STEAK GAUCHO-STYLE WITH ARGENTINIAN CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- Preheat a grill.
- Place all chimichurri sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed. Reserve.
- Dissolve cayenne pepper and salt in 1 cup hot water. Transfer to a squeeze container.
- Place the steak directly over a hot grill, baste with the chimichurri grilling sauce, and grill until the outer portion of the meat reaches the desired degree of doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and slice long strips from the outer edges of the steak. Instruct guests to pick up a steak slice from the cutting board with their fingers, place it on a slice of baguette, and enjoy. Return the remaining steak to the grill, baste, and grill until more of the steak is cooked. Remove and repeat the slicing and serving procedure until steak is consumed. For extra spicy steak, baste 2 or 3 additional times with the cayenne pepper mixture during grilling process. Spoon chimichurri sauce over steak. (Also brilliant on any grilled fish or chicken)
- Recommended beverage: Argentinian Malbec (red)
ARGENTINIAN GRILLED FLANK STEAK WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
A simple grilled technique and flavorful, herb-packed sauce enliven flank steak. From Cook's Illustrated 2009 Summer Grilling issue.
Provided by ElleFirebrand
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Prepare grill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Place onion on baking sheet; brush both sides lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle both sides of steak with salt and pepper. Place onion and steak directly on grill. Grill onion, turning once, until streaked with dark grill marks, 10 to 12 minutes. Grill steak until well seared and dark brown on side, 5 to 7 minutes. Using tongs, flip steak; continuing grilling on other side until interior of meat is slightly less done than you want it to be when you eat it, 2 to 5 minutes more for rare or medium-rate.
- Transfer steak to cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice steak very thing on bias against the grain. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Place onions on platter and arrange meat over onions. Serve with Chimichurri Sauce.
- For Chimichurri Sauce:.
- Process parsley and garlic in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, stopping as necessary to scrape sides of bowl. Until ingredients are chopped fine. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Whisk in oil, vinegar, pepper flakes, salt and 2 tablespoons water until thoroughly blended. Serve immediately.
GRILLED BEEF WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
From the Royal Caribbean International Cookbook, which states that chimichurri sauce is as common in Argentina as ketchup is in the United States. I've seen a few other posted recipes for chimichurri sauce, but none that have quite the same list of ingredients that are included in this recipe. Prep time includes marinating time.
Provided by Northwestgal
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a glass bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, oregano, parsley, garlic and crushed red pepper. Season with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Place beef in a zip-lock plastic bag and add 3/4 cup (200ml) chimichurri sauce. Remove excess air from bag, seal it, and turn bag several times to coat beef with the sauce. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours. Cover the remaining sauce and refrigerate.
- About 30 minutes before grilling, remove the beef and reserved sauce from the refrigerator. Soak wood chips in cold water. Heat a covered charcoal or gas grill to medium hot. Just before cooking toss the wood chips into the hot coals, or add the wood chips to the gas grill according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Grill the beef, turning occasionally and basting with the marinade from the bag until the outside is well browned and inside is cooked to desired degree, about 10 to 20 minutes. (A thermometer should register 125F°/52°C for medium-rare, or 135F°/57°C for medium.) Discard remaining marinade from the bag.
- Transfer beef to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes. Slice and transfer to a warmed serving platter. Drizzle the slices with some of the reserved chimichurri sauce and serve while still hot.
- NOTE: If using a strip loin, leave a 1/2-inch (1.25cm) layer of fat around the roast. For individual steaks, cut the meat into 6-ounce (170g) portions, about 1 1/2 inches (3.75cm) thick. Sear in a hot pan for 2 minutes on each side, and then grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or as desired.
ARGENTINIAN-STYLE BEEF WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
Whether used as a marinade or as a sauce, a versatile chimichurri complements most any grilled fish, chicken, or meat.
Categories Beef Garlic Onion Father's Day Backyard BBQ Dinner Beef Tenderloin Spice Bell Pepper Fall Summer Grill Grill/Barbecue Cilantro Gourmet Sugar Conscious Dairy Free Wheat/Gluten-Free Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free No Sugar Added
Yield Makes 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 22
- Stir together all ingredients for beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons each of salt and pepper. Marinate, covered and chilled, 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, stir together all chimichurri ingredients with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and let stand at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a grill for direct-heat cooking over medium-hot charcoal (medium-high heat for gas); see grilling procedure. Remove beef from marinade and rub off excess (discard marinade).
- Skewer beef, leaving about 1/2 inch between pieces. Oil grill rack, then grill (covered if using a gas grill), turning occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare. Serve beef with chimichurri sauce.
ARGENTINE-STYLE BEEF WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
- For chimichurri sauce:
- Whisk all ingredients and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt in medium bowl. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- For beef:
- Whisk all ingredients except beef in large bowl; whisk in 1 tablespoon salt. Add beef; toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Prepare barbecue (high heat). Thread beef with some marinade still clinging onto 8 skewers. Grill skewers until beef is charred on all sides and cooked to desired doneness, about 5 minutes for medium-rare.
- Place 1 skewer on each plate. Pass chimichurri sauce alongside.
People also searched
More about "argentinian style beef with chimichurri sauce recipes"
ARGENTINIAN BEEF KABOBS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE
5/5 (4)Category Main CourseCuisine ArgentinianTotal Time 35 mins See details »
ARGENTINIAN CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPE - OLIVIA'S CUISINE
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Serve immediately or, if you can, let it sit for at least 15 minutes before serving for the flavors to meld. If not using right away, refrigerate for up to 3 weeks but bring to room temperature before serving.
CLASSIC ARGENTINE CHIMICHURRI STEAK: WITH STEP-BY-STEP ...
- Using a food processor or blender, pulse the ingredients for the sauce just until everything is combined and garlic is very finely minced. Set aside.
- Place the steak in a nonreactive (glass, ceramic, stainless steel) container. Spread four tablespoons of chimichurri sauce on top of it; flip over a few times to coat. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour or in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Allow meat to come to room temp before proceeding (about 1/2 hour out of the fridge); preheat grill to high (450 F). Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and grill for 3-4 minutes per side (5-6 minutes per side), until it is lightly charred on the outside and medium-rare inside (or to your liking).
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain. Spoon chimichurri on top or serve on the side.
ARGENTINE-STYLE BURGERS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - CANADA BEEF
Estimated Reading Time 1 min See details »
ARGENTINIAN-STYLE CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPE
Calories 117Total Fat 12g 15%Saturated Fat 2g 8%Estimated Reading Time 2 mins See details »
AUTHENTIC ARGENTINIAN STYLE CHIMICHURRI STEAK RECIPE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins See details »
TOP ROUND ROAST BEEF WITH CHIMICHURRI • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
Estimated Reading Time 8 mins
- Reserve ½ of chimichurri (1 c) in an airtight container. Store it in the refrigerator until ready to use as a garnish for the roast.
- The other half (1 c) of the chimichurri, use to marinade the meat. Place the meat in a zipper sealed bag and pour in the marinade. Marinade overnight, at least 12 hours (up to 24 hours).
ARGENTINEAN BEEF SLIDERS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - FARM ...
Cuisine ArgentineanCategory AppetizersServings 8Total Time 25 mins
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a bowl or food processor, combine parsley, oregano, garlic, onion, vinegar, peppers and salt until thoroughly blended.
- Refrigerate until serving time. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, ancho chili pepper, salt and black pepper.
BEST CHIMICHURRI RECIPE | CREME DE LA CRUMB
Estimated Reading Time 5 mins See details »
ARGENTINIAN BEEF BURGERS WITH CHIMICHURRI RECIPE BY ...
4.7/5 (55)Estimated Reading Time 50 secs See details »
SPICE-RUBBED GRILLED BEEF TENDERLOIN FILETS WITH CHIMICHURRI
5/5 (16)Category DinnerCuisine South AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Combine the olive oil, wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic cloves, shallot, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and a third of the herbs in a blender; blend until almost smooth. Add the remaining herbs in two separate additions, puréeing until almost smooth after each addition. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Remove the tenderloin filets from the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Preheat the grill to high (about 600 degrees).
- Drizzle the filets with the olive oil and rub until evenly coated. Sprinkle the spice rub all over the filets and pat down with your hands so it sticks (the coating will be thick).
ARGENTINEAN OAK-PLANKED BEEF TENDERLOIN & CHIMICHURRI ...
- To prepare steak, sprinkle steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to medium heat. Place steak on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 12 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
- To prepare sauce, combine parsley and remaining ingredients in a food processor, and process until smooth. Serve with steaks.
CHURRASCO SKEWERS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPE | EAT THIS ...
Cuisine HealthyEstimated Reading Time 2 minsCategory Dinner See details »
AGUSTIN BALBI OF ANDō TAKES US THROUGH AN AUTHENTIC ...
See details »
ARGENTINE-STYLE BURGERS WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE - CANADIAN ...
See details »
ARGENTINIAN STYLE BEEF WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPES
See details »
ARGENTINIAN STEAK & CHIMICHURRI RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
See details »
ARGENTINE CHORIPáN SANDWICH RECIPE WITH CHIMICHURRI SAUCE ...
See details »
ARGENTINIAN BRISKET WITH CHIMICHURRI FROM 'JOY OF KOSHER'
See details »
THE BEST CHIMICHURRI SAUCE RECIPES
See details »
You'll also love