MOM'S LASAGNA, FALL VERSION
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the lasagna noodles 3 to 4 minutes less than the package directs. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and pour the pasta onto a baking sheet to cool. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking and set aside until ready to assemble.
- For the Bolognese: Place a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the beef, season with salt, and cook, breaking up any lumps, until it begins to brown. Move the beef to one side of the pan, add the squash and cook until it begins to brown and soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the onions, celery and garlic with a large pinch of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften and begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste and toast for a few minutes until it looks rusty. Add in the white wine, scraping the brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the crushed tomatoes and thyme bundle and bring to a simmer. Stir in the reserved 1 cup pasta water and cook over low heat, partially covered, until the sauce has thickened and reduced, at least 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove the thyme bundle.
- For the bechamel: Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed saucepot over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until it forms a wet sandy consistency. Slowly whisk in the milk and bring to a gentle boil. Reduce to a simmer, then whisk in the nutmeg and 1 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook, stirring often, until thickened and smooth, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the ricotta, pecorino and egg yolks, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place a 7-quart roasting pan or a lasagna pan on the baking sheet.
- To assemble: Spoon a layer of Bolognese into the pan, covering the whole bottom. Add an even layer of noodles and press into the sauce. Add a layer of Bolognese over the noodles, then another layer of pasta. Spoon some of the bechamel over the noodles, covering the entire surface. Add another layer of pasta, pressing down gently. Spoon a layer of Bolognese to cover the surface. Repeat the layering, ending with a layer of Bolognese on top. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, then cover with foil and bake until completely warmed through, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Uncover and continue to bake until golden brown and crusty on top, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and let set 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees.
- CUT cabbage into thin strips. Pour boiling water over porcini mushrooms and let soak for 30 minutes or until softened. Drain and chop porcini mushrooms.
- HEAT 1 tablespoon of the butter and the oil in a large skillet over moderately low heat.
- ADD garlic, mushrooms and rosemary and cook until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes.
- ADD cabbage and cook over low heat, covered for 5 minutes.
- ADD wine and simmer until the wine is evaporated.
- ADD 1/4 cup of water and cook over low heat until cabbage is tender, about 6 minutes. Discard garlic and rosemary and season cabbage with salt and pepper to taste.
- MELT remaining 4 tablespoons butter over moderately low heat. Add flour and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- ADD milk in a stream, whisking and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes and season with salt and pepper to taste and a pinch of nutmeg.
- ADD cabbage to sauce.
- COMBINE the 2 cheese. Spread one-third of the cabbage mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- ARRANGE half of the lasagne in one layer on top of the cabbage and top with half the remaining cabbage mixture and half of the cheese mixture .
- ARRANGE the remaining lasagne over the cheese and top with the remaining cabbage mixture and cheese.
- BAKE in the middle of the over for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 458.6, Fat 29.7, SaturatedFat 16.6, Cholesterol 75.1, Sodium 327.1, Carbohydrate 23.5, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 14.8, Protein 14.7
FALL VEGETABLE LASAGNA
This is from a GLAD magazine ad. The hubby doesn't like meatless dishes, but I'm gonna try and sneak this one by.
Provided by Mizoblivious
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- .Heat 2 tsp oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add squash in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side until just tender; transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining 1 tsp oil in same skillet.
- Add onions, bell pepper, 1/4 tsp salt, and garlic; cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add spinach in batches and cook, stirring just until wilted, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Combine ricotta, basil and remaining 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spoon half of the sauce on bottom of 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Layer sauce with 3 noodles; one third of ricotta mixture and squash.
- Layer twice more with 3 noodles, ricotta mixture and spinach mixture.
- Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake until sauce is bubbly and noodles are tender, about 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until evenly brown. Drain juices. Mix the onion, green bell pepper, carrots, garlic, and tomato sauce into the skillet. Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- In the bottom of the prepared baking dish, layer 1/2 the zucchini strips. In a bowl, beat together the cottage cheese and egg, and spread over the zucchini. Scoop 1/2 the beef mixture over the cottage cheese and egg mixture, and sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Layer with remaining zucchini, beef mixture, and mozzarella. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow to sit 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.8 calories, Carbohydrate 10.3 g, Cholesterol 71.3 mg, Fat 13.5 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 19.7 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 569.8 mg, Sugar 5.4 g
More about "autumn lasagna recipes"
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE EVER! | THE RECIPE CRITIC
60 CHEESY, GOOEY LASAGNA RECIPES TO TRY TONIGHT - TASTE …
BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPINACH LASAGNA - JULIA'S ALBUM
FALL UPGRADES FOR LASAGNA | EPICURIOUS
EASY LAZY DAY LASAGNA - MOM ON TIMEOUT
AUTUMN PUMPKIN LASAGNA - BOSSKITCHEN.COM
15+ FALL CASSEROLE RECIPES FOR SUNDAY DINNER | EATINGWELL
FALL PUMPKIN LASAGNA - LA CUCINA ITALIANA
AUTUMN LASAGNA WITH BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND SPINACH
15 MEATLESS LASAGNA RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
EASY NO FUSS LASAGNA - INSPIRED TASTE
EASIEST LASAGNA EVER - DAMN DELICIOUS
EASY VEGETABLE LASAGNA - INSPIRED TASTE
26 LASAGNA RECIPES YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE - THE SPRUCE EATS
AUTUMN HARVEST LASAGNA – FIND JERSEY FRESH
18 EASY LASAGNA RECIPES - NEW WAYS TO MAKE LASAGNA - COUNTRY …
AUTUMN SQUASH LASAGNA RECIPE | PBS FOOD
AUTUMN LASAGNA RECIPE - SPRY LIVING
LASAGNA SOUP IS THE PERFECT FALL AND WINTER RECIPE | GMA
BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA | THE COZY APRON
GIADA DE LAURENTIIS MAKES BUTTERNUT SQUASH LASAGNA FOR FALL
THE BEST MAKE AHEAD LASAGNA - CULINARY HILL
THE BEST LASAGNA RECIPE - SUGAR SPUN RUN
AUTUMN LASAGNA - VIKING RANGE, LLC
AUTUMN LASAGNA WITH CHICKEN, SQUASH AND SAGE | RECIPE | CREAMY …
THE 19+ BEST HOMEMADE LASAGNA RECIPES - RECIPES FOR LASAGNA
FALL LASAGNA RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD - STEVEHACKS.COM
AUTUMN LASAGNA - VIKING RANGE, LLC
APPLE PIE LASAGNA - NO-BAKE FALL DESSERT - BEYOND FROSTING
AUTUMN LASAGNA RECIPE - EASY KITCHEN
CROCKPOT LASAGNE RECIPE - IT'S ALWAYS AUTUMN
THE BEST LOW-CARB ZUCCHINI LASAGNA RECIPE THAT
AUTUMN LASAGNA WITH CREAMY, BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND ROASTED …
VEGAN, KETO, GLUTEN-FREE AUTUMN LASAGNA - FOR GOODNESS SEYKS
AUTUMN LASAGNA WITH CHICKEN, SQUASH AND SAGE - CTV
VEGAN FALL LASAGNA - FOODUZZI
AUTUMN LASAGNA RECIPE - CITCHN.COM
AUTUMN HARVEST POTATO LASAGNA - CHRISTINASRECIPES.COM
BROKEN MEATBALL LASAGNA RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
FALL VEGETABLE LASAGNA - RECIPECIRCUS.COM
CREAMY AUTUMN LASAGNA - PINOY EASY RECIPES
AUTUMN LASAGNA - PLAIN.RECIPES
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #pasta #european #fall #italian #lasagna #seasonal #pasta-rice-and-grains
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook butternut squash for lasagna?Grease the lasagna dish lightly with olive oil spray. Spread ⅓ of butternut squash filling on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle lightly with mozzarella cheese. Top with cooked lasagna noodles without overlapping (I used 3 noodles). Spread half of spinach filling over the noodles.
How to cook lasagna with Bolognese pasta?Cook the lasagna noodles 3 to 4 minutes less than the package directs. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water, and pour the pasta onto a baking sheet to cool. Drizzle with olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking and set aside until ready to assemble. For the Bolognese: Place a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat and add the oil.
How to cook lasagna noodles?Use cooked lasagna noodles. Bring a large pot of water to boil, cook the noodles al dente, rinse each noodle with cold water and drain. This will guarantee the perfect texture!
What are the ingredients in deliciosa vegetarian lasagna?Delicious vegetarian lasagna recipe that uses vegetables (butternut squash, spinach), and three cheeses (Ricotta, Mozzarella, and Parmesan)! Perfect as a veggie main dish for every day.