VANILLA CRUMB PIE
This is from "Mary's Bakery, in Charm Ohio. When I would go to amish country, I always went out of my way to this lil bakery. They also had log cabins for folks to stay overnight and they prepared all the food and "entertainment. The cabins were quite rustic, with a ladder up to the loft. The girls were so much fun. Popping...
Provided by gaynel mohler
Categories Other Desserts
Number Of Ingredients 14
- 1. In a saucepan, bring filling ingredients to a boil. let cool slightly
- 2. Combine crumb ingredients
- 3. Pour cooled sauce in an unbaked pie crust.Add crumbs on top
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until golden brown
AMISH VANILLA PIE
- In a saucepan, combine white sugar, 4 Tbsp flour, egg, molasses, water, and vanilla.
- Bring to a full, rolling boil; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, butter, and shortening; rub together with fingers to make crumbs.
- Pour 1/2 of cooked mixture into each unbaked shell; cover each pie with crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Note: This pie is even better when cooled, the second day!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 3198.8, Fat 114.8, SaturatedFat 37.5, Cholesterol 166.8, Sodium 1916.9, Carbohydrate 521.2, Fiber 6.7, Sugar 300.4, Protein 28.6
AMISH VANILLA PIE
Syrup pie (Treacle Tart) has always been my husband's favorite from his English mum. This Amish Vanilla Pie recipe from Marcia Adam's "New Recipes from Quilt Country" is similar in flavor but has more filling and a crumb topping. It tastes like a pecan pie but more vanilla tasting (great for people like my husband who likes pecan pie, but hates the nuts or for people who think they "should" like shoo-fly pie, but hate the molasses). It cuts beautifully.
Provided by Roxygirl in Colorado
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the egg until frothy.
- Whisk in the flour.
- Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla, mace, and salt and mix well.
- Over medium-high heat, bring the mixture just to a full rolling boil, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- (Filling will be slightly thickened.).
- While the filling is cooling, prepare the crumb topping.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, vanilla, cream of tartar, baking soda, mace, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender or two forks (I use my Kitchen Aid), cut in the cold butter until the topping resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour the cooled filling into the pastry shell.
- The pastry will be only half full but the pie will rise as it bakes.
- Sprinkle with the crumb topping.
- Cover the edges of the pastry with foil to prevent over browning.
- Bake 350 for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minute or until the top is a deep, golden brown.
- (Don't overbake.) The filling will be a bit soft but will firm up as it cools.
- Cool completely before cutting.
- Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.1, Fat 6.6, SaturatedFat 3.9, Cholesterol 41.7, Sodium 226, Carbohydrate 56.1, Fiber 0.5, Sugar 32.4, Protein 2.6
AMISH VANILLA PIE
This is a recipe I got from a wonderful Amish woman I knew many years ago. She baked pies to sell at the South Bend (Indiana) Farmers Market. This old fashioned recipe is rich and delicious. I make it for holidays. You can still find this pie at Amish restaurants and markets in Shipshewana, Indiana, made by local women. The...
Provided by Kathie Carr
Number Of Ingredients 13
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan combine sugar, 4 tablespoons flour, egg, molasses, water, and vanilla. Bring to a full, rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 2. In a large bowl combine 2 cups flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cream of tartar, butter, and shortening or lard. Rub this mixture together to make crumbs. Pour half of the cooked mixture into each pie shell. Cover each with half of the crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes. Cool and serve with ice cream.
More about "amish vanilla pie recipes"
AMISH VANILLA PIE -THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS-EASY RECIPE
Reviews 10Servings 6Cuisine AmericanCategory Dessert
- Beat the egg (I just beat with a fork until smooth) and mix well with brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla and water. Bring to a boil in a pot on top of the stove. Remove pot as soon as it starts boiling and set aside. Let mixture cool.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Cut in the softened butter until mixture is like coarse crumbs. Pour the cooled, boiled ingredients into your pie shell and spread the crumb topping over the top. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven 45 minutes. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
VANILLA CRUMB PIE - AMISH AND MENNONITE RECIPES & CULTURE
Reviews 6Category DessertCuisine AmishEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
APPLE SCHNITZ PIE RECIPE, AMISH PIE - AMISH HERITAGE
Reviews 4Servings 6Cuisine AmishCategory Dessert
- When the apples are soft rub them through a colander, or chop in your blender or food chopper until smooth.
AMISH VANILLA CRUMB PIE | MRFOOD.COM
4/5 (7)Estimated Reading Time 1 minCategory Pies
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, flour, corn syrup, vanilla, and egg. Slowly stir in water and cook over medium heat, stirring until mixture boils. Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix CRUMB TOPPING ingredients until crumbly. Pour cooled brown sugar mixture into crust and top evenly with crumbs.
TRADITIONAL AMISH WHOOPIE PIES – A COALCRACKER IN THE KITCHEN
Cuisine Pa Dutch, Coal RegionEstimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory Desserts, Snacks
- Drop with cookie scoop. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes. Put icing between two whoopie cookies.
AMISH VANILLA PIE RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
Servings 16-20Calories 251 per serving
AMISH VANILLA PIE | RECIPELION.COM
Category PiesEstimated Reading Time 1 min
AMISH VANILLA PIE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
Servings 6Total Time 2 hrs
AMISH PEANUT BUTTER CREAM PIE RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
Cuisine AmishCategory DessertServings 6Total Time 4 hrs 40 mins
OLD-FASHIONED WHOOPIE PIES - EASY AND DELICIOUS - …
3/5 (1)Category DessertCuisine American, Amish
AMISH VANILLA PIE | HEALTHY FREE RECIPE, COOKING, FOOD
AMISH PUMPKIN WHOOPIE PIE RECIPES
AMISH VANILLA PIE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
AMISH SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AMISH SAUERKRAUT SURPRISE CUSTARD PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AMISH VANILLA PIE RECIPE | YUMMLY | RECIPE | VANILLA PIE ...
AMISH VANILLA WHOOPIE PIE RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
AMISH VANILLA PIE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
AMISH BROWN SUGAR PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
AMISH VANILLA PIE | RECIPE | AMISH RECIPES, VANILLA PIE ...
26+ BEST AMISH RECIPES - TOP RECIPES
AMISH VANILLA PIE -THE SOUTHERN LADY COOKS-EASY RECIPE ...
AMISH VANILLA WHOOPIE PIE RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #low-protein #pies-and-tarts #desserts #american #oven #dinner-party #pies #stove-top #dietary #amish-mennonite #northeastern-united-states #low-in-something #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions