AUTUMN APPLE TORTE
During apple season, I always look forward to making this yummy torte. It has a cream cheese layer and apples galore. -Margaret Wilson, San Bernardino, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and 1/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan., In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and almond extract; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust., Place apples in a large bowl. Mix cinnamon sugar and nutmeg; add to apples and toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes. , Reduce oven setting to 400°. Bake until apples are tender, 30-35 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack., Remove rim from pan. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over torte; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270 calories, Fat 15g fat (9g saturated fat), Cholesterol 57mg cholesterol, Sodium 136mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
APPLE TORTE (EASY-ONLY 3 APPLES)
From the Star Ledger. Published in "Jersey Fresh Cooks" (NJ Dept. of Agriculture) from Harriet Kurtzman. This is easy and good!
Provided by Oolala
Yield 1 pie/torte, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream toghether butter and sugar. Add egg and beat.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat dry ingredients into butter mixture.
- Stir apples into batter, which will be thick and hard to stir.
- Turn into a buttered 9" pie pan and spread smooth.
- Bake for 1 hour, until just brown.
This is a recipe of a wife of a coworker. She made them for Christmas and they are wonderful. The crust is almost like a shortbread cookie and the filling creamy cheese. Easy to make and very elegant looking.
Provided by Dawnab
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Crust: cream butter and sugar, add vanilla and mix well.
- add flour and blend with your hand till crumbly.
- press into the bottom and 3/4 up the sides of 2 9 inch springform pans.
- Filling: beat cream cheese and sugar, add vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg.
- pour half into each crust.
- Topping: Mix apples cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Lay apples on top on cheese mixture in a curcular pattern, and inside and outside row.
- Top with almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and refrigerate over night.
FRENCH APPLE TART
Bake Ina Garten's French Apple Tart recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network with Granny Smith apples atop buttery, homemade pastry dough.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- For the pastry, place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Pulse for a few seconds to combine. Add the butter and pulse 10 to 12 times, until the butter is in small bits the size of peas. With the motor running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse just until the dough starts to come together. Dump onto a floured board and knead quickly into a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough slightly larger than 10 by 14-inches. Using a ruler and a small knife, trim the edges. Place the dough on the prepared sheet pan and refrigerate while you prepare the apples.
- Peel the apples and cut them in half through the stem. Remove the stems and cores with a sharp knife and a melon baller. Slice the apples crosswise in 1/4-inch thick slices. Place overlapping slices of apples diagonally down the middle of the tart and continue making diagonal rows on both sides of the first row until the pastry is covered with apple slices. (I tend not to use the apple ends in order to make the arrangement beautiful.) Sprinkle with the full 1/2 cup of sugar and dot with the butter.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the pastry is browned and the edges of the apples start to brown. Rotate the pan once during cooking. If the pastry puffs up in one area, cut a little slit with a knife to let the air out. Don't worry! The apple juices will burn in the pan but the tart will be fine! When the tart's done, heat the apricot jelly together with the Calvados and brush the apples and the pastry completely with the jelly mixture. Loosen the tart with a metal spatula so it doesn't stick to the paper. Allow to cool and serve warm or at room temperature.
CLASSIC APPLE TART
Apple tart is my family's favorite dessert. I love it because it makes the house smell amazing and the tart looks so polished and beautiful (taking a few extra minutes to fan out the apples makes it look like it came from a bakery!). This is a French-style apple tart, not an apple pie, meaning a wedge of the tart is thinner and neater than a slice of all-American apple pie. Try it topped with ice cream for that delicious a la mode taste. Rolling the dough for the tart makes for a finer-textured crust, but on many occasions I have simply pressed the crust into place with great results.
Provided by Melissa d'Arabian : Food Network
Yield Makes one 9- or 91/2-inch tart
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Set the cubed butter on a plate and place it in the freezer for 15 minutes. Fill a cup with ice and water and set aside. Place 1 1/2 of the flour, 1 8 teaspoon of the salt, and 1 tablespoon of the sugar in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. Take the butter out of the freezer and add it to the flour. Pulse the mixture until it looks like wet sand, about 10 seconds. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the ice water and pulse until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Lightly flour your work surface and place the dough on top. Then lightly flour the top of the dough and roll to about a 10- to 11-inch circle, sprinkling more flour under and on top of the dough as necessary. Gently drape the dough over the rolling pin and transfer it to a 9- or 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan (ideally one with a removable bottom). Fit the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan as evenly as possible and press off excess dough from the fluted rim. Set the tart pan on a baking sheet and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350degreesF. Peel, core, and quarter the apples and then thinly slice them lengthwise. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice, the cinnamon, and the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 8 teaspoon salt. Remove the baking sheet with the tart shell from the refrigerator. Arrange the apples in concentric circles so they overlap slightly. Brush the edges of the crust with the melted butter and then bake until the edges are golden and the apples have cooked down, about 1 hour. Cool for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
APPLE TARTE TATIN
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Core apples using a melon baller to retain the rounded shape of the apples. Rub apples with sliced lemons to prevent browning. Set aside.
- Over medium heat in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat sugar and 1/4 cup water. Cook until it turns a rich golden color; swirling occasionally, about 6 to 7 minutes. Meanwhile, roll puff pastry in one direction out into a 14-inch circle on a lightly floured surface, about 1/8 inch thick. Brush off any excess flour with a pastry brush.
- Add butter to skillet. Once melted, add apples, rounded sides down, fitting as many into the skillet as possible. Remove from heat, and top apples with puff pastry. Fold edges under, and crimp slightly. Make two to three small cuts in puff pastry to allow the steam to escape. Place in oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees. and bake until pastry is golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool about 2 minutes. Loosen edges with a knife. Carefully place a plate over the skillet and flip, inverting the tarte tatin. Serve warm or at room temperature.
APPLE BAVARIAN TORTE
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F(230 degrees C).
- Cream together butter, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, and flour. Press crust mixture into the flat bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and 1/4 cup sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Pour cheese mixture over crust.
- Combine 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss the sliced apples with the sugar mixture and spread over the cheese filling.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top of torte. Continue baking until almonds are lightly browned and apples are tender. Cool before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.7 calories, Carbohydrate 33.8 g, Cholesterol 56.4 mg, Fat 15.8 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 3.7 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 116.5 mg, Sugar 22.6 g
BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE
This rich, creamy torte has always been one of my favorite autumn desserts. Mom uses the freshest apples from a local orchard and bakes this treat until the apples are crisp-tender. It tastes as good as it looks. -Alyson Armstrong, Parkersburg, West Virginia
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 14 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Combine the first four ingredients. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour over the crust. Combine topping ingredients; spoon over filling. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Cut into wedges with a serrated knife.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286 calories, Fat 16g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 157mg sodium, Carbohydrate 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
PHILLY BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Beat butter and 1/3 cup of the sugar in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add flour; mix well. Spread onto bottom and 1 inch up side of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/3 cup of the remaining sugar in same bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Spread evenly over crust. Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Add to apples in large bowl; toss to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 10 min. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F; continue baking 25 min. or until centre is set. Cool on wire rack. Loosen torte from rim of pan. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.5 calories, Carbohydrate 32.2 g, Cholesterol 59.4 mg, Fat 15.2 g, Fiber 1.4 g, Protein 3.6 g, SaturatedFat 8.4 g, Sodium 145 mg, Sugar 21.5 g
FRENCH-STYLE APPLE TART (TARTE TATIN) RECIPE BY TASTY
- Using a 9-inch (23 cm) flat-sided cake pan as a template, cut a circle out from the puff pastry. Using a fork, poke holes all over to provide ventilation. Set aside.
- Peel and quarter the apples, using a spoon or melon baller to remove the cores.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, distribute the water and sugar evenly and cook until light amber in color, stirring to help melt any lumps, 5-7 minutes. Add the butter, stirring constantly until the color is a creamy light brown. Add the apples, stirring until they are coated in a thick layer of caramel.
- Cook for about 15-20 minutes, turning the apples constantly so that they bathe in the caramel. Remove from the heat when the caramel has reduced and little remains in the bottom of the pan. Be careful not to burn the caramel, tasting it from time to time to ensure it does not taste bitter.
- Arrange the apple slices in concentric circles on the bottom of the cake pan. Press the apples tightly against each other, then pour the remaining caramel over the top.
- Lay the circle of puff pastry on top. Tuck the puff pastry down the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the pastry is golden brown and firm. Cool for about 1 hour, then invert onto a plate.
- Slice and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 387 calories, Carbohydrate 36 grams, Fat 25 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 14 grams
APPLE-CREAM CHEESE TORTE
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap outside of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with 2 3/4-inch-high sides with foil. Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Using fingertips, mix until moist dough clumps form. Gather dough into ball. Press onto bottom and 3/4 inch up sides of pan. Freeze 10 minutes. Bake until crust is light golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Make filling:
- Beat all ingredients in large bowl until smooth. Pour filling into crust. Smooth top.
- Make topping:
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in large bowl. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Arrange atop filling. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake torte until crust is deep golden and apples are tender, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Remove from oven; cool 1 hour. Cover; refrigerate overnight. (Torte can be prepared 3 days ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Run small knife around pan sides to loosen torte. Remove pan sides. Place torte on platter. Serve cold.
APPLE WALNUT TORTE
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle.
- Butter pan and fit a round of parchment paper in bottom. Butter parchment, then flour pan.
- Spread 1/2 stick butter thickly on bottom of a 12-inch heavy skillet and sprinkle 1/2 cup sugar evenly over butter. Arrange apples, cut sides down, over sugar and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook over medium heat, turning apples occasionally, until sugar is caramelized and apples are tender and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Arrange apples, cut sides down, in concentric circles in bottom of cake pan, then pour over any caramel from skillet.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pulse walnuts with remaining cup sugar in a food processor until finely ground.
- Beat remaining 1 1/2 sticks butter in a bowl with an electric mixer until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add walnut sugar and beat until just combined. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition, then beat in extracts. At low speed, mix in flour mixture until just combined (batter will be thick).
- Dollop batter over apples and spread evenly. Bake until torte just begins to pull away from side of pan and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes. Cool torte in pan on a rack 30 minutes. Put rack over torte, then invert torte onto rack.
- Melt apple jelly in a small heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring. Brush apples generously with jelly, then cool torte completely, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
More about "apple torte recipes"
APPLE TORTE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
APPLE TORTE RECIPE - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS | RECIPE | TORTE RECIPE ...
APPLE TORTE RECIPE | RACHAEL RAY
CREAM CHEESE APPLE TORTE - THAT SKINNY CHICK CAN BAKE
APPLE ALMOND TORTE | BLUE JEAN CHEF - MEREDITH LAURENCE
APPLE TORTE - RECIPES | PAMPERED CHEF CANADA SITE
APPLE TORTE RECIPE | DR. MCDOUGALL
RUSTIC FRENCH APPLE TART - ONCE UPON A CHEF
APPLE TORTE | RICARDO
APPLE TORTE | CANADIAN LIVING
BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE - SEASONS AND SUPPERS
BUTTERY APPLE TORTE | FIVE ROSES
EASY ITALIAN APPLE CAKE (TORTA DI MELE) - SCRUMMY LANE
ROBINHOOD | BUTTERY APPLE TORTE
HOW TO MAKE A CARAMEL APPLE TORTE - CHEF DENNIS
BAREFOOT CONTESSA | FRENCH APPLE TART | RECIPES
APPLE TORTE RECIPE
EASY APPLE TORTE RECIPE | RECIPELAND
APPLE TART RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST APPLE TART RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE TART - DELISH
BUTTERY APPLE TORTE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
APPLE TORTE | RICARDO
APPLE CREAM TORTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
APPLE TORTE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
HONEYED APPLE TORTE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
25 TASTY TORTE RECIPES TO HELP YOU CELEBRATE - INSANELY GOOD
APPLE BAVARIAN TORTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
APPLE TORTE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
TORTA DI MELE: RUSTIC TUSCAN APPLE CAKE - ITALY MAGAZINE
APPLE CREAM TORTE RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
SPRINGFORM PAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ITALIAN APPLE TORTA TORTA DI MELE FROM LA BELLA VITA CUCINA
GERMAN APPLE TORTE RECIPE - BAKERRECIPES.COM
FRENCH APPLE CAKE - ONCE UPON A CHEF
BAVARIAN APPLE TORTE | METRO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #desserts #fruit #dietary #low-sodium #low-in-something #apples
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook apples on a torte?Toss the sliced apples with the sugar mixture and spread over the cheese filling. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and continue baking for 25 minutes. Sprinkle almonds over top of torte. Continue baking until almonds are lightly browned and apples are tender.
What is an apple Torte made out of?A cookie-like crust holds the sensational filling of cream cheese, apples and almonds. This comforting apple torte will be welcomed addition to a bake sale or potluck. —Sheila Swift, Dobson, North Carolina Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in flour and vanilla until blended.
How do you make the perfect apple cake?Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Spread evenly over crust. Combine remaining 1/3 cup sugar and the cinnamon. Add to apples in large bowl; toss to coat. Spoon over cream cheese layer; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 10 min. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F; continue baking 25 min. or until centre is set. Cool on wire rack. Loosen torte from rim of pan.
How to make apple cake with cream cheese?In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and almond extract; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place apples in a large bowl. Mix cinnamon sugar and nutmeg; add to apples and toss to coat. Arrange over cream cheese mixture. Bake 5 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 400°.