ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB
- Stir together olive oil, lemon juice, wine, and garlic; season with salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, and bay leaf. Toss lamb with marinade until evenly combined, then pour into a resealable plastic bag, and marinate in refrigerator at least 24 hours.
- Position oven rack to its top setting and set oven to broil.
- Remove lamb from marinade and thread onto metal skewers; reserve marinade. Thread onion wedges, green peppers, and mushrooms onto separate metal skewers. Brush vegetables with reserved marinade.
- Broil the skewers on a broiler pan, turning frequently. Cook onions for 12 minutes, lamb for 10 minutes, green pepper for 7 minutes, and the mushrooms for 3 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool until cool enough to handle.
- Remove skewers from ingredients and set aside. Reassemble skewers, alternating lamb, onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Place onto broiler pan and brush again with marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
- Broil skewers again to finish cooking, turning frequently until the lamb is medium-rare and the vegetables begin to blacken in spots, 5 to 7 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384 calories, Carbohydrate 11.8 g, Cholesterol 61.5 mg, Fat 29.3 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 7.1 g, Sodium 101.3 mg, Sugar 5.8 g
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBABS
Based on a meal served in a Chicago restaurant. The waiter told me the seasonings and I guessed the quantities. The blade cut lamb chops are sold in many market as lamb shish kebab meat, making it easier!
Provided by Mareesme
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Cut meat into stew-size cubes.
- Combine remaining ingredients for the marinade and pour over lamb in ziplock bag or non-metal pan, covered.
- Marinate for 5 hours, turning every so often.
- Skewer and grill over medium coals or gas grill until done, approximately 20 minutes, basting frequently with remaining marinade.
- Note: Lamb should not be cooked well-done, and should be cooked uncovered. Meat should still be somewhat pink and juicy inside. I've been told thermometer should read 150 dg. for medium-rare and 160 for medium.
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB
- Place lamb in a large container with a cover.
- In a medium bowl mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, wine, bay leaf, salt, pepper, oregano, and rosemary.
- Pour marinade over lamb cubes, stir thoroughly, and refrigerate,covered, at least 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- About 1 hour before serving time, preheat broiler.
- Drain lamb kebabs, reserving marinade.
- Thread separate skewers of lamb, onion, green pepper, and mushrooms and place on a broiling tray.
- Baste vegetables with some of reserved marinade.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat, turning frequently, as follows: green pepper, about 7 minutes; onions, about 12 minutes; mushrooms, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skewers and allow to cool slightly, until ingredients and skewers can be handled.
- Leave broiler on.
- Remove skewers from ingredients and rethread 4 or 8 skewers (depending on size of skewers) so that each one includes, in alternating pieces, some lamb, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, and tomato.
- Baste again with any remaining marinade.
- Return skewers to broiler and, turning frequently, broil until meat is reheated and cooked medium-rare, vegetables are slightly blackened in spots, and tomatoes are very tender but not yet falling off skewers (5 to 7 minutes more).
- Serve with Rice Pilaf and Pita Bread.
THE BEST SHISH KEBABS
This backyard grilling staple is nothing short of delicious. But the pre-made kebabs from the grocery store leave us underwhelmed--with tough pieces of meat and chunks of vegetables that always seem to end up either burnt or undercooked. For our beef, we chose tenderloin, which chars beautifully and stays tender during cooking. The vegetables are cut small enough to cook through without burning or falling apart and the tangy marinade brings everything together.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 skewers
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Soak the skewers in water for at least 15 minutes and up to overnight. Pat them dry and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk the vinegar, scallions, Dijon, garlic, sugar, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper in a medium bowl or large liquid measuring cup. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
- Put the beef pieces, bell peppers, onions and zucchini in a large resealable plastic bag. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade and pour the rest into the bag and seal. Toss the bag so the meat and vegetables are well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours and up to overnight.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat.
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto a skewer in the following order: beef, zucchini, red pepper, yellow pepper and onion. Repeat the threading three more times, ending with a piece of beef (there should be 5 pieces of beef and 4 pieces of each vegetable on the skewer). Repeat with the remaining skewers and ingredients.
- Sprinkle the kebabs with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Grill at an angle, uncovered, until deep char marks form and the vegetables start to soften, 5 to 6 minutes. Flip the skewers and continue cooking until the beef has reached an internal temperature of 125 degrees F when measured with an instant-read thermometer, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill and brush the kebabs with the reserved 1/4 cup marinade. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
More about "armenian shish kabob recipes"
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB RECIPE | JAMES BEARD FOUNDATION
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBOB AND MARINADE - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB | RECIPE | SHISH KABOBS, KABOB RECIPES, …
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB RECIPE | DEPORECIPE.CO
LAMB SHISH KABOB ARMENIAN-STYLE - BLOGGER
SHISH KEBAB (KHOROVATZ)- THE VIDEO SEQUEL! - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
TRADITIONAL ARMENIAN DISHES YOU MUST TRY - FODORS TRAVEL GUIDE
WEEKEND RECIPE – KRIS JENNER’S ARMENIAN LAMB SHISH KABABS
SHASHLIK (RUSSIAN SHISH KEBABS) | THE DOMESTIC MAN
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB MARINADE RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST …
ARMENIAN STYLE BEEF KABOBS | RECIPE - KOSHER
SHISH KABOB (KEBAB) RECIPE - AMIRA'S PANTRY
STANLEY’S SHISH KEBAB & BAKED LAMB SHANKS - THE ARMENIAN KITCHEN
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST SHISH KEBAB - THE MEDITERRANEAN …
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB RECIPE - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
SHASLIK OF LAMB (AUTHENTIC ARMENIAN LAMB SHISH-KABOB)
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB - LAMB
SO AMAZING ARMENIAN LULA KEBABS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB MARINADE | ALL QD UP
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB KHOROVATS RECIPE INTERNATIONAL CUISINES
SOUS VIDE ARMENIAN STYLE SHISH KABOB RECIPE
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HOW TO MAKE & COOK ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB - YOUTUBE
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY …
OUR FAVORITE ARMENIAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
ARMENIAN LAMB SHISH KABOB RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT …
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB RECIPE RECIPE
SHISH KABOB - IMMACULATE BITES
BEEF SHISH KABOB RECIPE | PBS FOOD
ARMENIAN LAMB SHISH KABOB RECIPE
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ARMENIAN SHISH KABOB - 27 PHOTOS & 14 REVIEWS - FOOD …
SO AMAZING ARMENIAN LULA KEBABS RECIPE -SUNSET MAGAZINE
MIDDLE EASTERN-STYLE GRILLED CHICKEN KABOBS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
ARMENIAN SHISH KEBAB FROM THE BARBECUE BIBLE BY STEVEN …
You'll also love