ANGEL FOOD CAKE I
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt. Repeat five times.
- Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Place cake pan in a cold oven. Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
- Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan. When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 137.3 calories, Carbohydrate 30.9 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 3.4 g, Sodium 74.5 mg, Sugar 22.1 g
ANGEL FOOD CAKE
This angel food cake has a completely different texture than the ones made from a mix. My family enjoys it all year long, either plain or topped with berries and whipped cream. -Lucile H. Proctor, Panguitch, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar and flour together twice; set aside. , Add the cream of tartar, extracts and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add granulated sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time., Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour. , Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 120 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 75mg sodium, Carbohydrate 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 3g protein.
WONDERFUL ANGEL FOOD CAKE
This is *the* best angel food cake recipe, I have made it for years --- make certain that the egg whites are room temperature, and there is no trace of yellow yolk on them, or they will not whip up to the fullest, the almond extract can be replaced with 2 teaspoons vanilla, this cake is wonderful served with a strawberry glaze over it or frost with recipe#272209 :)
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 1 cake, 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare an angel food cake pan (ungreased).
- Fift flour and 3/4 cups sugar 4-5 times (this is important!).
- Beat egg whites with salt until stiff.
- Add in the cream of tartar and almond extract; beat again.
- Add in remining sugar (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Add in almond extract.
- Sift or spoon flour mixture over top (a small amount at a time); fold (DO NOT BEAT!) in lightly.
- Pour into ungreased angel food cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour (my cake has even been done in 40 minutes in my air-convection oven).
ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- Set the egg whites out about one hour ahead. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the flour with the half-cup of sugar and the allspice. Sift four times. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and lemon juice together, with an electric mixer on high speed, until they hold a soft peak. Begin adding the remaining one cup of sugar, a quarter cup at a time, until all the sugar is blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the flour mixture until it is completely incorporated. Give it a few extra folds just to be sure all the flour is really mixed in, but be careful not to overmix. Gently scoop the batter into an ungreased angel food cake pan. Smooth the batter with the rubber scraper. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until the top is dark golden brown.
- When baked, remove the cake from the oven and invert it, with the pan at least an inch above the counter. If your pan doesn't have metal feet, set the pan onto four inverted teaspoons or bowls. Remove the cake after it has completely cooled by slipping a fork down the side between the cake and the pan in several places. Once the cake is loosened, gently pull it out of the pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve with ice cream and fresh berries.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 158, UnsaturatedFat 0 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 0 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 51 milligrams, Sugar 26 grams
ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- About 30 minutes before making the cake, place an egg separator over a small bowl. Crack each egg over the egg separator to separate the whites from the yolk. (save the yolks for another recipe.) Transfer egg whites to a 2-cup measuring cup until there are 1 1/2 cups of egg whites.
- Place the egg whites in a clean large bowl, and let stand at room temperature up to 30 minutes.*
- Move the oven rack to the lowest position; remove other oven rack. Heat the oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, mix the powdered sugar and flour; set aside.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture looks foamy. On high speed, beat in the granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time; add the vanilla, almond extract and salt with the last addition of sugar. Continue beating until meringue is stiff and glossy. Do not underbeat.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar-flour mixture, 1/4 cup at a time, over the meringue; to fold in, use a rubber spatula to cut down vertically through the batter, then slide the spatula across the bottom of the bowl and up the side just until sugar-flour mixture disappears. When all sugar-flour mixture has been folded in, spoon the batter into an ungreased 10x4-inch angel food (tube) cake pan. Using a metal spatula or knife, gently cut through the batter, spreading batter gently against side of pan and tube, to break large air pockets.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cracks in cake feel dry and top springs back when touched lightly. Immediately turn pan upside down onto a heatproof funnel or bottle. Let cake hang about 2 hours or until completely cool.
- Remove pan from funnel. Loosen the cake by running a knife or long metal spatula between the cake and side of pan. Place a serving plate upside down on pan; turn plate and pan over together and remove pan. (If pan has a removable bottom, remove side of pan, then carefully run a knife or long metal spatula between cake and pan bottom. Carefully remove bottom.) To cut cake, use a long serrated knife in a sawing motion, or use an electric knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Carbohydrate 41 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 105 mg, Sugar 32 g, TransFat 0 g
ANGEL FOOD CAKE
There's a reason angel food cake is a favorite dessert-it's tender, light as air, and tastes, well, divine. What's more, it's virtually fat-free and uses just six ingredients.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place flour and salt in a sieve set over a bowl; sift into bowl, and set aside. With a mixer, beat egg whites on medium-high until foamy, about 1 minute. Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form. Continue to beat, gradually adding sugar; beat until stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla; beat to combine.
- Gently transfer egg-white mixture to a large, wide bowl. In four batches, using the sieve again, sift flour mixture over egg-white mixture. While turning the bowl, use a rubber spatula to fold in the mixture by cutting down the center and coming up the sides.
- Gently spoon batter into an ungreased angel food cake pan with a removable bottom; smooth top. Cut a knife or small spatula through batter to release air bubbles. Bake until cake is golden and springs back when lightly pressed, 35 to 40 minutes. Invert pan; let cool in pan, 1 hour. Run a knife around the inside of the pan and around the tube to release cake, and unmold. Use knife to release cake from bottom of pan, and remove.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212 g, Protein 7 g
ANGEL FOOD CAKE - HOMEMADE
This is a MUST if you have never tried a homemade Angel Food Cake. I never liked Angel Food Cakes until the neighbor lady invited me over for coffee shortly after I was married. That was almost 15 years ago, and my children and husband always ask for this for special occasions. Thank you Artie, for being a wonderful friend and for the recipe!
Provided by Charlotte J
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Note: For those not use to making angel food cakes Don't get any yoke in the whites, if you do throw out and start over. I always separate the egg in a glass first. Then if no yoke pour into measuring container.
- DO NOT GREASE PAN.
- I always use a two piece angelfood cake pan.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Sift the cake flour and 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp sugar separately; set aside.
- Combine the extracts in a small bowl; set aside.
- Beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until it forms peaks.
- Add the other 3/4 cup of sugar slowly, then beat on high until stiff peaks form.
- If you have a mixing guard for your mixer bowl now would be a good time to attach it.
- Beating on LOW, add flour mixture and extracts slowly.
- Make sure you fold in the sides and bottom of your mixing bowl.
- (You can fold in flour mixture by hand but this way is faster.) Spoon into an angel food cake pan.
- Move a knife through batter to remove air pockets.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly with finger.
- Invert pan onto a tin funnel to cool completely.
- To remove the cake from your pan run a knife around the rim of the cake pan just to get the 'crust' away from the pan.
- Then firmly spank the sides of your pan.
- You could use a knife but this sometime tears the sides of the cake.
- Invert onto your serve plate then take the knife to the now top which was the bottom of your pan and gently cut cake away from the pan insert.
- No need to cut around the center tube as you just give the cake a gently but firm tap or downward shake on to the plate.
- Or you can pick up plate while holding onto the pan insert with your thumbs and firmly strike the bottom of the plate onto a folded towel. (Just give it a slam down on the towel/table).
More about "angel food cake recipes"
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
Reviews 359Difficulty IntermediateCategory DessertSteps 5
- In a food processor spin sugar about 2 minutes until it is superfine. Sift half of the sugar with the salt the cake flour, setting the remaining sugar aside.
- In a large bowl, use a balloon whisk to thoroughly combine egg whites, water, orange extract, and cream of tartar. After 2 minutes, switch to a hand mixer. Slowly sift the reserved sugar, beating continuously at medium speed. Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam. Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Carefully spoon mixture into an ungreased tube pan. Bake for 35 minutes before checking for doneness with a wooden skewer. (When inserted halfway between the inner and outer wall, the skewer should come out dry).
2 INGREDIENT CHERRY ANGEL FOOD CAKE - SIZZLING EATS
25 HEAVENLY ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES - BRIT + CO
16 ANGEL FOOD CAKE TOPPINGS - INSANELY GOOD RECIPES
BEST ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE: LIGHT AND DELICIOUS - JCP EATS
ANGEL FOOD CAKE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
30 OF OUR BEST ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
HOMEMADE ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - BIGGER BOLDER BAKING
BEST ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES | BAKE WITH ANNA OLSON
20 EASY ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES - DELISH.COM
27 ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES - HOME STRATOSPHERE
ANGEL FOOD CAKE | GIMME SOME OVEN
10 BEST ANGEL FOOD CAKE MIX DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
GRIDDLE YOUR ANGEL FOOD CAKE TO GIVE IT NEW WINGS
TRADITIONAL ANGEL FOOD CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
HOW TO MAKE ANGEL FOOD CAKE - STEP BY STEP PHOTOS
2 INGREDIENT ITEM LEMON ANGEL FOOD CAKE - SIZZLING EATS
ANGEL FOOD CAKE (LIGHT & FLUFFY) - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
2 INGREDIENT STRAWBERRY ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE | FOODTALK
AMISH ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - AMISH HERITAGE
7 GREAT THINGS TO DO WITH LEFTOVER ANGEL FOOD CAKE
BEST ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - LIFE MADE SIMPLE BAKES
ANGEL FOOD CAKE | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
10 BEST ANGEL FOOD CAKE FROSTING RECIPES | YUMMLY
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - BROWN EYED BAKER
ANGEL FOOD CAKE | RICARDO
2 INGREDIENT LEMON ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE
EASY ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE | KITCHN
HOW TO MAKE ANGEL FOOD CAKE - THE PIONEER WOMAN
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
ANGEL FOOD CAKE LOAF RECIPE (PERFECT FOR SHORTCAKES!) - DINNER, …
EFFORTLESS ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
SIMPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE FOR BEGINNERS - JACKSON'S JOB
ANGEL FOOD CAKE - CHEF LINDSEY FARR
ANGEL FOOD CAKE - CULINARY HILL
ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #preparation #occasion #healthy #desserts #holiday-event #kid-friendly #low-fat #cakes #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #comfort-food #healthy-2 #low-in-something #taste-mood #sweet #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love