MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat the oven to 350˚.
- Place the squash, cut-sides up, on a sheet pan. Place 1/2 tablespoon butter and 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup in the cavity of each squash. Brush the cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle the squash with 3 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the squash, until tender when pierced with a small knife.
- Place the squash on a serving platter. If the halves are too large for one serving, cut each piece in half through the stem. Drizzle lightly with extra maple syrup, sprinkle with sea salt and serve hot.
MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH
When I was growing up, my mother served a lot of canned vegetables, but the one thing she always made from scratch was acorn squash, which she roasted with butter and maple syrup. When I revisited her old method, I found it was just as good as I remembered. The sweet squash filled with a big puddle of melted butter and sweet syrup is so irresistible!
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield Serves 6
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the squash, cut sides up, on a sheet pan. Place ½ tablespoon butter and ½ tablespoon maple syrup in the cavity of each squash. Brush the cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle the squash with 3 teaspoons kosher salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Roast for 40 to 60 minutes, depending on the size of the squash, until tender when pierced with a small knife.
- Place the squash on a serving platter. If the halves are too large for one serving, cut each piece in half through the stem. Drizzle lightly with extra maple syrup, sprinkle with sea salt, and serve hot.
- Cooks' Note
- Acorn squash is hard to cut. To halve a whole squash, plunge the blade of a large chef's knife into the side of the squash as far as it will go. Holding the handle of the knife, bang the squash (with the knife in it) on the board until the blade cuts all the way through.
MAPLE-ROASTED CHICKEN & ACORN SQUASH
When I became a new mother, my mom helped me find comforting and simple recipes to have on hand. This terrific roast chicken is a happy discovery. -Sara Eilers, Surprise, Arizona
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut squash lengthwise in half; remove and discard seeds. Cut each half crosswise into 1/2-in. slices; discard ends. Place squash, carrots and onion in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; top with chicken, skin side down. Roast 10 minutes., Turn chicken over; drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 25-30 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175° and vegetables are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 363 calories, Fat 14g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 81mg cholesterol, Sodium 497mg sodium, Carbohydrate 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH
With a maple syrup and brown sugar glaze, this squash becomes pleasantly sweet. This is comfort food-easy to prepare and a tasty pairing with a pork entree. -Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop out and discard seeds from squash. Place cut side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish; add water. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes. , If necessary, drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Combine syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt; pour into squash halves. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until glaze is heated through. ,
Nutrition Facts : Calories 251 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 311mg sodium, Carbohydrate 65g carbohydrate (43g sugars, Fiber 4g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH
- Preheat oven to 400°F Slice a thin piece off both ends of the squash, including the stem. Cut the squash in half crosswise (perpendicular to the ribs). Scoop out the seeds with a sturdy spoon.
- Line a pan in which the squash can fit snugly with foil or parchment paper. If you use foil, rub with butter to prevent squash from sticking.
- Set the squash halves in the prepared baking pan and smear the flesh with the softened butter. Sprinkle with the salt.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the cut edge of the squash and into the cavity (most of the liquid will pool there) and sprinkle with the ginger, if using.
- Roast the squash halves until nicely browned and very tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour and 15 minutes for a small to medium squash (larger squash may take longer); add the pecans, if using, for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Do not undercook. Serve warm with a spoon.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.8, Fat 8.9, SaturatedFat 5.5, Cholesterol 22.9, Sodium 227.4, Carbohydrate 35.9, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 11.9, Protein 1.8
MAPLE-BAKED ACORN SQUASH
- Cut each squash crosswise in half.
- Scoop out seeds and strings.
- Place squash halves (cavity side up) in large baking pan.
- Put 1/4 of remaining ingredients into each cavity.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 35-40 minutes till squash is tender.
More about "maple roasted acorn squash recipes"
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
5/5 (10)Category Side DishServings 6Total Time 50 mins
- Place the acorn squash halves on the baking sheet cut-side up. Drizzle with olive oil, maple syrup, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use your hands to coat the squash. Sprinkle the sage and/or rosemary into the center of the squash and roast until tender and golden brown around the edges, 25 to 40 minutes depending on the size of your squash.
MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
4/5 (12)Calories 257 per serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place squash halves, cut sides down, in a 2-qt. rectangular baking dish. Roast 30 minutes. Turn squash halves cut sides up.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine remaining ingredients. Spoon mixture into squash cavities. Roast 10 to 15 minutes more or until squash is tender.
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH MAPLE & SAGE | CANADIAN LIVING
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - COOKING FOR MY SOUL
MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
THE BEST MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - SAPORITO KITCHEN
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY …
INA GARTEN'S MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WEDGES | FROM SCRATCH FAST
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH MAPLE SYRUP RECIPE
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH BACON - CRAVINGS OF …
MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | FOODAL
WHITE ACORN SQUASH RECIPES BAKED - THERESCIPES.INFO
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - THAT LOW CARB LIFE
THE BEST ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH LIFE-CHANGING MAPLE BUTTER
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - COOK WHAT YOU LOVE
MAPLE ROSEMARY ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - LIVELY TABLE
MAPLE BAKED WHITE ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - RUNNING TO THE KITCHEN
ROASTED MAPLE BROWN SUGAR ACORN SQUASH | 6 INGREDIENTS + 30 …
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH SLICES | OVEN AND AIR FRYER DIRECTIONS
MAPLE-GLAZED ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
PERFECT ROASTED ACORN SQUASH | A MIND "FULL" MOM
BEST MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPES | BAREFOOT CONTESSA: …
SMOKY MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - BUDGET BYTES
MAPLE ROSEMARY ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - PURE MAPLE FROM CANADA
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - BITE ON THE SIDE
MAPLE BAKED ACORN SQUASH - JAZZY VEGETARIAN - VEGAN AND …
MAPLE BACON-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RINGS | JUST PLAIN COOKING
MAPLE-ROASTED ACORN SQUASH RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - EDIBLE INLAND NORTHWEST
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - THE TRAIL TO HEALTH
13 POPULAR ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - IZZYCOOKING
ROASTED MAPLE-GLAZED ACORN SQUASH | LAST INGREDIENT
ROASTED ACORN SQUASH WITH MAPLE BROWN BUTTER - OUR SALTY KITCHEN
TOP 41 BAKED SQUASH RECIPES
EASY MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH | BEYOND FROSTING
MISO-MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
MAPLE ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - BUBBAPIE
30 BEST ACORN SQUASH RECIPES - HOW TO COOK ACORN SQUASH
MAPLE BUTTER ROASTED ACORN SQUASH - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #side-dishes #vegetables #oven #easy #roast #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #healthy-2 #low-in-something #squash #equipment
You'll also love