ROOT VEGETABLE MASH
Mash doesn't have to be all about potatoes. This superhealthy side adds swede and carrots to the mix for a veggie treat
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place the potatoes, swede and carrots in a large pan of salted water. Bring to the boil and cook for 20-25 mins until tender. Drain and mash with a potato masher. Add the butter and a generous amount of seasoning.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 171 calories, Fat 6 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 28 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 11 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.1 milligram of sodium
THREE ROOT MASH
From Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall of River Cottage Fame. We love this and usually have potatoes, carrots and swede as our root combo. The website says; "This goes well with roast joints and stews in winter, or can be a meal on its own with a couple of rashers of bacon and a fried egg on top" The original may be found here http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/hugh-fearnley-whittingstall/three_root_mash_p_1.html
Provided by Pearlesyarn
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Cook 500g peeled chopped potatoes in one pan until tender and 1kg mixed root vegetables in another. Drain well.
- In one of the pans, heat 125g butter with a little milk or cream, black pepper and nutmeg, add the potatoes and mash thoroughly. Rub in the other vegetables through a sieve and beat well.
- Adjust the consistency with more milk or butter if needed.
ROOT VEGETABLE MASH
Provided by Michael Symon : Food Network
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Boil vegetables in a medium pot until tender. Drain liquid, and mash with cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.
- For the Gravy: In a medium sauce pan heat the olive oil over medium heat and saute mushrooms until soft. Add the wine and demi-glace and reduce until the gravy coats the back of a spoon.
A THREE-ROOT MASH
I'm not suggesting we should inflict anything on our family or friends that they won't eat, but there are worse ways of getting rid of an unwanted rutabaga than in this three-root mash. Works well with pretty much anything, even fish.
Yield enough for 4
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Peel the rutabaga, carrots, and potatoes, chop them into large, similar-sized pieces, and bring them to a boil in lightly salted water. Decrease the heat as they reach a boil and let them simmer enthusiastically for about 25 minutes, until all are tender. One may be ready slightly before the others but it really doesn't matter here.
- Drain, then crush with a potato masher. Introduce the butter and beat with a wooden spoon until fluffy. If you use an electric mixer, then go easy, taking care not to overmix and turn the mash "gluey." Season with black pepper and a brief grating of nutmeg.
THREE ROOT MASH
Mashed white potatoes, sweet potatoes and rutabaga. This recipe is for those who don't like these ingredients by themselves. This is a way to combine the flavors of all three root vegetables without the overpowering taste. It is creamy, smooth and absolutely delicious. I developed this recipe.
Provided by Gordon Godsman
Yield 6 cups, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- 1. Peel Rutabaga, Sweet potatoes and White potatoes.
- 2. Cut into bite size pieces (approx. 3/4 inch).
- 3. Combine Rutabaga and Sweet potatoes in a pot of water.
- 4. Bring to a boil.
- 5. Lower temperature and cook for approximately 20-25 minutes.
- 6. Boil White potatoes separately for approximately 15-20 minutes.
- 7. Combine all ingredients in an electric mixer and blend until smooth.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.1, Fat 4.1, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 13.2, Sodium 230.9, Carbohydrate 30.3, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 6, Protein 3.4
MASHED ROOT VEGETABLES
- Cook first 4 ingredients in large pot of boiling salted water until almost tender, about 20 minutes. Add potatoes and continue cooking until all vegetables are very tender, about 15 minutes longer. Drain. Discard bay leaf. Return vegetables to same pot. Stir over medium heat to allow excess water to evaporate, about 2 minutes. Add butter; mash until vegetables are almost smooth. Mix in 1 tablespoon parsley. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm over low heat, stirring often.) Transfer vegetables to bowl. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.
More about "a three root mash recipes"
FALL FARE: WHIP UP THIS HEALTHY THREE ROOT SMASH
THREE-ROOT MASH | RIVER COTTAGE
SHEPHERD'S PIE WITH THREE ROOT MASH - ADELAIDE …
ROOT VEGETABLE MASH | HEALTHY WINTER SIDE DISH RECIPE
THREE ROOT MASH - FLAX OIL | THE LINSEED FARM
THREE ROOT MASH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Servings 4Category Side Dishes
ROOT VEGETABLE MASH RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
CELERY ROOT MASH - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE : WATCH RECIPE VIDEOS
THREE ROOT MASH | LUCIE LOVES FOOD
CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THREE-ROOT MASH - MYSAVORYSPOON
ROOT MASH | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
THREE-ROOT MASH | FOOD, ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPES, COOKING AND …
ROOT MASH RECIPE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
ROOT VEGETABLE MASH RECIPE - MOUNTAIN MAMA COOKS
3 ROOT VEGGIE MASH RECIPE - BOXXFRESH
A THREE-ROOT MASH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ROOT VEGETABLE MASH - FRUGALFEEDING
THREE ROOT MASH – LIVE2GIVE
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
THREE ROOT MASH | LINSEED OIL | FLAXSEED OIL | FLAX OIL
MATCHES FOR MASH - RECIPES - IOL
MOONSHINE MASH RECIPES – HOWTOMOONSHINE
MASHED CELERY ROOT RECIPE - THERESCIPES.INFO
THREE ROOT MASH | FOOD PROCESSOR RECIPES, BAKED TROUT, ROOT MASH …
CELERY ROOT MASH RECIPE : CELERY ROOT RECIPE & NUTRITION
THREE-ROOT MASH | ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPES, FOOD, RECIPES
CELERY ROOT MASHED POTATOES RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THREE ROOT MASH RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How many root vegetables do I need to make mashed potatoes?Of course, you don’t have to stick to three roots: you could use two, four or as many as suits you. Do always include potatoes, however, to give the mash body and to stop it getting too sweet. Cook the carrots and parsnips in a pan of boiling salted water until tender.
What can I do with mixed root Veg mash?A delicious mixed root veg mash to serve with comforting autumn and winter favourites – roasts, pies, stews or sausages. Read more about sharing. Put the vegetables in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat slightly and simmer for 25–30 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender.
How do you make mashed potatoes with carrots and parsnips?Put the carrots and parsnips in a food processor, with half the butter or oil, and blend to a creamy puree. Heat the milk and the remaining butter or oil in the pan in which the potatoes were cooked, then add the potatoes and mash until smooth.
How long does it take to boil potatoes to make MASH?Bring to the boil and cook for 20-25 mins until tender. Drain and mash with a potato masher. Add the butter and a generous amount of seasoning.