WILTED SPINACH SALAD
I served this terrific salad to guests and it was a hit! Pour the hot dressing over the salad right before serving time. I found this recipe in an old Farm Journal cookbook. Cook time is for the time it takes to boil the eggs and fry the bacon.
Provided by Hey Jude
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine spinach, onions and eggs in a large salad bowl.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crispy; remove bacon and drain on paper towels.
- Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- Add vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to bacon drippings, heat to boiling, stirring to blend.
- Pour over spinach mixture; toss gently.
- Sprinkle with bacon.
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING
Warm crispy bacon is the star of this simple spinach salad. We upped the ante with tender mushrooms, fresh red onion and hard-boiled eggs for a hearty salad your whole family can enjoy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the spinach in a large bowl and leave at room temperature. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Use a slotted spoon to gently lower the eggs into the water. Boil until both the whites and yolks are set (hard-boiled), about 10 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl filled with ice water and cool completely. Once cool, peel the eggs and cut each into quarters.
- Meanwhile, put the bacon in a large skillet and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Remove half of the bacon fat to a small bowl and reserve.
- Return the skillet and remaining bacon fat to medium heat. Add the mushrooms, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of salt and a few grinds of black pepper to the same skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in the reserved bacon fat, vinegar, mustard and honey and whisk until smooth and emulsified. Taste and season with more salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot bacon dressing over the spinach and toss until evenly coated and slightly wilted. Transfer to a platter and top with the eggs, red onion and reserved bacon.
WILTED SPINACH SALAD
- In a salad bowl, combine the spinach, onion, radish, salt and pepper; set aside. , In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Combine the sugar, vinegar and lemon juice; stir into drippings. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. , Pour over spinach mixture and toss to coat. Top with bacon and egg.
Nutrition Facts :
WILTED SPINACH SALAD
- Place 6 eggs in a medium saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Bring water to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Cover, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel, and chop.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside, reserving approximately 1/2 cup of drippings in the skillet.
- In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and green onions.
- Heat the reserved drippings over low heat. In a small bowl, whisk together the 2 remaining eggs, sugar, white vinegar, and red wine vinegar. Add to warm grease, and whisk for about a minute, until thickened. Pour at once over spinach, add crumbled bacon, and toss to coat. Garnish with chopped egg.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 220.7 calories, Carbohydrate 11.1 g, Cholesterol 206.5 mg, Fat 13.1 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 15.8 g, SaturatedFat 4.2 g, Sodium 568.6 mg, Sugar 7.2 g
LIGHTLY WILTED SPINACH SALAD
Provided by Alex Guarnaschelli
Yield makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a small skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the canola oil. Add the onion and garlic clove and cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes. Season lightly with salt. Discard the garlic clove. Whisk in the cider vinegar and add 1 teaspoon canola oil. Taste for seasoning. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place a large heatproof bowl over low heat and add the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil. When the bowl is warm remove it from the heat and add the spinach. Season lightly with salt and toss with a spoon so the spinach gets coated with the oil and wilts slightly, 1 minute. The spinach should only be partially wilted and still appear somewhat raw. Pour off any water that might accumulate in the bottom of the bowl from wilting and stir in the onion and dressing from the skillet. Add chopped hard-boiled egg. Serve immediately.
CLASSIC WILTED LETTUCE SALAD
When we were kids, my sister and I would prepare the freshly picked lettuce for this wilted lettuce salad recipe, rinsing it several times and carefully drying it. As we did so, we quibbled about the portions we'd each have. Somehow, it seems she always managed to get more! We still can't get enough of this salad. -Doris Natvig, Jesup, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. , To the hot drippings, add the vinegar, water, onions, sugar, salt and pepper, stirring until sugar is dissolved. , Place lettuce in a salad bowl; immediately pour dressing over and toss lightly. Top with egg. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 118 calories, Fat 10g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 45mg cholesterol, Sodium 227mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH CHICKPEAS
- Heat broiler. On a broiler-safe rimmed baking sheet, toss cherry tomatoes with chickpeas with one tablespoon olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Broil, tossing occasionally, until tomatoes are slightly charred, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and white-wine vinegar; season with salt and pepper.
- Add baby spinach, hot vegetables, and black olives. Toss with vinaigrette (spinach will wilt slightly).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 285 g, Fat 16 g, Fiber 8 g, Protein 6 g
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM FETA DRESSING
Provided by Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Categories Salad Onion Appetizer Christmas Thanksgiving Vegetarian Quick & Easy High Fiber Feta Spinach Fall Winter Healthy Christmas Eve Bon Appétit Sugar Conscious Pescatarian Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Place spinach in large bowl. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add onion; sauté until brown and softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer to bowl with spinach; remove skillet from heat. Add remaining 3 tablespoons oil and cheese to skillet. Stir to melt cheese slightly, about 1 minute. Stir in vinegar. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over spinach; toss to coat and wilt slightly.
WILTED SPINACH SALAD AND BACON VINAIGRETTE
Fresh baby spinach, sliced mushrooms, and boiled eggs are topped with a hot bacon vinaigrette with caramelized onions. Very satisfying and earthy! This is also great topped with grape tomatoes for a little tart pop reminiscent of a nice BLT.
Provided by savvyminx
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain bacon slices on paper towels, reserving about 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in the skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Heat reserved bacon drippings over medium heat; cook and stir onion in hot bacon drippings until slightly tender, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and salt together in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sugar and salt are dissolved, about 5 minutes. Add bacon and onion and simmer over low heat until dressing is blended, 3 minutes.
- Mix spinach, mushrooms, and eggs together in a large bowl. Pour dressing over spinach mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 978.2 calories, Carbohydrate 68.7 g, Cholesterol 189.8 mg, Fat 71.5 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 21.8 g, SaturatedFat 12.3 g, Sodium 2326.9 mg, Sugar 60.7 g
Enjoy this wilted spinach drizzled with lime juice that's ready in just 30 minutes - perfect for a side dish.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bacon and garlic in oil 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp; reduce heat to low.
- Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg. Gradually add spinach. Toss just until spinach is wilted. Drizzle with lime juice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 110, Carbohydrate 6 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fat 1 1/2, Fiber 3 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 1 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving (about 1/2 cup), Sodium 390 mg, Sugar 2 g, TransFat 0 g
WILTED SPINACH WITH NUTMEG & GARLIC
Throw a bag of baby spinach in a wok with some garlic and spices for a tasty last-minute side dish that still feels special
Provided by Sara Buenfeld
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat the oil in a large wok, add the garlic and stir-fry until it starts to soften. Add the spinach in big handfuls, putting more in the pan as it wilts.
- Grate in about an eighth of a nutmeg and mix well. Serve straight away.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68 calories, Fat 4 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.4 milligram of sodium
EASY WILTED SPINACH SALAD
This is a really tastey spinach salad... I normally serve it with some sort of steak, but it would work with pretty much anything... We eat it warm and never have any leftovers, but I think it would be good cold as well.
Provided by JackandDawn
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Cook the onions untill translucent in the olive oil.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the Baslamic Vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to 1/2 origional.
- Add Spinach leaves and cook untill wilted (2-5 minutes).
- Move spinach to serving bowl.
- Roast pine nuts over medium heat.
- Add pine nuts and dried crainberries to spinach and mix.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 309.4, Fat 14, SaturatedFat 1.6, Sodium 291, Carbohydrate 38, Fiber 10.9, Sugar 17.5, Protein 12
More about "wilted spinach salad recipes"
WILTED SPINACH SALAD | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4.5/5 (6)Calories 157 per servingTotal Time 25 mins
- In a large bowl combine spinach, mushrooms, and green onions. If desired, sprinkle with pepper; set aside.
- For dressing, in a 12-inch skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet (add vegetable oil, if necessary). Or, if desired, substitute 2 tablespoons vegetable oil for bacon drippings. Crumble bacon; set aside. Stir vinegar, sugar, and dry mustard into drippings. Bring to boiling; remove from heat. Add the spinach mixture. Toss mixture in skillet for 30 to 60 seconds or until spinach is just wilted.
- Transfer spinach mixture to a serving dish. Add chopped egg and crumbled bacon; toss to combine. Serve salad immediately.
GNOCCHI AND WILTED SPINACH SALAD - A SPICY PERSPECTIVE
WILTED SPINACH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
WILTED SPINACH WITH GARLIC RECIPE | EATINGWELL
WILTED SPINACH WITH BACON RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
LOW CARB WILTED SPINACH SALAD - DIABETIC CHEF'S RECIPES
WILTED SPINACH AND MANGO SALAD RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
KETO FRIENDLY SPINACH SALAD - THERESCIPES.INFO
WILTED SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
VEGAN SPINACH SALAD RECIPE WITH MAPLE BALSAMIC DRESSING
EASY RECIPE: WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM TOMATO DRESSING
HEALTHY WILTED SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - MASHED
MY SPINACH SALAD - THE PIONEER WOMAN
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING RECIPE
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH HOT BACON DRESSING - SUNKISSED KITCHEN
SPINACH SALAD WITH WARM BACON DRESSING RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
SPINACH SALAD RECIPES | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
BEST WARM SPINACH SALAD WITH BALSAMIC DRESSING RECIPE
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH BACON AND BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
HOW TO WILT SPINACH - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
WILTED SPINACH SALAD RECIPE - SIMPLY STACIE
WILTED SPINACH SALAD — RECIPE BOX
VEGAN WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
WILTED SPINACH BACON SALAD - COUNTRYSIDE CRAVINGS
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITHOUT BACON - THERESCIPES.INFO
WILTED SPINACH SALAD VEGAN - THERESCIPES.INFO
WILTED SPINACH, BLACKBERRY AND GOAT CHEESE SALAD - FARM FLAVOR …
10 BEST WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITHOUT BACON RECIPES - YUMMLY
WILTED SPINACH SALAD - BUDGET BYTES
TURKEY BACON SPINACH SALAD - SIMPLE SALAD RECIPES | DRHARDICK
WILTED SPINACH SALAD - GOURMET CHEF
WILTED SPINACH SALAD - HERCULEAN STRENGTH
GRILLED WILTED SPINACH AND PORTOBELLO SALAD RECIPE - MEATWAVE
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH BACON (KETO SPINACH SALAD)
WILTED SPINACH SALAD RECIPE BY LOIS - COOKEATSHARE
WILTED SPINACH SALAD WITH SHERRY VINAIGRETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #salads #dietary
You'll also love