WEST VIRGINIA-STYLE HOT DOG
"In high school, we used to walk to the drive-in and order hot dogs after class. I got mine with everything: chili, mustard and coleslaw."
Provided by Katie Lee Biegel
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Grilled or Boiled Hot Dog
- Cook on hot oiled grates, turning, until charred, about 5 minutes. Or cook in boiling water or beer, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Combine 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 grated onion, 1 cup tomato sauce and one 6-ounce can tomato paste in a large pot. Stir in 1 tablespoon each chili powder and sugar, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon each pepper and garlic salt and 1 cup water. Add 1 bay leaf, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat until thick, about 2 hours. Stir in 1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar and simmer 30 more minutes. Remove the bay leaf.
- Yellow Mustard
WEST VIRGINIA STYLE HOT DOG
- Grill, steam or boil the hot dogs. In the meantime, heat the Chili until hot throughout. Place each hot dog in a bun, and top each with a generous amount of Chili, coleslaw and yellow mustard, and then serve.
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the beef (do not brown first), onions, tomato sauce, paste, chili powder, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic salt and 2 cups water. Mix until combined, then add the bay leaves. Cover and simmer over medium-low heat for about 2 hours.
- Stir in the vinegar and simmer another 30 minutes.
JEFF'S HOT DOG CHILI
- Place ground beef in a large saucepan with water and mash the beef with a potato masher to break apart. Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, salt, black pepper, sugar, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until the chili has thickened slightly and the beef is fully cooked, about 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.7 calories, Carbohydrate 7.5 g, Cholesterol 47.3 mg, Fat 9.4 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 13.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 594.7 mg, Sugar 6 g
WEST VIRGINIA CHAMPIONSHIP CHILI
- Brown the ground meats with the salt and pepper in a large stockpot, stirring well to mix and break up the meat.
- Add the stew meat, stirring occasionally for; cook for ten minutes.
- Add the onions and cook, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
- Add the peppers and cook for ten minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the next three ingredients and cook for 30 minutes with the cover on; remove cover and continue cooking for an additional hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the honey 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1422.3, Fat 86.5, SaturatedFat 33.2, Cholesterol 380.9, Sodium 2416.1, Carbohydrate 55.1, Fiber 10.9, Sugar 38.1, Protein 107.6
WV CHURCH HOTDOG CHILI
This is a hotdog chili recipe I have made for 20 years...I am asked to make this at showers, parties, dinners,cookouts, and sales....Its best if you serve it on hotdogs with homemade slaw...I make my slaw with just some shredded cabbage, real mayo, a little sugar and water....
Provided by Angela Peters @WvCoalMinersWife
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Use a large pot and crumble the ground beef up and place in the pot
- Add the chopped onion, ketchup,vinegar,chili powder, tomato paste and 1 can of water (from using the empty tomato paste can)
- Stir and smash all that together add the rest of the water a can at a time making sure to stir good after each can
- Cover pot and turn on stove, cook over low heat for 45 minutes to an hour...Stirring about every 10 minutes
- You can also freeze this....
More about "wv church hotdog chili recipes"
HOT DOG CHILI WV-STYLE - FARM BELL RECIPES
ORIGINAL OLD TIME HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE...DELICIOUS! ALSO A …
Author Jan CresonViews 499K
KATIE LEE'S WEST VIRGINIA-STYLE HOT DOGS - RACHAEL RAY …
HOT DOG CHILI - CUSTARD STAND
JANET CROW: HOT DOG CHILI SAUCE, WEST VIRGINIA STYLE
HOW TO MAKE WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG SAUCE RECIPE
HOT DOG CHILI - TASTE OF SOUTHERN
RACHAEL RAY CHILI DOGS: KATIE LEE WEST VIRGINIA-STYLE …
CHURCH HOT DOG CHILI - WENDY'S HOME ECONOMICS
Cuisine American, Gluten Free, Southern, TailgatingCategory Fun Food!, Main Course, Sauces, Supper
- Heat skillet over medium high heat. Add just enough oil to lightly coat. Cook ground beef, crumbling with spoon as it cooks, until just barely done. (You want the beef to be tender and not dry out.)
- Remove meat with slotted spoon and add onions to skillet. Cook onions just a couple of minutes to lightly brown, scraping up bits in pan.
- Tilt skillet and dab out excess oil with paper towel. Add beef and remaining ingredients. Stir to mix. Turn to medium low heat, cover and slow simmer for about 10 minutes to let flavors blend.
24 BEST WV HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE IDEAS IN 2022 | HOT DOG CHILI, HOT …
HOMEMADE HOTDOG CHILI RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
BILL'S HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
STEWARTS ORIGINAL HOT DOGS IN WEST VIRGINIA IS AS GOOD AS EVER
HOT DOG CHILI - THE SEASONED MOM
BEST HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE WEST VIRGINIA - SCENTSY GIFTS
YOUR GUIDE TO THE PERFECT WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG - WV TOURISM
WV HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE - TASTING TABLE
WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG SAUCE - OLD LINE PLATE
LOOKING FOR WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE : OLD_RECIPES
1940'S HOTDOG SAUCE FROM WEST VIRGINIA - HILLBILLY HOUSEWIFE
7 WEST VIRGINIA CHILI SAUCE RECIPE IDEAS | HOT DOG SAUCE ... - PINTEREST
WV CHURCH HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE
WV CHILI DOGS (SLAW DOGS) - CUSTARD STAND CHILI
WV HOT DOG SAUCE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
THE BEST HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE! — BUNS IN MY OVEN
FAIRMONT STYLE HOT DOG SAUCE - BOBHEFFNER.COM
RECIPE: WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG CHILI AND COLESLAW - RECIPELINK.COM
FARMER'S TABLE: WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG SAUCE | METRO KANAWHA ...
TRADITIONAL WEST VIRGINIA HOT DOG SAUCE WITH A HOMEMADE COLE …
PRIZE WINNING HOT DOG CHILI - THERESCIPES.INFO - THERECIPES
HOW TO MAKE HOT DOG CHILI
THE ONLY HOTDOG CHILI RECIPE YOU'LL EVER NEED
SOUTH CAROLINA HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE - LOAVES AND DISHES
HILL BILLY VENISON HOT DOG CHILI. | WEST VIRGINIA MOUNTAIN MAMA
HOT DOG CHILI RECIPE WV : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
HOMEMADE CROCK POT HOT DOG CHILI - KITCHEN DIVAS
HOMEMADE HOT DOG CHILI SAUCE - TODAY'S CREATIVE LIFE
BUZZ FLOYD’S AUTHENTIC WEST (BY GOD) VIRGINIA HOT DOG CHILI
HOW TO MAKE HOT DOG CHILI - SAM'S PLACE
HOME RUN HOT DOG CHILI - A SOUTHERN SOUL
THE BEST HOT DOG CHILI (SERIOUSLY) - MASTERCOOK
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is West Virginia hot dog chili?Unlike your tradition chili chock-full of beans, meat, and veggies, West Virginia hot dog chili – or sauce as some call it – is a strictly meaty mixture. One of the most famous hot dog chilis in the state is Custard Stand Chili.
What are the ingredients in West Virginia hot dogs?This hot dog is piled high with chili, slaw, mustard, and onions. The unique combination of ingredients has been eaten in this state for decades: Unlike your tradition chili chock-full of beans, meat, and veggies, West Virginia hot dog chili – or sauce as some call it – is a strictly meaty mixture.
How do you make hot dogs with chili?In the meantime, heat the Chili until hot throughout. Place each hot dog in a bun, and top each with a generous amount of Chili, coleslaw and yellow mustard, and then serve. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the beef (do not brown first), onions, tomato sauce, paste, chili powder, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic salt and 2 cups water.
What do you call Hot Dog Sauce in West Virginia?“ In most of the state people call it “chili”. In Huntington and Marion County it is most often called sauce. The difference is largely semantic although in areas where it is called sauce the substance is usually finer ground and more liquid in consistency .” – The West Virginia Hot Dog Blog