ALOO GOBI - POTATOES & CAULIFLOWER
- Heat 2 teaspoon of oil in a pan on medium heat. Add cauliflower florets and fry for 2-3 minutes and then add the sliced potatoes.
- Fry on medium-low flame for 7-8 minutes till potatoes and cauliflower have some brown spots on them.
- Drain on a tissue paper and set aside.
- In the same pan heat 1.5 teaspoon of oil on medium heat and add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes till translucent.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and cook for another 2 minutes or till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes till they are little soft.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and amchur (mango powder).
- Cover the pan and let the masala cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the potatoes and cauliflower to it and mix.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and give a good mix.
- Add garam masala and cook the potato and cauliflower on medium-low heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add salt and cover the pan and cook more additional 6-7 minutes on low flame or till the potato and cauliflower are tender but not soggy. If you feel the masala is sticking, you may add some water. Add 1 tablespoon at a time and only add enough to cook the veggies. I did not add any water in mine.
- Garnish with some more coriander leaves and serve hot with any Indian bread.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 304 kcal, Carbohydrate 52 g, Protein 12 g, Fat 7 g, Sodium 122 mg, Fiber 13 g, Sugar 11 g, ServingSize 1 serving
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- Add chopped chillis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn't stick to the saucepan).
- Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
- Add two teaspoons of Garam Masala and stir.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 215.9, Fat 7.5, SaturatedFat 1, Sodium 335.1, Carbohydrate 34.4, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 5.7, Protein 5.7
Traditional Indian dish made of spiced cauliflower and potatoes. This dish is steamed and then fried in oil making it intentionally dry and somewhat crispy. WARNING: This dish is extremely spicy, which is the way I like it. However, if you don't like your food that spicy, feel free to cut down on the serrano pepper and/or cayenne pepper. Also, I would recommend serving this with a side of raita or plain yogurt to cool the mouth down after eating.
Provided by LUNACITY
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Fry cumin seeds for a few seconds until they turn golden brown and begin to pop. Reduce heat to medium, stir in the onion, and cook until lightly browned. Stir in serrano pepper and ginger; fry for 1 minute. Season with coriander, paprika, turmeric, cayenne, and garam masala; cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir potatoes and salt into the pot, cover, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add cauliflower, cover, and cook until cauliflower steams in its own juices until tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in lemon juice. Pour remaining 1 tablespoon of oil around the edges of the pot. Increase heat to medium-high and fry for 3 to 5 minutes to brown, stirring gently to avoid mashing the cauliflower.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 141.4 calories, Carbohydrate 17.8 g, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 3.7 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 1.1 g, Sodium 408.2 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
Provided by Aarti Sequeira
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Mix the Ginger-Garlic Paste, coriander, turmeric, and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl. This is a simple wet masala (spice mix). Set aside.
- In a large pot, warm the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the serrano pepper, wait 30 seconds, and then add the cumin seeds and wait until they're done spluttering.
- Add the wet masala (careful, it will also splutter). Cook until the paste thickens, deepens in color slightly, and oil oozes out of the perimeter of the masala, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and potatoes, stirring to coat the vegetables with the masala. Season with salt and add 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes. Then, remove the lid, stir, and cook until the cauliflower and potatoes are cooked through, about 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- Throw the garlic, ginger, and canola oil in a mini-food processor and let it go until it forms a semi-smooth paste. There will still be tiny little pieces in there, but overall, it should resemble a paste.
- Save what you don't use in a small glass jar. It should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 weeks. It's a delicious addition to marinades, pasta sauces, stir fry sauces, slow-cooker recipes, gravy etc. We always had a jar of this stuff in our fridge growing up.
Roasted cauliflower, peas and potatoes are cooked in a highly seasoned spice blend and finished with cilantro and lemon juice.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put the cauliflower on a baking sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons of the oil, the ground cumin, coriander and 2 teaspoons salt. Roast until soft and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic, chile, ginger and cumin seed, and cook until fragrant, stirring, about 1 minute (add a splash of water if the ingredients begin to stick). Add the potatoes, tomatoes, garam masala, turmeric and 2 teaspoons salt and cook, covered, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the cauliflower and peas and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro and lemon juice. Serve.
ALICIA'S ALOO GOBI
This is hands down the easiest and most delicious curry I have ever made. It's my own personal twist on Aloo Gobi, a traditionally dry Indian dish consisting of potatoes and cauliflower. The coconut milk adds the extra sauciness; my favorite part of curry. Serve with basmati rice or, better, with breads such as roti, naan, or pita.
Provided by Alicia
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes, then stir in garlic and cumin. Continue to cook until onion begins to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes and coconut and the coriander, salt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom. Stir until mixture begins to boil, then put in the potatoes, cauliflower, and garbanzo beans. Blend well. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- Simmer until the potatoes are tender, 45 minutes to an hour (this will depend on the size of the potato chunks). Sprinkle in the garam masala, stir, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 622.1 calories, Carbohydrate 64 g, Fat 39.2 g, Fiber 14.9 g, Protein 13.1 g, SaturatedFat 22.4 g, Sodium 2172.4 mg, Sugar 6.6 g
Aloo gobi is a very popular Indian recipe. In northern India, where I'm from, we call it gobi aloo. This vegetarian dish gets its flavors from turmeric, ginger, garlic and lime. -Soniya Saluja, The Belly Rules the Mind
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Select saute setting on a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Adjust for medium heat; add oil. When oil is hot, cook and stir cumin seeds until fragrant and they start to pop. Add onion; cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and ginger; cook 1 minute. Add chili powder, garam masala, cumin, salt and turmeric; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in cauliflower, potatoes and water. Press cancel., Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 3 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes; quick-release any remaining pressure. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 164 calories, Fat 4g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 514mg sodium, Carbohydrate 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
More about "aloo gobhi recipes"
BEST ALOO GOBI RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ALOO GOBI - DELISH
5/5 (9)Total Time 40 mins
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - SWASTHI'S RECIPES
Ratings 331Calories 175 per servingCategory Side
- Chop cauliflower florets to 1½ inch in size. Add them to slightly hot water and set aside 3 to 4 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. When they sizzle, add ginger garlic & saute for 30 seconds.
OIL FREE ALOO GOBHI KI SABJI।। आलू और गोभी की सब्जी …
ALOO GOBI RECIPE | ALOO GOBHI KI SABJI | ALOO GOBI DRY
ALOO GOBI RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE GRAVY ALOO GOBI | INDIAN VEG …
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ALOO GOBI (2 WAYS) - DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - PAKISTANI-SPICED POTATOES & CAULIFLOWER
ALOO GOBI – RESTAURANT STYLE - THE CURRY GUY
ALOO GOBI PARATHA RECIPE | ALOO GOBI KE PARATHE | ALU GOBI PARATHA
PRIYA KRISHNA'S ONE-PAN ALOO GOBI RECIPE - TODAY
ALOO GOBI MATAR » DASSANA'S VEG RECIPES
ALOO GOBI SABZI RECIPE - SPICY POTATO CAULIFLOWER SABZI
GOBHI ALOO RECIPE - NDTV FOOD
ALOO MATAR GOBI (CAULIFLOWER, PEAS, POTATOES) RECIPE
ALOO GOBI MASALA RECIPE | HOW TO MAKE ALOO GOBI - SUBBUS KITCHEN
ALOO GOBI RECIPE | CAULIFLOWER AND POTATO CURRY GUJARATI STYLE
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
ALOO GOBI (THE BEST POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER RECIPE!)
ALOO GOBI CURRY RECIPE - BBC FOOD
ALOO GOBI — PATAKS
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT ALOO GOBI | FOOD | THE GUARDIAN
ALOO GOBI - SPICE UP THE CURRY
ALOO GOBI - POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER - SPLASH OF TASTE
ALOO GOBI DRY RECIPE | ALOO GOBHI KI SABJI | ALOO GOBI MASALA DRY
SIMPLE ALOO GOBI BHAJI | ALOO GOBI RECIPE - SPOONS OF FLAVOR
INSTANT POT ALOO GOBI - MINISTRY OF CURRY
ALOO GOBHI RECIPES QUICK AND EASY- RECIPESALIVE
ALOO GOBI RECIPE | PUNJABI ALOO GOBI | DRY ALOO GOBHI KI SABZI ...
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - YOUTUBE
ALOO GOBI | VEGETABLES RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
ALOO GOBI (INDIAN-SPICED POTATOES & CAULIFLOWER) - FEASTING AT …
ALOO GOBI (POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER) RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
ALOO GOBHI RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
ALOO GOBI (POTATO & CAULIFLOWER) - MANJULA'S KITCHEN - INDIAN ...
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - VEG VEGAN MEAT
PRIYA & RITU KRISHNA'S ROASTED ALOO GOBHI (POTATOES AND CAULIFLOWER)
DHABA STYLE ALOO PHOOL GOBI MASALA - SPOONS OF FLAVOR
ALOO GOBI RECIPE - INSPIRED INDIAN
DUBAI MAIN ALOO GOBHI BNAI BY ANAM OFFICIAL VLOGS | ALOO GOBHI …
You'll also love