ARMENIAN LAMB AND GRILLED VEGETABLES
- For the lamb and vegetables: Thread the eggplant slices onto 2 parallel skewers, piercing through the skin to stabilize the slices flat. Thread the zucchini slices the same way on 2 more skewers. Thread the onion slices the same way, piercing through the widest part of the slices. Finally, thread the tomatoes the same way, piercing though their equators with the stem sides facing up.
- Place skewers on a sheet tray and drizzle and season all sides with olive oil, 1 teaspoon zaatar, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle both sides of each lamb chop with olive oil and season with salt, pepper and remaining tablespoon zaatar.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan for cooking over medium-high heat and heat a wide, heavy-bottomed braiser or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and drizzle with olive oil. Sear the lamb chops in the braiser for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted through the center of the meat (avoid bone) reads 135 degrees F. Cover with foil and let rest while you grill the vegetables.
- Grill the eggplant and zucchini skewers, flipping once, until they have grill marks and are slightly tender, 3 to 5 minutes total. Meanwhile, grill the onion skewers, flipping once, until slightly charred and tender, 7 to 8 minutes total. Grill the tomatoes, flipping once, until they just start to burst and release their juices, 5 to 6 minutes total.
- For Herb Sauce: Stir together the olive oil, vinegar, dill, mint, parsley, garlic, serrano and shallot in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the vegetables from the skewers to a serving platter or bowl. Place the lamb chops on a second platter and drizzle with the herb sauce and any juice left behind in the pan.
ARMENIAN PIZZA (AKA LAHMAJOON)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pulse the garlic in a food processor to mince it. Add the onion and pulse to chop, then add the green pepper and pulse to chop. Add the lamb, tomato paste, tomatoes, parsley, cumin, cayenne, and salt and pepper; process until everything is very well chopped. The consistency should be wet and pasty, like hummus. Spread a thin layer of the meat mixture onto flour tortillas all the way to the edge. Bake directly on the oven rack for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the meat is cooked through. If the tortilla begins to inflate in the oven, pop it with a fork from the top. To serve, squeeze some lemon over the top, fold the pizza into quarters, and eat out of hand.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cube meat ad brown a few pieces at a time. Remove meat and add onions and garlic. Cook slowly for 5 mins, stirring. Dust in the flour and spices and continue cooking 3-4 mins. Stir in the tomato purée and stock away from heat. Blen till smooth. Return to stove and bring to the boil stirring. Add meat and cook in slow oven mk 2 for 3 hours. Pilaf rice cooked in chicken stock with onion - add currants and pistachios.
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB
- Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, wine, and garlic; season with salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaf. Toss lamb with marinade until evenly combined, then pour into a resealable plastic bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 24 hours.
- Position oven rack to its top setting and set oven to broil.
- Remove lamb from marinade and thread onto metal skewers; reserve marinade. Thread onion wedges, green peppers, and mushrooms onto separate metal skewers. Brush vegetables with reserved marinade.
- Broil the skewers on a broiler pan, turning frequently. Cook onions for 12 minutes, lamb for 10 minutes, green pepper for 7 minutes, and the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skewers from ingredients and set aside. Reassemble skewers, alternating lamb, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Place onto broiler pan and brush again with marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Broil skewers again to finish cooking, turning frequently until the lamb is medium-rare and the vegetables begin to blacken in spots, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 61.5 mg, Fat 29.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 101.3 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
ARMENIAN STUFFED LEG OF LAMB
Mint, cinnamon, currants, lemon - the herb-laden, sweet and spicy flavor of Armenian cuisine is ideal for warming up a crisp autumn evening. From "An Armenian Evening", Good Food Magazine, October 1986. Prep time does not include marinating time. Posted for ZWT 4.
Provided by JackieOhNo
Categories Long Grain Rice
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Marinate lamb: Remove fell (the thin outer membrane) and all but 1/8-inch layer fat from lamb. Make 12 small incisions in outside surface and insert garlic slivers. Combine oil, lemon juice, mint, oregano, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Place lamb in glass dish and spread o il mixture evenly over inside and outside surfaces. Let stand covered at room temperature 1-1/2 hours or refrigerate overnight. (If lamb is refrigerated, let warm to room temperature 1-1/2 hours before roasting.).
- Make stuffing about 1-1/2 hours before roasting lamb: Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and celery; saute until tender but not browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in rice, pine nuts and parsley. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice turns opaque, 2-3 minutes. Gradually stir in broth. Stir in currants and pepper to taste. Heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer covered until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and add allspice and cinnamon while fluffing rice with fork. Let cool at room temperature about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place lamb, fat side down, on work surface. Spoon about 2 cups stuffing into pocket where bones were. Press leg together and tie at 1-inch intervals with kitchen string. Place lamb on rack in roasting pan. Spoon remaining stuffing into small casserole and set aside.
- Roast lamb on rack in upper third of oven until browned, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees. Carefully pour 1-1/2 cups water into pan. Continue to roast, basting every 15 minutes, until meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of leg registers 145 degrees for medium-rare; it will take about 45 minutes. Fifteen minutes before lamb is done, spoon 1-2 T. pan juices over stuffing in casserole and bake in oven until heated through. Transfer lamb to carving board and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Spoon fat from pan juices, then heat juices to boiling, scraping loose browned bits on bottom of pan. Strain into sauceboat and season with pepper.
- Slice lamb 1/2-inch thick and serve with stuffing and pan juices.
LAHMAHJOON (ARMENIAN PIZZA)
These savory pizzas are bathed in a tomato and lamb topping, then cut into wedges to serve. Served hot or cold, these may be an appetizer, or put a little salad in the middle, and fold up like a taco for a quick meal.
Provided by KIMLEFEBVRE
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Place ground lamb in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and break into small pieces until mostly browned. Drain any excess grease. Add the onion, green pepper, and garlic. Cook until onion is translucent. Stir in diced tomatoes and tomato paste, then season with parsley, basil, mint, cumin, and if using, cayenne. Simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and refrigerate overnight to blend the flavors.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Distribute the lamb mixture evenly over the tortillas, and spread out to the edges. Place the tortillas onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and place the lahmahjoons onto a large piece of aluminum foil so that two of them are meat side to meat side, then stack the pairs together, and bring the foil up over the top to keep warm. These can be served hot or cold. Cut into small wedges.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 476.3 calories, Carbohydrate 52.4 g, Cholesterol 76 mg, Fat 16.5 g, Fiber 5.6 g, Protein 28.7 g, SaturatedFat 6.6 g, Sodium 888 mg, Sugar 11.7 g
More about "armenian lamb recipes"
ARMENIAN LAMB CASSEROLE | DINNER RECIPES | GOODTOKNOW
2.9/5 (153)Category Dinner,Main CourseServings 6Total Time 2 hrs
ROAST LEG OF LAMB-ARMENIAN STYLE! RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 2 minsCategory Lamb/SheepCalories 103 per serving
HEAVENLY ARMENIAN FOOD YOU MUST TRY IN 2022! | LING APP
SO AMAZING ARMENIAN LULA KEBABS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ARMENIAN LOSH KEBAB (LAMB BURGERS) - MEDITERRANEAN LIVING
‘ARMENIAN PIZZA’ IS THE COMFORT FOOD YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE …
6 MOST POPULAR ARMENIAN SOUPS - TASTEATLAS
ARMENIAN TRADITIONAL RECIPES. 7 BEST AND TASTIEST FOOD OF …
ARMENIAN MANTI RECIPE: BAKED, OPEN DUMPLINGS WITH LAMB OR BEEF
KHASHLAMA: ARMENIAN LAMB AND VEGETABLE STEW STEP BY …
KHASHLAMA (ARMENIAN LAMB STEW) • CURIOUS CUISINIERE
ARMENIAN LAMB SHANKS - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
J A S O N’S ARMENIAN LAMB STEW | GOURMET COOKING MADE EASY
ARMENIAN FOOD: 30 MUST-TRY DISHES IN ARMENIA | WILL FLY FOR FOOD
ARMENIAN LAMB SAUSAGE - MASTERCOOK
LAMB FOR EASTER? IT JUST SEEMS RIGHT! - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
MEAT DOLMA: ARMENIAN STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES - G-FREE FOODIE
BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB, GRILLED ARMENIAN STYLE
ARMENIAN RECIPES - SERIOUS EATS
RECIPE FOR ARMENIAN STYLE KUFTA WITH POTATOES - THE SPRUCE EATS
LEG OF LAMB ARMENIAN-STYLE — ARMENIAN MUSEUM OF AMERICA
SHASLIK OF LAMB (AUTHENTIC ARMENIAN LAMB SHISH-KABOB)
HEARTY LAMB STEW – ARMENIAN STYLE - THE DESERT SUN
RECIPE: LAHMOUJAN, ARMENIA'S BELOVED MEAT PIE
ROAST LAMB WITH MIDDLE EASTERN SPICES - CHEF TARIQ
ARMENIAN RECIPES — ARMENIAN MUSEUM OF AMERICA
ARMENIAN-STYLE LAMB SHANKS WITH BARLEY RISOTTO - TRAEGER GRILLS
ARMENIAN MEAT PIES (LAHMAJOON) - TASTE OF BEIRUT
LAHMAJUN (ARMENIAN FLATBREADS WITH LAMB OR BEEF)
RECIPE CORNER: ARMENIAN LAMB SHANK DINNER FOR FOUR
ARMENIAN-STYLE GROUND LAMB STEW - BIGOVEN
ARMENIAN LAMB SHANKS, A CUSTOMER RECIPE - FOX TROT FARM
ARMENIAN LAMB SHISH KABOB RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
10 BEST ARMENIAN LAMB RECIPES | YUMMLY
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB MARINADE | ALL QD UP
ARMENIAN LAMB CASSEROLE RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
MAKE ARMENIAN SARMA / STUFFED GRAPE LEAVES
ARMENIAN LAHMAJUN RECIPE | MOM'S NOTES
Tarragon Lamb Shanks Recipe - Armenian Cuisine - Heghineh Cooking Show4K views-15:45
J A S O N’s Armenian Lamb Stew | Gourmet Cooking Made Easy1.2K views-04:38
Kchuch Recipe - How to Cook Lamb Pie from Armenia586 views-07:33
How to Make Armenian Khashlama (Beef-stew w/ Beer)7.7K views-12:06
Armenian Shish Kebab Khorovats Recipe International Cuisines247K views-03:41
Khashlama |Armenian Lamb Stew |Lamb & Beer Stew97 views-04:34
You'll also love