APRICOT HONEY CHICKEN
Apricot Honey Chicken is a sheer delight with its sweet, fruity sauce. There's no need to heat up the oven for this flavorful entree, so you can even enjoy it during the summer...or any time of year. -Kathy Hawkins, Ingleside, Illinois
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°., Combine the preserves, orange juice and honey; pour over chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243 calories, Fat 7g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 78mg cholesterol, Sodium 74mg sodium, Carbohydrate 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
APRICOT HONEY GRILLED CHICKEN
This was great for our 1st barbecue of the season! It is delicious! Serve with herbed rice for the glaze and a delicious green salad. Found on Land O' Lakes.
Provided by Manami
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 1-quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion.
- Cook over medium heat until onion is softened (1 minute).
- Stir in all remaining glaze ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Combine oregano, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in small bowl.
- Rub on both sides of chicken breasts.
- Place chicken onto grill.
- Grill, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear when pierced with a fork (15 to 20 minutes).
- Brush chicken with glaze during last 5 minutes of grilling.
- Cook remaining glaze in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Serve warm glaze over chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 187.6, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.2, Cholesterol 73.4, Sodium 240.3, Carbohydrate 10, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 9.1, Protein 26.4
- Cook shallots and ginger in oil in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar and boil until reduced by about half, about 2 minutes. Add soy sauce, preserves, and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Purée sauce in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids), then cool to room temperature.
- Divide chicken between 2 large sealable bags and pour marinade over chicken. Seal bags, pressing out excess air, and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F with rack in middle.
- Line a 17- by 12-inch shallow heavy baking pan with 2 slightly overlapping sheets of foil, then lightly oil foil. Arrange chicken (with marinade) in 1 layer in pan. Roast chicken, turning once, until deep brown, cooked through, and glazed, about 40 minutes total.
HONEY GRILLED CHICKEN
- Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in honey and lemon juice. Reserve half for basting, and brush the other half onto the chicken breasts.
- Lightly oil the grill grate, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes per side, turning frequently. Baste often during the last 5 minutes. Chicken is done when the meat is firm, and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269.3 calories, Carbohydrate 23.9 g, Cholesterol 82.5 mg, Fat 8.6 g, Fiber 0.1 g, Protein 24.7 g, SaturatedFat 4.4 g, Sodium 100.7 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN
We really like Apricot Chicken. In the summer I hate to heat up the house. DH made this for a cookout. Absolutely delicious! **There is also a variation in the directions for Asian Glazed Chicken. *PLEASE NOTE!* For easier clean up I would suggest using a grill pan or aluminum to cook the chicken on. Found this recipe in Cooking Light.
Provided by kittycatmom
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well.
- 2. Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- 3. Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- 4. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
- Asian-Glazed Grilled Chicken Variation:.
- Combine 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (or other hot chile sauce), and 3 minced garlic cloves, stirring well until blended. Prepare Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken, omitting apricot preserves, vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Baste chicken with hoisin mixture after each turn. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half or 1 thigh and 1 drumstick).
APRICOT CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS
During the summer months, you can find my family gathered around the grill enjoying delicious dishes like this chicken recipe. You can serve the drumsticks hot off the grill or chilled. -Mary Ann Sklanka, Blakely, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. For sauce, in a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. , Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, turning occasionally and basting with sauce during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve immediately, or cool slightly and refrigerate until chilled and serve cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 361 calories, Fat 22g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 94mg cholesterol, Sodium 599mg sodium, Carbohydrate 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 29g protein.
APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN
- Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Brown chicken in heated skillet.
- Add chicken broth, jam and soy sauce. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done (no longer pink in the center).
- Remove chicken from skillet. Add 1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water to sauce to thicken (equal amounts more of each if you like it thicker). Return chicken to skillet and turn to coat thoroughly with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.1 calories, Carbohydrate 35.1 g, Cholesterol 83.1 mg, Fat 1.9 g, Protein 33.7 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 226.8 mg, Sugar 30.9 g
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Rinse chicken thighs; pat dry, and transfer to a baking dish. Season well with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Bring jam, honey, and mustard to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer until thickened and reduced by half, about 15 minutes. Spoon apricot mixture over chicken thighs, spreading with back of spoon to coat evenly.
- Bake chicken, basting with sauce from bottom of dish every 10 minutes, until juices run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork, about 30 minutes.
APRICOT-HONEY DIJON CHICKEN
Create a delicious honey Dijon chicken dish with apricot preserves, ginger and Dijon mustard. Our Apricot-Honey Dijon Chicken is anything but ordinary!
Provided by My Food and Family
Yield Makes 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients except chicken until blended.
- Reserve half the mustard mixture for later use. Brush chicken with remaining mustard mixture.
- Grill chicken 6 to 8 min. on each side or until done (165°F), brushing occasionally with reserved mustard mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190, Fat 4 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, TransFat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 330 mg, Carbohydrate 0 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugar 0 g, Protein 25 g
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS
The sweetness of fruit preserves, the tanginess of balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard--together they make a perfect glaze for juicy grilled thighs.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat gas or charcoal grill. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients; mix well. Set aside.
- When grill is heated, place chicken on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 to 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing with preserves mixture once halfway through cooking time. Discard any remaining preserves mixture.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 255, Carbohydrate 5 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Fiber 0 g, Protein 30 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, ServingSize 1/4 of Recipe, Sodium 240 mg, Sugar 3 g
More about "apricot honey grilled chicken recipes"
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (13)Calories 247 per servingServings 4
- Prepare grill for indirect grilling. If using a gas grill, heat one side to medium-high and leave one side with no heat. If using a charcoal grill, arrange hot coals on one side of charcoal grate, leaving the other side empty.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Place chicken, meaty sides down, on grill rack coated with cooking spray over direct heat; grill 5 minutes or until browned.
- Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Grill 5 minutes over direct heat or until browned. Turn chicken over, moving it over indirect heat; baste with apricot mixture. Cover and cook 15 minutes. Turn chicken over; baste with apricot mixture. Cook 20 minutes or until done.
APRICOT HONEY GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
4.5/5 (4)Calories 240 per servingServings 4
- Melt butter in 1-quart saucepan until sizzling; add onion. Cook over medium heat 1 minute or until onion is softened. Stir in all remaining glaze ingredients. Set aside.
- Combine oregano, salt and pepper in bowl. Rub onto both sides of chicken breasts. Place chicken onto grill. Grill, turning once, 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches at least 165°F and juices run clear when pierced with a fork.
- Brush chicken with glaze during last 5 minutes of grilling. Cook remaining glaze in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until it comes to a boil, stirring constantly. Serve warm glaze over chicken.
MOROCCAN CHICKEN - CHELSEA'S MESSY APRON
HONEY BALSAMIC APRICOT CHICKEN - UNBOUND WELLNESS
HONEY-THYME CHICKEN-AND-APRICOT KEBABS RECIPE | FOOD & WINE
GRILLED GINGER CHICKEN WITH APRICOT CHUTNEY - ONCE UPON A CHEF
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE
HONEY GRILLED APRICOTS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
GRILLED APRICOT CHICKEN RECIPE - THE CAREFREE KITCHEN
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - VINDULGE
GOLDEN GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS WITH APRICOTS | BETTER HOMES
APRICOT HONEY CHICKEN RECIPE
3-INGREDIENT APRICOT GLAZED CHICKEN - THE SEASONED MOM
APRICOT DIJON GLAZE : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI
APRICOT-HONEY GLAZED CHICKEN | METRO
CHIPOTLE APRICOT GRILLED CHICKEN THIGHS | EASY CHICKEN DINNER RECIPE
APRICOT CHICKEN GRILLED, SWEET AND TANGY | BUY THIS COOK THAT
APRICOT HONEY CHICKEN RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
GRILLED APRICOT CHICKEN THIGHS - KITCHEN LAUGHTER
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN – SANDI GRIFFIN
APRICOT HONEY GRILLED CHICKEN - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
APRICOT-GLAZED CHICKEN BREASTS RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
APRICOT GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE - CULLY'S KITCHEN
APRICOT HONEY CHICKEN – KAY'S RECIPES
HONEY APRICOT CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS - THE SEASONED MOM
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN - RECIPES | NOAHSTRENGTH.COM
GRILLED GINGER CHICKEN WITH APRICOT CHUTNEY RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
EASY APRICOT CHICKEN (ONLY 5 INGREDIENTS) | FAVORITE FAMILY RECIPES
APRICOT HONEY CHICKEN - WHAT'S COOKIN, CHICAGO
BEST CHICKEN APRICOT PANINI RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
APRICOT-GLAZED GRILLED CHICKEN - KIWI AND CARROT
GRILLED APRICOT-BOURBON BBQ CHICKEN THIGHS - WINE A LITTLE, COOK …
APRICOT HONEY CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #main-dish #fruit #poultry #vegetables #dinner-party #chicken #spicy #citrus #lemon #meat #chicken-breasts #onions #taste-mood
You'll also love