ASPARAGUS ROLL UPS
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate.
- When bacon is cool, crumble and set aside in a bowl.
- Place asparagus spears into a large skillet and pour in about 1 inch of water. Place over medium heat, cover the skillet, and simmer asparagus until bright green and slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Remove asparagus and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and chives into the bowl with bacon and stir to evenly combine.
- Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin on a work surface until the slices are thin and flat.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over each slice of bread.
- Center 2 asparagus spears on a bread slice, and roll the slice around the asparagus into a tidy and compact cylinder. Place seam side down onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Brush each roll with melted butter and sprinkle each with about 1 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly golden brown and hot, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 185.3 calories, Carbohydrate 14.5 g, Cholesterol 31.8 mg, Fat 11.6 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 6.2 g, SaturatedFat 6.4 g, Sodium 364.8 mg, Sugar 1.7 g
These roll-ups are simply divine. A friend shared the recipe after serving them at a church brunch, where they disappeared fast. They make a unique finger food, a side dish at supper or a lovely lunch served with soup.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 32 appetizers.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Set aside., Flatten bread with a rolling pin. Combine the cream cheese, bacon and chives; spread 1 tablespoonful on each slice of bread. Top with an asparagus spear. Roll up tightly; place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. , Cut roll-ups in half. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts :
PARMESAN ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS
Fancy-looking and festive, these bites make the most of fresh asparagus and crispy phyllo dough. Watch them start conversations...and appetites! Eleanor Froehlich - Rochester, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Cut asparagus spears into 4-in. lengths (discard stalks or save for another use). In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry., Stack both sheets of phyllo dough on a work surface. Cut the stack in half lengthwise, then widthwise into thirds. Separate pieces and brush with some of the oil. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon cheese. Place one asparagus spear along one side of each piece of phyllo dough. Sprinkle lightly with pepper; roll up tightly., Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush tops with oil. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 34 calories, Fat 2g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 1mg cholesterol, Sodium 42mg sodium, Carbohydrate 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein.
ASPARAGUS ROAST BEEF ROLL-UPS
- Stovetop Instructions:
- Half-fill a large bowl with ice water. Place a steamer rack insert in a large pot. Fill the pot with water so it reaches just below the steamer rack. Place the pot over high heat, cover it with a lid, and bring the water to a boil. Add the asparagus, cover the pot (leaving the lid slightly ajar), and steam the asparagus until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the horseradish and sour cream until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Lay 1 1/2 ounces of the beef on a flat work surface or cutting board. Spread one-quarter (about 1/2 tablespoon) of the horseradish mixture over the beef, leaving a small border. Place 3 asparagus spears at one of the narrower ends of each beef slice so the tips hang over. Roll the beef around the bundle of asparagus until you reach the other end of the beef. Repeat with the remaining roast beef, horseradish mixture, and asparagus to create 3 more roll-ups. Serve immediately.
- Microwave Instructions:
- Follow the directions above, except instead of steaming the asparagus, add 1 tablespoon of water and the asparagus to a medium microwave-safe bowl or dish. Cover the dish with a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the asparagus is crisp tender. Transfer the asparagus to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain well.
CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS ROLLS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, split each chicken breast in half horizontally, then pound between 2 pieces of plastic wrap until about 3/8 inch thick (you should have 8 flattened pieces). Season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute chicken breasts and garlic until chicken is light brown on one side only, about 2 minutes; discard garlic.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet, browned side down. Sprinkle chicken pieces with half the cheese; layer each with a tomato slice and 4 asparagus pieces. Roll up; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle remaining cheese over rolls; bake until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove toothpicks. Serve hot.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 414 g, Fat 17 g, Protein 55 g
CHICKEN ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS
Very flavorful chicken and asparagus dish with almost a hollandaise-inspired flavor with a little crunch from the Panko breadcrumbs. Quick and easy to prepare, the presentation is simple yet elegant. Great served with artichokes!
Provided by Monica
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C). Grease a baking dish. In a bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, tarragon, salt, and pepper until the mixture is well combined. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in the microwave on High until bright green and just tender, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Set the asparagus spears aside. Place a chicken breast between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound the chicken breast with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Repeat with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- Place 1 slice of provolone on each chicken breast, and top the cheese with 4 asparagus spears per breast. Roll the chicken breasts around the asparagus and cheese, making a tidy package, and place, seam sides down, in the prepared baking dish. With a pastry brush, apply a coating of the mayonnaise mixture to each chicken breast, and sprinkle each with panko crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chicken to make a coating.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs are browned and the chicken juices run clear, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 530.2 calories, Carbohydrate 28.8 g, Cholesterol 97.2 mg, Fat 33.3 g, Fiber 2.8 g, Protein 36.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.2 g, Sodium 1169.9 mg, Sugar 1.6 g
A delicious appetizer that is also excellent at any party. I have been making the asparagus roll-ups for many years and most everyone just loves them.
Provided by William Uncle Bill
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus and discard.
- In a micro-wave proof casserole dish, place asparagus in a single layer, with spears facing the centre.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and microwave on HIGH (full power) for 4 minutes turning once at half time; DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Remove from microwave, drain and immediately pour cold water over asparagus and place a few ice cubes to cool and stop any further cooking.
- Drain well and pat dry with paper towelling before using.
- Cut off the crust from the bread slices and discard.
- Using a roller, carefully roll each slice to flatten to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spread butter on one side on each piece of flattened bread.
- Then spread some mayonnaise over the butter.
- Place 3 asparagus spears to one side of the flattened bread (facing opposite direcions to each other).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully roll bread/asparagus.
- Cut each roll to about 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Place on a platter and serve.
- Refrigerate any unused portions.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 74.8, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 2.5, Cholesterol 10.2, Sodium 98.5, Carbohydrate 7.8, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 1.2, Protein 1.8
A do-ahead appetizer. You can 'wow' them with this one. I found this at Southern Living and this is the recipe as written. I like to use about half of the amount of blue cheese called for and I just use a 'swipe' on the bread.. not 2 tablespoons full.
Provided by luvmybge
Yield 12 appetizers, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from steamer, and cool on paper towels.
- Stir together cream cheese and next 3 ingredients.
- Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Spread 1 side of each slice with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; top each with 1 ham slice.
- Place 2 asparagus spears, tips pointed toward opposite ends, on one end of each bread slice; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400°F for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Freeze unbaked roll ups up to 1 month in an airtight container.
- Thaw in refrigerator, and bake as directed.
- Yield: 12 appetizer servings.
SAVORY ASPARAGUS SPRING ROLLS
- Bring a medium pan of water to a boil. Blanch the asparagus until crisp-tender, 1 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus. Plunge the asparagus into ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry. Cut each asparagus in half so that you have 2 pieces about 3 inches each.
- For the stalk halves of the asparagus: Place a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface with the corner pointed toward you. Lightly brush the center of the wrapper with oyster sauce. Lay a piece of the stalk-half of asparagus across the wrapper from corner to corner. Fold in the side corners of the wrapper toward the middle, fold up the bottom corner and then roll up. Seal the top of the wrapper by brushing some of the cornstarch mixture along the edges of the wrapper to help seal. Put the rolls onto a plate seam-side down while making the remaining rolls.
- For the spear end of the asparagus: Place a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface with square to you. Lightly brush the middle of the wrapper with oyster sauce. Lay a piece of asparagus with the tip overhanging the edge away from you. Fold up the bottom toward the center. Fold in one side of the wrapper toward the middle and then roll up. Use cornstarch mixture along the edge of the wrapper as a paste to help seal. Put onto a plate seam-side down while preparing the remaining rolls.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add some of the vegetable oil. Add the rolls a few at a time and shallow fry, turning as they become golden brown; do not fry too many at one time and overcrowd the skillet. Once golden, remove from the skillet and drain on paper towels.
- On a small plate, mix together the black and white sesame seeds. Brush the cooked rolls with a little honey, and then roll them in the sesame seeds and serve.
ASPARAGUS PARMESAN PASTRY ROLLS
- Unfold pastry sheets and halve each parallel to fold lines. Roll out 1 half (keep remaining 3 halves chilled, covered with plastic wrap) into a 20- by 7-inch rectangle with a floured rolling pin on a well-floured surface. (Pastry will shrink slightly after rolling.) Brush off excess flour from work surface and both sides of pastry, then trim all edges with a sharp knife to make even. Cut crosswise into 6 (6 1/2- by 3-inch) rectangles.
- Brush rectangles with some egg wash and sprinkle each evenly with 1 packed tablespoon cheese, leaving a 1/2-inch border on long sides. Lay an asparagus stalk along 1 long side, then roll up asparagus in pastry, pressing seam to seal. Make more rolls with remaining pastry, cheese, and asparagus.
- Arrange rolls, seam sides down, about 1 inch apart on lightly oiled baking sheets and brush top and sides lightly with egg wash. Chill rolls until pastry is firm, at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake rolls in batches in middle of oven until puffed and golden, about 16 minutes.
- Transfer with a metal spatula to a cutting board and trim about 1/2 inch from ends. Halve each roll crosswise, then, starting about 1/2 inch from either end, cut each section diagonally in half (see photo, opposite). Stand asparagus rolls on end, 2 by 2 on platters, and drizzle each with 1 drop of truffle oil (if using). Serve warm.
More about "asparagus rollups recipes"
ASPARAGUS & PARMESAN ROLLS - PEPPERIDGE FARM
ASPARAGUS ROLLUPS WITH A BALSAMIC REDUCTION DRIZZLE
10 BEST ASPARAGUS CREAM CHEESE ROLL UPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS - CENTER FOR NUTRITION STUDIES
ASPARAGUS CRESCENT ROLLS | ASPARAGUS ROLLUPS | RADA …
HAM AND ASPARAGUS ROLLUPS : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
HAM & ASPARAGUS BREAKFAST ROLL-UPS RECIPE - HOW TO …
BEEF AND ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS | RACHAEL RAY IN SEASON
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
TURKEY-ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
ASPARAGUS ROLLUPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4/5 (1)Servings 12
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, and remove scales from stalks with a vegetable peeler, if desired. Arrange asparagus in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from steamer, and cool on paper towels.
- Roll each bread slice with a rolling pin to flatten. Spread 1 side of each slice with 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture; top each with 1 ham slice.
- Place 2 asparagus spears, tips pointed toward opposite ends, on 1 end of each bread slice; roll up, and place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
GRILLED STEAK FAJITA ROLL-UPS RECIPE WITH ASPARAGUS - EATWELL101
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT | TASTE OF HOME
ASPARAGUS CRESCENT ROLL APPETIZERS - THE COOKIE ROOKIE®
COOK'S OAKLAND PARK IGA - PRINT RECIPE: ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS WITH …
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS | RACHAEL RAY SHOW
ASPARAGUS APPETIZER ROLL-UPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
THE BEST ASPARAGUS RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
GRILLED STEAK & ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS — MICHIGAN ASPARAGUS
ASPARAGUS ROLLS | FOOD IN A MINUTE
ASPARAGUS ROLLUPS | PARENTS
HAM AND ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE - LOS ANGELES TIMES
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
ASPARAGUS AND HAM ROLLUPS | GIADZY
ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS RECIPE | EAT YOUR BOOKS
CASHSAVER IGA ZZZ CLOSED FEB 2019 - RECIPE: ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS …
ALOUETTE, PROSCIUTTO, AND ASPARAGUS ROLL UPS - THEKITTCHEN
EGG AND ASPARAGUS ROLLUPS RECIPE AT WOMANSDAY.COM- EASTER …
POND COVE IGA FOODLINER - RECIPE: ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS WITH BLUE …
RICK'S SUPERMARKET IGA - RECIPE: ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS WITH BLUE …
10 BEST ASPARAGUS CREAM CHEESE ROLL UPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
PUFFY PASTRY WRAPPED ASPARAGUS ROLLS (+VIDEO) | LIL' LUNA
SPD MARKETS - RECIPE: ASPARAGUS ROLL-UPS WITH BLUE CHEESE
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #appetizers #vegetables #oven #dinner-party #holiday-event #easter #dietary #christmas #hanukkah #new-years #thanksgiving #wedding #independence-day #rosh-hashana #st-patricks-day #valentines-day #asparagus #brunch #superbowl #equipment
You'll also love