CHEESE AND CHIPOTLE SCRAP CRACKERS
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 20 crackers
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- Form the scraps into a ball and roll into a rectangle 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with the Cheddar, chipotle powder and salt. Press the topping down with your hands. Cut into 2-inch squares with a pizza cutter and transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until the pastry is crisp and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS
When SFMOMA presented the first Francesca Woodman retrospective in the United States in over two decades, I was excited to immerse myself in the work of another influential female photographer whom I studied in college. I love Woodman's juxtaposition of textures, her way of placing soft and vulnerable human forms in withered, deteriorating environments. My plan was to base a dessert on a photograph with this type of contrast. Of all of the images in the show, the one of the artist wearing a Victorian-style floral coat and flowing dress while posing in a crumbling room was my favorite. At the time the Woodman retrospective opened, I had just returned from a vacation in Scandinavia where I would have been happy to live on only Norwegian hardtack, rye bread, soft cheeses, and smoked salmon. The combination of hearty rusticity and soft refinement of these foods were like elements in the Woodman photo: I saw the crumbling room as a cracker made with whole wheat and rye; her flowing skirt as soft cheese; and the pattern on her coat as beautiful, delicate edible flowers. To create a tender cracker with the heartiness of my Norwegian inspiration, I used two types of rustic flour and incorporated the butter using the same technique that's used to make flaky pie dough. A little bit of yogurt added tang and tenderness to the cracker. To slather onto the crackers, I wanted a soft-textured fresh cheese that was simple to make in our tiny kitchen. Ricotta cheese was just the type. A sprinkling of colorful edible flowers from Leah's garden and a touch of black Hawaiian sea salt perfected the rustic-elegant presentation of the Woodman Cheese and Crackers.
Provided by Caitlin Freeman
Yield Makes about 28 crackers with cheese
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make the ricotta cheese, line a colander with a double layer of cheesecloth and set the colander over a bowl.
- Combine the milk, cream, and salt in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring often to prevent scorching, until the mixture registers 190°F on a digital thermometer.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the lemon juice. Let stand for 5 minutes, and then pour the curds and whey through the cheesecloth-lined colander. Let drain at room temperature until the cheese is thick and spreadable, about 1 hour.
- Transfer the cheese to a container, cover tightly, and refrigerate.
- Combine the whole wheat flour, rye flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and caraway seeds in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix briefly on low speed to blend. Add the butter and mix on low speed until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the yogurt and continue mixing just until the dough comes together into a ball, 10 to 20 seconds.
- Turn out the dough onto a large sheet of parchment paper and press it into a flat, even rectangle measuring about 5 by 6 inches. Lay a second sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out the dough to an even 1/8-inch thickness. Remove the top sheet of parchment and, using a chef's knife, cut the dough into rough 2 by 4-inch rectangles. The dough will be sticky, so don't try to remove the rectangles until after chilling. Slide the parchment with the dough onto a baking sheet and refrigerate until the dough is firm, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 week.
- To make the crackers, position racks in upper and lower thirds of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a small spatula, carefully remove the crackers and place them on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake, rotating the baking sheets midway through baking, until the crackers are golden brown and crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheets, and then use a spatula to transfer the crackers to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- To serve, spread a layer of ricotta cheese about 1/8 inch thick onto each cracker. Scatter a few edible flowers over the ricotta and sprinkle with sea salt.
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE BY TASTY
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, combine cheese, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- Once combined, mix in the flour and add the ice water one tablespoon at a time.
- The dough should hold together but crumble apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- Separate dough into two halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ⅛ of an inch (½ cm), pinching the cracks on the ends.
- Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch (2 ½ x 2 ½ cm) squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
- Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305 calories, Carbohydrate 19 grams, Fat 20 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 11 grams, Sugar 0 grams
CHEF JOHN'S CHEESY CRACKERS
These crunchy, crispy crackers have a big, bold cheese flavor. They're vastly superior to anything you can get at the store. You can change up the cheeses and the spices. It's really a fun thing to play around with.
Provided by Chef John
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with vegetable oil.
- Place butter into a mixing bowl; add Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, paprika, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix together with the back of a spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Mix flour into cheese mixture with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle in cold water, 1 or 2 drops at a time, and mix with spatula until it comes together in a dough that holds its shape when squeezed.
- Transfer dough to a work surface and press into a thick, flattened disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Roll dough out on a floured work surface to about 1/8-inch thick. Use a pizza cutter to cut 1-inch wide strips from the dough. Cut strips crosswise into rectangles about 1 1/2-inches long. Use the back of a bamboo skewer to punch 5 small holes into each cracker. Arrange crackers onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crackers are browned and crisp, about 15 minutes. Let stand about 3 minutes for crackers to cool and release from the foil. Let cool completely before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25.2 calories, Carbohydrate 1.4 g, Cholesterol 4.7 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 1.1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 43.5 mg
HOMEMADE SQUEEZE CHEESE AND CRACKERS
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, add the butter and cream cheese. Process until fully combined. Add the cheese, milk and mustard powders. Process again until smooth, 30 seconds to 1 minute, scraping down the sides with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small star tip. Pipe onto the crackers and serve immediately. Can be made a few days ahead and stored in the refrigerator, but let sit on the counter until it's soft enough to put into the piping bag before using.
HOMEMADE GARLICKY CHEESE CRACKERS
Making cheese crackers at home may sound daunting but actually they are quite easy. They require a little more work, then they're worth it. Crackers don't need to be an afterthought. These particular crackers are definitely worthy of their own place on your menu. No weird ingredients or fancy kitchen gadgets needed. You only need some ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen all the time, a cookie cutter, and an oven. That's all! These are super crispy, buttery, and perfect for a snack but if topped and loaded with cheese and herbs, ideal as a side dish.
Provided by Zainab Pervaiz
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder, salt, and dill in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine or you can mix manually as well. Add 4 tablespoons melted butter and vegetable oil and pulse to combine.
- With food processor on low speed, slowly drizzle in water until the dough begins to form a ball. Remove dough from food processor and cover with a plastic wrap. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out dough as thin as possible on a lightly floured surface; thinner than pie crust if possible, thin like crepes works best. Cut the dough into your desired shapes with a cookie cutter, or cut with a knife or pizza cutter and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Let it rest for another 10 minutes.
- Using a toothpick, prick several holes in each cracker. Don't skip this step; you will not have nice, flat crackers if you skip.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush the tops with remaining melted butter, and immediately sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Remove from baking sheets and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- While crackers cool, prepare cheese topping: Mix mascarpone, Cheddar, and Parmesan cheeses with parsley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, and pepper. Sprinkle over crackers and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164.1 calories, Carbohydrate 15.1 g, Cholesterol 21.9 mg, Fat 10.2 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 3.4 g, SaturatedFat 5.2 g, Sodium 211 mg, Sugar 1 g
WHITE CHEDDAR AND CHIVE CRACKERS RECIPE BY TASTY
You'll never want to eat store-bought crackers again. These easy homemade white cheddar and chive crackers are baked to crispy perfection with a hint of spice in every bite. Cut them into seasonal shapes and serve with your favorite creamy cheese.
Provided by Betsy Carter
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Add the flour, salt, and baking powder to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter and cheddar and pulse until well combined and the consistency is crumbly, with the butter and cheese broken down to uniform pieces throughout. Add the chives and red pepper flakes and pulse to combine.
- Add 3 tablespoons of ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse until the dough comes together. It should hold together on its own but crumble when you press it between 2 fingers. If the dough is still too dry, add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the desired texture is reached.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a disc, then wrap in plastic wrap. Transfer the dough to the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes. Set 2 baking sheets in the refrigerator to chill while the dough is resting.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and 1 tablespoon cold water. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to ⅛-inch thick, pinching together any cracks around the edges. Using a 2-inch leaf and/or star cutter, punch out as many crackers as you can. Gather up the dough scraps and roll out again, repeating the process up to 3 times.
- Line the chilled baking sheets with parchment paper, then transfer the crackers to the pans. Brush the crackers with the egg wash.
- Bake the crackers for 20-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container at room temperature (with a silica packet inside to absorb excess moisture) for up to 5 days.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 238 calories, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 15 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 10 grams, Sugar 0 grams
More about "woodman cheese and crackers recipes"
11 CHEESE AND CRACKER RECIPES THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE
DELICIOUS CHEESE AND CRACKER COMBINATIONS - JULIE BLANNER
CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS | RICARDO
EASY CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE - THE BOSSY KITCHEN
GRUYèRE CHEESE SHORTBREAD CRACKERS: DELICIOUS NIPPY CRACKERS
CRAB MEAT CASSEROLE - EASY TO MAKE CRAB CASSEROLE
EASY, HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS - FEEDING YOUR FAM
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS - THE CHEESE KNEES
EPICURIOUS WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS RECIPES RECIPE
SOURDOUGH CHEESE CRACKERS - THE PIONEER WOMAN
SHARP CHEDDAR CRACKERS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
THE 10 BEST CRACKER AND CHEESE PAIRINGS OF ALL TIME - KITCHN
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS.COM | CRACKER …
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS - LACTO OVO VEGETARIAN RECIPES
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS - MEALPLANNERPRO.COM
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS | RECIPE | SOFT CHEESE, …
SESAME CHEDDAR CHEESE CRACKERS + VIDEO | KEVIN IS COOKING
10 DELICIOUS CRACKER TOPPINGS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
CHEESY SEED CRACKERS - MY KIDS LICK THE BOWL
MODERN ART DESSERTS FOR MOTHER'S DAY - EPICURIOUS.COM
FLAKY CHEESE CRACKERS | MOORLANDS EATER
CHEESE AND JAM PAIRINGS ON CRACKERS – ALEXIAN PATE
17 CHEESE AND CRACKERS IDEAS YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ...
KETO CRACKER RECIPES FOR A LOW CARB DIET - KETOFOODIST.COM
CRISPY BAKED WONTON CRACKERS WITH CHEESE - WISHFUL CHEF
VERMONT CHEESE CRACKERS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKER RECIPES | BOB'S RED MILL
CRUNCHY PARMESAN CRACKERS - KING ARTHUR BAKING
SOUTHERN CHEESE CRACKERS + ADD A PINCH COOKBOOK | BAKE AT 350°
HOMEMADE SAVORY COTSWOLD CHEESE CRACKERS - ONE HOT OVEN
COTTAGE CHEESE AND CRACKERS - CLEAN FINGERS LAYNIE
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS - SWEET DASH OF SASS
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS RECIPE AT EPICURIOUS.COM | CRACKER …
CHEESE CRACKERS RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE CREATOR: WOODMAN CHEESE AND CRACKERS
HOMEMADE CHEESE CRACKERS - CAROLINE'S COOKING
CHEESY SLICE-AND-BAKE CRACKERS RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make cheese and crackers?How to Make Cheese and Crackers 1 Lay your crackers on serving platter. 2 Add a slice of cheese. 3 Top with an optional dollop of preserves, fruit, nuts, herbs, salt, pepper or drizzle of honey. 4 Serve! It’s the simplest cheese and cracker display, bursting with flavor. More ...
What do you put on your Graham crackers?Add a comment ... For a sweeter version of cheese and crackers, try cream cheese on graham crackers. Add fruit for color and flavor. Add a comment ... What kid wouldn't love to find this in their lunchbox?
How long does it take to bake Crackers in the oven?Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch (2 ½ x 2 ½ cm) squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking. Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
How do you serve crackers on a platter?Arrange crackers on serving platter. Add a slice of cheese on top. Add a slice of fruit or preserves, top with nuts, honey and or herbs. Estimated nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is not guaranteed.