AUSTRALIAN CRASH HOT POTATOES
Smashed potato cakes - crispy on the outside, soft in the middle, salty, garlicky, herby and cheesy goodness.
Provided by DrSkank
Categories Mashed Potatoes
Yield 8 Cakes, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Microwave, boil or bake baby potatoes until fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Drizzle olive oil on a baking sheet, set potatoes on sheet and using a potato masher, gently smash each potato down, rotating masher both ways (so it looks like a thick cookie).
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt/pepper and sprinkle cut fresh herbs and garlic over each.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.8, Fat 0.3, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 20.4, Carbohydrate 59.4, Fiber 7.5, Sugar 2.6, Protein 6.9
HOMEMADE POTATO CRISPS
Make your own crisps using your microwave! A tasty and easy alternative to bought crisps (not to mention alot cheaper). A mandoline or food processor makes slicing the potato into paper thin slices alot easier.
Provided by fionatheobald
Yield Serves 1
Number Of Ingredients 0
- Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic sandwich or freezer bag. Add the potato slices, and toss to coat.
- Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). Times will vary depending on the power of your microwave. Remove chips from plate, and toss with salt (or other seasonings). Let cool. Repeat process with the remaining potato slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate.
- If you want salt and vinegar; soak the raw potatoes in vinegar (cider/malt/red wine vinegar - all work well and produce different flavours) for 15-20 minutes for the best flavor. The potatoes may start to turn brown, but don't worry - they'll turn brown after they cook anyway.
HERBED POTATO CRISPS
A tasty potato dish for those occasions when you just don't have much time and you are looking for a shortcut. The potatoes are not peeled, there is no onion or garlic to peel and chop, mince or crush and all the herbs are dried. Preparation involves little more than pre-heating the oven, getting your dried herbs out of the cupboard and cutting the potatoes into thin slices. Vary the herbs according to your preferences. This dish is best made just before serving. I was inspired to develop this recipe, the particular combination of herbs, from memories of a similar dish I ate many years ago in a restaurant in Hampstead Heath, in England, so it is, I suppose an English-Australian recipe. It was served with Onion, Apple and Sage Pie. In view of Bekah49036's comment in her review that her potatoes were too salty, do add salt to taste. People's tastes differ SO much! I've adjusted the two salts in the ingredients to now read "to taste". Thanks Bekah49036! :)
Provided by bluemoon downunder
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pre-heat the oven to a high temperature.
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place the potato slices on well-greased oven trays.
- Brush the potato slices with oil and a sprinkling of the pepper and herbs. (Alternatively you can combine the oil, the pepper and the herbs in a bowl and toss the potato slices in the oil/herb mixture until they are well-coated - but this would take longer.).
- Bake the potato slices for about 20 minutes or until they are well-browned and crisp.
- Sprinkle with combined salts and serve.
AUSSIE POTATO HOT CROSS BUNS
Australian Hot Cross Buns have a very moist and melt in your mouth feel. I have tested several recipes from Zaar and have taken what I like to come up with these. The family flipped over them this year.
Provided by Aussie-In-California
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 12 Buns, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- BUNS: Peel and cut potato into 1" cubes and boil in salted water until tender. Drain water and mash till smooth in consistency. Let cool to room temperature.
- Soak raisins in enough hot water to cover and let sit for 1-2 hours (or even let soak overnight). Drain before use.
- Grease up a 9" x 13" baking pan and set aside.
- Grease up a large ceramic/glass/metal bowl and set aside.
- Combine yeast, water, and milk and sugar into medium sized bowl and stir well. Let it rest for 5 mins till it becomes foamy.
- In a large bowl mix potatoes, sugar, salt, butter, eggs, and cinnamon till the butter is well incorporated. Then add yeast mixture.
- Add the flour one cup at a time till dough is firm enough to turn out onto floured surface.
- Keep adding flour till it reaches a smooth elastic consistency (about 5-8 minutes) adding the raisins as you knead.
- Place dough in the large greased bowl, flipping over once to allow the fat to coat and let rise 1 1/2 hours in a warm area (preferably between 80°-85°F). Cover with parchment or saran wrap.
- Knead and punch down dough and divide in to 12 fist sized balls. Place in rows into the 9" x 13" baking pan. Cover and let them sit for second raise for 40 mins in warm area.
- Snip tops with scissors to make crosses or decorations. Brush with egg yolk.
- Bake 40-45 minutes at 375°F
- Once out from the oven, let cool in pan for 30 mins, then turn out onto wire rack.
- ICING: While the buns are cooling combine milk, sugar, butter, and vanilla. Add more icing sugar or milk to adjust consistency to form thick paste.
- Place mixture into piping bag or into a Ziplock bag cut corner to pipe icing crosses (or whatever).
- Serve with butter.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505.3, Fat 12, SaturatedFat 6.9, Cholesterol 73.9, Sodium 405.9, Carbohydrate 92.6, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 43.2, Protein 9.1
More about "aussie potato crisps recipes"
CRISPY OVEN BAKED POTATOES - RECIPES - WILTSHIRE AUSTRALIA
CRISPY JACKET POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
CRISPY POTATO CAKES - STAY AT HOME MUM
CRASH HOT POTATOES - CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES RECIPE | KITCHN
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY POTATOES | ALLRECIPES
AUSTRALIAN FLAKE SEA SALT IN 2022 | INSPIRALIZED RECIPES, BAKED FISH ...
AUSTRALIAN POTATO SCALLOPS | TASTY KITCHEN: A HAPPY RECIPE …
30 BEST EASY AUSTRALIAN FOOD RECIPES – THE UNTAPPED LIST!
DELICIOUS BAKED POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
AUSTRALIAN BATTERED POTATOES RECIPE RECIPES
AUSSIE POTATO CRISPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CRASH HOT POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES
CRASH HOT POTATOES ARE THE ULTIMATE CREAMY, CRISPY CARB
ULTRA CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | RECIPETIN EATS
CRISPY ROAST POTATOES RECIPE | WOOLWORTHS
POTATO SCALLOPS | POTATO RECIPES | SBS FOOD
POTATO CRISPS - 29 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
POTATO ROSTI | RECIPETIN EATS
HOW TO COOK THE PERFECT CRISPS | SNACKS | THE GUARDIAN
AUSSIE POTATO CRISPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | POTATO CRISPS ...
RECIPE DETAIL PAGE | LCBO
6 AUSSIE FOOD BRANDS THAT ARE DIFFERENT AROUND THE WORLD
AUSTRALIAN POTATO BAKE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY RECIPES AND ...
I TRIED AUSTRALIAN POTATO SCALLOPS - KITCHN
GET THE BEST AUSTRALIAN POTATO CHIPS | CLOSET CHIPSIN’
CRISP GARLIC POTATOES RECIPE | NEW IDEA FOOD
HASH BROWNS | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S WEEKLY FOOD
THE BEST EVER HOMEMADE POTATO CAKES! - STAY AT HOME MUM
HOW TO MAKE POTATO SCALLOPS: A SIMPLE GUIDE RECIPE - NEW IDEA
NO DUD SPUDS: HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF AUSTRALIAN POTATOES
MONTE CRISTO SANDWICHES WITH POTATO CRISPS | GOURMET TRAVELLER
HEALTHY CHIPS: 8 BEST LOW-CALORIE POTATO CHIPS - NEW IDEA
CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES - STAY AT HOME MUM
CRISPY CRISPY HERBY SMASHED POTATOES | FEASTING AT HOME
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES | MYFOODBOOK
THREE AUSSIE FARMERS PORK MIGNON WITH SWEET POTATO CRISPS
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #lunch #side-dishes #potatoes #vegetables #easy #beginner-cook #kid-friendly #low-fat #vegetarian #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #comfort-food #brown-bag #inexpensive #low-in-something #taste-mood #to-go #equipment
You'll also love