Japanese New Year's one-pot meal. Dashi, soy sauce, mochi (packed rice cake), and chicken are fundamental ingredients. Add your own choice of vegetables. This a very simple and delicious hearty one pot meal that'll feed 4.
Provided by Chunkeebeef
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Soak shiitake in a bowl of lukewarm water.
- Chop daikon and chinese cabbage in 3 inch pieces.
- Cut leeks in 2 inch diagonal pieces.
- Cut carrots thinly in 2 inch long diagonal pieces.
- Roughly chop mitsuba leaves.
- Top and tail snow peas.
- Cut chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- In a large pan, boil 10 cups or so of water.
- Add dashi (unless you have dried kelp, in which case boil the kelp to make dashi manually, then remove after 5 mins).
- Add shiitake and the water in which they were soaking.
- Add vegetables that take longer to cook first: daikon, radish.
- Proceed to add the rest of the vegetables and chicken, leaving peas and mitsuba till last minute so they don't lose their colour.
- After 15 minutes or so, add mochi and soy sauce.
- Once mochi is soft and gooey, the zoni is ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.3, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 64, Sodium 3183.5, Carbohydrate 36.2, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 6.8, Protein 30.5
- Combine water and seaweed; bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1/2 an hour.
- Add in the onion, soy sauce, sake, and spinach; bring to a boil.
- Add celery and salt; mix well.
- Garnish with lemon zest and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 97.1, Fat 0.2, Sodium 42.9, Carbohydrate 19.2, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 8.1, Protein 2.2
NEW YEAR'S DAY OZONI SOUP
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and cover with warm water; let soak, about 15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out water from mushrooms; slice.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler on high. Place mochi on a baking sheet.
- Broil mochi, turning frequently, until inflated, crisp, and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Cut into 1-inch strips.
- Combine water and dashi-no-moto in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until dashi is dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, and salt; simmer until chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Mix shrimp, mushrooms, spinach, carrots, daikon radish, and bamboo shoots into chicken mixture; simmer until vegetables are tender and shrimp is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Divide mochi strips among 4 bowls and top with soup. Garnish soup with kamaboko slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 347.8 calories, Carbohydrate 63.5 g, Cholesterol 63.4 mg, Fat 1.7 g, Fiber 6.4 g, Protein 20.5 g, SaturatedFat 0.4 g, Sodium 189.1 mg, Sugar 3.4 g
More about "zoni recipes"
OZONI (ZONI) - TRADITIONAL JAPANESE RECIPE | 196 FLAVORS
5/5 (1)Category SoupCuisine Asian, JapaneseTotal Time 30 mins
- Heat the dashi in a saucepan on medium heat and add the daikon radish, carrot and kamaboko.
OZONI RECIPE | JAPANESE RECIPES | PBS FOOD
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
PIN ON JAPANESE RECIPES
KYOTO-STYLE ZONI SOUP RECIPE | RECIPE | BEST FOOD EVER ...
VEGAN OZONI (JAPANESE NEW YEAR'S SOUP WITH RICE CAKE) RECIPE
26 EASY AND TASTY MOCHI SOUP RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
OZONI RECIPE JAPANESE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ZONGZI RECIPE- 6 EASY STEPS TO MAKE THE BEST RICE DUMPLING
ZONE DINNER RECIPES | INFLAMMATORY REDUCING DINNER IDEAS
OZONI お雑煮 - JAPANESE FOOD AND RECIPE BLOG
NUTRITION & RECIPES - ZONIA
MATSUMAE ZONI SOUP RECIPE - THANKS FOR THE MEAL
ZONE DIET RECIPES | ANTI-INFLAMMATORY MEALS
ZONI RECIPE PHOTOS - ALLRECIPES.COM
ZONI — A RECIPE REBORN — FFXIV FOOD IRL
NEW YEAR JAPANESE SOUP WITH RI - COOKBUZZ
OZONI (ZONI) RECIPE - JAPANESE COOKING 101 - YOUTUBE
RECIPES - ZONYA.COM
25 EASY AND TASTY ZONI RECIPES BY HOME COOKS - COOKPAD
OZONI RECIPE :: STORY OF A KITCHEN
OZONI (ZONI) RECIPE – JAPANESE COOKING 101
ZONI (RICE CAKE SOUP) RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
ZONI | COOKING MAMA WIKI | FANDOM
ZONI PHOTOS RECIPE
OUR RECIPES - ZONIN.IT
OZONI - JAPANESE NEW YEAR MOCHI SOUP - CHOPSTICK CHRONICLES
ZONI - TRADITIONAL JAPANESE SOUP | SUMO KITCHEN
ZONI (RICE CAKE SOUP) - COMPLETERECIPES.COM
OZONI RECIPE (KYOTO STYLE) – JAPANESE COOKING 101
ZONI JAPANESE NEW YEAR SOUP - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ZONI (RICE CAKE SOUP) ARCHIVES – BAKER RECIPES®
ZONI (RICE CAKE SOUP) - 500,000+ RECIPES, MEAL PLANNER AND ...
RECIPE: ZONI (RICE CAKE SOUP)
KANSAI STYLE) - JAPANESE FOOD AND RECIPE BLOG
RECIPE: JAPANESE OZONI SOUP - FOOD NEWS
ZOUNI (雑煮) - FOOD IN JAPAN
Special New Year's Recipe: Zoni (Japanese Rice Cake Soup)【Sushi Chef Eye View】1K views-03:45
Zoni | Cooking Final Fantasy XIV Food3.2K views-04:25
ZONI or OZONI recipe (one of the most popular Japanese NEW YEAR dish )190 views-09:38
Ozoni (Zoni) Recipe - Japanese Cooking 10161K views-03:40
Ozoni Recipe (Kyoto Style) - Japanese Cooking 10114K views-03:04
Crispy Box Patties Recipe @Zoni Adnan23 views-01:51
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook ozoni (Zoni)?Ozoni (Zoni) Recipe. Heat Dashi in a pot at medium temperature and add Daikon radish, carrot and Kamaboko, and cook until vegetables become tender. Meanwhile, bake Mochi in a toaster oven about 5 minutes until the Mochi has expanded and browned.
Is Zoni (ozoni) vegan?Many dishes in Japanese cuisine can easily be made vegan, as is the case for this traditional Japanese New Year's soup, known as zoni, also called ozoni (honorific term). Ozoni is a soup consisting of vegetables and mochi (rice cake) and may include chicken, fish, seafood, or kamaboko (fish cake) in non-vegan versions.
How to make zongzi at home?Fold top leaves and wrap according to the shape of the Zongzi. Fix with cotton yarn in the middle. It is not difficult but hard to describe with words. So please watch the video carefully! Add enough water to cover Zongzi and then bring to boil. Simmer for 80 minutes and then soak for around 1 hour after turning off the fire.
How long do you cook zongzi for?Simmer for 80 minutes and then soak for around 1 hour after turning off the fire. This Zongzi can be frozen for 2 weeks. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.