APPLE CRUMB PIE
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place sliced apples in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice, if desired. In a small bowl, mix together white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Sprinkle mixture over apples and toss until apple slices are evenly coated. Stir in raisins and walnuts (optional). Transfer mixture into pastry shell.
- In a small bowl ,mix together 1/2 cup flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle mixture over apple filling. Cover top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes, until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 408.1 calories, Carbohydrate 69.9 g, Cholesterol 11.4 mg, Fat 14.6 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 3.5 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 139.2 mg, Sugar 48.9 g
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C.)
- Arrange apple slices in unbaked pie shell. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Mix 1/3 cup sugar with flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Spoon mixture over apples.
- Bake in preheated oven until apples are soft and top is lightly browned, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.7 calories, Carbohydrate 52 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 16.4 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.9 g, Sodium 209.6 mg, Sugar 29.9 g
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
Tart apples, sweet raisins, and a crumb topping make for a blue-ribbon dessert. Pack the apples in tightly to minimize gaps between filling and crust once the pie is baked.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make crumb topping: In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup flour, butter, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Work with fingers until large clumps form; freeze.
- On a lightly floured piece of wax paper or parchment paper, roll dough into a 14-inch circle. Carefully fit into a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate, gently lowering dough into bottom and sides of pie plate without stretching (you will have a 2-inch overhang all around). Refrigerate.
- Place lemon juice in a large bowl. Peel, core, and slice apples 1/8 inch thick, transferring them to the bowl as you work. Add granulated sugar, raisins, cinnamon, remaining 1/4 cup flour, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Transfer apple mixture to pie crust, pressing in firmly. Fold dough overhang over filling, pleating it as you work your way around pie; press dough firmly against filling.
- Bake 45 minutes, then sprinkle apple filling with crumb topping. Continue to bake until golden and bubbling, 30 to 45 minutes more. Cool at least 6 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 605 g, Fat 20 g, Fiber 6 g, Protein 6 g
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
Less intimidating to make than the traditional double-crust version, this apple pie gets topped with a crumbly, crunchy topping that settles nicely into the soft bubbly filling. Reducing the apples' cooking juices helps concentrate their flavor into a caramel-like toffee, which makes the pie that much more potent and sweet.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- For the dough: Pulse the flour, granulated sugar and salt in a food processor until combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles yellow cornmeal mixed with pea-sized bits of butter. Add the egg mixture and pulse until the dough just comes together. (If the dough is very dry, add up to 1 extra tablespoon cold water.) Remove the dough, gently pat it into a round, wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 1 hour and up to 2 days.
- For the filling: Meanwhile, put the lemon juice in a medium bowl. Peel and core the apples; cut each in half, and cut each half into 4 wedges. Add the apples and brown sugar to the bowl with the lemon juice, and toss.
- Melt the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the sugared apples and cook, stirring, until the sugar dissolves and the mixture begins to simmer, about 2 minutes. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the apples soften and release most of their juices, about 7 minutes.
- Strain the apples in a colander set over a medium bowl to catch all the juices. Shake the colander to extract as much liquid as possible. Return the juice to the skillet and simmer over medium heat until it has thickened and lightly caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Toss the apples with the thickened juice, cinnamon, salt, cloves, ginger and nutmeg in a medium bowl. Set aside to cool completely. (The cooled filling can be refrigerated for up to 2 days or frozen for up to 6 months.)
- For the streusel topping: Whisk the flour, sugar and salt together in a medium bowl. Add the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingers until it has been absorbed. Mix in the almonds.
- To assemble and bake the pie: Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and place a baking sheet on it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Layer it between pieces of parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet, and refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
- Ease the dough round into a 9-inch pie pan. Fold and crimp the edges as desired. Add the filling, and spread it out to make an even layer. Squeeze handfuls of the streusel topping, and drop clumps of it on top of the filling to completely cover it.
- Bake the pie on the preheated baking sheet until the crust and streusel are golden brown, about 1 hour. Let it cool on a cooling rack for at least 3 hours before serving. (The pie keeps well, covered, at room temperature for 24 hours or refrigerated for up to 4 days.)
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
The crumb topping of this apple crumb pie recipe is awesome, which may explain why dessert always disappears fast. Or maybe it's the chunky apple filling. Either way, it's a family tradition. -Vera Brouwer, Maurice, Iowa
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing topping and filling., For topping, in a small bowl, mix sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. For filling, in a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add apples and toss to coat. Transfer to crust. Sprinkle with topping., Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 375°. Bake until topping is browned and apples are tender, 40-45 minutes. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 441 calories, Fat 23g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 61mg cholesterol, Sodium 247mg sodium, Carbohydrate 57g carbohydrate (32g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
THE BEST APPLE CRUMBLE PIE EVER!!!
This is the BEST apple pie i've EVER tasted! Everyone who tries this LOVES it! The trick is to use a mixture of green and red apples, i've found that granny smith is good, and red delicious doesn't work well. Using the mixed apples is ESSENTIAL to this recipe.
Provided by swimmer175
Yield 1 pie, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, (at least 8 cups) combine 2 cups water and the lemon juice, as you cut up the apples put them in the water. This will keep them from browning. When you are finished cutting them up, drain off all the water.
- Combine 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the 2 tablespoons of flour. add to the apples.
- Grease a pie tin. Line it with the pie crust. Fill with the apple/flour mixture.
- In separate bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the 1/2 cup flour, cinnamon, ginger, and mace. Cut in butter until crumbly. Pat onto the top of the apples. Cover the edge of the pie with foil.
- Bake for 30 minute then remove foil. Bake 30 minute more or until topping is golden.
- Enjoy this decadent delight!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 394.7, Fat 17, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 186.3, Carbohydrate 59.9, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 35.6, Protein 2.9
CLASSIC APPLE CRUMB PIE
- Make the crust: Whisk the flour, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl. Rub the butter pieces into the flour using your fingers until pea-size pieces form. Drizzle in the vinegar and ice water; stir gently with a fork to combine. If the dough doesn't hold together when you squeeze it, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a disk; wrap tightly. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 13-inch round. Ease into a 9-inch pie plate. Trim the edges, leaving a 1-inch overhang, then tuck the overhanging dough under itself; crimp the edges with a fork. Refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Meanwhile, make the crumb topping: Mix the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl. Rub the butter into the mixture with your fingers until no longer floury and crumbs form. Freeze until ready to use.
- Make the filling: Place a foil-lined baking sheet on the lowest oven rack; preheat to 400˚. Mix the apples, melted butter, both sugars, flour, lemon juice, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Spoon the filling into the chilled pie crust. Pat the crumb mixture on top.
- Bake the pie on the hot baking sheet until lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350˚ and bake until the apples are completely soft when pierced with a paring knife, 60 to 80 more minutes. (If the topping is getting too dark, cover loosely with foil.) Transfer the pie to a rack to cool completely.
More about "apple crumble pie recipes"
ULTIMATE APPLE CRUMB PIE (THE BEST CRUMB TOP!) - DINNER ...
5/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 366 per serving
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (26)Total Time 6 hrs 50 minsCategory Pie
- In a large bowl using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, stir the apples, lemon juice, flour, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla extract together until thoroughly combined. Set filling aside as the oven preheats; this time allows the apples to begin letting off their juice.
- On a floured work surface, roll out one of the discs of chilled dough (if you made the entire pie dough recipe– you can freeze the other half of the dough at this time). Turn the dough about a quarter turn after every few rolls until you have a circle 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9×2 inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers, making sure it is smooth. Spoon the apple filling into the crust, leaving some of the liquid in the bowl– don’t want all that in the pie. Use a small paring knife to trim excess dough off the edges. Flute the edges.
CINNAMON CRUMBLE APPLE PIE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.3/5 (231)Estimated Reading Time 3 minsServings 8
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar in large bowl. Add butter and shortening; rub in with fingertips until coarse meal forms. Mix 3 tablespoons ice water and vinegar in small bowl to blend. Drizzle over flour mixture; stir with fork until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball; flatten into disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 12-inch round. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Trim overhang to 1/2 inch; turn edge under and crimp decoratively. Refrigerate while preparing filling and topping.
- Blend first 5 ingredients in processor. Add chilled butter cubes; using on/off turns, cut in until mixture resembles wet sand.
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE (THE ULTIMATE APPLE PIE) - THE RECIPE …
5/5 (6)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 425 per serving
APPLE CRUMBLE (THE BEST) | RICARDO
5/5 (52)Category DessertsServings 10Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
APPLE CRUMBLE RECIPE - CHATELAINE
3.1/5 (74)Total Time 1 hr 45 minsCategory RecipesCalories 356 per serving
EASY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Cakes And Baking
- Lightly cover the work surface with flour, then roll out the shortcrust pastry until it is about 3cm/1½in larger than the pie plate.
- Flip the pastry up over the rolling pin, then lift the pastry over the plate or tin. Press it into the tin, then trim the edge with a sharp knife. Chill the pastry while you make the filling.
- For the crumble topping, sift the flour and salt into a large bowl, then add the butter. Rub the butter into the flour using your fingertips until the mix looks like rough breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and, if you like, a handful of oats. Chill the crumble topping in the fridge while you prepare the apples.
- Peel the apples, cut in half, then into chunky slices, cutting out the core as you go. Toss the apple slices with the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Sift over the flour, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well to coat. Tip in the sugar, reserving some for the topping, and add in the raisins or fruit, if using.
- Pile the apples into the pastry lined tin, scatter with the crumble mix and then a final sprinkling of sugar. (It will seem to be heaped high but will reduce and settle during baking.)
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - PREPPY KITCHEN
Ratings 47Calories 715 per servingCategory Dessert
- Roll out your chilled pie dough into a disk about 1/4 inch thick and an inch or so larger than your pie dish. Transfer the dough into the pie dish leaving half an inch of overhang. Trim the edge as needed then fold under and crimp the edge. Transfer to the freezer to chill while you make the filling.
- Add the flour, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to a bowl then mix until combined. Pour in the melted and cooled butter then mix once more. If the butter is too warm the mixture will form a glob instead of crumbles.Just pop in the fridge to chill a few minutes and break up with your hands if that happens.
- Peel, core and slice your apples, then toss with the lemon juice. Cut your apples into similar sized pieces so they cook at the same rate.
- Heat oven to 400F. Mix the egg and cream, or milk in a small bowl then Brush the edge of the pie with it. This is optional but gives your crust a golden finish.
THE BEST APPLE CRUMB PIE - SPEND WITH PENNIES
Ratings 182Calories 495 per servingCategory Dessert
- Peel, core, and slice apples into thin slices (approximately 1/8 inch). Toss apple slices with sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and flour.
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE CRUMBLE PIE
Category Christmas, Thanksgiving, DessertTotal Time 4 hrs 40 mins
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - E.D.SMITH®
Servings 8Total Time 1 hr 35 mins
APPLE CRUMB PIE - KIM'S CRAVINGS
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 404 per serving
EASY APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | MEL'S KITCHEN CAFE
4.5/5 (81)Category PiesServings 9Total Time 1 hr 20 mins
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE WITH OATS – IF YOU GIVE A BLONDE A KITCHEN
Category DessertCalories 439 per serving
SOUTH AFRICAN APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE / VIEW COOKING ...
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE | CANADIAN LIVING
APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - RECIPES-HOMEMADE
APPLE CRUMB PIE | A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN
CARAMEL APPLE CRUMBLE PIE - SAFEWAY
OLD FASHIONED APPLE CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE / WATCH RECIPE ...
DUTCH APPLE PIE RECIPE WITH TONS OF STREUSEL! - THE FOOD ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #pies-and-tarts #desserts #easy #pies #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love