- Combine the lemon and 4 cups water in a large bowl. Place the sliced apples in the water to keep them from browning.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain water from apples, and place them into the hot skillet. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes. Add brown sugar, and cinnamon, and cook, stirring, for 2 more minutes. Stir together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. Pour into the skillet, and mix well. Cook for another minute, or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Unfold puff pastry sheets, and repair any cracks by pressing them back together. Trim each sheet into a square. Then cut each larger square into 4 smaller squares. Spoon apples onto the center of each squares. Fold over from corner to corner into a triangle shape, and press edges together to seal. Place turnovers on a baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch between them.
- Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until turnovers are puffed and lightly browned. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix together the confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla in a small bowl. Adjust the thickness by adding more sugar or milk if necessary. Drizzle glaze over the cooled turnovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 561.9 calories, Carbohydrate 80 g, Cholesterol 7.8 mg, Fat 25.9 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 7.7 g, Sodium 183.9 mg, Sugar 49.8 g
QUICK PUFF PASTRY APPLE STRUDEL
This is an easy apple strudel version with puff pastry that is ready in less than an hour. It tastes especially delicious fresh out of the oven with some vanilla ice cream.
Provided by Natalie Titanov
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine apples, 3/4 cup sugar, raisins, walnuts, and cinnamon in a large bowl for the filling.
- Dust a flat work surface lightly with flour. Unroll puff pastry and sprinkle lightly with flour. Roll out slightly and mark into 3 equal sections. Spoon filling into the central section then fold over the section on the left and brush with egg. Fold the right section on top, just like a letter. Make shallow diagonal cuts in the top layer of the apple strudel. Brush with egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until apple studel is puffed up and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375.8 calories, Carbohydrate 54.1 g, Cholesterol 23.3 mg, Fat 17.2 g, Fiber 3.3 g, Protein 4.8 g, SaturatedFat 3.6 g, Sodium 87.1 mg, Sugar 34 g
PUFF PASTRY APPLE TURNOVERS
"I had a package of puff pastry in my freezer and mentioned to a friend that I'd like to make apple turnovers," notes Coleen Cavallaro of Oak Hill, New York. "She shared a recipe that I adapted for the puff pastry. These turnovers were a big hit on my first try!"
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; add apples and toss to coat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each pastry sheet into a 12-in. square. Cut each into four squares. , Spoon 1/2 cup apple mixture into the center of each square; fold diagonally in half and press edges to seal. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet., In a small bowl, combine the butter, sugar and cinnamon; brush over pastry. Bake at 400° for 12-16 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 416 calories, Fat 21g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 245mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 6g fiber), Protein 5g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 30 mini muffin cups.
- Mix baking mix, applesauce, 1/4 cup sugar, milk, egg, oil, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon together in a bowl until just blended.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- While puffs are baking, place melted butter in a shallow bowl, and combine remaining sugar and cinnamon in a second shallow bowl.
- Dip warm puffs in melted butter, then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 65.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.9 g, Cholesterol 8.4 mg, Fat 3.1 g, Fiber 0.2 g, Protein 0.9 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 104.1 mg, Sugar 4 g
APPLE SAUSAGE PUFFS
I love serving these tender little puffs when I entertain during the holiday season. No one is able to resist them, and I need just four basic ingredients to prepare the simple recipe. -Veronica Johnson, Jefferson City, Missouri
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and apple over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in cream cheese., Unroll one tube of crescent dough; separate into eight triangles. Place 1 tablespoon filling on the long side of each triangle. Roll up, starting with the long side; pinch seams to seal., Place point side down 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining crescent dough and filling. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 165 calories, Fat 11g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 311mg sodium, Carbohydrate 12g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 4g protein.
Sweet, pink apples topped with biscuit-like dumplings. This was my favorite dessert when I was a child, and I still love it. Fall is not fall if I don't make it. Serve it warm with ice cream or heavy cream.
Provided by THATSSWELL
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease a 9x12-inch baking dish. Arrange apple slices in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Stir 2 1/2 cups white sugar, water, and food coloring together in a saucepan; bring to a boil and cook until mixture reduces to a thick pink syrup, about 10 minutes. Pour syrup over apples.
- Melt butter in the same saucepan over medium heat; stir 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon into butter until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture using two knives or a pastry cutter until mixture has the consistency of coarse crumbs. Stir milk into shortening mixture until a soft dough comes together.
- Drop dough by the tablespoonful over apples; lightly press the back of a spoon onto each "puff" of dough to form a small dent. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of butter-cinnamon-sugar mixture into each dent.
- Bake in the preheated oven until dough puffs and apples are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 572.4 calories, Carbohydrate 110.4 g, Cholesterol 13.9 mg, Fat 14 g, Fiber 3.6 g, Protein 5 g, SaturatedFat 5.3 g, Sodium 374 mg, Sugar 79.4 g
Treat family and friends to these moreish apple turnovers. With an apple and cinnamon filling encased in puff pastry, they're delicious served with ice cream
Provided by Katie Hiscock
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Put the Bramley apple, sugar and cinnamon in a small pan with 1 tbsp water. Cover with a lid and simmer over a low heat for 10-15 mins until the apple breaks down and turns into a compote.
- Stir in the butter and the Gala apple and cook for a further 5 mins, uncovered, until the Gala apple is just soft but retaining its shape, and any excess water has evaporated to make a thick compote around the Gala chunks. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Unravel the puff pastry sheet out on a work surface, and cut into 4 even rectangles. Divide the apple filling to one side of each of the puff pastry rectangles, leaving a 1cm border. Brush the border with milk and fold over the empty side of pastry over the filling and crimp together. Brush with more milk and sprinkle over the sugar. Make a small steam hole in the middle of the turnovers.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 mins until golden and puffed up. Leave to cool for 10 mins on a wire rack (the filling will be molten when it first comes out the oven) before serving warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, or serve at room temperature. Keep for 2 days in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 421 calories, Fat 22 grams fat, SaturatedFat 12 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 49 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 21 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 4 grams protein, Sodium 0.8 milligram of sodium
"The recipe for these golden sugar-topped puffs comes from my mother," writes Pat Klingler from her home in Ashtabula, Ohio. "They are a great way to warm up a cool day. I like to fry them up when I have friends come for coffee."
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield about 4 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, beat the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. , In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels; roll in confectioners' sugar while warm. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts :
APPLE PUFFS WITH MERINGUE
- For the apple puffs: Place the apples in a medium pot with 1/2 cup water, the honey, butter, lemon juice and cinnamon. Stir and cook over medium heat until the apples soften, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the walnuts. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place a rack close to the center of the oven.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry to about 1/8-inch thick and cut the pastry into 3-by-3-inch squares. Press the squares into the wells of a mini muffin tin and poke the bottoms with a fork to dock. Place a heaping tablespoon of the apple mixture in the center. Repeat for the remaining pieces of pastry and apple filling.
- Bake until the pastries are puffed and golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer the apple puffs to a wire rack to cool while you make the meringue.
- For the meringue: In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the sugar, lemon juice and egg whites on medium speed until the meringue is glossy, smooth and holds a stiff peak.
- Dollop a tablespoon of the meringue on top of each puff and use a kitchen torch to brown the outside. Alternatively, place the puffs on a baking sheet and broil until the meringue is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Over medium heat, in a large saucepan, combine the apples, raisins, coconut oil or butter, 2 tablespoons maple syrup and cinnamon then cook for about 10 minutes. Set aside. In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, remaining maple syrup, pine nuts and walnuts. Set aside. Lay the puff pastry flat on the table or dough board sprinkled with flour. Sprinkle flour on the dough too so that they don't stick together. Using the round 3-inch cookie cutter, cut 7 circles. Sprinkle the nut & breadcrumb mixture at the center of each cut dough then spoon some of the apple mixture on top. Close the sacks by putting all the edges together then pinch them together. With the remaining dough where you cut out the circles, get a little piece and roll on the plate to make thin cylinders. You can wrap this on top of each sack. Place the apple puffs on a silicone baking mat or a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Brush the egg wash on the apple puffs. bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until the apple puffs become golden. Let them cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
More about "apple puffs recipes"
EASY APPLE TURNOVERS - JUST A TASTE
4.9/5 (63)Total Time 28 minsCategory Dessert, SnackCalories 199 per serving
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured work surface. Using a rolling pin, gently roll over the pastry to seal any perforations then cut each sheet into 4 squares.
- Using a slotted spoon, scoop a portion of the apple mixture into the center of each puff pastry square then fold the pastry across diagonally to form triangles. Using a fork, crimp together the edges then transfer the turnovers to the prepared baking sheets, spacing them at least 2 inches apart.
APPLE PUFF RECIPE | READY-MADE PASTRY | JUS-ROL
Category Desserts, Sweet TreatsTotal Time 30 minsEstimated Reading Time 3 mins
- Lay the pastry oval onto a baking sheet, arrange the apple in overlapping slices down the centre and brush the pastry borders with egg glaze.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until the pastry has risen around the apple and is golden. Remove from oven and glaze with melted apricot jam.
JANE AUSTEN APPLE PUFFS - HISTORICAL LITERARY RECIPE
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 203 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease and flour a baking sheet, or cover with parchment or a silicone baking sheet. Peel, core and slice the apples. Stew them in 1/2 cup of water until tender. Drain well and reserve the cooking juice. Allow to cool completely.
- Put the cooked apple in a bowl and mix in brown sugar, lemon rind, marmalade and optional orange blossom water or cinnamon. Taste and adjust flavoring as needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry to 1/8 inch thick and cut the pastry into 8 4-inch squares.
- Divide the apple puree between them, placing it in a line across the center of each square and stopping well short of the ends.
THE EASIEST APPLE TURNOVERS YOU'LL EVER MAKE ...
See details »
APPLE ROSE PUFFS EASY FANCY DESSERT | HOMEMADE & YUMMY
Ratings 69Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory DessertCalories 262 per serving See details »
APPLE TURNOVER RECIPE (WITH PUFF PASTRY) - CHRISTINA'S CUCINA
4.9/5 (18)Total Time 30 minsCategory DessertsCalories 421 per serving
- Toss to turn a few times, but only steam them for a few minutes, just to soften them a little. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- On one piece of puff pastry, put about 2 tablespoonfuls of apple filling. (Tip: if you have two sheets of puff pastry, keep the one you're not working with in the fridge as it's more difficult to work with when it gets warm.) Imagine that there is a line diagonally across the pastry and keep the filling on one triangle of the square.
- Wet two edges of the puff pastry with your finger dipped in water. Then fold the empty corner of the pastry over the apples and seal the edges with a fork. With a knife, make a small slit or two in the top of the pastry.
APPLESAUCE PUFFS - BAKING WITH MOM
5/5 (9)Total Time 20 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 313 per serving See details »
APPLE PUFF PASTRY ROLLS - FAMILY RECIPES, SWEETS & DINNER
Reviews 10Calories 134 per servingCategory Cakes See details »
10 BEST BAKED APPLES PUFF PASTRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
5/5 (2)Uploaded 2021-03-17 See details »
APPLE PUFFS | NATIONAL KIDNEY FOUNDATION
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs See details »
APPLE PUFFS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
Servings 4Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory Dessert See details »
APPLE CINNAMON PUFFS RECIPES
See details »
APPLE PUFFS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
See details »
10 BEST APPLE PUFF PASTRY DESSERT RECIPES | YUMMLY
See details »
APPLE PIE PUFF PASTRY: HEAVENLY MINI BITES! - CHOPNOTCH
See details »
APPLE TURNOVERS RECIPE (EASY WITH PUFF PASTRY) | KITCHN
See details »
APPLE DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
See details »
You'll also love