OVERNIGHT WINE AND CHEESE STRATA
- Cut off and discard crusty ends of bread. Tear rest of loaf into bite size chunks. Arrange bread snugly in a heavily greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook mushrooms, 1 ½ teaspoons fresh oregano, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring constantly, until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle mushroom mixture over bread. Pour white wine over mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with ham and next 3 ingredients.
- Combine eggs and next 4 ingredients. Beat with a wire whisk until blended. Pour egg mixture over layers in dish. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake strata, covered, at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Broil 4 inches from heat with electric oven door partially opened 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Garnish, if desired. Serve hot. 8 servings.
- NOTE: If you'd like to omit the wine in this rich brunch dish, substitute 2/3 cup milk.
- SouthernLiving Our Best Five Star Recipes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 649, Fat 37.2, SaturatedFat 19.8, Cholesterol 248.2, Sodium 812.5, Carbohydrate 40.1, Fiber 2.3, Sugar 4.3, Protein 35.4
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Arrange bread pieces in the prepared baking dish; drizzle with melted butter. Top with Swiss cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and ham.
- Whisk milk, eggs, green onions, sherry, mustard, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together in a bowl until foamy; pour over bread mixture. Cover dish tightly with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove dish from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Bake strata in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove aluminum foil and top with sour cream and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the strata comes out clean, about 10 more minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 323.8 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 187.7 mg, Fat 20.6 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 18.3 g, SaturatedFat 11.5 g, Sodium 494.3 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
CHEESE SAUSAGE STRATA
Sausage provides plenty of flavor in this hearty egg strata. It's a great addition to a brunch buffet, because it's assembled the night before to cut down on last-minute fuss. -Teresa Marchese, New Berlin, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the eggs, milk, bread, cheese, bacon and mustard. Transfer to a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373 calories, Fat 25g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 217mg cholesterol, Sodium 1097mg sodium, Carbohydrate 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 23g protein.
HAM 'N' CHEESE STRATA
Our daughter wouldn't mind if I made this Ham 'n' Cheese Strata every weekend! I do prepare it for each holiday, serving it alongside fresh cinnamon buns and a fruit salad. -Marilyn Kroeker, Steinbach, Manitoba
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Arrange six slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Cover with remaining bread. , In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in onion and green pepper; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour butter over bread; sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 19g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 197mg cholesterol, Sodium 1081mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
This is an easy breakfast dish-great to make ahead for rushed mornings as it can be refrigerated overnight. Almost any chopped vegetable or meat can be added; just add before the cheese layer. If you're feeding a crowd, just double and use a 9x13 pan. This is adapted from a Mennonite cookbook, More-with-Less.
Provided by Kaarin
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Arrange half the bread in a buttered 2 1/2 quart baking dish or 8x8 pan.
- Drizzle half the melted butter over the bread.
- If adding veggies or meat layer those on next.
- Cover with the shredded cheese.
- Top with remaining bread and drizzle remaining butter over.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk, eggs and seasonings.
- Pour over the bread.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 more minutes.
- Can be refrigerated unbaked up to 1 day.
More about "wine and cheese strata recipes"
SPINACH AND CHEESE STRATA - DAMN DELICIOUS
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - ALLRECIPES.COM | RECIPES, CHEESE STRATA ...
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA | RECIPE | CHEESE STRATA, CHEESE STRATA …
EASY BAKE CHEESE STRATA RECIPE | GET CRACKING
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - WINE BUTLER
HAM AND CHEESE STRATA | RECIPE - WORLD FOOD AND WINE, FOOD, …
STRATA RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
GOAT CHEESE STRATA WITH PEPPERS & ONIONS - BC EGG
TRY WINE AND CHEESE STRATA FOR BRUNCH - GOLDEN AGE CHEESE
THREE CHEESE STRATA — WINE COUNTRY COOKING SCHOOL
STRATA RECIPES | FOOD & WINE
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - ANTIPASTI RECIPES
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - BIGOVEN.COM
SKILLET BACON AND CHEESE STRATA | CANADIAN LIVING
SPINACH & CHEESE STRATA - ONCE UPON A CHEF
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA | RECIPE | CHEESE STRATA, BRUNCH DISHES, …
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA TASTY RECIPES - RECIPES FOOD
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - PLAIN.RECIPES
TASTY RECIPES WINE AND CHEESE STRATA
GOAT CHEESE STRATA WITH PEPPERS & RED WINE (VEGETARIAN)
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA PHOTOS RECIPE
HOW TO MAKE A STRATA - THE PIONEER WOMAN
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA | RECIPESTY
SAUSAGE CHEDDAR BREAKFAST STRATA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
SIXCOOK - WINE AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE
OVERNIGHT WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - RECIPE #21450 - FOODGEEKS
20 GREAT STRATA RECIPES FOR EVERY MEAL | MYRECIPES
HAM AND CHEESE STRATA - A SOUTHERN SOUL
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA - MASTERCOOK
HOW TO MAKE A BREAKFAST STRATA - SPEND WITH PENNIES
WINE AND CHEESE STRATA | RECIPE | CHEESE STRATA, RECIPES, CHEESE …
SAUSAGE CHEESE STRATA - THE ENDLESS APPETITE
WINE 'N' CHEESE STRATA RECIPE
HAM & CHEESE STRATA - THE OLD HEN
HAM AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - DIANA STURGIS | FOOD & WINE
HAM AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE FROM LANA'S COOKING
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to make a Cheese strata?Stir in 1/2 cup Swiss, 1/2 cup Gruyere, and 2 tablespoons Parmesan. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove strata from the refrigerator, let sit for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Swiss, 1/4 cup Gruyere and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
What is the best way to cook a strata?In a medium-size bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, mustard, garlic powder, and pepper. Slowly pour over bread, ham, and cheese. Cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. Take strata out of the fridge. Heat oven to 375.
What is a strata for dinner?A layered casserole usually consisting of eggs, bread, and cheese, the strata is a brunch favorite that also works perfectly for weekday breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Search through great strata recipes using sausage, ham, mushrooms, and more that you can prepare in advance for a quick, simple family meal.
What is a ham and Cheese strata?Ham and Cheese Strata is a simple overnight casserole that’s so good for breakfast, brunch or even a weeknight meal! Made with eggs, bread, ham and two kinds of cheese, this make-ahead recipe lets you relax and enjoy time around the table with family and friends.