These bars should be made by patient bakers with a bit of time - they look best when the apples are lined up in neat columns. This is not to say that it makes any difference in the way they taste.
Provided by Food Network
Yield 20 to 25 pieces
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13-inch pan.
- To make the crust: Place the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl or food processor fitted with a steel blade and mix to combine. Add the vanilla and butter, a little at a time, and mix until it resembles cornmeal. Press into the prepared baking pan and transfer to the oven. Bake until slightly golden but not brown, about 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- To make the filling: Place the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a paddle and beat until creamy. Add the egg, mix to combine, an pour over the cooled crust.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Place the apples on top of the filling in two or three columns. Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar and transfer to the oven. Bake until firm and a rich brown, about 20 minutes. Cut into 20 to 24 pieces.
GERMAN APPLE KUCHEN
Traditional German Apple Kuchen is Wonderfully Warming and Full of Appley Goodness. This German Apple Kuchen Recipe Takes Just 15 Minutes to Put Together.
Provided by Lilly Mathuse
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the milk, vanilla, shortening, and egg to a bowl and whisk together.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to the bowl and gradually combine with the milk mixture until it comes together into a dough.
- Place the dough on a lightly greased baking tray, with a slight rim, and spread out towards the edges. Scatter the apples evenly over the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Crumble the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake the kuchen for about 40 minutes, until the crumble has turned golden brown and the apples have softened.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223, Fat 7g, Cholesterol 21mg, Carbohydrate 38g, Sugar 25g, Protein 2.4g
GRANDMA GELDNER'S APFEL KUCHEN (APPLE KUCHEN)
This comes from a rich German heritage. Grandma always made the best "apfel" kuchen. Her recipes were always simple, but tasted great!
Provided by WI Cheesehead
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1 1/4 cup flour, baking powder, 2 tsp sugar, and salt and sift once.
- Cut 1/2 cup butter into dry mix with a pastry blender to pea size.
- In a small bowl, beat egg with 2 T milk and add to dry mix.
- Mix thoroughly and pat dough into a greased or oiled 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pare and core apples.
- Cut into thin wedge slices and place on dough in rows until covered. We would cover the thin end of one apple with the thick end of the other.
- Dot apples with 2 T butter and mix 3/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 Tbs flour and cinnamon together.
- Spread dry topping over dotted apples, and bake in oven for 30-45 minutes, until golden brown.
DOROTHY ZEHNDER'S APPLE KUCHEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a bowl, combine 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Gradually beat in 1 1/4 cups flour. Press crumbly mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate. Bake in oven for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in egg. Pour over crust.
- Mix apples, juice, remaining sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice. Spoon over cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Combine oats, 1/3 cup flour and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in 1/4 cup butter or margarine, to resemble coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over pie. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes more.
EASY APPLE KUCHEN
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat milk, shortening, egg, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth. Stir 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt into milk mixture until dough comes together. Spread dough out into the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Spread apples over the dough on the baking sheet.
- Stir 1 cup sugar, melted butter, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl until topping is combined. Sprinkle topping over apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and topping is golden, about 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 223.4 calories, Carbohydrate 38.7 g, Cholesterol 21.2 mg, Fat 7.2 g, Fiber 1.8 g, Protein 2.4 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Sodium 205.7 mg, Sugar 25.3 g
This simple-to-fix recipe came out of an old Swedish cookbook that my mom always held together with a large rubber band. The recipe is my favorite!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10-12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Arrange apples in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over apples. , In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar; beat in the milk and butter until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over apples; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack., Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and water until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; add butter and vanilla. Serve with warm kuchen.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 166mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (42g sugars, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
APFELKUCHEN (APPLE CAKE)
I fell in love with apfelkuchen when I was in 6th grade. Our teacher let us order from a local German bakery and eat our treats in class once a month. These flavors bring back wonderful memories.
Provided by Adrienne Gardner
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13-inch baking dish or a 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 2 1/4 cup flour, milk, 1/4 cup sugar, yeast, 6 tablespoons butter, vanilla extract, and 1 pinch salt in a large bowl with an electric mixer on high until dough is smooth, about 5 minutes; spread into baking dish and press dough up the sides. Press apple slices into dough.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, 3/4 cup flour, candied lemon peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1 pinch salt in a bowl. Cut in 1/2 cup butter with a knife or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over apples. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven until cake is golden brown and apples are tender, about 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 369.9 calories, Carbohydrate 57.1 g, Cholesterol 37.4 mg, Fat 14.3 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 8.9 g, Sodium 136 mg, Sugar 30.4 g
GERMAN APPLE CAKE
This is a great cake to make if you have extra apples in the house. If you don't have any apples, you can substitute peaches or plums.From the book "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn (Artisan Books).
Provided by Martha Stewart
Yield Makes 1 8-inch square cake
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter an 8-inch square pan or equivalent-size baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup of the sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat until combined. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/3-cup sugar with the cinnamon. Squeeze lemon juice into a medium bowl. Peel, core, and slice the apples into the bowl. Add the cinnamon-sugar mixture and toss to thoroughly coat each apple slice. Arrange the apple slices on top of the batter in overlapping rows, pressing lightly into the batter. Bake for 45 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Using your fingers, work in butter until just incorporated. Press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Make the filling: Stir sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Arrange apple evenly over crust, overlapping if necessary. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes. Whisk together half-and-half and eggs. Raise oven temperature to 400 degrees. Pour egg mixture over apples. Bake until set, about 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack at least 1 hour.
APPLE KUCHEN BARS
This recipe is about family, comfort and simplicity. My mom made this delicious sweet treat many a winter night and served it warm with some of her famous homemade ice cream. I like to make a double batch and pass on the love! -Elizabeth Monfort, Celina, Ohio
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place 2 cups flour and salt in a food processor; pulse until blended. Add 1 cup butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While pulsing, add just enough ice water to form moist crumbs. Press mixture onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack., In a large bowl, combine apples, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crust. Place remaining flour, butter and sugar in food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over apples. Bake until golden brown and apples are tender, 60-70 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 240 calories, Fat 12g fat (7g saturated fat), Cholesterol 30mg cholesterol, Sodium 106mg sodium, Carbohydrate 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
A traditional Apple Kuchen is probably one of the easiest, simplest fruit and cake desserts around. And this one happens to be the best!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. Beat butter and 1-1/2 cups of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with apples. Mix remaining 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 35 to 40 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into 16 squares to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 250, Fat 7 g, SaturatedFat 3.5 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 4 g
APPLE KUCHEN (OLD-FASHIONED APPLE CAKE)
Apples-on-top coffee cake. Easy, from-scratch home cookin' - and a childhood memory from my grandmother's recipe file. Make it with your kids & enjoy the aroma of cinnamon while it bakes!
Provided by Gammy3
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease and flour a cake pan: 7"x11" (you can substitute an 8" or 9" square cake pan if needed).
- Pare and core the apples and slice them thinly (about 1/4" to 1/2" thick). Mix the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- For the cake batter:.
- Cream the 3/4 cup of sugar, the shortening, and egg together until fluffy. Gradually add the milk.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and stir into the first mixture.
- Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Arrange the apples on top of the batter in rows, overlapping slightly. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the apples.
- Bake @ 375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.4, Fat 7.9, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 25.4, Sodium 186.9, Carbohydrate 47.4, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 26.7, Protein 3.8
APPLE KUCHEN COFFEE CAKE
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 9x2 inches, or round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, with shortening.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar, the butter and egg with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until smooth. Beat in Bisquick. Spread over bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt and egg until smooth. Stir in apple; spoon over batter in pan. Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set and crust is deep golden brown. Cool 10 minutes; remove side of pan. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 305, Carbohydrate 44 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Fat 2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 500 mg
APPLE KUCHEN WITH HONEY AND GINGER
More coffeecake than dessert, this moist apple cake is pure comfort, with candied ginger, a touch of honey in the batter and a honey glaze. New crop autumn apples are wonderful to use in season, but you can make the cake year round. It will keep for several days, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.
Provided by David Tanis
Categories cakes, dessert
Yield 8 to 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the cake: Heat oven to 325 degrees and position a rack in the middle of the oven. Butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan, preferably a springform pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar, then add honey and whip for 1 minute, until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, until well incorporated, then whip for 2 minutes. Stir in grated ginger, candied ginger and lemon zest.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking powder and add to bowl, mixing briefly to make a stiff batter. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- With a paring knife, cut slits in each of the apple quarters on the rounded, outer part of the wedge, slicing partway through at 1/8-inch intervals. Arrange apple quarters slit-side-up over the batter. Sprinkle surface with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Place cake pan on a baking sheet and put on middle rack of oven. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until an inserted skewer emerges dry. If cake is browning too rapidly, tent with foil until done. Cool on a rack, then carefully unmold.
- Make the glaze: Put sugar, honey and lemon juice in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved and mixture bubbles, about 2 minutes. Paint surface of cake and apples with warm glaze. Cake will keep for several days, tightly wrapped, at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 316, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 7 grams, Sodium 216 milligrams, Sugar 30 grams, TransFat 0 grams
- Position the oven racks so that they are evenly spaced, with one rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to convection bake at 400°F. Butter a 12-inch tart pan or a 9 × 13-inch cake pan.
- Cream the softened butter and 3/4 cup of the granualted sugar until light in a large bowl, using an electric mixer; add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to make a smooth dough.
- Spread the dough into the prepared pan.
- With a sharp knife, make lengthwise cuts in the apples, 1/4 inch apart but not all the way through, so the halves still hold together. Press the apple wedges, cut side down, evenly into the batter. Brush the apples with the melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Bake on the center rack for 25 minutes, until the cake is golden and the apples are cooked through. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
GRANDMA'S BEST APPLE KUCHEN
Grandma's Best Apple Kuchen recipe is now yours-and be prepared to share the recipe, because it's a crowd-pleaser!
Provided by My Food and Family
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the butter into the dry cake mix until it is crumbly.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan in order to form the crust.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Place apple slices on the warm crust.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over the apples.
- Whisk together the sour cream and eggs and drizzle over the apples.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the edges look light brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 0 g, Fat 0 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 g, Sodium 0 g, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 0 g
More about "apple kuchen recipes"
APPLE KUCHEN RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
APPLE KUCHEN BARS - A FAMILY FEAST®
APPLE KUCHEN | BETTER HOMES & GARDENS
APPLE KUCHEN – RHODES BAKE-N-SERV
GRANDMA KELLER'S APPLE KUCHEN - KELLER'S FARMSTAND
OMA'S APFELKUCHEN ~ GERMAN APPLE CAKE RECIPE
APPLE KUCHEN CAKE | RICARDO
APPLE KUCHEN - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
EASY GERMAN APPLE CAKE (APFELKUCHEN) - DIRNDL KITCHEN
GERMAN APPLE CAKE (WIENER APFELKUCHEN) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
APPLE KUCHEN – CHEF RICH KUKLE
APPLE KUCHEN (GERMAN APPLE CAKE) - AN AFFAIR FROM THE HEART
APPLE SKILLET CAKE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
APFELKUCHEN - AUTHENTIC SOUTHERN BAVARIAN APPLE CAKE - VINTAGE …
APPLE KUCHEN (VRP 090) | VINTAGE RECIPE PROJECT
10 BEST GERMAN KUCHEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
GERMAN APPLE CAKE (APFELKUCHEN) - THE DELICIOUS CRESCENT
CRAVINGS CO-AUTHOR ADEENA SUSSMAN'S CRISPY APPLE KUCHEN - THE …
APPLE KUCHEN OR APFELKUCHEN - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
APPLE KUCHEN - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
FRENCH APPLE CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
APPLE SOUR CREAM KUCHEN | MIDWEST LIVING
ALMOND APPLE KUCHEN RECIPE - EAT DESSERT FIRST
GERMAN APFELKUCHEN (GERMAN APPLE CUSTARD CAKE RECIPE)
APPLE KUCHEN | CAKE STUDENT
APPLE KUCHEN - A GOOD LIFE FARM - COSMOPOLITAN CORNBREAD
“FRENCH LAUNDRY’S” APPLE KUCHEN WITH VANILLA CREAM SAUCE
APPLE KUCHEN RECIPE | KITCHEN INFINITY RECIPES
APPLE CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
APPLE KUCHEN - RED STAR® YEAST
HOW TO MICROWAVE BAKED APPLES: RECIPE AND GUIDE FOR BAKING …
APPLE KUCHEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #low-protein #desserts #fruit #german #european #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #apples
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook German Apple Kuchen?So how to cook German Apple Kuchen? Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add the milk, vanilla, shortening, and egg to a bowl and whisk together. Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to the bowl and gradually combine with the milk mixture until it comes together into a dough.
How to make apple cake?Mix the cinnamon and sugar and set aside. Cream the 3/4 cup of sugar, the shortening, and egg together until fluffy. Gradually add the milk. Sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda together and stir into the first mixture. Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan. Arrange the apples on top of the batter in rows, overlapping slightly.
How to bake apples in the oven with butter?Spread apples over the dough on the baking sheet. Stir 1 cup sugar, melted butter, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl until topping is combined. Sprinkle topping over apples. Bake in the preheated oven until apples are tender and topping is golden, about 40 minutes.
What is the best recipe to make apple crisp?Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon-sugar over apples. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and remaining sugar; beat in the milk and butter until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over apples; sprinkle with reserved cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.