THE BEST 33 HOMINY RECIPES
Number Of Ingredients 30
- Choose your favorite dish!
- Prepare ingredients according to the recipe.
- Be ready in 30 minutes or less!
EASY HOMINY SOUP
Perfect for Meatless Monday or if you're following a vegan lifestyle, this soup is packed with flavor and healthy veggies. Save the leftovers for a delicious lunch during the week!
Provided by Izzy
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and garlic.
- Saute for about 1 minute or until fragrant, add chopped onion and bay leaf. Saute until the onions are lightly brown.
- Transfer everything to a large pot.
- Add carrots, tomatoes, canned hominy, bay leafs, and cumin into the pot.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until it begins to bubble up.
- Pour in veggie stock and bring it to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the carrots are done.
- Pour into a bowl. Garnish with choped parsley and squeeze lime on top. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe has been in our family for a long time, but I'm not sure where it originated. Though it has a Southwestern flair, we love it here in Missouri.
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- In a saucepan, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts :
GRANDMA'S HOT HOMINY
This is a great side dish for the holidays. Grandma always served this with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Goes well with turkey and dressing.
Provided by oldcook
Categories 100+ Everyday Cooking Recipes Vegetarian Side Dishes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine hominy, garlic, and jalapeno in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until hominy is tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Strain out liquid and pour hominy mixture into baking dish. Stir sour cream and butter into hominy mixture; top with Cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until cheese melts, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 219.8 calories, Carbohydrate 14.8 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 14.4 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 7.8 g, SaturatedFat 8.7 g, Sodium 365.5 mg, Sugar 1.9 g
More about "30 best ways to use hominy recipes"
35 HOMINY RECIPES YOU HAVE TO TRY - WHIMSY & SPICE
Category DinnerPublished Sep 15, 2022
- Pinto Posole. We have to kick our list off with posole! After all, it’s probably the first dish that springs to mind when you hear the word ‘hominy.’
- Hominy Au Gratin. If you’re a fan of gratin why not add some hominy to it? This recipe is just as creamy and cheesy as traditional gratin, but it has the addition of earthy hominy and savory bacon.
- Blue Cheese Hominy Casserole. This may be one of the most exciting casseroles you ever make! The blue cheese, smoky paprika, and lashings of hominy mean this casserole can’t be described as anything other than bold.
- Pinto Bean And Hominy Salad. This Texan inspired salad is a fresh way to prepare hominy and is easy to make. It’s bursting with fresh vegetables, pinto beans, and – of course – hominy.
- Llapingachos de Mote (Hominy Corn Patties) Llapingachos are an Ecuadorian dish that you won’t be able to get enough of! Traditional llapingachos are a kind of potato patty full of melty cheese.
- Canjica (Brazilian Hominy Pudding) Canjica is a very special dessert that hails from Brazil and is reminiscent of rice pudding. The condensed milk helps make the pudding creamy, rich, and sweet, while the nutmeg and cinnamon warms the dish up.
- Mote Pillo (Ecuadorian Hominy With Eggs) Mote Pillo is a satisfying breakfast that takes scrambled eggs to the next level! In this dish you sauté onions and hominy and simmer them with milk for the best depth of flavor, before adding scrambled eggs.
- Summer Zucchini And Hominy. This delicious vegetable dish is so easy to make that it will be your dish of the summer! This recipe isn’t process-heavy at all.
- Instant Pot Hominy. We all love Instant Pot dishes, right? And this earthy, slightly sweet recipe needs just four ingredients. This dish makes an excellent side dish to a simple midweek dinner like garlic pork chops or even a Mexican take on a Buddha bowl, or you can make it as a side dish for holiday dinners too.
- Vegan Hominy Corn Porridge. Love porridge but want to cut down on diary? Then give this vegan hominy corn porridge a try! This is a Jamaican dish that contains hominy kernels in a creamy and thick porridge that is infused with vanilla.
HOW TO COOK CANNED HOMINY • LOAVES AND DISHES
Jan 29, 2020 To fry hominy… Drain the can of hominy well. Melt 1 tablespoon of bacon grease in your frying pan (substitute butter if you do not have bacon grease). Pu the hominy in the frying pan and allow to cook on each side …
HOW TO COOK WITH CANNED AND DRIED HOMINY - BON APPéTIT
Sep 29, 2015 Use canned hominy like you would use beans in a stew. Unlike beans, which mainly absorb the flavor of whatever liquid they're cooked in or added to, hominy retains its distinct corn flavor...
17 HOMINY RECIPES THAT CAN MAKE ANY MEAL EXTRA SPECIAL …
May 11, 2021 This hominy au gratin casserole is a great way to make use of hominy in a recipe. It’s super creamy and easy to make too! It would be best if you had a handful of ingredients to make the dish, such as butter, all-purpose …
CAJUN HOMINY SKILLET - THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS
Oct 7, 2021 Instructions. Cook the bacon in a skillet, remove, drain and set aside saving a couple tablespoons of the drippings. Add the onion, green pepper and celery to the skillet and cook until tender. Pour in drained hominy and …
12 Hearty Hominy Soup Recipes Pork and Hominy Stew 22 Ratings Terri's Chicken Carcass Stew 15 Ratings Pueblo Stew 12 Ratings Southwest Corn Chowder 10 Ratings Red Chile Pozole Slow Cooker Turkey Posole 2 Ratings …
10 BEST CANNED HOMINY RECIPES | YUMMLY
Jan 16, 2023 white onion, hominy, chicken, garlic cloves, jalapenos, chopped fresh cilantro and 3 more Red Pozole with Chicken Ragú chipotles in adobo, lime juice, water, boneless skinless chicken thighs and 5 more
EASY HOMINY CASSEROLE RECIPE | THE RECIPE CRITIC
Dec 22, 2020 Mix: In a medium sized bowl combine the hominy, sour cream, green chilis and Monterey jack cheese. Spread: Place in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top: Sprinkle …
10 EASY CANNED HOMINY RECIPES – HAPPY MUNCHER
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Cook until the vegetables are softened, …
HOW TO USE HOMINY | FN DISH - BEHIND-THE-SCENES, FOOD TRENDS, …
• Stir hominy into warm soft polenta, then spread the mixture into a lightly oiled baking pan. Chill until firm, then cut into squares, brush with oil, season with cayenne, salt and pepper, then ...
10 WHOLE30 SOUP RECIPES - THE WHOLE30® PROGRAM
Jan 30, 2023 Recipe and photos by Sarah Steffens. This 30-minute meal uses simple ingredients that produce an intensely flavorful outcome. Browned pork sausage and sauteed …
WHAT IS HOMINY? AND HOW TO COOK HOMINY - FOOD NETWORK
Aug 12, 2021 Hominy is a key ingredient in posole, a hearty Mexican stew, and can also be used to bolster a variety of soups, such as Chicken Soup with Wild Rice and Hominy and …
HOMINY: WHAT IT IS, HOW TO USE IT, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN
Jan 31, 2022 Canned hominy is ready to be used immediately whereas dried hominy needs to be prepared in the same way as dried beans. Soak the kernels overnight (or around 6-8 …
HOMINY RECIPES - NYT COOKING
Browse and save the best hominy recipes on New York Times Cooking. X Search. Hominy Recipes. Arroz con Pollo Verde Kay Chun. 45 minutes. Easy. Brothy Chicken Soup With …
12 HEARTY HOMINY SOUP RECIPES
Mar 31, 2021 Spicy Chicken and Hominy Mexican Soup. View Recipe. This easy pozole-inspired soup is loaded with beans and hominy. Puree a cup of the broth with a cup of …
HOW TO USE HOMINY IN YOUR COOKING - 2023 - MASTERCLASS
Jun 7, 2021 Uses for hominy include: 1. Masa harina: Fine-ground hominy is a cornmeal known as masa harina. Combined with water, it becomes masa, or dough. Masa harina is the …
8 RECIPES TO HELP YOU REDISCOVER HOMINY | KITCHN
Aug 27, 2013 • Shrimp Soup with Black Beans and Hominy – Food & Wine • Hominy Quesadillas – Sweet Life Bake • Pork and Hominy Posole – The Noshery • Spicy Chicken and …
WHAT IS HOMINY AND HOW TO USE IT | KEVIN IS COOKING
Apr 12, 2022 Hominy is made from field corn (maize) that has been soaked in a solution made of lime, lye, or ash. Once it has soaked, the husk is removed and then the grain is either dried, …
3 WAYS TO COOK HOMINY - WIKIHOW
Dec 16, 2020 Cover 2 1/2 cups (454 g) of dried hominy with water in a soup pot. Pour the dried hominy into a large soup pot. Fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the hominy by …
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love