ZUCCHINI STUFFED PORK CHOPS & MUSTARD SAUCE
This is my mother's recipe, and it's a good one! I've added a few things like the sesame seeds, but otherwise, I've copied it. It looks long, but this comes together very quickly! If you don't want to use the heavy cream, try it with sour cream, or lite sour cream.
Provided by A la Carte
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Toss the zucchini and salt well in a colander and let it drain for about 30 minutes. Squeeze the zucchini dry (I use paper towels to do this).
- In a large non-stick skillet heat 3 tbsp of the oil and cook the garlic and the zuchini over a fairly low heat, stirring until it's just tender. (Don't cook it any longer or it will be too mushy).
- Stir in the parmesan and let cool.
- Cut a deep pocket in each chop and stuff with the zucchini.
- Heat the remaining oil in another large non-stick skillet over medium high heat until it is hot but not smoking.
- Pat the chops dry with a paper towel, and coat them in the sesame seeds. Press the seeds in (you might need more or less depending on the size of your pc's) -- and saute (3 at a time if you like), turning them once, til they are firm to the touch (about 8 minutes total).
- Keep warm on a platter in the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the mustard sauce: In the oil remaining in the skillet that you cooked the pork chops in, saute the onion over medium high heat until it is soft, about 2 minutes. Add the wine and de-glaze the pan. Whisk in the cream (or stir in the sour cream). Add the mustard, the parmesan cheese, and any juice that may have accumulated on the platter, and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- I spoon it over the chops or you could serve them on top of a pool of sauce. Goes very well with spinach btw!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 714.8, Fat 55.2, SaturatedFat 18.4, Cholesterol 159.9, Sodium 2025.1, Carbohydrate 11, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 2.6, Protein 41.2
PORK SAUSAGE STUFFED ZUCCHINI
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Coat bottom of a medium pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add onions and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook until translucent and fragrant, about 3 minutes more. Add the sausage and cook, stirring frequently and breaking up the sausage into crumbles, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove mixture from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add oregano and Parmesan and stir to combine.
- Fill each zucchini with the sausage mixture, packing them slightly, and place on a sheet tray. Drizzle with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot. Pat pork dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet, swirling to coat, then brown chops, turning over once, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a shallow baking pan, reserving skillet, and bake, uncovered, until cooked through, about 5 minutes. Let stand, loosely covered with foil, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour off fat from skillet, then cook shallots in butter over moderate heat, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add broth and any juices from baking pan and boil, scraping up any brown bits, 2 minutes. Add mustard and cream and return to a boil, then add lemon juice and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
ZUCCHINI AND PORK SOUP
Besides being tasty, this soup is also low in calories and fat, inexpensive, and very quick to make. The ingredients are ones that I usually stock in my kitchen, but aren't expensive to buy if you don't. They can be used in many other ways, too, so you won't be wasting anything. This soup reheats and freezes well.
Provided by BFHAWKINS
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place flour in a resealable plastic bag. Add pork cubes. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium high heat. Add pork and brown in oil for about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a 5 to 8 quart soup pot, heat remaining teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and bell pepper. Saute for just a few minutes until tender, but not browned.
- Add reserved pork, zucchini, sun-dried tomato bits, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, oyster sauce, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat until almost boiling, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 169.5 calories, Carbohydrate 14.3 g, Cholesterol 34.1 mg, Fat 5 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 16.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 655.8 mg, Sugar 4.5 g
EASY ITALIAN-STYLE PORK CHOPS AND ZUCCHINI DINNER
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the pork chops and sprinkle both sides with the rosemary (or oregano) and salt, cook the chops, turning occasionally, until well browned on both sides, about 6-7 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic, and zucchini slices, and continue cooking until the onions are soft about 5-6 minutes longer.
- Add the pasta sauce, stirring until it is well combined with the chops and vegetables, adjust the heat so that the sauce simmers gently and cook 6-8 minutes longer, or until the zucchini slices are crisp tender and the chops are just cooked through, tested in the thickest part with the point of a paring knife.
- Serve the chops and zucchini sauce mixture over the pasta.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 406.1, Fat 13.6, SaturatedFat 3.3, Cholesterol 64.6, Sodium 1104.6, Carbohydrate 40.2, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 13.2, Protein 32
ZUCCHINI PARMESAN WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute zucchini until softened, 5 to 10 minutes. Season zucchini with oregano and basil. Add tomato sauce; cook and stir until heated through, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over zucchini mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 125.9 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 4.4 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.9 g, Sodium 570.1 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
More about "zucchinistuffedporkchopsmustardsauce recipes"
GRILLED PORK CHOPS WITH ZUCCHINI AND MUSHROOMS RECIPE ...
Servings 4Total Time 25 mins
PORK CHOPS WITH ZUCCHINI AND TOMATOES RECIPE
4/5 (19)Total Time 55 minsCategory Entree, DinnerCalories 640 per serving
DEEP SOUTH DISH: ROASTED ZUCCHINI, ONIONS, PEPPERS AND ...
Total Time 45 mins
ZUCCHINI STUFFED WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
STUFFED ZUCCHINI - JO COOKS
4.9/5 (8)Total Time 40 minsCategory LunchCalories 200 per serving
PULLED PORK STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS - SWEET PEAS AND SAFFRON
5/5 (1)Calories 320 per servingCategory Dinner
STUFFED ZUCCHINI WITH CHEESY BREADCRUMBS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
ZUCCHINI STUFFED PORK CHOPS MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPES
BARBARA BUSH'S FAVORITE ZUCCHINI SOUP | THE AMERICAN MOMS
PORK CHOPS MUSHROOM WINE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
SKILLET PORK CHOPS WITH ZUCCHINI AND SQUASH | RECIPELION.COM
STUFFED ZUCCHINI WITH HOMEMADE PASTA SAUCE | BEYONDGUMBO
PORK SAUSAGE STUFFED ZUCCHINI | MYDELICIOUSMEALS.COM
ROASTED ZUCCHINI STUFFED WITH PARMESAN GARLIC BREADCRUMBS
EASY GERMAN BONELESS MUSTARD PORK CHOPS RECIPE
ZUCCHINI-STUFFED PORK CHOPS WITH MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE ...
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD | RICARDO
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT RECIPES AND COOKING TIPS AT ...
MYSTERY LOVERS' KITCHEN: MAC O’LANTERNS #HALLOWEEN RECIPE ...
You'll also love