the egg whites.
- Add Vanilla.
- Beat at high speed for 10 minutes until stiff peaks form
Nutrition Facts :
FLUFFY WHITE FROSTING
This frosting got its name because its large white peaks hold up long after it's beaten. It's sometimes called White Mountain Frosting. (Easy)
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Room temperature egg whites will have more volume when beaten than cold egg whites. In medium bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer on high speed just until stiff peaks form.
- In 1-quart saucepan, stir sugar, corn syrup and water until well mixed. Cover and heat to rolling boil over medium heat. Uncover and boil 4 to 8 minutes, without stirring, to 242°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into cup of very cold water forms a firm ball that holds its shape until pressed (see Testing Candy Temperature, page 00). For an accurate temperature reading, tilt the saucepan slightly so mixture is deep enough for thermometer.
- Pour hot syrup very slowly in thin stream into egg whites, beating constantly on medium speed. Add vanilla. Beat on high speed about 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Frost 13x9-inch cake, or fill and frost 8- or 9-inch two-layer cake. Leftover frosting can be tightly covered and refrigerated up to 2 days; do not freeze. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature to soften; do not stir.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 60, Carbohydrate 14 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1/4 Cup, Sodium 15 mg, Sugar 11 g, TransFat 0 g
More about "white mountain frosting recipes"
WHITE FROSTING RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FLUFFY WHITE FROSTING (A TWIST ON 7 MINUTE FROSTING)
RECIPES - WHITE MOUNTAIN
WHITE MOUNTAIN CAKE WITH WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE …
SILVER WHITE CAKE WITH WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING …
7-MINUTE ICING "WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING" - CAKECENTRAL.COM
Estimated Reading Time 2 mins
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - BIGOVEN.COM
WHITE MOUNTAIN CAKE WITH BOILED ICING — THE OLD MILL
EASY WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - PLAIN.RECIPES
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - NATURE'S YOKE - FREE-RANGE EGGS
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING | RECIPE | FROSTING, RECIPES, FOOD
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
RECIPE FOR ETHEL WALLACE'S WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING | ALMANAC.COM
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - YUM TASTE
FLUFFY BOILED FROSTING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GLOSSY WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - GIRL. INSPIRED.
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | WHITE …
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING | RECIPESTY
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING | RECIPE | FROSTING, WHITE MOUNTAIN …
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING 4 RECIPE - RECIPETIPS.COM
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD WITH WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING - FOOD FOR FUN
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING WITH VARIATIONS RECIPE - COOKSRECIPES.COM
WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING RECIPE | COOKTHISMEAL.COM
MOUNTAIN CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
WHITE RECIPES - REDCIPES
SILVER WHITE CAKE WITH WHITE MOUNTAIN FROSTING — KELLY GORDON
REDIRECTION PAGE - BROWSERDEFAULTS.MICROSOFT.COM
WHITE MOUNTAIN ICING (VRP 034) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #desserts #eggs-dairy #easy #low-fat #cakes #eggs #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #cake-fillings-and-frostings #low-saturated-fat #low-in-something #equipment #small-appliance #mixer #number-of-servings
You'll also love