AVOCADO AND LUMP CRAB SALAD
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomato, olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
- Add crab meat and gently toss.
- Cut the avocado open, remove pit and peel the skin or spoon the avocado out.
- Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and fill the avocado halves equally with crab salad.
- This makes 2 servings, place on two plates with lettuce if you wish and serve.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 avocado half w/ crab meat, Calories 178 kcal, Carbohydrate 9 g, Protein 9.5 g, Fat 13 g, SaturatedFat 3 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Sodium 447 mg, Fiber 5 g, Sugar 1 g
CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the haricots verts and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Puree the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, basil and anchovies in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the crabmeat, half of the avocado and about 1 tablespoon of the yogurt dressing in a small bowl. Toss the romaine, croutons, haricots verts and the remaining avocado with the remaining dressing in a large bowl.
- Divide the romaine salad among plates, top with the tomatoes and place some of the crab mixture in the center.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314 calorie, Fat 14 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Cholesterol 73 milligrams, Sodium 552 milligrams, Carbohydrate 28 grams, Fiber 8 grams, Protein 22 grams
We enjoy having this creamy and crunchy salad out on our deck on summer evenings. And it goes together in minutes flat! -Gail VanGundy, Parker, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients. Spoon onto avocado halves. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 326 calories, Fat 26g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 84mg cholesterol, Sodium 654mg sodium, Carbohydrate 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 5g fiber), Protein 17g protein.
AVOCADO CRABMEAT SALAD
You'll reel in compliments with Gail VanGundy's colorful seafood salad. "It makes a pretty side dish," notes the Parker, Colorado cook.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a bowl, combine the crab, lettuce, celery, onion, lemon juice, salt and paprika. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Stir in mayonnaise until combined. Serve in avocado halves.
Nutrition Facts :
AVOCADO AND CRABMEAT SALAD
- Pick over crabmeat, removing any shell or cartilage.
- In a bowl, combine crabmeat, mayo, juice of 1/2 lemon, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt & pepper. Mix lightly.
- Cut each avocado in half, peel and remove the pit. Cut each half into 6 to 8 wedges, squeezing remaining 1/2 lemon over slices to prevent discoloration.
- Place crabmeat in center of large serving platter. Arrange avocado and tomato wedges alternately around crabmeat.
- Sprinkle wedges lightly with salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 510.1, Fat 35.8, SaturatedFat 5.3, Cholesterol 103.7, Sodium 908.5, Carbohydrate 29.1, Fiber 9, Sugar 6.3, Protein 24.1
CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD IN A PITA
- In a blender, puree the mayonnaise, roasted pepper, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, and the cayenne pepper. Set aside. In a medium bowl, toss together the crabmeat, avocado, onion, remaining lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the top third off pita breads. Divide crabmeat mixture among pitas, drizzle with red pepper mayonnaise, and tuck some alfalfa sprouts into each sandwich. Tightly wrap in waxed paper and keep chilled up to 1 hour.
AVOCADO STUFFED WITH CRABMEAT MAISON, OR COLD CRAB SALAD
I made this recently when our supper club decided to brunch instead of supper; everyone loved it. The recipe comes from a cookbook from one of the oldest and most loved New Orleans fine dining restaurants (Galatoire's); it would be perfect for any brunch or luncheon. It calls for iceberg lettuce, which I usually hate, but they insist on using it b/c the dressing works better, so I did. Also, use very good crabmeat. I am not including the dressing recipe in the ingredients/directions b/c it makes more than you need for this salad, but I am writing it out here b/c it is simple and necessary (and you will want to drizzle it on the finished salad): Creole Mustard Vinaigrette 1/3 c red wine vinegar, 1/2 c creole mustard, 2/3 c vegetable oil, salt and pepper to taste, whisk together in small bowl.
Provided by larchie
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Crabmeat Maison:.
- Combine egg yolks, vinegar, mustard, and lemon juice in mixing bowl, and whisk together (until well combined); whisk in oil slowly until emulsified (this might work better in food processor, but I did by hand).
- Fold in capers, parsley, and onions, and season with salt and pepper. Chill for 2 to 4 hours.
- Shortly before serving, gently fold in crabmeat, taking care not to break any of the lumps; set aside.
- Stuffed Avocado Salad:.
- Slice the avocados lengthwise, and remove the pits. Peel and set the 8 halves aside.
- Create a bed of lettuce on 8 chilled plates. Nest the avocado halves in the center of the lettuce covered plates.
- Evenly divide the Crabmeat Maison into the cavities of the avocados, forming little mounds.
- Add a wedge of the tomato to each plate, and drizzle with the Creole Mustard Vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
More about "avocado crabmeat salad recipes"
CRABMEAT AND AVOCADO SALAD - LOUISIANA COOKIN
Estimated Reading Time 1 min
CRAB & AVOCADO SALAD - RECIPE - FINECOOKING
10 BEST CRAB MEAT WITH AVOCADO RECIPES - YUMMLY
CRAB SALAD STUFFED AVOCADOS - AVOCADO RECIPES - LAYLITA'S RECIPES
10 BEST AVOCADO STUFFED WITH CRAB MEAT RECIPES | YUMMLY
AVOCADO SALAD WITH CRAB MEAT (NOT QUITE CRAB LOUIE) - EASY
CRABMEAT SALAD WITH AVOCADO | LOUISIANA KITCHEN & CULTURE
AVOCADOS STUFFED WITH CRABMEAT SALAD - FOODIE HOME CHEF
KETO CRAB MEAT SALAD STUFFED AVOCADOS - LOW CARB RECIPE
BACON, CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD WITH GREEN ONION YOGURT SALAD
A DELICIOUS BLUE CRAB SALAD WITH FRESH AVOCADO - FIFTEEN SPATULAS
AVOCADO AND CRABMEAT SALAD - GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
CRAB SALAD STUFFED AVOCADOS - FOODIECRUSH.COM
CRAB, LEMON, AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - KITCHEN TRICKS
AVOCADO CRABMEAT SALAD RECIPE
AVOCADO CRAB SALAD WITH ASIAN SESAME DRESSING RECIPE
CRAB AVOCADO SALAD WITH MISO DRESSING (NO COOK SALAD RECIPE)
CRAB AVOCADO SALAD - FOOD FAITH FITNESS
CUCUMBER AVOCADO CRAB SALAD - EVOLVING TABLE
CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE - EASY AND DELICIOUS - MACHEESMO
CRAB AVOCADO RECIPE - KETO APPROVED
LUMP CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD - SWEET SAVORY AND STEPH
BEST CRAB & AVOCADO SALAD RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CRAB AND AVOCADO SALAD - URBAN COOKERY
LAYERED TOMATO, AVOCADO AND CRABMEAT SALADS RECIPE | EAT …
AVOCADO CRAB MEAT SALAD RECIPE BY GARDEN.FRESH | IFOOD.TV
AVOCADO & CRABMEAT SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
CRAB AVOCADO STACK SALAD – LAYLITA’S RECIPES
18 EASY AND TASTY AVOCADO AND CRAB SALAD RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
CRAB SALAD WITH AVOCADO AND TOMATO RECIPE | MYRECIPES
LUMP CRAB AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE | NOOBCOOK.COM
AVOCADOS WITH CRABMEAT RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
BEST CRAB COCKTAIL RECIPE BLOG ブログ - PRECIOUS-L.COM
AVOCADO AND CRABMEAT SALAD - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
HOT CRABMEAT-AVOCADO SALAD | VINTAGE RECIPE CARDS
18 EASY AND TASTY AVOCADO CRAB SALAD RECIPES BY HOME COOKS
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make crab salad with avocado?Instructions In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomato, olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper, to taste. Add crab meat and gently toss. Cut the avocado open, remove pit and peel the skin or spoon the avocado out. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and fill the avocado halves equally with crab salad.
What to eat at crab salad?Crab salad stuffed avocados prepared by filling ripe avocados with a salad of crab, red onion, bell pepper, cucumber, radishes, lime juice, olive oil, and cilantro.
How to make blue crab salad?Enjoy! Avocado halves are stuffed with a blue crab salad made with fresh tomato, jalapeno, and cilantro. In a medium bowl, mix to combine the mayonnaise, lime juice, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, cayenne, and salt. Drain any excess water from the crab meat, then gently fold it into the dressing.
How do you make crab salad without a shell?Pick over crabmeat, removing any shell or cartilage. In a bowl, combine crabmeat, mayo, juice of 1/2 lemon, onion, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt & pepper. Mix lightly. Cut each avocado in half, peel and remove the pit.