GLAZED APPLE PIE BARS
This is only one of many wonderful recipes that my mother handed down to me. With their flaky crust and scrumptious fruit filling, these delicious bars are the perfect way to serve apple pie to a crowd.-Janet English, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 17
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks, lemon juice and water; gradually add to flour mixture, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half. Chill for 30 minutes. , Roll out one portion of dough between two large sheets of waxed paper into a 17x12-in. rectangle. Transfer to an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Press pastry onto bottom and up sides of pan; trim even with top edge. , In a large bowl, toss the apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; spread into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pan; place over filling. Brush edges with water or milk; pinch to seal. Cut slits in top. , Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 267 calories, Fat 9g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 36mg cholesterol, Sodium 117mg sodium, Carbohydrate 44g carbohydrate (25g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE
This delicious apple pie bars recipe with crumb topping is crunchy and soft. You'll use the same shortbread dough for the crust and the crumbles to make these easy and from scratch apple pie bars.
Provided by Meymi
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat the oven to 350°F(177C°). Grease 8 inch (20cm) square oven-proof dish and line the bottom and sides with parchment paper, about 2 inches(5 cm) of overhang on each side.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 205 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY APPLE PIE BARS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine 4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in shortening with a fork until coarse crumbs form.
- Whisk egg yolks, cold water, and lemon juice together in another bowl. Stir into flour mixture with a fork until dough comes together into a ball; divide in half. Roll out 1 half and press into the bottom of a 10x15-inch baking pan.
- Combine apples, sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and ground cinnamon in a bowl to make filling. Spread over dough in the pan.
- Roll out remaining dough and lay on top of filling. Brush with milk. Cut slits in the dough with a sharp knife.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool before cutting into 24 bars, at least 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249.5 calories, Carbohydrate 39 g, Cholesterol 34.2 mg, Fat 9.6 g, Fiber 1.6 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.5 g, Sodium 119.8 mg, Sugar 20.6 g
APPLE PIE BARS
This delivers all the pleasure of apple pie - a buttery crust and topping sandwiching juicy spiced apples - without the need to roll out a dough. A simple dough is pressed into a bottom crust and squeezed into crumbles for the top. You can arrange the topping into a lattice, stripes, or other decorative pattern if you'd like. The whole pan easily serves 24 and can be cut into smaller bars if you want to serve an even-bigger crowd. These bars are best the day they are made, but they can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. Or, they can be frozen immediately after cooling and kept in the freezer for up to 1 month. Just make sure to thaw them before serving.
Provided by Genevieve Ko
Categories snack, cookies and bars, dessert
Yield 2 dozen bars
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Make the crust and topping: Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9-by-13-inch cake pan with foil with overhang on all sides. Lightly grease pan with softened butter.
- Pulse flour, sugar and salt in a food processor with the blade attachment to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse sand. Put 1 1/2 cups in a medium bowl and mix in walnuts, cinnamon and cardamom. Squeeze with your hands to form a solid mass of dough. It's O.K. if a few bits fall off. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining mixture into prepared pan and spread in an even layer, then press into bottom of pan and 1/2 inch up the sides.
- Bake until golden brown and dry to the touch, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Raise oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- While crust bakes, make the filling: Toss all of the apples with the lemon juice in a large bowl. Melt butter in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom and sizzle for 15 seconds. Add apples and cook, stirring often, until just starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and stir well. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all liquid releases from the apples then evaporates, 10 to 15 minutes. The mixture should be quite dry and the apples tender, but not sticking to the pan. Remove from heat and cool. (Tip: If you want your apples to cool quickly, spread them on a parchment-lined sheet pan and pop in the freezer for 5 to 7 minutes.)
- Spread apple filling evenly over crust and press down gently to get rid of any gaps between the apple slices. Uncover the reserved walnut mixture and break off pebble-sized pieces. Arrange pieces in a lattice or striped pattern over filling or scatter evenly on top.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a rack. To serve, lift apple pie bars out of pan and onto a large cutting board. Slide bars off foil, then cut into 6 even strips crosswise and 4 even strips lengthwise.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 298, UnsaturatedFat 6 grams, Carbohydrate 35 grams, Fat 17 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 2 grams, SaturatedFat 9 grams, Sodium 100 milligrams, Sugar 20 grams, TransFat 1 gram
DELICIOUS APPLE PIE BARS
Delicious apple pie in a bar! Apple pie filling sandwiched between two layers of pie crust - like a portable apple pie you can cut up and share and snack on without feeling guilty!
Provided by Baker S
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl. Cut in the softened butter with a knife or pastry blender until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together the egg yolks in a liquid measuring cup, then add enough milk to reach 2/3 cup of liquid. Gradually stir into the flour mixture until moistened. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Roll about half of the dough out to fit the prepared baking dish. Place the bottom crust in the baking dish. Sprinkle the oats evenly over the crust. Roll out the top crust, and set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch and lemon juice together until smooth. Heat the cornstarch mixture in a large skillet with the apples, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg over medium heat until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, and allow to cool slightly. Spread the apple filling evenly over the oats. Cover the filling with the top crust. Pinch the edges together to seal the crusts, and brush with egg white. Cut a few slits on the top crust to vent.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and the filling has thickened, about 50 minutes.
- While pie is baking, prepare the glaze by beating the confections' sugar with 1 tablespoon of milk in a small bowl. Stir in the almond extract. Drizzle the glaze over the warm pie. Mix 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon together in a small bowl, and sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the glaze. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.8 calories, Carbohydrate 29.6 g, Cholesterol 37.7 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 2.1 g, Protein 2.5 g, SaturatedFat 5.1 g, Sodium 157.7 mg, Sugar 14.9 g
More about "apple pie bars recipes"
BEST APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE BARS
5/5 (17)Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | APPLE PIE BARS | RECIPES
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
10 BEST APPLE BARS WITH APPLE PIE FILLING RECIPES | YUMMLY
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - THE 36TH AVENUE
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - THE FOOD CHARLATAN
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - YUMMLY RECIPES
APPLE PIE BARS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
EASY APPLE PIE BARS (SLAB PIE RECIPE)- THE BOSSY KITCHEN
APPLE PIE BARS - SWEET LITTLE BLUEBIRD
BEST APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE APPLE PIE BARS
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - EASY DESSERT BAR RECIPE - BOULDER LOCAVORE®
PERFECT APPLE PIE BARS - EASY AND DELICIOUS - AMISH365.COM
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
APPLE CRUMBLE BARS - THATBAKEBLOG
APPLE PROTEIN BAR - THERESCIPES.INFO
QUICK AND EASY APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - JUST IS A FOUR LETTER WORD
FLAKY APPLE PIE BARS - SWEET PEA'S KITCHEN
EASY APPLE PIE BARS - MOM'S DINNER
APPLE PIE BARS - THIS SILLY GIRL'S KITCHEN
SALTED CARAMEL APPLE PIE BARS - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
BEST EVER CARAMEL APPLE PIE BARS — BUNS IN MY OVEN
APPLE PIE BARS - THE SPRUCE EATS
VEGAN APPLE PIE BARS - VEGAN RICHA
THE BEST APPLE PIE BARS | CHEW OUT LOUD
EASY APPLE PIE BARS WITH SHORTBREAD CRUST - BUCKETS OF YUM
APPLE PIE BARS WITH STREUSEL TOPPING | SHE'S NOT COOKIN'
HEALTHY APPLE PIE BARS - ERIN LIVES WHOLE
BEST APPLE PIE BARS RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - EASIER THAN PIE! | PIP AND EBBY
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - CATHY JOHNSON | FOOD & WINE
APPLE BAR RECIPES - BETTYCROCKER.COM
APPLE PIE BARS - COOKING CLASSY
APPLE PIE BARS - WITH A SECRET INGREDIENT | COOKIES AND CUPS
APPLE PIE BARS IN A 9X13 BAKING PAN | TASTES OF LIZZY T
APPLE PIE BARS | 12 TOMATOES
APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE | LITTLE SPICE JAR
EASY APPLE BROWNIE BARS RECIPE - DINNER, THEN DESSERT
EASY APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
ADDICTIVE APPLE PIE BARS RECIPE • KROLL'S KORNER
APPLE PIE BARS - DANIELLEWALKER.COM
#time-to-make #course #preparation #for-large-groups #low-protein #desserts #cookies-and-brownies #bar-cookies #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #number-of-servings #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love