CRESCENT ZUCCHINI PIE
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles and place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with points toward the center. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of plate to form a crust; seal seams. Spread with mustard., In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheeses, seasonings and zucchini mixture. Pour into crust., Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover edges loosely with foil if crust browns too quickly. Freeze option: Securely wrap and freeze cooled pie in plastic wrap and foil. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap pie; reheat in oven until heated through and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 413 calories, Fat 30g fat (16g saturated fat), Cholesterol 128mg cholesterol, Sodium 849mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
ZUCCHINI ONION PIE
This was a recipe from TOH that I tweaked to my preferences. Very Yummy way to use up those zucchini's. Use the spices you like...I am always changing the spices. I also have added bacon to this, which was quite tasty. Enjoy!
Provided by Cassie *
Categories Savory Pies
Number Of Ingredients 11
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients. Stir in the zucchini, baking mix and onion. Pour into a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 40 - 45 minutes or until lightly browned. You could add ham, bacon, different spices and cheeses. A very good recipe!
ZUCCHINI APPLE PIE
I'm an RN and a patient's family shared this recipe with me when I was complaining about having too much zucchini. It tastes surprisingly like apple, most people don't realize it's not apple until you tell them. Make sure the zucchini used in recipe has skin soft enough that your thumbnail can pierce it.
Provided by Elizabeth Wood
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Peel the zucchini. Cut into quarters lengthwise, then remove seeds and cut crosswise (as you would cut apples for apple pie). Toss together 4 cups chopped zucchini, lemon juice and salt. Place mixture into frying pan and cook until tender-crisp.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, cream of tartar, nutmeg and flour. Add the cooked zucchini to sugar mixture and mix well. It will be a little runny, but that's OK.
- Place filling into a 9 inch pie crust, dot with butter, and place top crust on. Bake in oven at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272.1 calories, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fat 7.7 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 2.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 135 mg, Sugar 34.9 g
ITALIAN ZUCCHINI PIE
This pie is Wonderful... I made for my adult children & they fell in love with it. Surprisingly the men LOVED it. I also made it for my friends mothers day celebration (about 20 people, made two pies) and her they all really loved it too. When there was only 1/2 pie left she took it and hid it from everyone so she could take it home LOL
Provided by Pricilla
Categories Savory Pies
Yield 1 pie, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Saute the zucchini and onion in the butter until zucchini is softened and onions are translucent. Stir in the chopped parsley, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and oregano.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cheese and mustard, then add the zucchini/onion mixture.
- Spread the pie crust across the bottom and up the sides of baking dish that has been lightly greased. Carefully lift it into the dish and press across the bottom and up the sides.
- Pour zucchini mixture into the crust and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Cover with foil for last 10 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
SUMMERTIME ZUCCHINI PIE
A quiche-like dish for a light lunch or brunch, also makes a great side dish. I developed this recipe after having an abundance of zucchini in my garden every summer and trying to find a delicious way to enjoy all of it! You can substitute 2 tablespoons butter for the bacon and drippings if you prefer to leave the bacon out of the recipe.
Provided by mcd85
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Press pie crust into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. Cover the edges of the crust with aluminum foil.
- Bake pie crust until lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Set pie crust aside to cool. Increase oven heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels, while retaining drippings in the skillet.
- Stir zucchini, mushrooms, onion, and garlic into the reserved bacon drippings; season with Italian seasoning, dill, parsley, garlic salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir the zucchini mixture until the zucchini is tender yet crisp, 5 to 7 minutes; remove from heat.
- Chop the bacon and stir through the zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle about half the mozzarella cheese into the bottom of the pie crust. Spoon zucchini mixture over the mozzarella cheese layer. Pour eggs over the zucchini mixture; top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese. Put pie plate onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top begins to brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.3 calories, Carbohydrate 15.6 g, Cholesterol 57.1 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 10.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 484.3 mg, Sugar 2 g
ZUCCHINI DEEP DISH PIE
- 375 for oven. Unroll dough and place into a pie plate and press together to form a crust. Spread mustard over the bottom. Cook zucchini and onion in butter on med high heat. Season with salt pepper and seasoning. Remove from heat and stir in parsley. Whisk eggs and stir in cheese. Add vegetables and pour into pan. Spread evenly and bake at 30 minutes. Cut into wedges to serve.
More about "zucchini deep dish pie recipes"
BLUE RIBBON ZUCCHINI PIE - THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
5/5 (2)Category DinnerCuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 mins
- To make the crust toss the flour with the sugar, cornstarch and salt and then drizzle in the melted butter until the mixture becomes crumbly. Make sure all the flour gets moistened. Pat the crust into a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Press it up the sides of the pan. Prick the bottom of the dough all over with a fork. Bake for 12 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large pot bring enough water to cover the zucchini to a boil. When the water is at a rolling boil, add the zucchini for just 60 seconds. Drain the zucchini and immediately plunge them into a large bowl of ice water. Drain on a clean kitchen towel. Pat them dry.
- Put a layer of onions on the bottom of the crust. Top with the zucchini, layering them in a spiral pattern. Sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
ZUCCHINI ONION PIE - RECIPES - FAXO
ZUCCHINI DEEP DISH PIE (QUICHE) BY PAMPERED CHEF ...
Servings 8Total Time 40 minsEstimated Reading Time 1 min
PIE MAKER RECIPES - 300+ RECIPES – PIE MAKER STUFF
ZUCCHINI AND POTATO PIE RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory BakedCalories 213 per serving
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water for 25-30 minutes, until tender. Drain, peel and mash, using a potato masher, ricer or food mill.
- Butter a 9-inch pie plate and sprinkle with half the crumbs. Fill with the potato mixture, smoothing out the top.
ZUCCHINI QUICHE RECIPE WITH DEEP DISH CRUST - THESE OLD ...
Servings 6Total Time 1 hrCategory Main CourseCalories 598 per serving
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add zucchini, sauté until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, and drain if a lot of oil remains. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, Worchestershire sauce, and black pepper.
ZUCCHINI PIE - THE SEASONED MOM
Ratings 33Calories 288 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish
SUMMER GARDEN CRUSTLESS ZUCCHINI PIE | AMBITIOUS KITCHEN
5/5 (17)Calories 176 per servingTotal Time 1 hr
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 inch deep dish pie pan (or a 9 inch springform pan) with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium high heat. Once hot, add garlic, green onions and sauté until fragrant. Then add in mushrooms, tomatoes, red bell pepper and corn; season with a little salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms begin to soften. (We're not cooking the zucchini!) Remove veggies from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, flour, basil, 1/2 cup shredded cheese and a little salt & pepper.
- Add all of the veggies (including the zucchini) to the greased pie pan and spread out evenly. Next pour your egg mixture over the top of the veggies. Sprinkle the top with remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
ZUCCHINI, ONION & SWEET CORN PIE ⋆ MIMOSAS & MOTHERHOOD
Reviews 1Estimated Reading Time 6 minsServings 8Total Time 50 mins
HOMEMADE BACON ZUCCHINI QUICHE RECIPE - EVERYDAY DISHES
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 331 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll out pie crust and place it in a 9" round deep-dish pie pan. Flute or decorate the edges of the crust, if desired.
- Next, dock the dough by using a fork to poke holes in the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Then prepare to blind bake a pie crust for 15 minutes.
- To blind bake, place a piece of parchment or wax paper into the pie dish on top of the crust and pour in enough dried beans or rice to come about half way up the crust. These will weigh down the crust and parchment paper. Then place the crust into the oven for 15 minutes to bake while preparing the filling.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, crack one egg and whisk it together with the flour until completely smooth. Continue to add the remaining 5 eggs and whisk until there’s a uniform consistency.
SAVORY PIES WITH ZUCCHINI: 5 EASY RECIPES - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
ZUCCHINI ONION PIE RECIPE - PIACHOI.COM
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
ITALIAN ZUCCHINI QUICHE RECIPE | SARGENTO® FOODS INCORPORATED
Servings 6Calories 305 per servingCategory Breakfast
ZUCCHINI PIE - TIFFANIE - QUICK & EASY FOOD RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory DessertServings 8Total Time 50 mins
DEEP DISH ZUCCHINI PIZZA RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
1/5 Calories 305 per serving
ZUCCHINI DEEP DISH PIE RECIPES
ZUCCHINI CRESCENT ROLL PIE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
10 BEST ZUCCHINI PIE RECIPE : ZUCCHINI
DEEP DISH ZUCCHINI PIZZA - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ZUCCHINI DEEP DISH PIE - MAIN DISHES | PAMPEREDCHEF.COM ...
MUSHROOM AND ZUCCHINI QUICHE WITH ONION RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ZUCCHINI DEEP DISH PIE RECIPE
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions